[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Ryan/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Paul_Ryan--113th_Congress--.png (2 MB, 1112x1341) Image search: [Google]
Paul_Ryan--113th_Congress--.png
2 MB, 1112x1341
Who here dyin' for RYAN?
>>
>>70394187
No one, commit suicide faggot.
>>
>>70394187
What the actual fuck is going on with the possible convention thing? Are the Republicans making shit up as they go along or was this always part of the rules?
>>
File: jeb-bush-01-800.jpg (87 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
jeb-bush-01-800.jpg
87 KB, 800x600
>>70394421
>>
i used to be a trump trader
but now i'm buyin' ryan!
>>
>>70394548
not an answer
>>
>>70394187
Having a #Ryangasm as we speak. Also I hope Ryan chooses kasich for his running mate kuz I'm #Kumming4Kasich
>>
>>70394421
No, this kind of thing has always been part of the rules. Same thing in the federal government, too--for instance, the Speaker of the House doesn't have to be a member of Congress. They could elect YOU the Speaker if they wanted to.

The only reason it's relevant is because it's relevant. Normally, there isn't an issue with any candidate not getting a majority of delegates. This cycle, it looks like nobody will get it. Last time this happened was '76, with a Reagan/Ford contested convention. The rules for that one were essentially the same as they are right now, except for the required number of states for eligibility on the first ballot being eight.

The fact is that these are the rules. Trump needs to get off his ass and do something about it if he wants to win. He can't meme himself into the nomination; force of personality can only get you so far. You need real organization; that's why pundits talk about it constantly.
>>
>>70396446
Thank you.
>>
>>70394421

It's pretty damn simple, really. The Republican nomination is not a majority rule process. If one of the individuals seeking the nomination can win 1237 delegates in the initial primary process, they basically get the nomination outright. If they fail to meet that number, a second vote is taken.

Ultimately the party delegates decide who the nominee will be. In the initial vote, the delegates are bound to vote for specific candidates based on the results of their state's primary. However, if the initial ballot does not produce a nominee with the required 1237 delegate votes, a second vote is taken. However, this time the delegates are no longer obligated to vote for any specific candidate and can vote for whoever they want. The person they vote for does not necessarily have to be one of the candidates who was in the initial running. So yes, Paul Ryan could theoretically get the nomination; although I kind of doubt this is going to happen, since not even Paul Ryan wants Paul Ryan to get the nomination.

The party is not doing anything shady or underhanded to Trump. Basically, all they are doing is holding him to the party rules, which were in place before he started running. If he arrives at the convention with 1237 votes, he gets the nomination. If he falls short, it goes to a second vote. In most previous elections they probably wouldn't split hairs; if someone came in with say 1220 or 1210 votes they would likely still be the nominee. However Trump is considered to be such a divisive outsider candidate that it's pretty much 1237 or nothing; 1236 won't be enough.

It's the party's nomination process, the party sets the rules, the party ultimately makes the decision. By running as a Republican, Trump accepted those rules. If he didn't want to play by them, he should have run as an independent to begin with.
>>
>>70394187
If Paul Ryan had started running for president months ago, and not been this potential Trump fuck over, he probably would've not only won the nomination but the general election.
>>
>>70396073

Holy fuck these need to become actual hashtags. Does anyone on this board use Jewbook enough to know how to create a hashtag and get it trending?
>>
>>70397439
Nah, he's waiting for 2020 or 2024. He's pretty young, and after four to eight years as Speaker, he'd have a good resume--though James Polk was the last Speaker who won the Presidency.
>>
>>70397098
>In most previous elections they probably wouldn't split hairs; if someone came in with say 1220 or 1210 votes they would likely still be the nominee. However Trump is considered to be such a divisive outsider candidate that it's pretty much 1237 or nothing; 1236 won't be enough.
That's the part I don't like. It's either a rule and we play by the rules or it's just whatever the party leaders want. lol Or am I being autistic?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 366x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 366x559
Nobody. Fuck him.

Can somebody put a MAGA hat on him?
>>
>>70397629
That IS playing by the rules. It's not some guy saying "Eh, close enough." It's delegates on the second ballot coming together and agreeing.

The problem is that Trump has alienated a LOT of Republicans, and the people who get to become delegates are the ones who have been "good soldiers" for the party.
>>
>>70394187
WHO LOSES A DEBATE TO JOE BIDEN!?!?!
>>
File: 0EbZIfC.jpg (194 KB, 1102x2118) Image search: [Google]
0EbZIfC.jpg
194 KB, 1102x2118
>>70394187
If Trump is robbed of the nomination because a bunch of literal whos remained in the race for so long and leeched delegates away from him there is going to be a literal civil war. The political system will be proven as objectively rigged and our democratic republic will be dead.

Tens of millions of people are casting ballots for Trump, including the vast majority of the military, law enforcement, veterans, and gun owners. A group of shadowy reptilians denying him the nomination is not going to happen without a fight from Trump and his supporters. It will be the last stand of working class whites against the globalist agenda.
>>
>>70397798
>and the people who get to become delegates are the ones who have been "good soldiers" for the party.
Food for thought. Thank you.
>>
>>70394187
I'm cryin' cause I don't want Ryan.
>>
File: gary-oldman-fifth-element.png (1 MB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
gary-oldman-fifth-element.png
1 MB, 1200x600
Cruz has been grooming, mentoring and courting delegates for years now.
>>
Yfw he endorses trump
>>
>>70397693
HOL UP
>>
His face is like "My life is fucked terrible but I'm gonna make the most of it"
>>
>>70397629

You're not necessarily being autistic; the nomination process is complicated and I didn't really understand it until I started following the election this year. But the thing to take home is that it's ultimately the Party's decision who they put up as their candidate. Any political party is free to organize itself however it wants to and nominate candidates based on any criteria. They can change their own rules midstream if they want, and they do it all the time. It's not like the general election process which is governed by United States Law; parties can select anyone they want as their nominee and the nomination process can work however the party wants it to.

The 1237 vote ultimatum matters more in this election than in previous elections because the party wants to make sure they select a person who they believe represents the party's platform and can also win. Usually, having a majority of party voters on your side is a good indicator of this, and the guy who comes into the convention with a majority of delegates is usually the guy they end up nominating. Trump, despite winning a lot of primaries, has never won more than 50% of the vote in any state, polls poorly against Hillary Clinton, and tends to be seen as a divisive outsider who many believe will cost the Republican party the election, so they are holding him to the 1237 vote rule.

It is a little bit of a nonsensical process, but it's how things are done. Like I said, Trump basically agreed to this when he decided to run as a Republican. It's ultimately the party's decision who gets the nomination.
>>
>>70398399
He should have done it March 16.
>>
>>70398555
Checked
>>
>>70398568
>>70398568
>has never won more than 50% of the vote in any state

Because running against a bunch of shitty vote splitters like Kasich makes it easy to do that amirite?

He almost won 50% in Massachusetts.

Honestly though I really don't like it when I see people on here try to say that what's happening is some kind of underhanded move to deny him the nomination. Obviously if they do some bullshit like unbounding all delegates on the first ballot that would be underhanded but right now it is really just a simple case of the rules fucking Trump in the ass, and Trump also not knowing the rules well enough himself and him being such a cheapass to not build any organization in states to hold onto delegates like the case of Louisiana.

Honestly I really like Trump and want him to get the nomination but if he doesn't get the nomination in a contested convention it wouldn't have been "stolen" from him because it would have just been all according to the rules. But you can't deny they really don't want to give him the nomination, and you can see this in the fact that candidates like Rubio try to hold onto their delegates or someone like John Kasich stays in the race for the sole reason of sucking up votes and delegates and the same case with Cruz.

In any other primary, this shit would have been over after March 15, hell even arguably after Super Tuesday. This time it's just Trump is seen as such a polarizing figure that they want to fight him to the bitter end.
>>
Is there any serious prospect that someone who isn't Trump ir Cruz gets the nomination? I understand that technically Ryan could win but if that's the case what the fuck was the ENTIRE primary process for? Seems pretty fucking retarded to me.
>>
>>70399266
>Because running against a bunch of shitty vote splitters like Kasich makes it easy to do that amirite?

If the people all unanimously wanted Trump, they'd all vote for Trump; guys like Kasich and Rubio and Cruz would be pulling in at 5-10% and Trump would have been winning states with a 50-55% margin. The main reason this race has dragged on for so long is because it was basically Trump against six other guys plus a bunch of undercard candidates like Fiorina and whoever the fuck else, so you've got Trump pulling in support at about 35% on average, with the remaining majority of voters divided between a bunch of other assholes who can't stop bickering with each other. If the party had just settled on Rubio or Cruz or somebody back in November or so, and pushed everyone else to drop out, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation; Trump would most likely end up being the Republican Bernie Sanders like everyone thought he would be initially, and Cruz or Rubio would be the presumptive nominee.

Fundamentally, the election process is not about "The People" vs. "The Establishment" or George Soros or the Jews or whatever other retarded conspiracy theorist bullshit this board comes up with. Trump represents a faction of voters, in the same way that Kasich and Rubio and Cruz and for that matter Sanders and Clinton and Martin O'Malley and whoever the fuck else represent factions of voters. Ultimately, each party is going to have to put up one candidate for President, and the country is going to have to pick one of them, which means one faction's guy is going to get the office and the remaining factions are just going to have to suck it up and deal with it. That's how representative governments work.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.