[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to learn a new language? Dont say move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: rosetta stone.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
rosetta stone.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
What's the best way to learn a new language?

Dont say move or take a class, neither are options right now

Anyway is pic related reliable or just a hollow meme answer?
>>
>>70399422
I can only speak for my own experiences, but I learned Arabic and Hebrew through rosetta stone. It obviously requires far more work than just "immersion" (you have to write down and practice the vocabulary that it teaches you) but nonetheless I am forced to admit I couldn't have done it without rosetta stone.
>>
>>70399422
I think its pretty solid OP. You can download plenty of trials to understand how it works.

>But you cant even talk to a real person you cant ever really learn your language

Wrong, theyve added a lot of new features, even including live webcam chats with instructors to speak to a live human.

Besides going to a country where the language is spoken, its the next best thing.
>>
>>70399422
Michel Thomas is good for syntax if you're learning french, italian, spanish, german.
>>
Duolingo is nice because its free. Its good for reading.
You'll have to apply yourself to speak and hear it well though. I'm 50% fluent after basically a year of doing it literally every day.
>>
>>70399422
>>70399598
Don't buy it, though. Torrent it. There's no possible justification for overpricing it to that extent.
>>
Look up "Tim Ferris Language Learning" on google.
>>
Rosetta stone is good. Just not for the price they want

I combine Rosetta with YouTube courses and duolingo. I have been learning French for over a year, but I'm still terrible
>>
OPEN UP YOUR HOME TO MUSLIM REFUGEES. YOU WILL LEARN ANOTHER LANGUAGE SUPER QUICKLY!

>inb4 FICKI FICKI
>>
Date someone who only speaks the language you want to learn
>>
>>70399422

NOOOOO. Stay away from this shit product. I won it for free in a contest.

Pros: It's simple & easy

Cons: Doesn't teach you the alphabet. Doesn't teach you grammar. Doesn't teach you what the fuck something means (it's simple in the first few lessons when it just shows a glass of water or a sandiwch, but later on it'll have a picture of multiple people doing something and you have no clue what it's trying to say). Also it's $200-600 depending on how many levels you get. You'll only ending up knowing random vocabulary and phrases after putting in 200 hours. It's also boring as shit.

Best programs are pimsleur which is a bit pricey, teach yourself, and assimil (french company and doesn't have every language for english speakers, but it does have a lot).

Duolingo is also pretty good for beginners and it's free.

Stay away from most of the shit you see at Barnes n noble, it all sucks.
>>
>>70399620
>>70399620

Michel Thomas is great for learning languages, only downside is his accent in nearly every single language is absolute shit. So if you only rely on him, you'll come out of the program with a shit accent.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x471
Best way to learn a language? Need to learn it.

>be me
>phonesales fag
>work on white side of town
>shit was cash, made hella money because customers had money to buy hella shit
>get transferred to mall downtown
>90% of customers beaners
>couldn't sell shit.
>made hella less money
>learned Spanish.
>closing hellof sales now
>ask for raise now that I'm Spanish speaker
>got a raise.
>feels good man

The point is, if you need to learn a fucking language, you'll do what you need to to learn it.

Fucking listen to the language and you'll gradually learn more and more words the more you practice.
>>
You already know the only language that matters: English.

Many other countries flat-out require students to take English classes, while in America, at least with my high school all those years ago, a foreign language was completely optional for graduation.
>>
>>70399677
>advocating stealing
>>
>>70401282
>the only language that matters
what about Hebrew? Members of the Central Bank learn it. Top Jewish business people speak it to each other. I believe it is the new language of the elite.

What does /pol/ think of learning Hebrew?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.