[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moral relativism philosophy is the root of all modern day liberal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1449097882823.jpg (95 KB, 736x1102) Image search: [Google]
1449097882823.jpg
95 KB, 736x1102
Moral relativism philosophy is the root of all modern day liberal cancer.
>>
>>70406958
Just incredible, I honestly wish I was there. FML
>>
>>70406958
It may be cancer but at the same time it is an inevitable conclusion if one truly thinks about morality So what are you suggesting?
>>
>>70406958
Although I agree, but just seeing that picture breaks my hear due of the fact all I do is be on this site and be a loser irl while other folks are at least out there enjoying nature.
>>
>>70406958
Moral relativism is true.
>>
>>70407093
That is until you realize that morality is ultimately necessary. If you're at the point of relativism, you're at the halfway point to being complete in terms of understanding it.
>>
>>70407130
Well are you happy doing that? Nothing is keeping you from shutting down the computer and going out to experience the nature if you so wish, friend.
>>
>>70407224
Necessary in what sense?
>>
its just a mountain. Once you go there, yeah, it looks nice for a few minutes, then you go on doing whatever it was you were doing. Its nothing special DESU
>>
>>70407093
>moral relativism is an inevitable conclusion
POST WEW MODERN
O E
S W
T
M
O
D
E
R
N
>>
>>70407217
If everything you say is true because it's how you see it and everything I say is true because of how I see it, I say your doctrine is false.

Boom, relativism destroyed. It's called an absurd. Greeks did this a long time ago, if you made an argument based on moral relativism everybody would laugh at you
>>
>>70407251
It's non logical on why I continue to do so. Thanks mate.
>>
>>70407093
it's only "inevitable" if God doesn't exist, and even then the fact that other people have different morals doesn't mean it's unethical to force our morals on them
>>
>>70406958
Could you elaborate? I'd say moral relativism is more of a coping technique to the many failures of the promethean progressive ideology.
>>
>>70407382
No its not. The point of moral relativism is that although you can create an objective system that describes perfectly the most efficient means of achieving your values, those values themselves are axiomatic and dependent upon your own will.

In short, values are something we impose upon the world, not something that we discover in the world. Its the same as politics. Its a mental construction we use, but it has no real substance.

Its not "Everything is true because I say it" its "Morality is ultimately just an extension of values which are ultimately subjective."

>>70406958
No its not. Equality as a concept is, along with the idea of tabula rasa.
>>
>>70406958

Nah.

Misunderstandings by the left and right (because they don't care) of what Moral Relativism means is the cause of that cancer.

Here's a hint.

Just because nothing inherently means anything doesn't mean nothing matters.

In fact, things matter MORE when nothing inherently means anything, because every act, from clothes you wear to the words you speak, is an argument that defines what society is. The idea of moral relativism is that we all meet somewhere in the middle of all of the discourse and that's what society is. We all more or less agree on things or fight things, and it affects the people around us and has farther reaching effects some times.

Moral relativism isn't an answer. It's the means to an answer.

But you probably stopped reading a while back, just like the leftist stopped reading in their Phil 100 class.
>>
>>70407382
>If everything you say is true because it's how you see it and everything I say is true because of how I see it, I say your doctrine is false.

>Boom, relativism destroyed.

That is exactly what moral relativism is about though, isn't it? Both of us can argue about our subjective views of morality and at the same time neither of us can be more or less wrong or right than the other, because we practically live in different realities. And in those realities our own point of view is of course the right one.

>>70407487
>it's only "inevitable" if God doesn't exist
You're right. But since we can't seem to be able to consult with any god, we're left with relativism and subjective morality.
>>
>>70406958
its what you get when the young atheist decided to rebell against his christian parents. Before, all morality came from god, so no god = no morality. That this reasoning is flawed because morality does not depend on god does not come to these feeble minded individuals who adore Ayn Rand.
>>
>>70407603
Dude, it's absurd. In moral relativism, if I say murder is not wrong, I'm right. If you claim the contrary, you're right too. Everyone gets to be right. Can that even be defined as morality then, if everyone's moral code is right?
>>
>>70406958
Is the truth though. Cry about it all you want but there is no such thing as absolute anything. I'm no liberal btw
>>
>>70407750
You just made an absolute claim you fucking retard.
>>
>>70407728
I feel like we're arguing about definitions instead of different point of views. I don't think I disagree with you.
>>
>>70407728
You're massively oversimplifying. The point isn't that morality does not exist, its that its ultimately willed into existence.

You don't say "Because everyone can have their own ideas about politics, all possible political systems have power over the United States" why the fuck would you say "Because everyone can have their own ideas about morality, all possible moralities are currently in power?"

Killing is not cosmically wrong. There is nothing "wrong" in and of itself, with killing. Or anything for that matter.

However, I do not want to get killed, and neither do most other people, so we agree not to kill under most conditions.

You're confusing "created by fiat" with "imaginary"
>>
>>70407728

No, see >>70407567

If you say Murder is wrong and I say Murder is right, under moral relativism, neither of us are wrong, and neither of us is right. They're just opinions. We may bring in evidence on the point, and that can persuade more or less people. At the end of the day, THAT is what is most important, not just having a worldview, but sharing that worldview with others to gain perspective. And with that perspective, govern ourselves and others.
>>
>>70407603
you're missing the point of morality. Morality is a set of rules that governs the way people behave in a society. It is not about who is right or wrong but which works better. It has been proven time and time again that the rule "Dont kill people" is beneficial to society and as such should be a rule that everyone is bound to. Thats were we get law from. Morality is then the foundation of said laws, the set of agreed upon values that help you decide what is moral and what is not.
For example:
100 years ago, fidelity was one of those values because it kept families together and prevented many many quarrels between people. It was beneficial to society. Nowadays this value is subsumized under trust: If you and your partner agree to be monogamous, then you have the moral obligation to stick to that rule. However, in some cases, both sides agree that they allow infidelity and as such, you do not break their trust by screwing around. You are still honoring the moral value present.
The change from infidelity to trust does not mean that morality has been abandoned or that it is relative to a subjective view - "dont break your partners trust" is still true for everyone because it is
a) beneficial to society in that it allows for smoother interaction and freedom in acting (like you dont have to fear for your life when sleeping next to your wife)
b) an effect of the general respect you should have for everyone
c) you dont want your trust to be broken either

The changes in morality do not come from it being relative but because we change our values to be more efficient and consistent. It is evolution.
>>
File: 1449098533645.jpg (171 KB, 842x498) Image search: [Google]
1449098533645.jpg
171 KB, 842x498
bump
>>
File: tumblr_nzwfbtd7XO1uu42lno6_1280.jpg (199 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzwfbtd7XO1uu42lno6_1280.jpg
199 KB, 1280x854
>>70406958

morality is not an intrinsic value.
humans are animals.
free will and random does not exist.
someday you will die.

sorry
>>
>>70406958
I disagree :)
>>
you are too fucking stupid to insult

jesus fucking christ what is it about philosophy that makes every retard think that their opinion is correct
>>
File: what the heck.png (167 KB, 436x401) Image search: [Google]
what the heck.png
167 KB, 436x401
>/pol/ believes in moral relativism
>/pol/ also believes in natural rights
umm...
>>
File: Julius_Evola.jpg (13 KB, 220x304) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Evola.jpg
13 KB, 220x304
>>70406958
Yep, the fuck is up with this thread though? I thought /pol/ was a Conservative board that believes in fundamental truths?

Morale Relativism prizes a material perspective on the world, and materially wrought philosophy and morality means that there will be inherent decline because it has no ideal to reach. Your selfish opinions have no transcendent meaning, but are utterly viable because "lmao things are relative, you go be a tranny while letting an Arab butt fuck you".

When you're not looking upwards, rather looking forward, you fall to mediocrity.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.