[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conservative Atheism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: Nietzsche.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
Why is it that religious are always depicted as conservative and atheist as liberal?
>>
>>70410338
Burgerland stereotypes. They don't get that religion is significantly less relevant in politics elsewhere.
>>
>>70410404
Isn't Russia fairly religious, though?
>>
>>70410338
because big bad antichrist karl marx was a big bad atheist, and because apparently stalin was evil because he was an atheist

>>70410404
this. the people here are fucking morons
>>
>>70410454
It was pre-communism
Pretty sure it's was of the most atheistic countries now
>>
>>70410495
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism#Russia
>>
Media control of the people
>>
>>70410495
Most of those people who call themselves Christian probably don't ever go to church or practice, they just say it.
>>
They seem to think that atheists have no concept of morals, because we don't blindly trust a book to help us decide whether or not we should do something. To be honest, atheism is more red-pilled than other religions, simply because they don't just accept that a God exists without any sufficient evidence, and instead of looking to a higher power to dictate their life, they use logic and reason to decide if they should or shouldn't do things.
>>
File: problem of evil.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
problem of evil.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>70410338
Because liberals in America appropriated Atheism for themselves like it was another Jewish invention.
>>
>>70410650
>a creation has no creator: the post
>what are metaphysics: the post
>what I can't see somehow can't exist in my mind: the post
>atheism is a religion: the post
>muh reason, muh logic: the post
>>
Media image to control the people
>>
>>70410754
>why call him god

because the common definition of god isn't an accurate one. who said that he is a sentient being in the first place?
>>
>>70410754
I'm atheist, but just because God doesn't stop evil doesn't necessarily make him evil, it could mean he wishes to give people free will, or that he doesn't see us as being significant enough to help out.
>>
File: clever.png (513 KB, 370x472) Image search: [Google]
clever.png
513 KB, 370x472
>>70410808
if you can concieve of a god without a creator, you can conceive of a universe without a creator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPpXY1aWKgI
>>
>>70410404
fpbp

Christcucks are far more cucked than atheists here. Muh christian guilt.
>>
>>70410754
liberals are right of center capitalists
>>
Liberals are more Christian than the conservatives. They are the true inheritors of the Christian legacy, they just jettisoned all the supernatural shit into the dustbin of history. The core moral dynamic of Jesus teaching is alive and well and glows in the eyes of liberal faggots when they act horrified for not letting billions of third wolrders into your country.
>>
>>70410635
That's just everyone. As far as I'm concerned if someone's a Christian nominally they are still a Christian. Or whatever religion they are
>>
IMHO, a conservative can be atheist, he just doesn't show it off. Religion for most if not all countries is a cultural element and it does promote people's unity within a country. I can't see how conservatives' ideology cannot be related to religion as a social institution, though a conservative himself may not feel like believing/find himself able to believe int the whole "deity" thing
>>
>>70410906
>non sentient God
Like Spinoza's Deus sive Natura?

But a pantheistic view of God isn't really what is usually thought of when people discuss theism x atheism.

>>70410933
Free will is incompatible with an omnipotent god.
>>
>>70410808
>a creation has no creator
It could be possible, how do you know how the universe works? Just because it's not intuitive or conceivable doesn't make it false.
>What I can't see can't exist
Never implied that, I said that they don't just accept he exists, meaning that no atheist would just accept for certain that God is real without sufficient reason to believe so. I live in a kind of suspended state between denial and belief of his existence, as both are possibilities.
>atheism is a religion
that was my fault. Poor wording. Shouldn't have used other.
>muh reason, muh logic
your point? In general, we do what we think will work out best, we aren't scared into behaving a certain way in the ultimately selfish goal of that sweet sweet golden ticket.
>>
>>70411256
I don't believe it is incompatible. For simplicity, consider that every action you do or don't do "splits" the universe into two (one where you do the thing, and the other where you don't). Because God is omnipotent, then he'll be able to predict all possible outcomes, and because you have free will, all possible outcomes will be experienced. God would then be able to see all the outcomes simultaneously, of course.
>>
>>70410338
Media stereotypes.

Literally just media stereotypes.
>>
>>70410338
Because that's largely how it is.
>>
>>70411727
In that scenario God is just running simulations with us.

Is there even a true universe or are they all equally real?
>>
>>70410338
Leftists are a fanatic religious cult. They are just pretending that they aren't because they don't believe in any gods.
>>
>>70411902
You're expecting there to be a "true" universe. Perhaps God may be running the simulations to permit free will, and he sees the "true" universe to be the one where no evil exists.

Still, I don't see how it contradicts God being omnipotent if they're simulations if he's still able to figure out what will happen in each separate universe.
>>
File: 1459378905748.gif (184 KB, 719x311) Image search: [Google]
1459378905748.gif
184 KB, 719x311
>>70410338
Because the GOP is filled with evangelicons and most atheists (as a result) tend to side liberal as a counter to christian dominated conservatism. Then they get out of control (as leftists always do) and now they're not even hiding their anti American commie positions.

I'm an atheist nationalist (conservative) who wants to Make America Great Again. Even if that means I have to side with christcucks. I will never defend or side with the subhuman commie left.

I wish more conservative/nationalist atheists would speak up though.
>>
File: Atheism.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
Atheism.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
Because atheism is faggotry, atheists are people who want to do what the religions considers sins and want to excuse why it's not wrong to do those sins, so it always leads to degeneracy. There are no atheists who are good.
>>
File: 1460019543462.jpg (150 KB, 479x434) Image search: [Google]
1460019543462.jpg
150 KB, 479x434
>>70411829
Also this. Republicans are often portrayed as gun nut Jesus freaks who want to lynch all gays. Democrats are portrayed as PC pseud feminazi loving gun grabbers.
>>
>>70413735
t. insecure Sven
>>
>>70413735
I'm pretty sure most atheists think murder is wrong. The only sin I can think of off the top of my head that's unjustified is homosexuality. Sluts are bad (as per usual), but homosexuals who act like decent straight couples are fine. It's because of the religious oppression that they all act like childish fucktards these days.
>>
>>70413833
>It's because of the religious oppression that they all act like childish fucktards these days.

This.
>>
>>70410965
Cool song and great post, thanks anon
>>
>>70410338
I doubt you can be both conservative and atheists at the same time, you *can* have personal preferences in some religions over others but that doesn't necessarily make you a conservative of that specific religion, after all we are all born under religion, we're bound to live through life with some religious morals that we acknowledge as appropriate or good for society or just for our personal well being/interests.
>>
>>70414205
>I doubt you can be both conservative and atheists at the same time
Then you're very uninformed.
>after all we are all born under religion
I wasn't.
>we're bound to live through life with some religious morals that we acknowledge as appropriate or good for society or just for our personal well being/interests.
Attributing rational common sense or courtesy to religion cheapens the whole thing. You devalue humanity and our emotions.
>>
>>70414442
>Then you're very uninformed.
What do you mean? if you're religious you can't be atheist, unless you're talking about people who pretend for personal gains (many priests do).

>I wasn't.
Well my statement wasn't absolute, it's more a thing about society rather than religion, religions are created by societies of people after all.

>You devalue humanity and our emotions.
Not really, I know religion morals were born from natural human behavious, I didn't think it needed to be pointed out, plenty of societies lived peacefully before the bible was even a concept.
>>
File: 1460144458708.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460144458708.jpg
517 KB, 1920x1080
Because atheism is nihilistic as fuck, it's void of values, it brings a teenager ideology that kick away all the previous historiy, it's not analytic, it just kick everything from christian values outside the box leaving nothing left than "feel better" objectives.

Atheism in fact does not surprass irrational beliefs because most atheist just swap their faith for the state and political views, democracy is the new sacred thing.

Relativism intensifies.

Most unbelievers have a strong faith in the omnipotence, benevolence, omnipresence of the state itself, as a right thing to do. It's a new cult towards the state.

Not having faith at anything at all is still something uncommon.
>>
>>70414719
>What do you mean? if you're religious you can't be atheist
I'm talking about being atheist and conservative.
>Well my statement wasn't absolute, it's more a thing about society rather than religion, religions are created by societies of people after all.
Then "we are all born under religion" is not factual.
>Not really, I know religion morals were born from natural human behavious
You degrade the goodness we do and our compassion by attributing all to religion. Which does absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1459167070285.jpg (27 KB, 200x228) Image search: [Google]
1459167070285.jpg
27 KB, 200x228
>>70414823
>attributing all to religion
Now you're just imaging things, I never implied anything like that, but children who are born in societies with many religious symbols tend to learn religious values too, many parents bring their children at mass or to attend after-school oratory meetings in churches and stuff like that, of course I know the morals and all are concepts that were created by humans for humans because that's how our nature works etc, but religion makes it more easy for these concepts to spread, for example why are middle-eastern countries full of savage people with little to none morals? because they grew up in societies that didn't develop specific ways of life, because in the past people lacked the knowledge and means to explain things like life and death, they had to make things up to put their minds at peace, that's why societies developed religions and and also started teaching religious values, as a mean to control and to put at ease the minds of other people withing the same society. Is this wrong?
>>
>>70414759
>Nofap for 2 weeks
>See this
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt
>>
>>70415402
>tend to learn religious values too
Like what? Hate gays and evolution doesn't real?
>many parents bring their children at mass or to attend after-school oratory meetings in churches and stuff like that
It's called indoctrination.
>but religion makes it more easy for these concepts to spread, for example why are middle-eastern countries full of savage people with little to none morals?
Brainwashing. Christians do the same thing. Except they're considerably more laid back. Unless they have government power of course.
>>
>>70410338
Atheism is intrinsically liberal.

Nietzche was anti-christian, but not at all atheistic.
>>
File: 1457580244628.png (360 KB, 538x477) Image search: [Google]
1457580244628.png
360 KB, 538x477
>>70410338
American conservatives hold on to religion because it's the only defense mechanism they know against liberal ideology. Secretly they long to embrace the master morality of ancient times, but they are too weak to be candid about it. Instead they pretend to like the slave morality of Christianity to conform with the post-modern view on morality.
>>
>>70415895
I'm atheistic and not liberal, I'm more likely libertarian, anacap or paleo-conservative.

And I'm anti shitty values of any religion, christianity and jesus lore included, when it's clearly shit to keep poors poor, deluded and submisive.
>>
>>70415827
believe it or not, not all children are born altrusit and polite, that's why parents use things like fairy tales to tame them, like the myth of santa claus for example, or simply scaring them talking about hell and similar stuff, fear and pain are some of the most influential human instincts, everything revolves around them if you think about it, children can't follow certain rules without intimidation, I worked for 6 years in a beach resort with dozens of children and I've seen some crazy shit, you can tell by the character of the kids what kind of parents they have, parents who slack in doing their job often tend to generate unstable children.
>>
>>70416409 (cont.)
Forgot to quote:
>Like what? Hate gays and evolution doesn't real?

I was replying to this.
>>
>>70416409
>believe it or not, not all children are born altrusit and polite, that's why parents use things like fairy tales to tame them

Then they're incompetent parents who are unable to control their kids without threats of Hell.
>>
The funny thing about America is that the liberal left is the true practitioners of Christ's teachings, and the religious right almost certainly isn't. Jesus really was the first SJW.

I would say it's certainly possible to be right-wing and irreligious or even atheistic, so long as you recognize the value and utility of traditional social structures and norms.
>>
>>70416401
good for you, edgy highschooler
>>
>>70410650
You use logic, right ? why do you trust it so much ? can you explain it? if you try to explain it you would be explaining logic with logic, empty loops much ?

look, I aint saying that logic, is bad, the latter prooved to be effective when we use it amongst us, so let's keep it amongst us and not drag to the supernatural world cuz it doesn't work very well there.
>>
>>70416401
>libertarian, anacap or paleo-conservative.
All of these are liberal ideologies Pedro.
>>
>>70416401
>I'm atheistic and not liberal, I'm more likely libertarian

Liberalism and Libertarianism go hand in hand.
>>
because the atheist position is, by definition, a liberal one

why would you not be liberal, if you don't believe in an objective morality? kill, fuck and eat who you want, we're all just meaningless arbitrary spacedust, that came from an explosion of nothing
>>
>>70416799
Then why are there more GOP libertarians than democratic libertarians?
Or do you mean liberalism as in classical liberalism?
>>
>>70416496
sadly that's the case, I remember these 2 siblings kids they were probably around 6yo and the second day they came to the resort, they were already feared by all the other kids even some older than them, they started bullying everyone and whenever they saw me chewing something they'd come beg for gums and calle me "buddy" or other overly friendly names, they'd call me ugly and fatty whenever I refused, when I saw the parents I didn't even bother to complain, their parents were the spitting image of them, a musclebrain douchebag the dad and strong wommyn mom with a foul mouth, both their IQ combined was probably lower than 130, people like this can either brainwash their children with fairy tales or let them grow wild (this was probably the case with them).
>>
>>70416930
>Or do you mean liberalism as in classical liberalism?
Same cancer different tumor.
>>
>>70416930
>Or do you mean liberalism as in classical liberalism?

Yes. Liberalism as its defined on wikipedia. Modern liberals are democrat SJW authoritarians.

>>70417037
>sadly that's the case

Then blame the shitty parents.
>>
> morals from a 2000 year old book from the middle east
>>
>>70417161
>Then blame the shitty parents.
of course, who else otherwise is to blame, parents who can't even teach their children basic human values are the reason why we still have suicide bombers in the current year.
>>
>>70410338
What does it make me if I'm agnostic? Libertarian?
>>
>>70410338
Well I'm a liberal muslim so there's that.
>>
File: 1458344693684.png (85 KB, 362x379) Image search: [Google]
1458344693684.png
85 KB, 362x379
Keep ramming these great responses anons. I am enjoying my misery so much my fedora is slowly falling off. A great example why it doesnt matter if we become muslim or not.
>>
>>70410338
>Conservative Atheism
I prefer irreligious, takes your belief/lack thereof from the equation

conservativism is a consequence of life experience

one common theme I get from religious people is their illogical questioning how can an unbeliever have morals and ethics without the faith to "guide" them. I'm curious why is that so?
>>
>>70416682
do you even know this is an american based board and liberalism here refers to socialdemocrat partys/unions and not to european liberalism?

>>70416799
same for you

it's like "neoliberalism" in europe, it's the name for not free market capitalism, aka, no liberal at all.

Language used is choosen wisely to manipulate/program/blue pill idiots.

Left wing has nothing to do with libertarianism, as it's against coercion and left or right wing are pro coercion towards their goals/preferences.
>>
File: Codreanu2jv1.jpg (108 KB, 300x442) Image search: [Google]
Codreanu2jv1.jpg
108 KB, 300x442
>>70418796
Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about.

These are all liberal ideologies.
>>
>>70418510
>I'm curious why is that so?

Because they don't know any better.

>>70418796
Classic liberalism and libertarianism are on the same branch.
>>
Nietzschean atheism is the exact opposite of social liberalism/modern leftist secularism

In fact, Nieztschean atheism is more like an Islam without God, while modern leftist liberalism is more like a Christianity without God

The core values of Nietzsche are aristocratic, viril, will of power, being strong and imposing itself, which are paradoxically found among Islamists.

The question of God is almost irrelevant, because both Christianity and modern leftist liberalism, actually shares "social justice", love of the oppressed, hate towards the strong, the rich, messianization and idealization of the weaks, cult of equality.
>>
>>70420426
>The core values of Nietzsche are aristocratic, viril, will of power, being strong and imposing itself

Reminds me of Ragnar Redbeard's Might Is Right.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.