[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The biggest redpill in politics is atheism.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: God Taxes.jpg (114 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
God Taxes.jpg
114 KB, 720x576
If you still believe in God, you shouldn't have the vote because that means that you are willing to base your entire life on something with absolutely no evidence. Not only is there no evidence in favour, but there is ample evidence that God is just a made up fairy tale from the bronze age called Yahweh. Ever heard of the Canaanites? When did their "false" polytheistic god Yahweh become the "true" monotheistic god of the Bible? They have the same historical origin.

Every election cycle, no matter which democracy you live in, each party puts out ads and arguments to try to persuade you that they will do the best job at governing. Religious adults base their entire lives on ignoring evidence, yet they are expected to make rational choices when entering the voting booth.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-28537149

Politics was absolute hell before the separation of church and state. Kings ruled by divine right and could do anything they wanted. It was absolute tyranny, and there was no progress. It wasn't until religion was completely removed from government that the space age began, and that is not a coincidence.
>>
>>70391175
Someone never read the constitution.
>>
>>70391272
Look at his flag. Look at it and laugh
>>
Just accept that there are stupid people who refuse information that contradict their beliefs. They dont even read their holy book enough to see the glaring contradictions (eg the story of Jesus' nativity and Jesus' crucifiction). Accepting imperfections and not expecting idealism is a part of growing up.
>>
>>70391272
The US has one of the most secular, pro-atheism constitutions on Earth.
>>
>>70391175
LEAF
E
A
F
>>
File: consider.png (691 KB, 669x701) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
691 KB, 669x701
Most churchs get money from tithe that people give based on their already taxed income. Its already been taxed
>>
Now that's a retarded picture. If not paying taxes meant you don't have a say in government then most minorities wouldn't be able to vote.
>>
>>70392144
By that logic your gas station also pays taxes that way because everyone who buys gas there has already been taxed.

You are an idiot.

>>70392204

What about sales tax?
>>
Your big bang theory and primordial soup is just as believable as my god creating earth. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>70392204
Exactly.
>>
>>70391175
It's all true, but, the fucking demos in democracy, the taxpayers, unironically believe in god, so it still affects politics indirectly.
To make things smoother, only religions with a lot of people under them are taken seriously, and only those that have real agendas. Buddhism, for example, doesn't give a fuck, so we have no laws pushed because of it. Christianity is very stuck up against various degenerates, gay marriage and abortions, heck they would ban divorce if they could, and they push their agenda through people electing correct politicians that align with them but use different grounds to defend same goals. We don't have polygamy and we have horse meat production banned in USA solely because of christians, nothing else.

Everything is cute, except if some religion were to push abolishment of all other religions, which would make things difficult, no, impossible to resolve in liberal setting. And that somehow never happened.

Until now.
>>
Would a good definition of a redpill be something that when you take it, you don't go back?

Or is that just evidence of a convincing brainwashing operation and nobody ever really progresses?

My progress of religion has been:
- naive theist
- edgy atheist
- recognizing value of religion in ordering society and promoting moral behavior but still unable to believe in it in the same naive way as I used to
- started to have a concept of "faith" as a type of knowledge that is completely apart from scientific knowledge. maybe it is more radical to say that instead of faith being "something you believe without knowing if it's true" since that just seems dumb, it should be "something you believe in while knowing absolutely that it's false" and I can still think of defending it in those terms.
>>
>>70391175
Great, then climate change believers have no business voting on that very issue. Worldwide politicians are not to make climate laws when the issue is not proven conclusively.

Don't be a hypocrite.
>>
>>70392297
Key word is "buying" not giving.
>>
>>70392204
I've suddenly become an atheist
>>
>>70392407
Are you retarded? Atheists are the most moral demographic. We are the most underrepresented in prison, commit the fewest crimes, have the lowest divorce rate etc. Where the hell do you get the idea that Christfaggotry is needed for people to be moral?

>>70392582

Tithing isn't a gift, retard, it's a mandatory payment that is a requirement of your church membership. You're buying your membership. Some gas stations have membership plans too.
>>
>implying there aren't plenty of otherwise well adjusted adults who can be rational in every other respect and just carve out an a small gray area for Christianity, that in this day and age, only ends up getting factored into select, harmless contexts of everyday life

I mean I know there are some ultra-religious people out there, but as an atheist I will say most Christians I know have no interest in involving religion with politics, and the people you are describing are the minority (in America)
>>
>>70392854
> Most moral demographic
> Atheist

Ahahahahaha. Surly you jest.
>>
>>70393091
They're not the minority though. A majority of Christfag Americans would not vote for an atheist President.
>>
>>70393169
Go ahead and Google it you faggot.
>>
>>70392854
Any church that makes it mandatory to give %10 of your wages to be a member would see a huge decline in attendance. Thats why most don't make it mandatory.
>>
>>70392404
>polygamy
>because of Christians
I mean maybe that's how it started out, but landwhale feminists aren't generally Christian fammy-wammy
>>
>>70392407
>promoting moral behavior
Are you saying you would be a degenerate shithead if you weren't afraid of going to Hell?
>>
>>70393279
Mormonism is huge, and their Church mandates tithing. If you don't pay, they won't even let you in their buildings.
>>
>>70393196
So people like to say, but there are a lot of Christian Trumpers, and if Trump announced tomorrow that he didn't believe in a higher omnipotent power, most of these people would still vote for him.

No president has tried because they're still clinging to the old model that Americans won't vote in a non-christian. but i really think we would.
>>
>>70392854
>Atheists are the most moral demographic.
either troll or very very stupid.
>>
>>70393450
This isn't true.

t. dated a mormon qt3.14 for 5 months (broke up when I realized she meant it when she said would never fuck me without marrying and maybe even converting)
>>
>>70393529
>if Trump announced tomorrow that he didn't believe in a higher omnipotent power, most of these people would still vote for him.

Totally wrong. They would drop him like a hot potato. He has already had to Christfag it up for the primaries.

>but i really think we would.

No you wouldn't.

actual research > your personal opinions
>>
>>70393450
Bullshit. I've been in Mormon churches before, and I've never given the LDS a cent.
>>
>>70393654
>for the primaries
because people told him he had to, but that's because they are still foolishly clinging to the old model. I mean it's probably not gonna lose him any votes so why not but it doesn't mean it really made a difference, especially since the religious voters would never vote for trump over cruz or rubio

>actual research

show me yours fampai
>>
>>70393450
You only can't go in the temples if youre not mormon. But the regular churches you can. I used to go to the church and play basketball or go to dances and shit they had there during high school with my Mormon friends.

Atheist are about a billion times more annoying and cancerous than Mormons btw
>>
>>70392297
While sales tax is a thing, welfare leeches have a net gain when considering what they pay into and get from the government.
>>
>>70391175
By that reason, only the employed should be able to vote. The south used to have a policy like that, if im not mistaken.
This also means that the president shouldnt have a say in government, either.
>>
>>70391847
secular != atheism
>>
>>70393605
How is it not true? Atheists are less than 1% of the prison population.

>>70393641
It is true.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_happens_if_mormons_dont_pay_tithe

>>70393677

That's because you're not a member.

>>70393842
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/06/21/atheists-are-still-the-most-unelectable-minority-group-in-america/

Gallup puts it at 54% for all Americans, so if you singled out Christians only there is no way it would be over 50% for Christians. It's 70% for Millennials, but they also have the lowest rates of Church membership.
>>
A lot of atheists adhere to the blank state hypothesis, support feminism and open borders, and other objectively wrong position ( assuming you value positively the continued existence of your people ).

Any atheist that do not support the genocide of subhumans, women, religious and others types of inferior parasites do not place any value in the future of Humanity and is no friend of mine.
>>
>>70392299
no it isnt, theres evidence of the universe expanding, theres none of a god.
>>
>>70394903
Yeah, but atheism has no moral content, so it's possible for an atheist to be redpilled.

Christianity is the great-grandfather of SJW and Marxism. It is the source of universalism, turning the other cheek, and other forms of cuckery.
>>
>>70392299
Evidence of the Big Bang is still observable today and primordial soup can be made in a lab.

How do we observe your Magic Sky Fairy?
>>
File: 1437488369841.jpg (488 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437488369841.jpg
488 KB, 1280x720
>>70391175
religion is meant to suppress wild human nature, religion brought laws and order, religion also brought social borders
>>
>>70395528
So why are atheists the least criminal, least violent, least rapey etc.?
>>
>>70395741
no idea what point are you trying to make, but I think atheism is mostly internet originated thing
I don't remember atheism being so popular before internet went mainstream
>>
>>70396007
My point is that religion doesn't bring law and order.
>>
>>70395080
You should look into quantum physics.
There are more than few physicists who would disagree.
>>
>>70396161
most of the laws in western civilizations are based on the bible
>>
>>70396361
Totally wrong. We are not Muslims with Sharia.

Most of our laws come either from Common Law or the Roman Civil Code.

Christianity doesn't mandate the integration of Church and state, unlike Islam.
>>
File: 1457291169666.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1457291169666.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>70396469
literally both rooted from religion
are you trying to ruse me?
>>
>>70396469
>integration of Church and state, unlike Islam.

Where did you hear this? Fiqh and Sharia are two different things? Both are administered in part by religious authority but both the state and church have power in traditional islamic societies.....

But, then again, you're A FUCKING LEAF and like all nu-atheists have shown yourself to be wholly ignorant of many of the religious topics you speak on in the first place.
>>
>>70391553
fucking this
/thread
>>
>>70391175
> muh taxes
Kill yourself, commie.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.