[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Went to opening night of propaganda exhibit in Brooklyn Museum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: propaganda.jpg (149 KB, 736x1057) Image search: [Google]
propaganda.jpg
149 KB, 736x1057
>Went to opening night of propaganda exhibit in Brooklyn Museum
>sick statue of snowden that was put in park was there
>But there was one exhibit
>Looks like a bunch of newspapers just pinned up on wall
>But if you read them the headlines and the story they are slightly changed from reality
>"Bush Under Hot Water After 9/11 Security Slips"
>"Obama Loses Clout for Additional Military Funding After Supreme Court Rules Drone Strikes Were Not Authorized By Congress"
>"Saddam Is Forced To Use Unconventional Weapons Against Radical Extremists"
>The articles have like a retelling of events that is similar to real life but slightly fake
>I think "wow this is pretty creepy how similar this is but not exact"
>then other people started coming in
>looking at the newspapers

>"I can't believe we all voted for Obama and he still did that, oh well at least he did mostly good"
>"We were so quick to dislike Saddam, our police use gas all the time on BLM protesters"
>etc

They thought they were real news papers!
They believed it or had their past changed by propaganda!

What the fuck is going on, what is even real and fake, if these people were tricked so easily what are the worldwide implications?
>>
>>70384062
Reminder that every single one of those people use facebook
>>
>>70384062
You were just surrounded by retarded normies.

You think they consider anything outside of their immediate view?

They likely had their smartphones out at the time too.
>>
Was it Eurasia or Eastasia?

Oh well, back to Facebook.
>>
>>70384510
If the world is made up of mostly normies then everyone is under the control of the media way more than I thought. The artist literally made people in effect "Saddam gassing people was fine".
>>
>>70384062
To be fair
Amaricans are not the smartest if it comes to happenings around the world or in theire own front yard for that matter

No hard feelings tho
>>
>>70385282
One of the other exhibits focused solely on German propaganda throughout history and how the people were manipulated, so I wouldn't be so quick to assume it was only Americans.
>>
>>70385530
I didn't say that but fact is that a majority of your college students are unable to explain the history of theire verry own country

You find idiots everywhere and i met a fair share of moulthbreathing inbreeds
But how i see things your colleges make people actualy retarded
>>
>>70386029
Perhaps that may be true, at my school (engineering) most people don't listen to news but they have good knowledge of history and big events. These people seemed to be very hip and well informed, as another poster suggested they were using their phones while at the museum. With that technology we should all really be constantly informed with the truth, but that isn't the case.
>>
>>70386458
That would imply that you would actualy give a fuck about what happens in the world
And not just soaking every shit up buzzfeed is presenting as truth/fact without checking the source if they give you one in the first place

Anyhow didn't mean to bash on your society ain't better here, you can watch germans turn into shitskins, it's just ridicules
>>
>>70387499
I wasn't offended I just wanted to point out that you might not have realized how brainwashed everyone is. Depending on who you spend time with you might just be in a group of smart Germans, so you wouldn't see the true propaganda problems.
>>
>>70384062
99% of all people are mentally retarded
>>
>>70386458
>With that technology we should all really be constantly informed with the truth
Truth is subjective. You're going to hear what's happening in the world from the loudest (most funded) voices.
The truth is rarely in their interest.

As for self informing, most take what they hear as being subjective. And even if they want another source, where are they to look if they're not prepared to see how deep it goes?
>>
>>70384062
>What the fuck is going on, what is even real and fake, if these people were tricked so easily what are the worldwide implications?

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE MEDIA IS EVEN A THING? THE IMPLICATION IS PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID AND WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU TELL THEM IF YOU PRESENT IT FROM AN AUTHORITATIVE STANCE. YOU BELIEVE ME BECAUSE IM TYPING IN CAPS AND THAT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE IM YELLING. BUT IM NOT. I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM.
>>
>>70390090
Also, more tech = more insulation from other people and the real world.

Thus you get already gullible people in places like Tumblr believing any old story.
They'd be the ones 30 years ago that would believe you if you said "There's a misprint in the dictionary, 'gullible' isn't there".

Except now they have a platform to boost each other's nonsense and create an even larger fantasy as they go.
>>
>>70388500

actually, it's closer to about 30%. placebo studies have indicated that about 30% of the population will physically start feeling better when taking a completely fake medicine if they are told it is real. They are so trusting that they can trick their own biology into temporarily acting in the way that they are told to act. This is the same group of people who are susceptible to things like hypnosis.

The implication being that a demagogue, or in this case propaganda, can be used to directly manipulate a sizable chunk of the population. The remaining 70% of the population can be broken down into a majority of people who will simply go with what they -think- is the majority opinion to not rock the boat, and modern politicans use the media and other forms of communication to present an image that the 30% they control are actually representative of the silent majority, therefore being able to control the silent majority through the insane minority. This is why the left will constantly bombard people with images of gays and trannies, and try to make it seem like this 1% of the population are actually a large portion of the population. By slowly expanding the definition to include bi-sexuals, a-sexuals, retard-sexuals, and so on, they create the illusion of a majority to trick the real majority to go along with their pc bullshit.
>>
>>70390659

>when you realize image boards are the last bastions for logical thinking

I want this ride to end.
>>
>>70390659
Well my logic is that we need to start a new propaganda program. This is the only way. Guerrilla propaganda.
>>
>>70391139
thats exactly what memes are.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.