[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Election Lottery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: hot-lotto-lottery-cheat-hacker.jpg (524 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hot-lotto-lottery-cheat-hacker.jpg
524 KB, 1024x768
Several politicians in S. Korea has proposed election lottery to increase voter turnout.

The idea is that instead of fining non-voters through compulsory voting laws, a lottery ticket would be given out to those who vote, and a winner would be given a cash prize.

It could potentially increase voter turnout significantly with only a relatively small amount of cash ($5~50M) prize given out whereas public ad campaign to promote voting would cost $200M+ to increase turnout by a meaningful margin.

How do you feel about this?
>>
>>70391074
I think people who can't be assed to vate are people who shouldn't be voting and shouldn't be encouraged to vote.
I think only educated people who own property should be allowed to vote. I don't want losers like me voting.
>>
>>70391074
it encourages poor people who don't understand statistics or the time-value of money to vote
>>
>>70391592

I agree with this faggot
>>
Hasn't Korea been having a fat riot once a year since 2008 that no one ever cares about?

Is it occupy tier? Is it Poland tier? Gooks check in.
>>
>>70391764

I'll add to this: if they wanted to do it right then

1. Take a simple test to vote
2. If pass your vote counts
3. You could win the lottery!
>>
>>70391931
>Hasn't Korea been having a fat riot once a year since 2008 that no one ever cares about?

Every couple years.

It's been like that forever, the riots only calmed down during 1995~2005 period.

The recent mass demonstrations been caused largely by young people angry at old, borderline-illiterate voters who keep voting for the ultra-conservatives who insist on cutting education budgets to give Samsung yet another tax cut.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-08-21-47-19.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-08-21-47-19.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>70393293
Dont forget the sick people and hospital workers protesting wage cuts and reduction in universal health care coverage.
>>
>>70393293
So they are occupy tier
>>
File: President_Profile_Picture (1).jpg (15 KB, 230x329) Image search: [Google]
President_Profile_Picture (1).jpg
15 KB, 230x329
>>70393709
yet 80+% approval rating among those older than 60
>>
>>70393760
No, the youth unemployment rate in S. Korea is at least twice that of the U.S.

Jobs are not being created because of retarded economic policies that hamper domestic consumption.

They're right to be butt-ravaged.
>>
>>70393981
what kind of policies?
>>
>>70394111
Basically, investment income is being taxed too low and income from labour is taxed too high.

Other developed countries have this problem too, but it's not as extreme as in S. Korea.

Another problem is that this government is actively killing startups that dare to compete with chabols citing regulations and consumer safety.

The only quick delivery startup that hasn't been killed by regulators is Coupang, which is backed by a massive Japanese venture capital that would probably launch a very expensive lawsuit if the government intervened.

Because the environment is so hostile to new businesses, new jobs are not being created.
>>
>>70395085
Got it, thanks man.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.