[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Ultimate Redpill??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 15
/POL/ Have I found the ultimate Redpill For normal fags?

>Every 11 years the Sun's north and south poles alternate. They literally charge places.
>When the poles are at separate ends, there is little to no activity on the surface of the Sun.
>However, when the poles are crossing (flipping), the Sun produces giant sunspots, coronal holes, and filaments, which produce Solar Flares and Coronal Mass Ejections.

The increase in solar activity, which lasts 5-7 years, causes the magnetosphere around the Earth, to heat up.
>This causes changes in the Earth's temperature.

>On the Chart below...
You can see how the Earth's temperature actually follows the total number of Sun Spots.

What does /pol/ think about this here sheeeeiit?
>>
File: Sunspot Cycles.gif (41 KB, 974x580) Image search: [Google]
Sunspot Cycles.gif
41 KB, 974x580
>>
>>
File: Not a single fuck was given.jpg (146 KB, 640x515) Image search: [Google]
Not a single fuck was given.jpg
146 KB, 640x515
>Not even 1 person is interested.

Seriously...?
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 640x960
Bix nood too busy shitposting
>>
>>70400478
bump
>>
>>70401956
The rest of /pol/ is busy shitposting on how da jooz rule us but how they are also subhuman
>>
But you know what traps the heat?
Greenhouse gases
>>
>>70400478
Ya dun good op. Saved the world. Congrats
>>
>>70402507
When you look at the unmanipilated graphs it goes: temperatures go up, ocean releases co2, not the other way round
Xxxx
>>
>>70400478
>What does /pol/ think about this here sheeeeiit?
Fine, I'll bite.

What point are you trying to make? How do these plots support that point? What are the second and third plots actually showing? There are no labels and the third one doesn't even have a y-axis.
>>
>>70400478
>You can see how the Earth's temperature actually follows the total number of Sun Spots.
Except it doesn't go down to what it was before duing low activity times.

No one claimed co2 or methane heated up the earth. They prevent cooling after heating.
>>
>>70402617
Never said that isn't true
The problem is that is perpetual
>>
>>70400478
Good Job OP
>>
File: Crystal - Tourmaline.jpg (386 KB, 2093x1825) Image search: [Google]
Crystal - Tourmaline.jpg
386 KB, 2093x1825
>>70402631
I'll be honest this is a shiet-teir post of a great idea. It's hard as fuck finding the right pictures.

First picture is showing that solar activity in the form of sunspots actually changes the temperature of the earth.

Second picture shows that there is an overall-cycle of about 70-90 years of all there 11 year cycles.

Third picture shows that these 70-90 year cycles are actually just tiny waves on the overalll multi-century scale...

In the overall multicentury scale, you get things like the little ice age in europe, the medieval heating etc etc
>>
>>70403166
plural of cycles = cycla
>>
File: co2 agw.png (47 KB, 690x714) Image search: [Google]
co2 agw.png
47 KB, 690x714
>>70400478
This is actually a pretty quality post. Cheers OP.
>>
File: Moberg_Hockey_Stick.gif (13 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
Moberg_Hockey_Stick.gif
13 KB, 500x301
>>70401160

This is the correct temperature data from this source: https://www.skepticalscience.com/medieval-warm-period.htm

Quoting from there:
>a) Globally temperatures are warmer than they have been during the last 2,000 years, and

>b) the causes of Medieval warming are not the same as those causing late 20th century warming.
>>
>>70403166
>First picture is showing that solar activity in the form of sunspots actually changes the temperature of the earth
How does it show that? There's very little correlation.

>Second picture shows that there is an overall-cycle of about 70-90 years of all there 11 year cycles.
Cycle of what? It doesn't say what is being plotted.

>Third picture shows that these 70-90 year cycles are actually just tiny waves on the overalll multi-century scale...
Same as above. I'm assuming the last two plots show sunspot activity, but without showing temperature data over the same time how can you possibly infer any correlaition?
>>
>>70404191
I used to have those pictures. I couldn't find any of them google has been deleting them. IDK what I'm gonna do to find them again. Going back to college later this year I'll get some prof to help me with this - like i said its shittier and i know it
>>
>>70400478
Okay... but correlation =X=> causation.
>>
>>70400478
even if those effects are statistically significant they are less than one degree C on avg according to that chart
>>
>>70404863
/thread
op is a fag as usual.

email this shit to Alex Jones he'll blow the fuck out of it and somehow connect the NWO to it.

whatever the fuck that means
>>
File: TvsTSI.png (396 KB, 2889x2209) Image search: [Google]
TvsTSI.png
396 KB, 2889x2209
the general trend is up. cyclic activity is irrelevant.
>>
its has been known for a long time that earths climate is somewhat affected by the sunspot cycle
http://www-das.uwyo.edu/~geerts/cwx/notes/chap02/sunspots.html
or at least a correlation
>>
File: toronto.jpg (60 KB, 415x599) Image search: [Google]
toronto.jpg
60 KB, 415x599
>>70405565
>the Earth has only existed and supported life for 100 years: The Post

Go back to shitposting leaf. You're a retard.
>>
File: 1382076505190.jpg (11 KB, 258x314) Image search: [Google]
1382076505190.jpg
11 KB, 258x314
>>70405565
>100 years

>sun cycles
>there are 2 confirmed cycles
>11 years
>22 years
>there are a lot more hypothesized and with strong evidence
>55
>87
>210
>1470
>6000

yeah the 100 years graph will surly represent all of this
>>
>>70403801

>moberg

lol
>>
>/pol/ tries astronomy and geophysics

It's embarrassing
>>
>>70403704
>Huge spike in CO2 and the worst mass extinction in Earth's history occur at the same time.
Gee I wonder if there's some kind of correlation?
>>
File: green_deserts.jpg (73 KB, 648x348) Image search: [Google]
green_deserts.jpg
73 KB, 648x348
>>70403704
>>70400478
>>70400910
>>70401160

has anyone else just completely stopped caring muh liberal apocalypse warming

I'm an technical degree and ive really really looked into climate science and, as you would expect, like most other sciences the picture is blurry at best, and as time goes on we have more questions than answers

no one has any fucking idea whats going to happen, the physicists are right about CO2 but the IPCCs models looking at modeling the whole SYSTEM have literally been wrong (to the upside) for 30+ years and we just don't talk about it. I had a great physics prof cover the greenhouse effect then tell us we have no idea how to couple ocean-atmospheric dynamics and cloud formation, and desertification, and rainfall patterns changing with chaotic perturbations evolve over time

its all wild guessing and averaging

wasn't 350 ppm supposed to be the end of the world
>RUUNNAAAAWWWWWAAAY GREEENHOUSE EFFECT

Either we warm slightly and in 300 years the average temps slide up (which is a good thing for mid northern latitudes) and plants grow faster.. ohhh noooooooo. Europe and northern north america are going to be fine, minus a few coastal cities

its going to reduce equatorial nigger and poo in loo zones' carrying capacity and might actually help slow the growth of the third world hoards

Im really having trouble seeing any senario why we should be freaking out

>pic related, green and blue are areas seeing more net plant growth, red and yellow less
sorry what is the disaster again?
>>
File: cue.webm (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
cue.webm
1 MB, 480x270
>>70409663
I spent a semester with a billiards robot building up a huge sample of results to prove a point about how hard it is to model a cue ball rolling across a pool table with the same precision the IPCC models claim.

What I ended up with was a pool playing robot and a seeking a new supervisor for my dissertation. I was allowed to stay at the university so long as I don't publish results, and don't associate the university with the research in any way.
>>
>>70400478
i dont buy this global warming bullshit until some1 explains to me how it is different from a global warming around the IX century. I mean its obvious that we have warmer and colder periods. for example in the XVI century baltic was frozen solid every winter and so now we have a warmer period, perhaps slightly warmer than usual cuz of greenhouse gasses but still.
>>
>>70400478
>causes the magnetosphere around the Earth, to heat up.
How the fuck do you heat up a magnetic field? Oh, you mean the ions in the magnetosphere.
Wait. how the fuck does the temperature of the ions matter? They can't transfer energy to the surface of the earth.

>Earth's temperature actually follows the total number of Sun Spots
No shit. Take a look at the solar irradiance charts. They also line up with the sunspots. Know what that means?
It means the sun is pumping out more energy when there are more sunspots, which is heating the earth.

How the fuck is this a red pill. They teach this in Astro I.
>>
File: image_9.png (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image_9.png
1 MB, 800x600
>>70401666
>Vanilla Isis
>Iraq and roll
lost my shit
>>
>>70400478
That graph still shows a trend in warming.

The peaks and valleys in sunspot activity are regular. The peaks and valleys in temperature still show an upward trend.
>>
So what?

This isn't politics
>>
>>70409663
>>70410524
We should be going to global glaciation and entering another Ice Age. Global Warming is just putting it off slightly (decades +/- thousands of years).

It's fairly obvious pollution is building up in the environment, the soil, the food, the oceans, the air. It would make sense it's affecting the atmosphere too.

People that turn it into a massive political issue grind my gears, companies should be outed publicly based on how much they pollute and in a free market people would stop buying their products if they don't change their destructive manufacturing cycles.
>>
File: 201301-201312.png (170 KB, 825x427) Image search: [Google]
201301-201312.png
170 KB, 825x427
>>70400478

Sunspots are cyclic though no? While the temperature has been increasing pretty linear for the best part of the past 100 years.

> causes the magnetosphere around the Earth, to heat up.

Most of the heating is observed in the Troposphere, way closer to the earth than the magnetosphere.
>>
>>70409663
>I had a great physics prof cover the greenhouse effect then tell us we have no idea how to couple ocean-atmospheric dynamics and cloud formation, and desertification, and rainfall patterns changing with chaotic perturbations evolve over time

So it's a complicated topic with many variables. The one thing we do no for sure though is more GHG, more heat trapped.
>>
>>70411635
Because climate change is a natural occurrence
>>
>>70411905
So is dying. Does that mean all deaths are natural?
>>
>>70405565
>modelling complex systems with two points of data
Sure is retarded in here.
>>
>>70412011
epic
>>
>>70401517
Nigga I already know all this shit.

Most people can't be "red pilled" because if you can't explain it to them in 10 seconds they stop listening. And on top of that, you can't break trough years of hard indoctrination in a short casual conversation.
>>
>>70409663
>has anyone else just completely stopped caring muh liberal apocalypse warming

I started making the argument that we are geo-engineering the planet for our evolved state of being and they should not cling to their old ways and stop progress being made at every step.

Youre arguing with climate change idiots. Same people that believe taking in a billion muslims is a great idea, interacial breeding strengthen genetics, lmmfao, oh and my favorite one, paying an extra 18% tax for life is cheaper than paying $100-300 of your income a month for a few years on college loans.
>>
>>70402617

really? So how come co2 hasn't been over 400 for the past million years? Are we really that much hotter today than we have been at any point in the entirety of human history?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9bu6CP318
>>
ITT:
>still buying the coal jew's conspiracy theory
>>
>>70412426
good video, based poo in loo lecturer
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.