[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An Apology on Behalf of All Atheists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1460102801415.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460102801415.jpg
205 KB, 1280x720
So I grew up in a Christian family and stopped going to church and believing in God at age 18. I thought I was the shit and muh science could answer all questions in life and I was so smart and whatnot. Well guess what, my life was total shit until I returned to church at now age 22 at the start of the year. It too me some time but I finally realized for a fact that God's not dead.

I would like to apologize on behalf of all Atheists to:
1) Other Christians who I offended with atheism dogma
2) My church who I left and did not even visit for Holidays.
3) Jesus. He died for me and I turned my back on Him for a good portion of my life.

Christian songs I really like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_Z3ZZYLDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UErqHfC4c

Anyone else listen to Christian channels only while in the car? I love Christian worship music and always have, even when I was an Atheist.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>>70402442
Welcome back.
>>
>>70402442
Welcome back brother!
>>
>>70402442

Oh look, it's this thread again
>>
Now you too can jump abroad the Christian victim complex train.
>>
>>70402442
The issue with Atheists is that they don't use a neutral approach to all religions. They demonize Christianity and put Islam and Buddhism ahead of it. They're more like Satanists.
>>
>>70402666
SATAN PLS GO.
>>
[email protected]

I am a struggling Christian, and am considering leaving. It'd be nice if you could email me and help me, or just chat if you want.
>>
>>70402442
what a fucking faggot. lol
>>
>>70402790
Man up and follow your own path
>>
>>70402442
You don't need to apologize. Just not being a heathen anymore is fine.
>>
>>70402442
Wow, you're story so inspirational and realistic. Always good to share your testimony.
I like this song. It's kind of easy to take the opposite way they meant it but eant can be expect from cunts?
https://youtu.be/u8V6l_Q59h0
>>
>>70402666
>complex

yeah no
>>
>>70402533
I was the OP of the last one, this is a different guy.
>>
>>70402910
BarlowGirl is amazing. Flyleaf is cool too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl1AXYOseuY&nohtml5=False
>>
File: image.png (226 KB, 1429x1076) Image search: [Google]
image.png
226 KB, 1429x1076
>>70402666
NICE TRY SATAN
>>
>>70402442
Idiot. What the fuck answers do you need?
>>
File: 1393797615911.png (1 MB, 726x1170) Image search: [Google]
1393797615911.png
1 MB, 726x1170
>>70402442

This is my most favorite Christian song:

https://youtu.be/Yv1LukhMaHI
>>
>>70402442
Nigger
>>70402681
>Islam and Buddhism ahead of it
Nope
>>
File: Tumblr_nrawepF7XG1smho41o1_1280.jpg (175 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_nrawepF7XG1smho41o1_1280.jpg
175 KB, 1024x682
guys what do i do?
im pro trump, super far right, and i actually am fine with christianity, keeping it on the dollar bill, etc.
i'm an atheist though. i want to convert but i just flat out don't buy it. any good arguments for christianity?
>>
Do people unironically believe in Christianity? It's Santa Claus tier.
>>
>>70403693

the jews are a good indication that god is real. they killed jesus and are fucked like 2 k years. they are the most hated group even on /pol/
>>
>>70403422
moar
>>
>>70403693
Not really, no. If you've studied the scriptures, and still don't buy it, no one can convince you.
>>
>>70402442
Welcome back
https://youtu.be/9GVs1kjm5Mc

Any good bible verses you like? Ecclesiastes 2 17 was one I like a lot when I was starting to get back in touch with my faith, same with Job 2 10.
>>
>>70403788

but santa claus was real it was a real person giving shit to poor people and he was a christfag its no suprise that a guy called saint nicolas would be called satan by satanic burgers ,and this satan also took over christmas. wake the fuck up idiot clues all around
>>
>>70403693
you're not going to like this anon.
religion is SPIRITUAL. not RATIONAL. okay? the spiritual and the rational don't really overlap. what you want is a spiritual awakening of some kind. frankly, the easiest way to go about that is taking a rather large dose of psilocybin mushrooms, and then going to church the next day.
there are other, "purer" ways, but they tend to involve your life falling apart.

sorry, no one can argue you into being a christian.
>>
>I caved under the truth of an uncaring nihilistic universe and am now desperately trying to shield myself by literally forcing myself to believe in something.
>>
>>70402511
>>70402523
>>70404303
It's a copypasta/troll you idiots
>>
>>70402442
Nice b8 retard, but we atheist dont care if you want to be a retard.
>>
>>70402442
there's no talking snake in a magic garden you fucking retard

stop LARPing, it won't make you any less of a fedora neckbeard
>>
>>70404224
this is kind of how im feeling.
im becoming open to the idea of spirituality or life after death so who knows, maybe ill have some mid life crisis and get tipped over the edge.
>>
>>70404425
>being a fucking junkie degenerate
>>
>>70404568
I've never seen a mushroom junkie and nor would I want to.
>>
>>70402442
you still don't really believe in it unless you're a minority or especially dumb
>>
File: gg.jpg (51 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
51 KB, 851x315
>>70404568
still better than being an atheist, bruv
>>
>>70404106
bull shit. we meme hard but jews are better rulers than towelniggers or chinese commies
>>
Atheists who bend over backwards for religion are exactly like the "I'm so sorry" cucked whites in Britain apologizing for slavery.

You're a pathetic pushover and a submissive bitch by nature. Which is what Bernie and his filthy ilk do.

OP also doesn't sound like an atheist. More like he's a religious person trying to give his own religion more credibility through a false flag. Just like "I supported Trump but now I'm [x]".
>>
>>70404303
>Job
That story is fucked up. God just saying "yeah, this fucking guy worships me so fucking much, you could do anything to him and he'll still worship me". It's right up there with the time he told Abraham to kill his son and the whole bullshit with Esau and his scheming ass little brother as stories that are dumb as fuck. A good myth has some kind of lesson to learn at least.
>>
The term atheist is misleading. An atheist is described as someone who has a firm belief that there is no greater architecture to existence. I accept that nothing is a possibility, but i do not believe it is the only possibility. I am labeled atheist, and desu senpai it is the closet label your dumb christfag mind could understand.
>>
>>70404715
Or Lot's daughters raping him because God didn't tell them everyone wasn't wiped out.
>>
File: Screenshot_36.png (43 KB, 646x435) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_36.png
43 KB, 646x435
>>70404681

rulers they rule jack shit
>>
>>70404737
an atheist is someone who is not a theist. this isn't rocket science.
>>
>>70402442
Are you also a CruzMissile now? Because you sound just as genuine.
>>
>>70404787
they rule my country through the central banks, media, and hollywood.
>>
>>70404715

you totaly read job wrong . job was the kinda guy who would give the church 100 bucks and then expected good things from god.
>>
>>70404815
>this isn't rocket science.
Exactly. If it was the discussion would be settled by math. But because all religions on Earth are just bullshit, it takes time to expose the lies. One by one though....
>>
>>70404967

you let your self be ruled because you are a cuck

>Implying you have too watch any kind of jew media
>>
>>70404784
And you know after the first time they got him drunk for fuck he knew what was going on. But shit, if some cities just got turned to ash and you're hiding out in caves and shit, why not get drunk and fuck your daughters?
Another story I don't understand is the bit where Noah passes out drunk in his tent and his one son sees so Noah says "y'know what, screw this guy".
>>70405006
What? He was the exact opposite of that. He was the one who said "the lord giveth and the lordtaketh awayth". He was like "god is going to do whatever the fuck he wants, gotta worship him through wgatever".
>>
>>70405322
Because the bible is full of abhorrent nonsense.
>>
>>70405006
His wife was like tgat, though. Bitch was like "yku do all this worship him and whats he do? Fucks you all up is what. Just tell that nigga off and he'll smite you and this shit van be over".
>>
>>70404715
>>70405006
My main take away from that story was that even if Job's life was miserable it didnt change his views on God, hence 'I accept good so why not trouble?'

As for the story of Esau goddamn Jacob was such a faggot to him
>>
R GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD HE RAIN FRO HEAVEN ABOV
>>
>>70405322
>He was like "god is going to do whatever the fuck he wants, gotta worship him through wgatever"

"The master and slave relationship. You must love someone whom you must also fear. The essence of sadomasochism."

>>70405472
>My main take away from that story was that

It teaches you to be a blind, obedient slave.

This is likely why a tornado will destroy a small town, leaving someone alive and everything else wrecked, and the person will thank God.

It's battered housewife syndrome. "He beats me because he loves me! You guys just don't understand!"
>>
>>70402442
I don't care for any kind of institution. I don't mind spirituality but I don't think religions are for me.
>>
I was never an atheist, I assumed that God made everything, although surrounded by 'ape to man' nice pictures. I explored all sorts of different systems, and then found hm, why are so many of the giants in science, the arts, law, etc. etc. Bible supporters? that the scientific revolution was fueled mostly by Christians of the level of Newton, as alternative to the Greek all is chaos. They worked from assumption universe is orderly, as Newton noted, 'thinking God's thoughts after Him.' Then I noted things like the impossibility of even the first molecule to self-form; and then Pasteur demolishing inert matter becoming life. So either 'spontaneous generation' is true or an Infinite Intelligence is involved. Oh, we can theorize that anything is possible given time, but why write scenarios when evidence is there to be studied, short answer. one major mistake is a wrong view of Aquinas' alleged separation of grace and nature. He didn't separate, he categorized. They are 'two sides of the same coin' and not a split coin. And so I can well understand when occultic thought said, well everything is timeless, everything just happens, it resonated, and pile on that zillions of dollars, zap, accepted belief, where 'the lie is exchanged for the truth,'...
>>
>>70405606
If you're the kind of whiny adolescent who's ready to completely give up on life every time something bad happens to them, then I fear I do not have anything comforting to say to you.
>>
>>70405472
> even if Job's life was miserable it didnt change his views on God,
Yeah, but God allowed his life to become so shit to prove how loyal he us. He rven let loads of other people be killed to really fuck with Job.
Jacob was a real fucker, I don't know how that shit can be spun to him being the good guy. He betrayed his family, conspired with his mother to steal from his brother. Literally the worst crime except for actual fratricide. But somehow Esau is the bad guy here.
>>70405606
>It's battered housewife syndrome
That's kind of exactly how God described his relationship with his people. Like a wife who whores around and her husband who beats her but they stay together through the dysfunction.
>>
>>70402442
>Anyone else listen to Christian channels only while in the car?
yeah but not music, i like listening to the christian talk radio stuff on the way to work on AM frequency
>>
>>70403665
I see a ton of athiests doing this, hur muslims aren't bad. Pisses me off, just like the mormon faggots around here that compare the Muslim dislike to their fucking stupid trials.
>>
>>70402681
tumblr tier generalization
atheists!=fedoras
>>
>>70405945
>I assumed that God made everything, although surrounded by 'ape to man' nice pictures

Can't even tell if trolling or not.

>>70405953
>If you're the kind of whiny adolescent who's ready to completely give up

Where was this implied you pathetic liar? You completely misrepresented what I was saying. How shocking.
>>
>>70405984
what about tunnels
>>
>>70402442
>I would like to apologize on behalf of all Atheists to:
Suck a dick you useless pussy.
>>
File: 1455284243064.jpg (721 KB, 2350x919) Image search: [Google]
1455284243064.jpg
721 KB, 2350x919
>>70406064
>>
>>70402681
Hail Satan. Fuck all occultic bullshit, mudslam and Christianity. YOU ingrates are the occultists. You're the ones believing in LOTR themed bullshit. Op you must be one tremendously weak FAGGOT to need your imaginary friend to make you feel better.
>>
>>70406130
Never said there wasn't but I've seen a ton of athiests still throwing out punches with Christians but defend Islam in some way. There are athiests that fight Islam sure but a lot I see, at least around me, Suck so much muslim dick it is ridiculous.
>>
>>70406109
Saying God is a tyrant or an abusive husband makes as much sense as the cells in your body being tyrannical for aging and killing you.
>>
>>70406314
That's because unfortunately there are a lot of atheist on the left who can't wait to be raped by Muhammad, and as we all know they make the most noise. Please don't tar all of us with the same brush.
>>
>>70406360
except an almighty creator would have to have made a conscious decision to do be a dick. Cells aren't sentient
>>
>>70406314
So fuck 'em. I throw them in the same group as the leftist commie traitors.

>>70406360
>You must not question the master!

Do you have time to go for a walk since you're a groveling dog?
>>
>>70406314
>but defend Islam in some way

They mostly defend the rapefugees.

"HurrI hate the religion but not the person."

Fuck that. Hate the religion AND the person who follows it.
>>
>>70406468

Why do they need to be self aware to be abusive? They control your body and make you die against your will.
>>
>>70406660
>Why do they need to be self aware to be abusive?
>>70406360
>makes as much sense as the cells in your body being tyrannical
>>
File: da8695f-240x6577.jpg (739 KB, 240x6577) Image search: [Google]
da8695f-240x6577.jpg
739 KB, 240x6577
Somewhat related encounter I just had on Omegle
>>
>>70406815
No, being tyrannical doesn't require sentience or choice, no definition of the word includes that as a condition. Hence, calling God tyrannical is just as dumb as calling cells tyrannical, or viruses tyrannical.
>>
>>70402442
Jesus was a nice guy, but there is no god.

Sorry guys. I respect you're belief though, in a way.
>>
File: consider.gif (494 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
consider.gif
494 KB, 500x374
>>70402442

Now realize you will never in your life see the reverse of this post, a Christian apologizing for the shitty cruelty they visit upon atheists.

The only possible circumstance would be as a reaction to a post like this or some similar prompting, because they want Christianity to look good.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-09+at+12.28.40).png (4 KB, 523x60) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-09+at+12.28.40).png
4 KB, 523x60
>>70406912
Cells cause you to age because of an inherent flaw with DNA reproduction
Viruses do harm in order to reproduce themselves
A divine creator existing means he created sentient beings and caused an overwhelming amount of suffering just because he felt like it
>>
>>70407071
I'll give you another equivalence. Calling God tyrannical is the same as calling humans tyrannical for owning pets or eating animals. How can a non-sentient life form be "cruel"? It can't, but by your logic, inflicting pain and suffering on a sentient life form would be "cruel" regardless of intent or not.
>>
>>70407043
>Now realize you will never in your life see the reverse of this post, a Christian apologizing for the shitty cruelty they visit upon atheists.

OP is liar. Same shit as "I am now le Cruzmissile."

They were never an atheist.
>>
>>70407043
cry me a river
>>
I'm not religious, but I practice Christian values. The issue with atheists is that they are on the same spectrum as vapors and vegans. They tell you of their lifestyle and expect you to suck them on the spot. Frankly I don't give a shit what religion you are, as long as you aren't a degenerate either way.
>>
>>70407280
>but I practice Christian values

List them.
>>
>he's not a member of the Catholic or Orthodox church
>he's "Christian"

ebin
>>
>>70407175
God isn't to man as man is to animal. Even in your own Bible it states that God made man in his own image, and the point of the garden of Eden story is that in eating the fruit of knowledge humans became like God, having knowledge of good and evil.
>>
>>70407175
Owning a pet is only tyrannical if you mistreat it, domesticated animals are comfortable in human dwellings. We eat other animals for sustenance.
>>
>>70406829
Long read. Interesting.
>>
>>70402442
clense the BrazIslam!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpiwa3so8U
>>
>>70403693
Just pretend like everyone else. Even over here a lot of people just put on an act.
>>
File: silverman.jpg (27 KB, 323x297) Image search: [Google]
silverman.jpg
27 KB, 323x297
>>70407043
i listened to this debate between james white and the president of your religion the other day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4oNDSg_g-8

i don't know why you guys elected him, he's sort of an idiot.
he brought up the book of ephesians around 1:09:10 and said it was promoting works based salvation (it talks about the opposite,) and claims christianity was based on egyptian myths like that zeitgeist facebook meme says.
>>
>>70407353
Not being an asshole, basically. Teaching kids and nieces/nephews to be respectful, humble, responsible, and honest and doing the same myself. Being faithful, no dude weed lol, don't really drink (partially because I don't drink while my wife is pregnant). Be generous, help others, volunteer, etc. I tend to volunteer more than just donate cash though because I know a lot of the practices involving donations are pretty sketchy.
>>
I love the desperate Christian backlash against their slipping hold on American culture. They've barely lost 20% and they're already scrambling like insects in the light. We're being ATTACKED! We're being DESTROYED! GOD ISN'T DEAD! HE ISN'T!

It would be sad if it wasn't funny. God is NOT dead two!! Come see the sequel to the hit film! Hahaha.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x729) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x729
Atheists should be the first to be sent to the communal showers
>>
>>70407578
>i listened to this debate between james white and the president of your religion the other day

1. The "atheism is a religion" meme needs to end.
2. I've seen it too. White is a dishonest cretin.
3. I actually have Silverman's book. Good read.

>>70407606
>Not being an asshole, basically. Teaching kids and nieces/nephews to be respectful, humble, responsible, and honest and doing the same myself

So just be a normal rational human being and then attribute your own conscience mind to a religion you don't believe in?

Gotcha.
>>
>>70407606
You think not smoking weed is a "Christian Value"? That's funny, I should tell the Christians I smoke with.
>>
>>70407626
I'ld rather have Christians than Muhammadans m8
>>
>>70407626
I'M OPPRESSED BY BLANK RED STARBUCKS CUPS.
>>
>>70404106
Romans killed Jesus you dumb faggot.
>>
>>70407680
Now that's someone insecure in their own faith.
>>
>>70407735
Under command by Juden.
>>
>>70407712
its pretty fucking lame when companies do this shit to appease leftist pc culture. Christianity is a party of western and american culture whether you like it or not
>>
>>70402442
>believing in a fairy tale and getting mad that other people ignore you

christfags are a bunch of degenerates, only a few steps above animefags
>>
>>70407705
Muslims barely make up a fraction of the population, and they're already distrusted. We aren't going to replace Christians with anything, and it isn't going away. It is just withering and losing cultural power.
>>
>>70407685
Majority of atheists I met are degenerates, so sorry for making assumptions :^ ) I said Christian values because people need something to live for or something to fear. Atheists tend to have neither.
>>
>>70407804
>proves point

You're literally no different from a feminazi.

>Christianity is a party of western and american culture whether you like it or not

I could not care less if you want to attribute human progress to a religion filled with absurd bullshit. You just cheapen it.
>>
>>70407685

The atheism is a religion meme exists because a lot of atheists, new ones especially, treat it like a religion.

Normal people regardless of religion/lack of and stop caring that much, being decent because they're decent
>>
i wish i could be christian it really would help alot but i feel like im faking it

i went to a private Lutheran school when i was younger and it was nice in some way

even when i do go to church to please my family i feel really calm after

but right after i think "wow this doesnt make sense"

so ive come to the conclusion its the game telephone

all the major religions are true in some aspect and they all really have the same people that pop up now and then

i just think its arrogant to say you KNOW who the true "God" is
>>
>>70402442
I recently came back to my faith too, I've been going through some rough health issues and I can barely eat anything right now. It took a lot, but my whole perception has changed
>>
>>70407894
>Majority of atheists I met are degenerates
I totally believe you. Do you also have white guilt and are ashamed of being white?
>I said Christian values because people need something to live for or something to fear. Atheists tend to have neither.
You attributed normal civilized human behavior to a religion you don't believe in. You are an absolute castrated cuck.
>>
>>70407895
i'm not a christian or religious in any way. I just think its stupid to remove innocuous symbols that are there for holiday spirit to appease progressives
>>
>>70402442
>on behalf

Speak for yourself you fundie apologist.
Religion has thrown this world into chaos, and is the single biggest existential risk to our species.
>>
>>70407956
>The atheism is a religion meme exists because a lot of atheists, new ones especially, treat it like a religion.

How so? Because they form activist groups? Oh right. I forgot that belongs entirely to religion.

>>70407980
>i'm not a christian or religious in any way

Lie.

>I just think its stupid to remove innocuous symbols that are there for holiday spirit to appease progressives

IT'S A BLANK FUCKING CUP.
A BLANK. FUCKING. CUP.
>>
>>70407685
Yep, I do. Its illegal here, for starters, and I don't think its very Christian-like to break the law so you can blaze it up. Why didn't you mention alcohol? They are on the same side of the coin, both contribute to the deterioration of society.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 776x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 776x864
>>70402666
>implying the oppressed aren't the most blessed
Fuck off Sagan
>>
File: 1449088843757.jpg (9 KB, 165x163) Image search: [Google]
1449088843757.jpg
9 KB, 165x163
>>70408041
>Lie.
i was arguing with someone over god being a tyrant if he existed early in this thread m8
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 2208x844) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 2208x844
>>70407735
>implying Pilate didn't wash his hands of the mess
>>
>>70408014
>implying Christianity is a religion and not a lifestyle
>>
File: 1456845516576.jpg (54 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
1456845516576.jpg
54 KB, 345x336
>>70408092
>I'm arguing for and defending the character and value of something I don't believe in on behalf of those who do
>>
>>70407963
Nah, I'm not a cuck. Feel free to spam your buzzwords to make a point though. You said those are values for a normal civilized culture, but that's the point I'm trying to make -- atheists, at least outspoken ones, are not normal or civilized by any means.
>>
>>70408141
>>implying religion is not a lifestyle.
yeah because jews can fuck goys and eat porks when they want to.
>>
>>70407366

But man has tamed the dog and the cat. They bring them out of their hunting grounds and shape their traits and behaviours to the way they see fit. However, taking these creatures out of the wild also opens them up to the possibility of neglect, humility, and abuse. Domesticated animals did not ask to be "brought into existence," as it were, but they still have to deal with the benefits and the damages equally.

>>70407375
>Owning a pet is only tyrannical if you mistreat it, domesticated animals are comfortable in human dwellings

That's not the point. If a being has done something to you which you cannot alter or petition, that may very well be described as a being having tyranny over you, considering the definition which you provided.
>>
>>70408041

>How so? Because they form activist groups? Oh right. I forgot that belongs entirely to religion.

No because they look for meaning and purpose in atheism, bond over it and also create communities or "activist groups". Until you're cool with whatever you decide you're gonna be an angsty atheist or super religious.

Either way it means your life sucks
>>
>>70408187
m8 you're acting like I'm emotionally invested in the cup thing, i just think its stupid
>>
>>70407685
(1:09:14)
>there is a uh uh clause in ephesians "by grace you have been saved through faith and by yourselves, it is the gift of God, it is a result of works"

here's what it really says: "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB

a lot of protestants have this passage memorized because of the endless faith alone vs faith + works argument we have against catholics.

your president went in a completely different direction and said it was by works alone, the man had no idea what he was talking about the entire debate.
>>
>>70408233
>Nah, I'm not a cuck.

You completely are. And I just listed why. You have no balls or conviction whatsoever.

>You said those are values for a normal civilized culture, but that's the point I'm trying to make -- atheists, at least outspoken ones, are not normal or civilized by any means.

Most atheists I've met are regular dudes. You don't sound very honest.

>>70408264
>No because they look for meaning and purpose in atheism, bond over it and also create communities or "activist groups"

What's the problem?
>>
File: BANANAS11.jpg (84 KB, 1024x537) Image search: [Google]
BANANAS11.jpg
84 KB, 1024x537
>>70406130
>>
>>70408060
Sorry you live in the cucked part of the country that let the federal government decide what you can consume. I don't. Alcohol is worse than cannabis by absurd factors. It is also more prevalent than any other drug in society. The fact that you make excuses for alcohol while bullshitting about cannabis really tells me all I need to know about you.
>>
>>70402442

If you thought science rendered the idea of god dead, you were a shitty atheist. If you believe the Bible is the revealed word of God, you might be insane.
>>
>>70408282
Because you are.

>>70408294
>a lot of protestants have this passage memorized because of the endless faith alone vs faith + works argument we have against catholics.

I could not care less.

>your president went in a completely different direction

He's not my president because I'm not a part of American Atheists.
>>
File: piece of shit.png (219 KB, 1384x1188) Image search: [Google]
piece of shit.png
219 KB, 1384x1188
>>70408416
You won't ever find me defending that scumbag commie leftist.
>>
File: 1457315997635.jpg (13 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1457315997635.jpg
13 KB, 540x489
>>70408449
>Because you are.
>>70408249
My point is that if a creator exists than he is a tyrant for causing unnecessary suffering, whether humans are assholes to other animals is irrelevant
>>
>>70408543
>defends the character of something he doesn't believe in and gets upset over blank red cups on behalf of those offended by said blank cups

Tell me. Who was it that cut your fucking manhood off?
>>
>>70408342
>I have different experiences than you, therefore you are a cuck and I am right again.

Damn, guess you got me there. I'm assuming you're trolling or you are just an atheist blinded by the same light that you claim makes Christianity unfavorable. Its 1am here though, so here is a final (You) and I hope you enjoy winning this internet argument that couldn't have possibly resulted in an agreement that differed from your own narrow set up beliefs. Ciao.
>>
>>70408449
>I'm not a part of American Atheists.
my bad, i didn't take into consideration you could be on a proxy or something, i just saw the american flag and assumed.

who's the president of atheism in your country?
is it another jewish man like silverman?
>>
>>70407521
I really hope for your own sake that your not serious, but your posts sounds really ironic, especially after reading the OP, so if you are not ironic we can only assume you are retarded?
>>
>>70408668
>defends the character of something he doesn't believe in
christians are mostly benign, and most i've met are nice people
>upset over red cups
its stupid, like vidya companies removing poses because it triggered some tumblrina
>ad hominem
:^)
>>
>>70407681
>repeating shit without actually thinking for myself for a second.

Thank you for your wonderful insight anon.
>>
>>70408694
>You attribute normal civilized human behavior to a religion you don't believe in, therefore you are a cuck and I am right again.

Fixed.

>>70408695
>who's the president of atheism in your country?

There is no president. Silverman is the current leader of the American Atheist organization which is an activist group.

>>70408774
>christians are mostly benign, and most i've met are nice people
Irrelevant.
>its stupid
It's a blank cup. That you are getting upset over FOR those offended. So you are in fact the one defending the tumblrinas who whine "I'm offended!".
>>
>>70408818
>>repeating shit without actually thinking for myself for a second.

That's exactly what christfags do.
>>
>>70408543
>My point is that if a creator exists than he is a tyrant for causing unnecessary suffering, whether humans are assholes to other animals is irrelevant

So why dont you just give back your free will then and only act on instinct? Retard you just spew out random bullshit whitout even thinking, God gave us free will so we can have a choice, if people choose to use this free will to cause suffering and wars then it is not the creators fault, if you dont want this free will and you dont want a choice, then just kill yourselfd and it will all be over?
>>
>>70408985
If god is almighty why can't he create free will without suffering?
>>
>>70408971
He is actually an atheist so yeah.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (15 KB, 223x233) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
15 KB, 223x233
>>70408985
>God gave us free will so we can have a choice
>>
>>70409023
>Free will without suffering
Where the fuck is free will if you cant do what you want? If you had just read a really little bit of the bible you would know that these are the most basic questions which people always ask, but instead of critiscizing the bible like you do they just ask and then we can explain through teachings out of the bible. So if you dont know what you are talking about then dont critiscize. To answer you there will be free will whitout suffering, what the fuck do you think armaggeddon is for? The world will be cleansed and then we will have free will without suffering, its all in the bible if you just knew how to read.
>>
>>70409161
>here is free will
>now use it exactly as I command you to
>>
>>70402442
fucking attentionwhore

why are insecure poltards like you so weak?

ive noticed alot of people here (mostly mongoloid slavs) like to brag about being christians, the misunderstood underdogs nowadays. i assume this is because of the whole islam/feminism/kike/whatever thing we have going on these days, like a counter culture to that

just know that all religions are scams made up by the smart to trick the stupid to serve them (did you know that in the middle ages you were born a holy man or a peasant? so convenient for the rich to make sure their offspring are set for life). and all the sins? do not kill (dont fucking kill me for treating you like a subhuman, im a fucking priest) do not steal (dont you fucking dare taking my wealth, my bread, my wine, im the fucking priest) dont lie (dont you fucking lie to me about stealing bread for your family) what else other sin am i missing that are used to control goyim?
>>
>>70409161
>The world will be cleansed and then we will have free will without suffering
whats the point of going through all this rubbish then?
>>
>>70409225
>I dont understand so i will just make up my own answer

Again if you read the bible you wouldent have to spur out bullshit misinfo.
Let me fix it for you:
>here is free will
>you have a choice
>listen to me and live forerver
>or dont and live about 80 years EXACTLy how YOU want it.
>Or TRY to listen to me for 80 years and then live forever.

Its really simple, really.
>>
>>70409225
there's nothing contradictory about that, 'free will' doesn't mean there cannot be consequences to your free-will decisions.

free will in philosophy minimally is the ability to not choose X
>>
>>70408985
>God gave us free will so we can have a choice
That one would be our lord and savior, Satan.
>>
>>70409335
The point of your life is MAKING THE CHOICE THAT GOD GAVE US.
>>
File: 1459824523494.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1459824523494.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxz-Y-c2UUc

at one point will americans stop being such fucking retards ?

>this movie grossed millions of dollar
>>
>>70402442
>>
>>70409345
It's you who doesn't understand. Because you're brainwashed.

You can't have free will if you tell people what to do with threats of an afterlife of suffering.

That's why the analogy of the mugger holding a gun to your head and saying "well you have free will. You can give me the money or I can blow your brains out."

That's not free will. That's submission under threats.
>>
>>70409400
>i dont understand so ill just worship satan

Ok broski, lets start at the beginning then, God made adam and eve, they were perfect and would live forever, (FREEWILL NO SUFFERING) then satan make along, made them mortal and gave the suffering, but God was good to us and gave us a second chance, even though we will from that day on forever all be sinners, if we show god that we try then we will regain our perfection, regain our eternal life and live forever.
>>
>>70409491
>I dont understand so I will keep amking up my own answers.

NOBODY said anything about an afterlife of suffering? If you choose not to listen and you die then you will stay dead eternally, you wont burn eternally or whatever, you just wont hear Gods voice when hes gonna wake all the dead people up who did listen.
>>
>>70409507
but god created satan and is all knowing, so he knew he would dick over adam and eve and let it happen, then threw into a hostile environment
>>
>>70409507
Satan was the good guy in that story. God threw a temper tantrum and condemned everyone to hellfire because of two fucking people.

HOW DARE YOU WANT TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE AND NOT BE ETERNAL MIND SLAVES.
WE ALL KNOW YOU MUST NEVER QUESTION THE MASTER.
>>
>>70409491
the will of the one with the gun being pointed at their head is still free in your histrionic analogy.
>>
>>70402442
Welcome back to irrationalism, where empiricism has no value and faith is worth anything you want it to be.
>>
>>70409617
>knowledge

The tree they hate from was not the tree of knowledge, and satan said: Eat from this tree so that you may become like God. But all they gained was the knowledge of good and evil. Which is why there is now suffering.
>>
File: 1417625891949.jpg (40 KB, 640x502) Image search: [Google]
1417625891949.jpg
40 KB, 640x502
>>70409571
Literally you at this point. You're just making excuses for your illogical bullshit.

No matter what flaws are pointed out, you're going to keep being a battered housewife and defending the indefensible, because you're afraid of dying.
>>
>>70409491
The trick is that there is no free will.
>>
despite the fedora maymay i do think most people here are smart enough to understand most things are bullshit

i think there might be a higher power, a god, why? i cant even explain it
>>
>>70409635
He has a gun to his head and could be killed. That's not free. That's being held hostage.
>>
>>70409694
>But all they gained was the knowledge of good and evil.

HOW DARE THEY.

KNOWLEDGE IS FOR FUCKING RETARDS.
>>
>>70409757
we're talking about freedom to will, not freedom to will without any outside influences

the latter would only exist in a vacuum anyway
>>
>>70409737
>i think there might be a higher power, a god, why? i cant even explain it
And irrationalism claimed another victim.
>>
>>70408668
If you're going to approach the matter from an Epicurean standpoint, then you have to consider that suffering is a product of free will. (Even if you personally reject the notion of a free will.) Humans are free to commit evil or good. That is not to say they always make the better choice but this does say at least the choice is there. You're placing the problem of evil on God rather than on the acting agent, and the acting agent is is responsible for his own actions and the consequences which follow. Starvation and genocide are arguably more often than not the product of human actions.

Compare this to parenthood. You brought a child into this world without them explicitly asking you to. Do you coddle them to attempt to reduce the amount of suffering they will experience? No. Doing too much will make the child dependent on you, and once you're gone, your child will be chewed up by reality. Instead, you must step aside and allow the child to grow and learn. That's what a loving creator would do, too.
>>
>>70409715
>literally autistic

All the arguments people posted here today have been debunked by christians over a million times my little friend, I really dont care what you throw at me, I will give a rational answer according to what I have learnt from the bible, and this is the only right answer whitout fallacies, you say there are soooo many fallacies but everytime someon points me at one I give a good answer, and then you say oh your answers are retarded because Im too bigoted to listen.
>>
>>70409834
>let's pretend to be oblivious to the gun to the head and just prove the analogy right at the same time
>>
>>70402442
>>>/x/
>>
>>70409839
i just dont know dude, only reason i do think god might exist is because of the probability. a higher power, but then again, all religions have been proven to be alot of bullshit (like when the dinosaurs were discovered). lets not forget christturds are responsible for the dark ages
>>
>>70409905
>All the arguments people posted here today have been debunked by christians over a million times my little friend

In your head. There is no logical or rational or honest way of defending theism. And that is why theists daily get blown the fuck out.

>I really dont care what you throw at me, I will give a rational answer according to what I have learnt from the bible

You literally just admitted you will ignore whatever someone else says and check the bible for excuses.

This is just sad.
>>
>>70409910
free will: "the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion."

whether or not there's a shitty consequence for a decision has no bearing on whether or not the ability to make a decision is present.

i don't know how to make this clearer for you.
>>
>>70409995
>all religions have been proven to be alot of bullshit
Because no religion has any truth to it. Do you understand what rationalism even is?
>>
>>70410025
Ok broski you win you are the smartest atheist alive I acnt possible convince you to save yourself so so be it.
>>
>>70409995
>christturds responisble for dark ages
hallo achmed
>>
>>70409995
>lets not forget christturds are responsible for the dark ages
Actually, the power vacuum which occurred as a result of the entire Western Roman Empire collapsing can be cited as the main cause for the so-called "Dark Age."
>>
>>70410035
>whether or not there's a shitty consequence for a decision has no bearing on whether or not the ability to make a decision is present

That's incredibly dishonest. You're saying "oh who cares if you're thrown into Hell for not doing what God says. You have a choice lol duh. You can CHOOSE to give the mugger money or die. No big deal."

>>70409995
>lets not forget christturds are responsible for the dark ages

No they weren't.

>>70410110
You sound really insecure.
>>
>>70410169
am i wrong? also, do you really think muslims give a shit about christians?
>>
>>70402442
The only Christian song worth listening to
https://youtu.be/-5i4ZGVQGa8
>>
>>70410248
>am i wrong?
Yes.
>also, do you really think muslims give a shit about christians?
Yes.
>>
>>70410228
I am really insecure actually, but I dont have to be because I have already won.
>>
>>70410228
they werent? im legit asking you this
>>
>>70409412
>god
lol
>>
>>70410282
You're making me feel bad for you.

>>70410286
No. Do you even history? The Crusades was a defensive war against mudslimes.
>>
>>70410248
One could say that it was the fall of the roman empire, others say it was because of the muslim invasions and the jews openly siding with the muslims against the christians which later led to the great expulsion of the jews and the crusades.
>>
problem is, both sides suck for different reasons.
but christians are still a bit more reliable. they are following a code of conduct that can be used for all difficult life occasions. they internalized love and forgiveness, coming from the divine and its ideal. that will lead to prosperity.

the atheist is completely selfish, so no relationships to an atheist will last and no conduct is happening on his part unless there is something to gain for him. this will lead to his own ruin because his soul is mutilated already.
>>
>>70410228
someone else can argue with you on whether or not that's just, i was just triggered on your misuse and misunderstanding of such a fundamental philosophical term.
>>
>>70410372
You're being dishonest.
>>
>>70410333
Really? Don't feel bad for me man, I am literally living the dream, because of my faith I dont have to give a fuck about anything, I mean I could die right now and I would be thankful to God for the amazing life I had, even if I dont make it to paradise it was still an amazing journey so I have already won, so please dont feel sad for me.
>>
>>70402442
The best christian song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dlTGwpvHKA
>>
File: 1416389595896.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1416389595896.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1080
>>70410412
>because of my faith I dont have to give a fuck about anything

That's why I feel bad for you.
>>
>>70402442

Oh god, please, don't mix popular music with religion because you're making them both bad.
>>
>>70410368
Baseless assumptions.
>>
>>70410368
All humans are selfish. To deny this is to deny being human.

There's nothing wrong with being selfish or having a healthy ego so long as its kept in check.
>>
>>70410502
We both know people believe what they WANT to believe. You obviously dont want to believe because it would hurt your ego too much. You call me brainwashed while the majority is actually brainwashed to believe the bible is old and worthless. It was fun to argue with you for a bit but I realize now you must be completely empty inside, if I were you I would honestly rob banks shoot people, and generally just live my life 100% for myself, but now I have God so I can behave and live forever, i dont know how to say this but you are wasting your time trying to hurt my feeelings.
>>
>>70410661
>You obviously dont want to believe because it would hurt your ego too much

I don't believe because I've heard every argument possible and they've failed. I'm open to being proven wrong.

I WAS religious years and years ago. But I took time to critically think about it review religious arguments and found none of them held up.

>You call me brainwashed while the majority is actually brainwashed to believe the bible is old and worthless

Fucking what? 70% to 85% of my country is Christian. 49% don't even understand evolution thanks to creationist fuckwits.

>It was fun to argue with you for a bit but I realize now you must be completely empty inside

No my friend. You sound like the one who's empty inside. With your "I don't give a fuck about anything" attitude.

>if I were you I would honestly rob banks shoot people, and generally just live my life 100% for myself

So you're a sociopath?
>>
>>70410916
>I WAS religious years and years ago
Well I guess you didnt really have faith then, because if you did and you would ask god to show you proof then he wouldve showed you. Dont believe the great babylonian religions like katholiscism either. the only based christian group who REALLY follow the bible are jehova witness who translated the bible into MORE than 2800 languages!!! If that is not proof that its the only religion accesible by anyone which is a prerequesite for armaggedon if you had read the prophecies. So all in all if you were really religious you were doing it wrong.
>>
>>70410916
>70% to 85% of my country is Christian
95% babylonian christianity.
>>
>>70411157
>because if you did and you would ask god to show you proof then he wouldve showed you

I did. About a hundred times.

Nothing. No answer. No signs. I was talking to thin air.

And I wasn't deluded enough to talk to myself and pretend it was God.
>>
>>70410588
>implying this is what I mean.

you're forgetting how dogma helps not being selfish. a religious community is more helpful in your life than being thrown out there with atheists who all scattered. I'd rather have a religiously motivated hotspot of services and spiritual guidance rather than depending on somebody who is only holding out for himself.

>>70410571
baseless nigger

t. Based God
>>
>>70411418
I have asked God for proof 3 times, and three times he has showed me, now I have no more excuses not to have faith.
>>
>>70411441
He clearly didn't get the post from our fellow american and you still commit baseless assumptions.

>baseless nigger
Ironic coming from the selfish religion-guy
>>
>>70411441
>you're forgetting how dogma helps not being selfish

Blatantly false.

>>70411463
You're irrational and sociopathic. So do elaborate on the 3 "proofs".
>>
>>70411441
If you are an honest person Jehova Witness in my country will provide you with food, drinks, a roof over your head a job, whatever you need, There are ten thousands of people who work in Jehovas service 100+ hours a month for a very small compensation which is not enough to live off, these people get food drinks whatever they need from others in the group. I mean miracles happen everyday we build a JW building in 2 days with 400 men, all for free in poor countries and richer ones.
>>
>>70411541
>faggy bickering

keep barking muhammed. you haven't explained shit.
>>
>>70411627
>keep barking muhammed
Nice personal attack

>you haven't explained shit.
I have explained that your assumptions are baseless. The burden of proof is on you.
>>
File: 1455459032446.gif (2 MB, 700x375) Image search: [Google]
1455459032446.gif
2 MB, 700x375
>>70411157
>the only based christian group who REALLY follow the bible are jehova witness who translated the bible into MORE than 2800 languages!!!

This has to be a fucking troll.
>>
>>70411624
that's good to hear. truly inspiring.

now I want the fedoras ITT name one "atheist society" that does things like this with the same magnitude of benevolence.
>>
>>70411606
Actually I'm going to let you in on something than you can actually see for yourself.
"There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, Luke 21:25.
These signs are visible right now, look at the stars tonight, look carefully and you will see these signs, just concentrate on a few stars one at a time. You will see something unusual in some stars, it started with one, which I looked at for 6 months with awe, now I have mostly lost interest in it but it seems its not the only star anymore acting odd.
>>
>>70402442
As long as it isn't Islam, it's fine.
>>
>>70402442
i dunno i was contemplating going to confession to get this heavy shit off my back but the priest would prob call the cops 2bh
>>
>>70411708
>The burden of proof is on you.

as if...
go oppress and suffocate somebody else with your fedora collection.
>>
>>70411780
>now I want the fedoras ITT name one "atheist society" that does things like this

Care for the poor while bible thumping? There's plenty of secular humanist groups who do that in the US. They just don't ask for everyone to applaud them.

>>70411837
>"There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations
Like since the beginning of human civilization?
>These signs are visible right now, look at the stars tonight, look carefully and you will see these signs, just concentrate on a few stars one at a time. You will see something unusual in some stars, it started with one, which I looked at for 6 months with awe, now I have mostly lost interest in it but it seems its not the only star anymore acting odd.
What in the fuck? Do you know NOTHING about cosmology?
>>
>>70402442
post YFW you found out that Shane Harper turned down $500,000 to do the sequel of the movie "God's Not Dead"
Shane Harper was the lead actor in the first movie
He is a devout Christian IRL
>>
>>70411759
You are right I am sorry, I just checked and the bible was translated in its whole into more than 120 languages, and the magazines into more than 200 including sign language. Someone else told me this number but it is still my fault for not checking before I posted that.
>>
>>70411916
Very effective debating skills you got there. Praise Allah that anecdotes are not equal to evidence. Your claim stays baseless since you didn't provide any proof for it.
>>
>>70411981
Wow you completely misunderstood me, I am saying these stars are acting ODD, not that I discovered stars a year ago hahahahah
>>
>>70402442
>3) Jesus. He died for me and I turned my back on Him for a good portion of my life
who knows

even if he didnt it doesnt justify atheism.
>>
File: 1444881461346.jpg (399 KB, 1800x1065) Image search: [Google]
1444881461346.jpg
399 KB, 1800x1065
>>70411995
I saw a vid detailing the "arguments" in the movie and they're so badly presented. But I guess the christfags watching it are just looking to be pandered to rather than any critical thinking.

>>70412021
I meant about JWs.

>>70412074
>I am saying these stars are acting ODD

No they aren't. I've been into space stuff all my life.
>>
File: good propane.png (98 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
good propane.png
98 KB, 300x199
>your parents are atheist so you don't have all these weird hang-ups that everyone raised religious has about disappointing their parents and feeling guilty over every little thing and god always watching them and all this sad shit
>>
File: 1402074554907.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1402074554907.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>70412178
Same here.

>mfw raised non religious by atheist/agnostic parents and had the best/happiest childhood

And it wasn't that they pushed atheism or anything on me. It was just never brought up. I was allowed to make up my own mind.
>>
File: indianajones.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
indianajones.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>70412130
I saw a vid detailing the "arguments" in the movie and they're so badly presented. But I guess the christfags watching it are just looking to be pandered to rather than any critical thinking.

They really are.
This movie's production was B-rate at best.
They just got luck with a low budget film targeted at the bible belt.
Sad to say but a lot of modern "Christians" eat this gimmicky crap right up.
They indulge in it and if you try to critique any part of it you are dubbed as 'not-understanding' and 'you need to find god.'
Just like that other movie "Heaven is for Real"

I called that story out from the beginning questioning is legitimacy and said the story seemed far too fake and there was no way it was true.
My gf's christian family then debated and shit talked me and said I dont have any faith, i dont get it, etc. (im not a fedora tipping atheist BTW, i consider myself agnostic and like to question things )
then the truth comes out that heaven is for real is fake and the kid made the whole thing up and no one says anything to me when i say i told you so...

sorry this turned into a rant but the point is,
>Christians buy into all this BS and lap it up
>Skepticism or doubt labels you stupid, idiot, atheist, jerk
>they have very limited critical thinking skills and think they are right about everything.
>they refute or deny concrete evidence when presented
>>
>>70412821
>They just got luck with a low budget film targeted at the bible belt.

Wasn't the fuckin' guy from Duck Dynasty in it too?
>>
>>70412821
To say that New Age Protestantism represents Christianity as a whole is a wild exaggeration at best. The largest Christian denomination in the world (Catholicism) encourages reasoning and scientific advancements.
>>
>>70413062
>The largest Christian denomination in the world (Catholicism) encourages reasoning and scientific advancements.

While saying condoms are bad. Right.

Oh and covering up sex abuse cases. And kissing the feet of rapefugees.
>>
>>70406829

>Implying i would read
>>
>>70413250
>while saying condoms are bad
You have to think of it from a Catholic point of view. Catholics view premarital sex as bad in general. Condoms make premarital sex something even more frivolous, because now you don't have to entertain the fact that coitus is going to end up with the fertilisation of an egg. Ergo, Catholics think condoms are bad.

>covering up sex abuse cases
Irrelevant to the discussion. Although I do agree that denying clergymen the opportunity for marriage and children is assigning them a herculean task which many people don't realize until it is too late.

>kissing feet of rapefugees
I hope you see the fallacy in using the most visible and vocal authority figure of an organisation to represent the organisation as a whole.
>>
>>70413750
>You have to think of it from a Catholic point of view
No.
>Irrelevant to the discussion
Do not sweep it under the rug.
>I hope you see the fallacy in using the most visible and vocal authority figure of an organisation to represent the organisation as a whole.
The Pope literally represents Catholics and the Catholic Church/Vatican. That's his whole role.
>>
>>70413750
>Catholics view premarital sex as bad in general.
The fact is that they are not basing it on scientific rationalism. They do it because of muh jesus.
>>
File: Marcus Aurelius.jpg (69 KB, 550x416) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Aurelius.jpg
69 KB, 550x416
I'm with /pol/ on everything but this. I will never crawl back to the poison that is fundamentalist religion. It causes nothing but pain and suffering for everyone involved. I was a preacher for three years in a church full of elderly people desperate for something to live for. I gave them what they wanted, and they died with a smile on their face believing in a place with no suffering. I still have nightmares wondering if I was a monster for giving them what very well could be false hope. Even worse, what if that version of Christianity (or the religion as a whole) is wrong, and I lead these people to an eternal damnation as a result? Why must we live on faith alone? Why can't we have concrete answers? I've yet to meet a man who can give me an answer that isn't an appeal to the heart.
>>
>>70402442
Same story here, went full Fedora being 18 and felt empty inside. Now I turned back to God again and I feel like newborn. Read Saint Faustyna testimonies, that is awesome
>>
>>70414177
Liars on the internet, will go as low as to pretend to be a preacher to shake your faith.

DUES VULT lads. This man does not know God. The Lord is cruel, but fair.
>>
>>70414177
Good post.

>>70414234
So your whole reason for being religious again is muh feelings?

>but it makes me feel better

So does heroin.
>>
>>70414272
>This man does not know God

And neither do you, conman.
>>
File: 1389445583865.jpg (62 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
1389445583865.jpg
62 KB, 496x501
>>70414177
>>
>>70414272
I can't prove to you I was, and I still wonder to this day if have doubt in my heart meant I was never really a preacher to begin with. Perhaps you are right.
>>
>>70402442

I was raised outside of the church.

You people are fucking losers.

Also you probably had the tip of your dicks cut off.

I don't identify as an atheist.
>>
(you)
>>
>>70414177
1. that picture is not marcus aurelius
2. that quote is falsely attributed to marcus aurelius
please stop reposting that pic, you've obviously never read meditations
>>
>>70414177
>fundamentalist religion
A red herring. Do you think fundamental Jainism is causing pain and suffering?
>>
>>70414313
Feeling better is the effect not the reason.
You Just realise your life turns full of shit without God. I never knew that you can have so personal relation with Jesus Christ. He keeps appering around the world. Read about it.
>>
File: 1447073809514.jpg (73 KB, 636x524) Image search: [Google]
1447073809514.jpg
73 KB, 636x524
>mfw I just saw I have 50+ posts ITT
>>
>>70414630
Sadly you are following a regressive cult.
>>
>>70414630
>You Just realise your life turns full of shit without God

I've seen plenty of people who's lives are "full of shit" with God. They're the most miserable and unhappy people I've ever seen. Also the most entitled.

>He keeps appering around the world. Read about it.

Oh boy.
>>
>>70414582
Just looked it up and you are right. Thank you for telling me, I will keep that in mind from now on. I still like the message the misquote had, though.
>>
>>70414673
How did I not post in this thread?
>>
>>70413887
First of all, if you're incapable of standing in another person's shoes, then I don't see the point of continuing to debate with you on this level.

>Do not sweep it under the rug.
I'm not sweeping it under the rug. It is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Reasoning and scientific advancements have nothing to do with the Catholic church covering up sex scandals. You are spouting nonsequiturs and attempting to pass them off as arguments with a sleight of hand. It isn’t working.

>The Pope literally represents Catholics and the Catholic Church/Vatican. That's his whole role.
The Pope is a Catholic, but he is not all Catholics. Also, I dare you to find any source which paints the Pope as a representative of all Catholics, living or dead. The Pope's main role is to teach doctrines on faith and morals. He never explicitly told all 1.254 billion Catholics worldwide to drop everything and kiss the feet of Muslims. What's the problem here?
>>
>>70414846
>if you're incapable of standing in another person's shoes
I don't need or want to stand in an abhorrent and overtly wrong person's shoes.
>I'm not sweeping it under the rug. It is irrelevant to the topic at hand
That's sweeping it under the rug. Side issue or not.
>The Pope is a Catholic, but he is not all Catholics
He represents the Catholic faith. It is a massive organization. That's his entire job with his company.
>>
>>70409345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJgLBoB_Pw
> you send yourself to hell
>>
>>70415030
>atheists get their shitty arguments from youtube cartoons
kek

God would be more analogous to the judge and/or the author of the laws the man is in court for breaking rather than the mugger.
>>
>>70414969
>I don't need or want to stand in an abhorrent and overtly wrong person's shoes.
Then you've just proved my point. What's the purpose of coming onto an imageboard and having contrived "debates" with various trolls and half-interested religious people replete with condescension, appeals to in-group mentality, and browbeating in order to silence their arguments? You've done nothing but grandstand instead of legitimately address any of my arguments. You're like an incompetent politician who desperately tries to pull discussions back to his vital talking points, instead of actually contributing to the argument and the perception of the people surrounding you.

But you seem to have already convinced yourself that your research and meditations have led you to the truth, so I'm happy for you, bud. Good night.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.