[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contested Convention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: donald-trump-dejected.jpg (67 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-dejected.jpg
67 KB, 650x430
What will happen if Trump doesn't reach 1,237 delegates by July? Will the contested convention end the meme train?
>>
>>70391518
No majority, no nomination. Simple as that. Hopefully they'll still deny Drumpf the nomination even if he somehow gets a majority.
>>
>>70391518

If he gets within 10% of the goal, they'll probably just give it to him.

Otherwise they'll destroy the party.

I think even the most established of the establishment would rather suffer a Trump presidency than lose their money train.
>>
File: 1449040633629.png (58 KB, 393x255) Image search: [Google]
1449040633629.png
58 KB, 393x255
>>70391756
>>
He will lose, it's all according to plan
>>
Why is Drumpf so scared of a contested convention, anyway? Contested conventions are all about making deals, so if Drumpf is such a good dealmaker, then he should have no problem, right?
>>
>>70391812
>I have no facts so I'll resort to insults

Typical. Your meme leader loves the poorly educated, so it's not surprising though.
>>
Two scenarios

>They give it to him anyway
Most people are happy, Cruz people are devastated and pray to their mega churches that Donald Trump dies or something but nothing besides that will come up

> They don't
People are going to go ape shit. A lot of trump supporters are definitely going to start a couple of riots and some definite heat against the GOP. Republican party is ruined for an entire generation of people, death of the republican party.

Its best for them to just go with it instead of destroying their party.
>>
File: a.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>70391935
here is your reply australia
>>
>>70392279
The GOP will still be destroyed if Trump gets the nomination. He has no hope of beating Hillary and he will screw over good Republican candidates down ticket, possibly handing over control of Congress to the Dems. Is that what you want?
>>
>>70392419
After this post, I am now a #CruzMissile
>>
>>70392547
>Not being a #CruzMissile from the beginning

Cuck.
>>
File: Trump Vs Mexico.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Trump Vs Mexico.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
http://conservativetribune.com/trump-new-hire-prepping-for-war/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=RightWingNews&utm_content=2016-04-08&utm_campaign=manualpost

Trumps getting ready for a brawl.
>>
>>70392702
After this post, I am now a #CuckforKasich
>>
>>70391855
>Making deals with the establishment

Are you pro-elites?
>>
>>70392419
Hey man, Trump or burn everything down. I want the GOP to be destroyed. We've created a shitty system so I wouldn't mind if it all came crashing down so we can rebuild it better.
>>
File: Donald.png (51 KB, 662x629) Image search: [Google]
Donald.png
51 KB, 662x629
>>70391518
This.
>>
>>70391785
The establishment seems to think the problem will go away if Trump doesn't win the nomination. They have no problem with a Hillary presidency, because its only about getting reelected.
>>
>>70392405
Nice
>>
>>70392405
>only one year warranty for a $5k watch
>>
Dead cops 4 Trump
>>
>>70393501
Its insurance you want, not an extended warranty
>>
File: LibtardZombieHordeZRFZZZZ.jpg (401 KB, 1140x600) Image search: [Google]
LibtardZombieHordeZRFZZZZ.jpg
401 KB, 1140x600
>>
>>70393554
why insurance and not a warranty
>>
>>70392419
>He has no hope of beating Hillary
that's utter bullshit, yo
>>
>>70392419

this post desu senpai

Trumpcucks seem to think he will win, yet every national poll has him at 70% unfavorable in a general.

Trumpcucks also forget to mention he only has recieved around 30% of the votes in the primary. Either way number of votes do not matter especially when there are states with unbound delegates. This has always been the case and nobody is stealing shit from them.

Trumpers are lunatic fringe rednecks and /pol/ virgins.

Cruz will be the canditate at the convention.
>>
File: 14674486389.jpg (185 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
14674486389.jpg
185 KB, 1024x819
>>70391756

Which one's you, faggot?
>>
>>70391785

Nobody just gives it, the delegates vote, it's not up to the party leaders.
>>
>>70393105
Bot wins...
>>
You think the "movement" ends if he is snubbed the nomination? It would catalyze something probably much bigger.
>>
>>70394339
>"Either way number of votes do not matter"
>"Trumpers are lunatic fringe rednecks and /pol/ virgins. "

here is your requested (You)
>>
I'm new to politics, please bear with me.

When a contested convention happens, does that mean that the delegates are now free to choose who they please?

Also, on that note, is a delegate required to vote for their state's preferred candidate? Are they bound by some sort of legal agreement?
>>
>>70391518
I'm hoping some crazy shit goes down and it sparks a HAPPENING for Whites all around the West.

A boy can dream...
>>
>>70391518
the great happening will begin
>>
>>70394339
Every national poll is conducted by the MSM which have shown a clear and consistent bias against him. Show me one from folks like RT and I might believe it.

He wouldn't currently be in the lead if no one wanted him. And I think it says a shitload about Cruz's campaign when his main competition is an antiestablishment nationalist constantly accused of being a racist who has spent very little on his campaign and Cruz is still trailing behind.
>>
>>70394663
Bud, the delegates ARE the party leaders.
>>
>>70395050
GOOGLE
O
O
G
L
E
>>
>>70394534
it's like a tramp stamp for people who can't handle the truth
>>
>>70392419
I know some people who voted for Bernie, and they have told me that if it comes down to Trump vs. Hilary, they will vote Trump.

Basically, everybody in Utah hates Trump, but they hate Hilary even more.
>>
>>70395204
It's confusing anon. Spoon feed me.
>>
>>70395050
When the first vote is cast by the delegates, everyone is bound to vote for who their state voted for.

If no one gets 1237 delegates, then no one wins and it goes into a contested convention. That means no delegate is bound to vote for anyone, and they can vote for whoever they want.

There are some rules (for example, in order to be eligible for the GOP nomination, you need to win the majority vote in at least 8 states or territories). However, since the party makes the rules, they can change them whenever they want. If they wanted, they could change that rule and hand the nomination to Kasich. Probably won't happen though.

But if a contested convention does happen, it's almost certain Trump won't get the nomination.

>but that will destroy the party lol!
The party is already destroyed.
>>
File: shit-poster-324x160.png (24 KB, 324x160) Image search: [Google]
shit-poster-324x160.png
24 KB, 324x160
>>70391756
>every fucking time
>>
>>70395487
Thanks man, now I know.
>>
>>70391518
The party will capitulate, but they want to run him into the ground as much as possible before hand
>>
The same thing they did to Ron Paul

i don't know how you can watch this without being infuriated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjczLKM4JY
>>
>>70395880
You realize that once the delegate threshhold is met, all the shit at the convention is just a formality, right? That includes the "ayes" and "nays". They had already counted the votes. Ron Paul had 177 delegates. Romney had over 1500. It wasn't a conspiracy. Romney had about six times as many delegates as the next closest competitor (Santorum) and almost ten times that of Paul.

The Paul delegates wanted to force a contested convention, but they couldn't get enough support.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.