[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saudis: "Within 20 years, we will be an economy or state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: alwaleed-bin-talal-1.jpg (34 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
alwaleed-bin-talal-1.jpg
34 KB, 620x465
Over a five-hour conversation, Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman laid out his vision for the Public Investment Fund (PIF), which will eventually control more than $2 trillion and help wean the kingdom off oil. As part of that strategy, the prince said Saudi will sell shares in Aramco’s parent company and transform the oil giant into an industrial conglomerate. The initial public offering could happen as soon as next year, with the country currently planning to sell less than 5 percent.
“IPOing Aramco and transferring its shares to PIF will technically make investments the source of Saudi government revenue, not oil,” the prince said in an interview at the royal compound in Riyadh that ended at 4 a.m. on Thursday. “What is left now is to diversify investments. So within 20 years, we will be an economy or state that doesn’t depend mainly on oil.”
Almost eight decades since the first Saudi oil was discovered, King Salman’s 30-year-old son is aiming to transform the world’s biggest crude exporter into an economy fit for the next era. As his strategy takes shape, the speed of change may shock a conservative society accustomed to decades of government handouts.

http://www.theworldweekly.com/reader/view/magazine/2016-04-01/saudi-arabia-is-planning-a-2-trillion-megafund-for-a-post-oil-future/7403
>>
Yeah like Saudis are actually going to do any real work lol.

They're going to chimpout the moment their gibs run dry.
>>
>"My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a camel
>>
File: 1459728093444.png (333 KB, 579x568) Image search: [Google]
1459728093444.png
333 KB, 579x568
>>70408948
>yfw Trump blackmails them for their megafund
>>
>>70409175
lel savage
>>
>>70409175

Brutal and realistic.
>>
Can somebody explain why Princess Ameerah gets away with not wearing a burka or even a hijab?
>>
>>70408948
This relies on the assumption that people in the rest of the world will do business with the Saudis.
Fun fact: people loathe doing business with them. For any Te Dee's, contracts investments they make, the price will always be at a premium, the bribes will always be double. Unlike Oil in the 20th century which had an insatiable market Saudis will be facing actual established legacy competition, instead of business on a silver platter they are accustomed to.
Can you imagine Saudis trying to negotiate against German and Japanese engineering firms to build a bridge?l or fleet of submarines?
It's laughable.
There are going to be some seriously inflamed Saudi anuses this century.
>>
>>70409388
How is this halal?
>>
>>70409427
This is not a hijab and she looks like not Salafist at all.
>>
>>70409388
The Sauds are above the law, their family owns the state, it is their property. One reason Al-Qaeda is popular in Saudi Arabia is because the Sauds themselves just break Islamic law when they feel like it.
>>
>>70408948
Good for them, it's never to early to think about the future.
>>
>>70409388
Shes ridiculously beuatiful
>>
I read about this a few days ago. I kek'd when I learned that they thought their money would be safe in the jew controlled stock market. INB4 the saudi royals are actually jews.
>>
>>70409426
>There are going to be some seriously inflamed Saudi anuses this century.

Let's hope we fucking built a massive shitload of electric vehicles, more solar panels and drill our own oil, so that the Saudis can go fuck themselves with a permanent 25 dollar per barrel oil price.
>>
>>70409527
You must get boners watching the WWE and Olympic men's swimming
>>
>>70409560
?
>>
>>70409556
Fuck them.
We are twice as full for those cunts

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/oct/26/extreme-heatwaves-could-push-gulf-climate-beyond-human-endurance-study-shows

>>70409607
She looks like a bloke mate
>>
>>70409388

it might be a wig
>>
>>70409716
>Millions of Muslims will be killed in heatwaves
Excellent
>>
>>70409388
She's meant as a Western Friendly face, that's why.
>>
>>70409716
I dont see it, she looks really pretty to me
>>
Mohammed bin Salman is the moron that invaded yemen and expected it to be over in one year.
>>
>>70409388
because all in charge are hypocrites
>>
>we will restore Hadi to power in Yemen in 6 months
t. lost some of your own territory and continue to lose battles 1 year into the war
>>
>>70409426
but couldn't they just buy the Japanese german company, have the skilled labor be of the country just own the shares
>>
So how quickly can Tesla and Wrightspeed get our vehicles off oil then?

Can we do it faster than these fuckers can diversify?
>>
>>70409388
>>70409388
They're not real muslims they are worse than that and our greatest ally
>>
>>70410060
Sure. At an inflated price.

They'll even be fighting uphill price wise because of their reputation.

Let's just say you own a car sales business.
You might sell it at a certain yield, but once you discover it's Saudi royals buying the asset the price will double
>>
If the Saudi economy won't depend on oil, what will it depend on? The industriousness and the boundless creativity of the Arab people?
>>
>>70410327
>If the Saudi economy won't depend on oil, what will it depend on? The industriousness and the boundless creativity of the Arab people?
Kek , THIS
>>
once they figure out how to make oil from sand there going to make you all eat your words
>>
>>70409824
>>Millions of Muslims will be killed in heatwaves
>Excellent

In 10 years, we might just have Saudi "refugees" flying to Europe in their private jets claiming "asylum" and then complaining that the number of servants they receive isn't high enough.

Fuck oil. Let's fucking invest massively in non-oil energy and non-oil cars.
>>
>>70410381

they will invest in shit like consulting and foreigners will think for them and earn them massive profits
>>
Why do they still placate the religious nutjobs in their country?
>>
>>70410491
They have to go to Mecca which is in Saudi Arabia. Their religion commands it or they go to hell.
>>
File: hunborder29.jpg (30 KB, 561x315) Image search: [Google]
hunborder29.jpg
30 KB, 561x315
>>70410491

>rich Saudi refugees
>in private jets

The fence will need AA batteries.
>>
>>70410327
this, even if they successfully diversify, I doubt the income will be high enough to pay for an army of Indian and Pakistani slave workers, another army of educated Westerners that coordinate said slave army and have enough money left to pacify the indigenous population, but who knows, maybe the Yemenite rebels will conquer the whole country in a few years.
>>
>>70410614

correction: anti-aircraft batteries. Fugg.
>>
>>70409556
>so that the Saudis can go fuck themselves with a permanent 25 dollar per barrel oil price.

I think they're running out of oil though. All the oil is controlled by the royal family, so they don't have to disclose how much oil they actually have in their reserves. They said a few years ago that they have enough for like 20 years, but I'm thinking it's much less than that.

Now it's just a matter of waiting for them to run dry, so nations like Canada and Venezuela can pick up the slack, and fix their fucked economies.
>>
inb4 their plan consist of moving all Arabs over to Germany and just stealing our economy
>>
What a crock.

There are two kinds of people in Saudi Arabia: the spoiled uber-rich and the destitute.

What do they plan to do? Make the rich work so they can create something? Educate dirt-pushers to the point that they become innovators? All in one generation?

There is one path for Saudi Arabia: Oil depletion and chaos.
>>
>>70410660

Watching Saudi Arabia die will be fun. I will barely be able to contain my schadenfreude. Not even fucking North Korea fills me with as much disgust as fucking Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>70409994
BASED HOUTHIS
>>
>>70410012
Arabs are pathetic at fighting
this explains why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZk4Yu42g0I
>>
>>70408948
>Within 20 years, we will be an economy or state that doesn’t depend mainly on oil.

Yes and India will be super power by 2020. surre.

>Yeah like Saudis are actually going to do any real work lol.

This guy knows what's up. The only reason they have a big economy is due to it's oil, the natives have become extremely lazy, like the estate owners, they have no experience in real work, a whole generation has grown up by doing nothing and getting state money.

Al the labor work is done for them by the immigrants, and once the money runs dry the immigrants will go too.

Saudi is in a big dilemma, they want to modernize the country but for that they will have to liberalize it, and the hardline members of the powerful family will never allow it, since liberalization means they'll lose the grip.

>>70409175
he was very wise.
>>
>>70410491

This. We need to embrace alternative fuels and alternatively-fueled cars.
>>
>>70410834
The thing with North Korea is, it is poor people living under a brutal regime. It's a shit government, but you can kind of fell sorry for the people there. With Saudi Arabia it's the same, only even if they didn't have the shit Saudi rulers, the people would still be complete ass and their new government would probably be just as shit, since it's Arab Muslims, the biggest shit cunts in the universe.
>>
>>70410060
>but couldn't they just buy the Japanese german company,

How many will they buy? A takeover is not as easy as it seems.

>Saudi buys the company.
>other people are disgusted, the stock tanks.

>>70411026
Poo powered cars.
>>
Read this and laugh.
-----
f the oil futures market is correct, Saudi Arabia will start running into trouble within two years. It will be in existential crisis by the end of the decade.

The contract price of US crude oil for delivery in December 2020 is currently $62.05, implying a drastic change in the economic landscape for the Middle East and the petro-rentier states.

The Saudis took a huge gamble last November when they stopped supporting prices and opted instead to flood the market and drive out rivals, boosting their own output to 10.6m barrels a day (b/d) into the teeth of the downturn.

Bank of America says OPEC is now "effectively dissolved". The cartel might as well shut down its offices in Vienna to save money.
-----
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/11/saudi-arabia-may-go-broke-before-the-us-oil-industry-buckles/
>>
>>70409388
Because the House of Saud are full of hypocrites. They live very western and non-islamic lives while they push the garbage rules of sharia on their subjects.
>>
File: kebab.png (354 KB, 680x517) Image search: [Google]
kebab.png
354 KB, 680x517
In the meantime, the Saudis failed in everything they did.
Their army is a complete failure despite the big amount of money they have invested in it, the abilities they showed in Yemen were embarrassing.
>>
>>70408948
Yeah I bet the Saudis won't be happy that they no longer get free education, subsidised health and water.
>>
>>70411156
The Saudis still have the value of their state oil company to fall back on, for the next decade at least. They're already talking about selling shares. It's currently 100% state owned and worth trillions.

In addition, Russia's oil production is projected to start declining in 5 years, due to depletion of oil fields.

The Saudis' fate isn't sealed yet. Although it's unlikely they will turn things around after half a decade of nothing but massive and extremely expensive failures.
>>
>>70411026
why isn't Australia going full on nuke powered, or wind mill? you have a great coastal line, and largest amount of uranium.
>>
>>70411215
They push it because of House Wahab, which controls the clergy and many of the bureaucracies.
>>
Reminder that Saudis will run out of cash in 5 years unless oil prices go up big time.
>>
>>70408948
I love arabs women!
>>
>>70410692
>>70410692
>I think they're running out of oil though. All the oil is controlled by the royal family, so they don't have to disclose how much oil they actually have in their reserves

Not entirely true

SA is a member of OPEC, and they disclose (fictitious) numbers to OPEC, because it's related to how much they are allowed to produce each year

This article will give you a run down on it. Just search for Saudi Arabia for the pertinent bits

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-Voices/2012/0913/Does-OPEC-really-have-80-percent-of-the-world-s-oil-Maybe-not
>>
>>70411323
>The Saudis still have the value of their state oil company to fall back on, for the next decade at least. They're already talking about selling shares. It's currently 100% state owned and worth trillions.

That was the point of the article I posted in the OP. HOWEVER, it probably isn't worth trillions at all. It might not be worth much at all, given where oil prices are heading long term.

Read this>>70411156 article there. Due to technology and energy market changes, it is highly unlikely that oil will go up to more than 50 or 60 by 2020, but could actually permanently be between 20 and 40 bucks a barrel.

>>70411323
>In addition, Russia's oil production is projected to start declining in 5 years, due to depletion of oil fields.
Russia is brining in new tech. It is the biggest country in the world and has massive oil reserves which have not been tapped yet - they haven't even started with shale gas and oil development.

>>70411323
>The Saudis' fate isn't sealed yet.
It sure is. I give them 10 years and then their people will rise up just as in the rest of the Middle East, because the state will be bankrupt. Only that this time around, they just end up nigger tear dead and poor just as in other countries down there.

I hope Europe has built a secure border system by then.
>>
>>70411102
>peru
>>
>>70409388

What a filthy immodest whore, the saudi queen is a whore.

Saudi Government is Haram, unislamic, show this to muslims, watch the saudi mosques blow up when they decide shes supposed to die for that.
>>
File: norway islam.jpg (57 KB, 646x487) Image search: [Google]
norway islam.jpg
57 KB, 646x487
>>70409841

The Saudis want to represent themselves to the west with a whore? What a shitty country.

Every actual practicing muslim in the world would rape, torture and kill her for that.
>>
>>70409388
nobody expect her to be modest, she don't have a reputation to ruin. It's like princes caught fucking men, they just do it in public
>>
File: 30.jpg (383 KB, 1100x732) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
383 KB, 1100x732
>>70410834
meh, i respect these aladdins more than the subhuman mongoloids running this country
>>
>>70411722

Women are supposed to be modest, if they arent modest, and they dont wear a veil to cover their beauty from distracting men, who are above them, and who they should be subordinate to, then they are whores.

WHORES.

If they are not modest, they are whores, welcome to Islam, shes a whore.
>>
>>70409427
It's not halal at all. Nobody thinks it's halal. She knows herself that it is publicly spitting on her own religion.
>>
>>70411722
>>70411775

(If Saudi Arabia knew she was doing this they would be slaughtering people in the streets - their regime is already seen as non-legitimate)
>>
>>70411752
t. Chechen rebel
>>
>>70408948
That statement reminds me of this Iraqi General

>USA is running, we are defeating them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0
>>
>>70411752

>mfw in the original tale Aladdin was a Chinese mongoloid

Not that there is anything wrong with being Mongol, mind you. I'm an expert on the subject.
>>
>>70411350
Wind mill energy is a fucking joke, only reason it's still a thing is because people make mad money out of govt support of it and leftists are too fucking stupid to realize what a waste it is. Perhaps in 100 years when we find durable material and can lift hover mills in +200m where they're profitable

>>70411350
They have uranium, but they won't be able to keep their economy running on solely on uranium. Not at current level anyhow and if they hog it all to over themselves you'll see split in powers
>>
>title
HAHAHAHHAAA!

No.
>>
>>70410555
Yes, but prophecy say that there will be one (or more, i can't remember) years before judgement day where nobody will attend hajj (the pilgrimage near the second Eid) where dogs will go into the mosque for shade because there are no humans to chase them away.
>>
>>70408948
we are going to selll sand and chamels !
>>
File: saudi civil war.png (225 KB, 1756x1450) Image search: [Google]
saudi civil war.png
225 KB, 1756x1450
>>70408948
Delusional as fuck
>>
>>70409556
Solar is worthless, but if we build nuke plants en mass we can easily triple our energy output for the same cost as solar
>>
>>70412208
>implying they won't just all appear one day on your border as refugees
>>
>>70411644

You realise that she's basically calling muslims savage beasts, right? She isn't saying that it's women's fault, she's saying that muslims are ruining everything.

It's just a shit-tier translation.
>>
>>70411775
Nobody thinks she is anything other than what you obviously point out, but she is royalty.

>>70411832
People already know this, nobody views the Saud rulers as good muslims (except a few handful who are religious) just a bunch of promiscuous drunks and homosexuals.

But the only people who demand that even the rulers should follow the laws are groups like ISIS and Al Qaida. The rest are used to saudi rulers being caught doing homosexual acts, adultery and so on and just getting away with it. They are viewed as westerners.

The only thing they can not get away with is blasphemy.
>>
>>70412038
I meant providing energy needs for their country, I guess wind power is truly not so great.

>>70412282
isn't solar improving to the point that production is as low as the unit you pay for at home?

Although I don't think it will benefit Europe, or northern america since they don't get much light.
>>
File: seriously wtf.png (2 MB, 1000x1800) Image search: [Google]
seriously wtf.png
2 MB, 1000x1800
>>70412208

>because their own combat pilots are afraid to fly through clouds
>>
>>70412345
It won't be a meme war like in Syria, they will all die there
>>
>>70409388
because Sharia is for the pleb not rich folks
>>
File: 1436495778706.png (15 KB, 696x331) Image search: [Google]
1436495778706.png
15 KB, 696x331
>>70412282
Solar is only in the middle of the pack.

Wind, geothermal, hydro are all cheaper and solar is getting cheaper by the day too.

Better go for a mix of cheap tech which can actually get cheaper over time. Nuclear isn't going to get cheaper any time soon.
>>
>>70412451
I've actually got solar panels on my house in Scotland, and from about March-October I don't pay an electricity bill. Thing is it cost me close to ten grand for them, so unless everyone does that it's not really feasible, and even then we would still need traditional powerplants for the winter
>>
>>70412208
>big fat fucking citation needed
>>
>>70410555
Someone should invade Mecca. That would be a proper night out with the lads and centuries worth of banter.
>>
>>70412530
Nuclear is incredibly reliable and puts out a few megawatts no matter the weather. Hydro is good, but nearly as expensive and wrecks ecosystems, solar is worthless at night and wind is a fucking joke.

My local hospital went "green" a few years back with their own wind turbine. And most of the time it's sitting still because either it's not windy enough, or it's too windy, so they're drawing power from our friendly local nuclear plant
>>
>>70411644
And yet I consider that wretched old fossil in your pic more of a whore, if in fact she said what was in the quote.
>>
>industrial conglomerate

so become china 4.0
>>
File: images (4).jpg (3 KB, 129x68) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
3 KB, 129x68
>>70412620
They should also ban Muslims from entry.
>>
File: Solar_land_area[1].png (208 KB, 680x480) Image search: [Google]
Solar_land_area[1].png
208 KB, 680x480
>>70412543
Yes, a proper grid system is needed, but considering you're getting very less sun it's good you don't have to pay much.

Anyone who will benefit from solar are the countries from equator.
PS. The Saudi also don't have water source, they are fucking up the sea water and is the salinated as fuck.
>>
File: bacchus to basics.gif (46 KB, 554x648) Image search: [Google]
bacchus to basics.gif
46 KB, 554x648
>>70408948

>Saudis: "Within 20 years, we will have run out of oil and will suddenly become as irrelevant as we were in the 19th century"

FTFY
>>
>>70408948
screw KSA i hate them, they pretty much tricked us and the whole gulf states to fight the yemen war as they are taking "credit" for fighting when UAE is fighting, worst part? theyre annoying, they cant fight for shit, and theyre uneducated, they come to UAE and bahrain to get drunk, party, leave, and be even more stupid in KSA,
>>
>>70412654
>Nuclear is incredibly reliable and puts out a few megawatts no matter the weather. Hydro is good, but nearly as expensive and wrecks ecosystems, solar is worthless at night and wind is a fucking joke.

You don't know much, do you? It all boils down to cost per watt installed. Solar will fall lower. Solar is just sand. Nuclear is complex.

We really don't need electricity that much at night. And lots of countries have e.g. hydro pump plants which pumpt water up into an area during the day with excess electricitcy and release that water to generate electricity at times of need during the night.
>>
File: Wind-Power-Cost-per-Kwh.jpg (115 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Wind-Power-Cost-per-Kwh.jpg
115 KB, 960x720
>>70412858
>>
>>70412858
>It all boils down to cost per watt installed. Solar will fall lower. Solar is just sand. Nuclear is complex.

Cost per watt dosen't matter when you're making zero watts half the time, and significantly reduced watts in the winter. Solar will NEVER be worthwhile, it's a fucking meme power source only touted by green parties that need SOMETHING, ANYTHING to show up nuclear.

The future is either constant brown outs or nuclear. A 100% renewable power system is impossible in a developed country. Even at night, the power demand remains high, especially in countries like mine
>>
>>70412858
>>70413005
Thanks, that's what I was looking for here. >>70412451
>>
>>70413005
>Wind cost
>Still incapable of ever recouping it's install prices

LETS DO IT ANYWAY, ITS "CLEAN" AND TOTALLY DOESN'T DESTROY THE COUNTRYSIDE
>>
>>70410872
wanna tl;dr that shit famalam
>>
>>70411775
>a veil to cover their beauty from distracting men
if you aren't able to control yourself you are no better than an animal Ahmed.
And dangerous animal are euthanized
>>
>>70413034
>Cost per watt dosen't matter when you're making zero watts half the time, and significantly reduced watts in the winter. Solar will NEVER be worthwhile, it's a fucking meme power source only touted by green parties that need SOMETHING, ANYTHING to show up nuclear.

You have no clue, do you?
---
The average costs of installed solar projects have fallen quite a bit, from 2009′s $6.3/W (AC) cost to 2014′s $3.1/W cost, reflecting a drop of more than 50%. In contrast, installed costs for three large CSP projects referenced in the report ranged from $5.1/W (AC) to $6.2/W.

The drop to an average price of 5¢/kWh for solar PPAs indicates that solar power plants are an effective cost-competitive source of energy for utilities, and thanks to the relatively fast construction process, could be an essential component of quickly adding grid capacity, especially in regions with high insolation levels.

The new report found that there appears to be a “deep market” at the low PPA prices, especially in the solar stronghold of the US Southwest, but also in other areas of the country, most notably the Southeast, where recent solar contracts have been announced in previously untapped markets. According to LBNL, the average wholesale price for electricity across the US in 2014 ranged from 3 cents/kWh to 6 cents/kWh, putting the new lower prices of utility-scale solar right inline with most of the utility market.
>>
File: Ahhahahafaggot.jpg (21 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
Ahhahahafaggot.jpg
21 KB, 202x249
Meanwhile in the Airborne troops of the world's third largest spending military:

>>>/wsg/1028069
>>
>>70410669
That's a hilarious ambiguity
>>
>>70411389
Inshallah they all implode in one massive ackbar
>>
>>70413083
NO unit Cohesion.

Unit's have poor cohesion, platoons and batalions don't fight together. Since they loyal people get promoted, not the most capable.

that's why the generals leave first, and even though they have more numbers they will fall to lesser numbers.

Military is weak because if they become co ordinated then they will overthrow the government.

no information management.

A person will stick to the information, and will not share it. even if it means the failure of the mission.

They have the better equipments but they have poor training, equipment has to be maintained by foreigners because the people in arab world are good at memorizing stuff but not analytical, or taking an initiative (which is highly discouraged or even punished)

This is the best tldr i could write.
>>
>>70413502
Very much related for anyone who is interested
http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
>>
>>70413291
>ITS CHEEEEEEEP

And it's worthless in winter, and at night. Wow, so cheap when you need to build huge fucking capacitors and double the grid capacity just to keep the lights on at night
>>
>>70413607
thanks that's quite detailed.
>>
>>70413622
>And it's worthless in winter, and at night.

The price is an average over a 365 period, idiot. If the sun were shinning at night, solar would be even cheaper...
>>
>>70409556
Pls n-no
>>
>>70414021
If it's so cheap why isn't it the most common powe source then?

Oh yeah, cause it's unreliable trash only pushed by retarded green afraid of nuclear power
>>
>>70414066
>Pls n-no
Norway, you got fish and mountains, so get your shit together. You don't need no fucking stinking oil.
>>
>>70410872
Yemenis are arabs too though.
>>
File: re-targets.jpg (47 KB, 810x404) Image search: [Google]
re-targets.jpg
47 KB, 810x404
>>70414178
>If it's so cheap why isn't it the most common powe source then?

Check out pic related. Do you think Marocco is full of green party liberal Bernie socialist Corbyn supporters? Or do you think their energy mix is changing because wind and solar are actually cheaper and more sustainable than fossil?
>>
>>70414359
yemenis are more african than they are more gulf arabic, its stupid how KSA is taking all the "credit" for fighting the war in yemen, when UAE is doing all the fighting, saudi's are unintelligent, and cant fight for shit
>>
>>70414360
>Do you think Marocco is full of green party liberal Bernie socialist Corbyn supporters?

It might be, I don't know shit about Morocco. It's probably more down to they have very little in the way of actual demand since dirt farmers don't have much in the way of electronics, and being in the desert they get lots and lots of sun, so it's actually practical
>>
>>70414523
Are emiratis much better when their top commanders are hired anglos ?

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/mercenaries-charge-uae-forces-fighting-yemen-764309832
>>
>>70414523
Yemen is like 10% African. That's by no means a majority, though it's kind of high.
>>
From what though? Its too puritanical for non muslims to go to.
>>
>>70409078
FPBP
>>
>>70414211
>mountains
Maybe we shall turn into mountain jews

Kek
>captcha: select all mountains
Our future is clear!
>>
>>70414021
>If the sun were shinning at night, solar would be even cheaper...

Actually..
>>
>>70414021
Doesnt solve the problem that there is simply no practical way of storing energy from solar for when you have no sunlight.
>>
>Implying they won't be broke before then

Maybe they'd actually have a chance to pull this off, if they didn't spend most of their money on vanity projects, support for Islamists and economic projects that go nowhere.

You can bet that 90% of their grand industrial scheme will end up looking like Chinese ghost towns, since no one with real expertise wants to work in Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>70410520
>foreigners will think for them

Who will take over their country. It's a big mistake to pay someone to handle military, logistics and infrastructure, you will become complacent and stupid. This is Saudi-Arabia's future in a nutshell.
>>
>>70410919
This. It is a cesspool of corruption, mismanagement, slavery and religious fanaticism. Saudis deserve everything that's coming for them.
>>
>>70414927
finally, the last commander got 51 soldiers or so killed
>>
>>70413502
Thanks famiglia, I appreciate it
>>
>>70411350
Greenies protest the fuck out of new mines
>>
>>70411156
We have to fortify European borders massively then, because compared to that future human flood, the current crisis will be like a walk in the park
>>
>>70413502
Sounds like Israel is itchin' to attack its neighbors because it would end in success but can't because they would be chewed out by the international community.
>>
>>70409175
Reminds me of the quote from Syriana:

"You know what I think? I think a hundred years ago, your people were living in tents in the desert, and a hundred years from now that's right where they'll be."
>>
>>70415430
I think you do not understand how the electricity market works.

Peak hours are during the day. At night far less electricity is needed. Nobody advocates to have a 100% solar only power generation model. However, a mixed system of solar, wind, biomass, geothermal, nuclear, natural gas etc. works. And with the advent of electric cars, the whole charging model for electricity may just change further. Not to mention that we can have "buffer" electricity storing stations with a mix of hydro and battery etc.

We do not need no stinking oil from Saudi Arabia to drive our trucks, charge our smartphones and fuck our whores with the lights on.
>>
>>70412587
Pretty wild speculation, but logical. Cronyism in Saudi is like a cancer, and the actual Saudis are incompetent as fuck. See Yemen, khat-munching ragtags wearing sandal keep BTFOing them.
>>
File: 1450639662322.jpg (148 KB, 544x546) Image search: [Google]
1450639662322.jpg
148 KB, 544x546
>>70410327
>>
>>70414742
>It might be, I don't know shit about Morocco.
It shows.
>>
If SA could hook their electrical grid up to Europe it could supply the EU at peak times with solar, at times when there's little sunlight.
>>
>>70409388
Because something /pol/ doesn't understand

Saudi royal family aren't actually proper Muslims, they just use it as a tool to rule
>>
>>70410104

lel good thinking.
>>
>>70416622
See
>>70416782
I've just solved the peek load/night time solar problem. Hook the worlds electrical grids up and you've got 24/7 solar power.
>>
>>70410104
Sadly our government has no incentive to get off oil since our currency is dependent on oil. We are the actual problem why the world hasnt switched energy sources yet.
>>
KSA is the north korea of the gulf region
>>
>>70416943

Can anything be done to hasten their demise?
>>
>>70416702
>25,000 GWh

OH MY GAHD, THAT NEARLY HALF OF WHAT MY COUNTRY WITH HALF THE POPULATION USES
>>
>>70417030
no. saud royal family are our greatest allies because of the petrodollar. unless the US falls the Saudi's will always be as they are.
>>
>>70417057
correction, my county with 1/5th the population
>>
>>70417030
nope, as you can see, you're screwed both ways, ever since the incident of iran vs KSA, KSA made ALL the gulf states to go against iran, UAE was VERY close to be allied with iran, its already allied with the US,UK,RU,China, etc, heres how ur screwed
>Unally from KSA
>Gulf states go against you, and possibly iran invading so no allies to help (maybe russia ?)
>Ignore KSA
>Iran possibly might make you allies ?
>KSA makes whole gulf states go against you but iran helps ?
>>
>>70410872
then how did they beat america?
twice?
>>
>>70417178
when?
>>
>>70417092
no, the saudi royal family are your greatest allies because of oil, not because you guys are legit allies, they rely on you for help, they cant function without oil, the only reason KSA is where it is right now is these 2 factors,
>Mecca and Medina (Muslims want to pilgrim)
>Oil
>>
>>70408948
Top Delirium, lads

If there is anything KSA is heading towards, it's civil war
>>
>>70417256
reread my comment and you will see the word "petrodollar" in it.
>>
>>70417135
Morocco has a population of 33 million, the UK got 65 million.

Anyway, the point was that electricity generation is rapidly increasing and they are investing massively into alternatives. Hence, I am pretty sure those are actually economically more viable than new fossil power plants.
>>
>>70417312
ah sorry about that american brother, didnt mean no harm
>>
>>70417382
all is good
>>
>>70417330
Scotland has a population of 6 million, and used 52,000GWhrs in 2015

Morocco has a pop of 33 million and used 25,000.

>Anyway, the point was that electricity generation is rapidly increasing and they are investing massively into alternatives. Hence, I am pretty sure those are actually economically more viable than new fossil power plants.

AT no point have I been advocating fossil plants, I've been pointing out at every turn that renewables are worthless compared to nuclear
>>
i just wish all the gulf states broke away from KSA, it just makes me so mad how KSA is taking all the credit for fighting when yet again they cant fight, theyre uneducated, and they think they're the best, UAE is doing all the fighting, we lost 51 casualties or so in yemen, qatar and bahrain left, and idk what kuwait and oman is doing, honestly its stupid, they cant fight, KSA is just sitting ducks right now
>>
>>70417419
its about energy diversity. you use what you can. you wouldnt use hydropower if you live near no rivers or ocean or windpower if you live in a calm non windy environment. Nuclear is the most powerful source but to deny using renewable is dumb.
>>
File: trump.jpg (232 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
232 KB, 2400x1600
>>70410491
Seriously this. Alternative energy is associated with hippies and treehuggers but we should embrace it for what it is: the weapon that will destroy the Middle East and their moon religion.
>>
In here, theres been talk of "Saudization" since like mayne 2-4 years ago. Its the firing of many employees, and arab people getting the job preference so they can learn specialties other than fucking goats and raping women. Thousands of foreign and flip workers were fired. Seamen, nurses, etc. Of course, some of their own men got fired too. And then I just had a talk with a RFP, CIS. He said something like "employing teachers who will teach nursing, accountancy, etc, etc. in Saudi. Huge pay!"

Theyre readying their shit for the habbening.
>>
>>70417529
I live in Scotland, where it's windy as fuck so the SNP in their infinite wisdom invested heavily in wind power.

Now there's brownouts during the winter, because wind can't keep up with demand since it's not a CONSTANT energy source. Why even bother when you can build a single nuclear plant for the same cost as 5000 turbines and have nearly limitless power all the time?
>>
>>70417666
thats why i said energy diversity.
>>
>>70416634
The houthis are backed by iran though, which goes some way to explain their success.

KSA will eat itself, once the bennies stop. I doubt the legacy of Ibn Saud will survive without oil or foreign support.
>>
>>70414360
Remember the Brits are among the palest on the planet, they get shitloads of cloud cover. Anywhere south of the English Channel might be a good starting point for solar.
>>
>>70417666
also nuclear material is like oil. its not finite. there is only so much and because nuclear material can be used to make warheads its very unsafe to let rogue nations have the material to use. Europe and the US using nuclear energy is ok but having North Korea or the regions with terrorist activity use it is not smart.
>>
>>70417729
Wind is worthless, expensive and ugly. Hydro is fine in many places, and solar is worthless unless you're in the desert.

>>70417815
Thorium, common as lead and only needs a tiny amount of uranium to set it off
>>
>>70414360
the best non nuclear energy source is hydro. the deep sea currents are strong as fuck and are constant year round.
>>
I did some training with the Saudi Army when I was in the US Marines. They are absolutely worthless. We were doing an obstacle course and none of the Saudi Officers were there with thier men sweating. We found those smug bastards under an awning smoking and drinking tea. I was our Colonels driver at the time and he was pissed. The Saudi officers said it was too hot to train and that the Col should join them.
>>
>>70409388
hnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>70417954
Your inner moor is horny.
>>
>>70417914
exactly, see what i mean? they cant fight for shit and theyre uneducated and they say "we're fighting the war in yemen hur dur " while we are hte ones truly fighting
>>
>>70418010

WITH A REBEL YELL
SHE CRIED MOOR MOOR MOOR
>>
>>70409996
>because all in charge are hypocrites
This is quite true. My trans friend who is an escort says a large portion of her clients are from Saudi Arabia
>>
>>70412038
>They have uranium, but they won't be able to keep their economy running on solely on uranium. Not at current level anyhow and if they hog it all to over themselves you'll see split in powers
4th generation Breeder-type reactors like what those Russians are building actually shit out more fuel than they eat. Nukes might as well be called Renewables then.
>>70411350
>why isn't Australia going full on nuke powered
Nuke reactors are really fucking expensive upfront, especially since the Ozzies would be contracting foreign firms for them.
>>
>>70416782
Aren't electric grids less and less effective the further you transmit electricity in them?
>>
File: image.jpg (463 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
463 KB, 1280x960
>>70408948
> So within 20 years, we will be an economy or state that doesn’t depend mainly on oil.”

That's right fuckrags, within 20 years your economy will depend mainly on trading glowing hunks of glass
>>
>>70418809

For drinking water.
>>
>>70418855
Which will also be glowing
>>
When the Arab Spring was going on, my Lecturer/Head of School received over a 100 PHD applicants from Saudi Arabia. When shit starts to hit the fan, they get rid of their problematic young.
>>
That is good that Saudi economy will no longer depend on oil.
Now the Americans can introduce democracy to their country
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 750x1189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 750x1189
SAUDI PRINCE TURKI (top kek) KIDNAPPED AFTER THIS DAMAGE CONTROL AIMED AT OBAMA
>>
>>70409716
Unreal I work 10 hour days In a 40* day in pants and long shirt and haven't died yet west Australia is fucking hot
>>
>>70419007
It was hilarious how everyone was celebrating the successes of the Arab Spring but conveniently shut the fuck up about the Gulf states shutting down their own uprisings militarily. Think there was even foreign intervention by Saudis into one of the Gulf states back then.
>>
>>70418809
>>70418947
lesten to what Nippon-san have to say, he knows a few things about radiation
>>
>>70418947
From the springs of Fukushima
>>
>>70418593

That is a basic law of energy, but, if you convert the power to some insanely high voltage the losses are minimised

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-voltage_direct_current
>>
>>70419328
So we'd have to lay some really high voltage cables through one of the world's most conflict prone regions full of terrorists hating Europe?
>>
>>70417030
Not really. There's a reason why Saddam was never fully defeated in the 90s. I speculate that the US feared the collapse of Iraq would lead to Iran filling the void, then sweeping down into Saudi Arabia. Given the Iranians can fight even with primitive tech, it's likely they're the reason America supports Saudi Arabia.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 313x470
>>70419255
We already export a lot of that to Turkey, they don't seem to mind for some reason
>>
>>70418028

You mean you pay more mercenaries than them ?
>>
>>70419138
It's humidity factor
The heat exchange in your body fucks up if there's too much moisture in the air and very high temperatures
>>
>>70409388
1. She's surrounded by women only so it's not haram
2. Hard to do a photo op when youre unrecognizable in a black bag

I'm sure that she's in a burqa when in mixed gender events. If not, she and he family must all die.
>>
File: mad-muslim1.jpg (56 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
mad-muslim1.jpg
56 KB, 500x250
>>70408948
unless they plan on selling square kilometres of sand at the price of gold, it's not gonna happen
>>
>>70419413

You got it, although I would love to see what happens when some genius terrorist tries hacking through a 1500kV cable with a rusty knife
>>
>>70409473
>>70409427

I guess the Saudis never see these photos. We need a Saudi fag to verify this. I guess Saudis never post here? 4chan must be banned over there
>>
>>70417529
>its about energy diversity. you use what you can. you wouldnt use hydropower if you live near no rivers or ocean or windpower if you live in a calm non windy environment. Nuclear is the most powerful source but to deny using renewable is dumb.

exactly

you use 10% solar
10% wind
20% hydro
10% geothermal
20% nuclear
10% natural gas
10% biomass
10% rest

You don't use 90% nuclear and forget about everything else.
>>
>>70409525
Those niggers are 4 decades too late.
>>
>>70410327

Toppest of keks

Saudis have less initiative and creativity than any people on earth. They're bred to be lazy, entitled, dumb. Even the abos got more going on.
>>
>>70419885
>4chan must be banned over there

It is. Not kidding. The Saudis have a great firewall even worse than the Chinese. They only let ISIS propaganda through and McDonalds ads.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 500x667
>>70419545
>for some reason
Was turning Turks into weebs part of your plan?
>>
File: image.png (609 KB, 774x635) Image search: [Google]
image.png
609 KB, 774x635
>>70420077
Of course, why do you think we made a manga series about them?
>>
>>70418028
What do you guys think of the Houthis? Westerners like them more than the Saudis.
>>
>>70420216
And here I thought Terraformar was all about white races unifying to crush dem niggers.
>>
>>70412817
I hope Iran or UAE annexes Saudi and develops the country.
>>
>>70408948
So instead of making money by selling something of value, they will make money through investing? All those numbers in a computer won't do them shit when the next global finance crash hits.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 560x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 560x488
>>70420367
No, there was a black African character among the heroes who mentioned she was female circumcised.

But you'll notice there were no Turks among the heroes.
>>
File: IvHcri0.jpg (120 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IvHcri0.jpg
120 KB, 1280x960
>>70408948
this is all your fault /pol/

soon we'll have to include them in our little club, and others will follow

fuck oil, fuck humanitarianism
>>
File: 1458126387921.jpg (24 KB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
1458126387921.jpg
24 KB, 256x195
>>70408948
>tfw they will lose 2 trillion via corrupcy and poor investments within 10 years

stupid goatfuckers like they could actually earn money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MX6BlTIZ2o&nohtml5=False
>>
File: image.png (264 KB, 485x708) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264 KB, 485x708
>>70420216
And you're wondering why we want to join the EU

Step it up senpai, those animes aren't going to adapt themselves from the manga
>>
>>70412208
This gave me a throbbing hard war boner
>>
>>70420481
They want to try to switch to a consumer economy.

That's my guess for what it's worth
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 620x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 620x237
>>70420565
>And you're wondering why we want to join the EU

Makes sense, taking up residence in a ruined, condemned tenement is the life dream of any cockroach
>>
>>70420565
>And you're wondering why we want to join the EU
Since when does Turkey want to join the EU? I thought it is just a meme to appease the leftist young women before they marry?
>>
>>70410919
>a whole generation has grown up by doing nothing and getting state money.

is social welfare really that generous in Saudi Arabia?
>>
Saudi Arabia is going into solar. It is thinking of building huge battery farms with the help of Tesla technology. Stupid?
>>
>>70421167
that is really dumb the maintain and repair cost will maintain their profits
.. why do you think no one is doing this right now? don't believe leftists propaganda non of them has a technical education, that's why they come up with stupid shit like solar roads and deepsea windparks
>>
>>70420565
And you never will. Long as there is cyprus, there will always be at least one guy vetoing your application regardless of how cucked the other 27 memberstates can be.
>>
>>70421167
>building huge arrays of solar collectors across the Arabian peninsula
>covering the desert with solar cells

This is a great idea I'm sure nothing could go wrong

http://youtu.be/y6120QOlsfU
>>
>>70408948

The ride is over for them. They have masses of uneducated, unskilled, inbred and religious people that will not be able to run a country.
>>
>>70411550
>I hope Europe has built a secure border system by then.

But that goes against your open borders philosophy.

You really think Europe has the political will to build a wall like Trump? That makes no sense at all. Your political leadership has already declared refugee rights are more important than Europeans'rights. You'll never build a wall.
>>
>>70408948
are they about to get dropped by the anglos? i cant imagine they want their puppets using oil for themselves
>>
We should pull some fast five shit and rob those fuckers blind.
>>
>>70411292
>>70408948
He's right about that. Chief export in 20 years will be sand.

Meanwhile the rich kings will all have buggered off to some other part of the world to avoid the inevitable collapse.
>>
>>70411974
>"On April 7, 2003, al-Sahhaf claimed that there were no American troops in Baghdad, and that the Americans were committing suicide by the hundreds at the city's gates. At that time, American tanks were patrolling the streets only a few hundred meters from the location where the press conference was held, and were clearly visible behind him"
>>
>>70421569
Actually, we export sand to them for construction, reclamation, etc.
Their sand is rubbish
>>
>>70408948
>buy a well bag of garbage bags made in saudi arabia
>it disintegrates once i put half a kilo worth of trash in it
>buy a saudi door lock
>it breaks the next month

yeah i dont hold much hope unless they plant date trees in the entire country
you should never buy anything made in saudi arabia that isnt oil or dates desu
>>
>>70410555

How fitting if Mecca is turned into hell
>>
>>70421724
I think I got a box of cookies fromSaudia Arabia once years back at the 100 yen shop
I want to say they tasted like oil and sand but I'm pretty sure they actually tasted worse.
>>
File: 1444102047923.jpg (65 KB, 494x849) Image search: [Google]
1444102047923.jpg
65 KB, 494x849
>>70419894
LOL

>Dam your rivers, and destroy them for energy.
>Block out the sun from the ground destorying the soil and ecosystem over time as the system requires more and more land. (And oil ironically)
>Block the wind. Killing both birds and destroying the system in which they live.
>Burn your trash converting biodegradable material into radioactive ash.

Call yourself an environmentalist. Leftism is a delusion like non-other.

Tell me how much of the earth is destroyed to retrieve oil? Also if all these things require oil to build, operate, and maintain -- why waste all that excess energy lost, and destroy the environment at the same time.

Isn't it ironic that leftist almost resemble the robots from the matrix? They are willing to destroy the very system that gives them life just so they can practice hegemony.

Reminds me of niggers.
>>
File: mecca.jpg (737 KB, 2886x1922) Image search: [Google]
mecca.jpg
737 KB, 2886x1922
>>70421844
>islam's holiest city
>looks like a retarded love child between las vegas and mordor
wew lad
>>
>>70410555
Jordan will takeover Hejaz (Mecca, Medina, Jeddah) if saudi collapse.
Hashimite family of Jordan was the ruler of Hejaz before Saudi came from Nejd
>>
File: ghetto laugh face.jpg (10 KB, 207x183) Image search: [Google]
ghetto laugh face.jpg
10 KB, 207x183
>>70409078
>Saudis are actually going to do any real work

haha truuuuuuuuu *le funnay okay hand gesture*
>>
What could they possibly offer anyone?
>Unskilled
>Oppressed classes
>Slave labour
>Religious fundamentalism causes friction in the chain
>Uneducated
The only thing they have, is money, from oil.
>>
>>70418565
I believe a reactor which produces more fuel than it burns violates conservation of energy, anon.
>>
What fundamentals do they have? LAFF
>>
>>70422607
>what is a breeder reactor

It doesn't "create" energy, it simply makes the energy accessible.
It doesn't violate newton's law.
>>
>>70422149
It really fucking does look like Mordor.
>>
>>70412654

There is a booming battery industry developing solutions to store energy for the grid.
>>
>>70412530

>Nuclear isn't going to get cheaper any time soon

Because of idiots like you and left-wing nutjobs that protest nuclear power

>B-but it's totally ok to let he Chinese dominate the market for the rare metals needed to build solar panels and let them strip mine the earth and wreck the environment

Cuck in Germany, who could have guessed?

Anyway speaking as a physicist who actually knows this shit, solar has an absolute efficiency cap. Look up the Sockley-Queisser limit. Sure, solar might be well and dandy for home power production but industry and public works are dead in the water without nuclear.
>>
>>70410491
Or you can just BUY OIL FROM CANADA! We have the second largest reserves in the world but are only the 10th largest producer. Why is Europe so obsessed with sucking circumcised Muslim cock? Just get your oil from us. Fuck Europe, all you can do for us is force us to ban shit and invade us.
>>
>>70413034

It takes 20 years to build a nuclear power station. The future supply of uranium is very uncertain.

Nuclear is the meme, friend.
>>
>>70421467
in a region famous for terrorist groups

its okay the Saudi army can defend it :^)
>>
These people are used to obtaining wealth through easy oil money. Can they now build a culture of progress and innovation in 20 years that took the West 200+ years to build? I highly doubt it. But then what do I know? I'm not a trillionaire. What can be bought if you have trillions? Does it matter for the incessantly innovating chinese/indian "slave" at Google/Apple/Microsoft whether the owner is Bill Gates or some Arab sheikh?
>>
>>70422149
nice catch.

the fucking construction though. it's so fucking random
>>
>>70423043

You seemed to have enough uranium to make nukes to sell to the Jews though
>>
>>70421844
Brilliant
>>
>>70423043
With breeder reactors the supply is effectively infinite
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1200x1200
>>70413336
Indeed it is
>>
File: saudi exports.png (25 KB, 765x580) Image search: [Google]
saudi exports.png
25 KB, 765x580
>>70408948
>Within 20 years, we will be an economy or state that doesn’t depend mainly on oil

sure m8
>>
File: 1451839782170.jpg (495 KB, 1305x1265) Image search: [Google]
1451839782170.jpg
495 KB, 1305x1265
>>70422261

No, ISIS will find a new home when SA collapses.

Then we will have the final battle, and bomb Mecca

>plz Jesus, make this the happening.
>>
>>70423687

That's because Jews are based
>>
>>70409388
>why is this royal not following the law?
You don't really get this whole "monarchy" thing, do you?
>>
Saudis are too inbred and stupid to pull this off. Those bedouin camel piss drinking perverts will probably be extinct in 20 years.
>>
>>70422607
>>70422823
Breeder reactors turn fertile fuel into fissile fuel. U-238 can't undergo fission, it has to be bred into Pu-239/240. Same with Thorium - Th-232 has to be bred into U-233.

Current once-through fuel cycles use a grand total of 6% of the nuclear fuel, leaving a crappy fuel rod full of both fission products and actinides. Modern reactors continually burn fuel so everything ends up as either fission products or helium.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.