[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheists and liberals...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 15
File: 1452478434984.jpg (54 KB, 288x400) Image search: [Google]
1452478434984.jpg
54 KB, 288x400
Why does it seem like atheism and liberals go hand in hand?
>>
File: atheist pride.jpg (215 KB, 1300x951) Image search: [Google]
atheist pride.jpg
215 KB, 1300x951
>>70381550
because they do
>>
>>70381550
>Should have just supported Abbott
>>
File: 1411139476355.jpg (71 KB, 441x403) Image search: [Google]
1411139476355.jpg
71 KB, 441x403
>>70381550
because conservatism is tied with tradition/traditionalism, and religion is one of the foundations upon which traditions are based on or supported by.

liberalism, on the other hand, breaks with traditions, as atheism does break from religious traditions specifically. both liberalism and atheism, in that sense, are iconoclastic and irreverent.

so, the answer is simple enough for a one-word tl;dr:

TRADITIONS
>>
>>70382238

So, basically, they don't like the sense of tradition...?
>>
>>70381692
>Investigates picture more closely
>Sees that it's in canada

I see no changes...
>>
>>70382826
think of it like this, someone who is more likely to break from religious tradition and reject it, is also going to be more likely to break with and reject other traditions that their society has held in high regards as well. that person would likely feel more comfortable with an ideology/worldview that does that often (liberalism) as opposed to an ideology/worldview that doesn't do that often and even frowns upon it (conservatism)

does this describe every single atheist or every single conservative/liberal in the world? no, because outliers will always exist. but these are some general trends.
>>
File: 1454193981359.jpg (12 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
1454193981359.jpg
12 KB, 303x276
>>70381550
>aussie flag
>"symbol of racism"
>>
>>70381550

Both are without morals.
>>
>>70381550
I am atheist and I hate kikes. I think atheism and left wing are not compatible, left wing is purely based in emotions and avoiding facts just like religion.
>>
>>70383457
Only certain religions "Avoid Facts."
>>
Shared values.
>Atheism encourages freedom of expression
>Liberalism encourages freedom of expression
>Atheism isn't controlled by religious values
>Liberalism isn't controlled by religious values
>>
>>70383457

> based on emotions
> denying a causal universe has an ultimate cause
> denying that there might be something that works outside your frame of logic

Atheists are full of passion and unearned moral ardour.
>>
>>70381550
Because autism is a genetic disorder.
>>
>>70383792
The fact that the bible is pure nonsense and fairy tails full of bad example of poor morality , slavery, incest, killing , altruism, all of them rewarded by God. Not to mentions that is not compatible with scientific theories.

Don't take me wrong I was catholic once and I accept cristianity as a accepyable religion. And I dont like islam as other people do, but saying that Atheism and libetalism are the same thing or compatible makes me think how stupid people is.
>>
>>70381550
Im an atheist and i want every left leaning person dead so....
>>
>>70384499
best i've heard
>>
>>70384769
>full of bad example of poor morality

You are using the moral system fostered by Christianity to criticise it.

Cut the root and make it suit yourself until nothing is left.
>>
>>70384499
God is not real though anon.
>>
Libtards give atheists a bad name tbhfam

I'm wholly conservative, I just don't believe in god.
>>
File: conservative_atheism.png (5 KB, 250x129) Image search: [Google]
conservative_atheism.png
5 KB, 250x129
>>70384769
The breakdown of our political and religious traditions are parallel enough to be seen as "hand-in-hand", you can not be a part of the breakdown of tradition while rejecting the breakdown at the same time.
>>
>>70384499
I think everything have an explanation, but we dont know everything. However not everything have a reason or a motive, for example, you can explain how a volcano erupts but you cannot give a reason behind the eruption, there is no intention behind or intelligence.
>>
>>70385123

Then we are of no consequence in a universe without meaning.

Why bother arguing?
>>
File: melbourneNotEvenOnce.jpg (357 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
melbourneNotEvenOnce.jpg
357 KB, 1305x892
>>70381550
Melbourne...etc, etc.
>>
File: 1450838242623.jpg (600 KB, 700x6826) Image search: [Google]
1450838242623.jpg
600 KB, 700x6826
>>70385230

Are you willing to consider that this causal universe may have a non contigent source?

That non contingent source must work diffrently from the known; so questions do arise.

This need not be a religious question.
>>
>>70385214
Because people is stupid they always need a parent to tell them what to do, instead of thinking for themselves rationally.

Is the same with niggers in Africa, they gain their freedom but they never were educated, so they destroyed everything previously created.

Is the same with Atheism these days, they are free from religion but they are not educated. They dont are racional or have ethical knowledge. Therefore they become kikes.

That is the problem when you are free but ignorant.
>>
>>70385326
Christians get in the way of science.
>>
Because conservatism tends toward authoritarianism, i.e. someone is in charge and they made the rules, so the rules are good, while atheism says that no one is in charge. That makes authoritarians wonder why anyone should follow the rules, and that makes them scared because they never developed an internal sense of morality, having always been able to rely on an external source. Liberals, being more introspective, can work out internal rules of morality without an external locus, i.e. humanitarianism, and that makes them less reliant on an external source of morality.
>>
>>70385971

You are pursuing the means by which a universe without purpose operates.

Why bother?
>>
>>70385953
So if people do not benefit from being enlightened by atheism, and the rise of atheism coincides with the societal decline of the West, what is the point of atheism?
>>
>>70383419
>Implying that religion people have morals
>>
>>70385860
You are impliying that there is something out there that doesn't have a rational explanation. In other words something magical. You cannot ask a question that may dont have an answer.
My Atheism is not dogmatic I just find unecesary the concept of God so I discarted.
>>
>>70386556

There is no concrete morality outside of Religion.

Morality works on the principle that life has value. Atheists cannot establish this. Morality also works on the idea of an unflexable moral law that is instigated by an outside source.

Morality outside of religion just becomes what is preferable. One result of this is fascism, since their is no esayblished inner moral law it must be enforced from the outside.
>>
>>70385123
How dare you insult Amun Ra
>>
File: 1459659753553.jpg (76 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
1459659753553.jpg
76 KB, 600x860
>>70383457
fact; heretic blood makes the grass grow

What better reason do you need to become catholic and crusade in the name of God?
>>
>>70386850
>You are impliying that there is something out there that doesn't have a rational explanation

Yep.

Apparently you; a man from a small planet in a galaxy in the corner of a large universe can deduce a rational explanation for it all.

The snake told Eve that if they ate the apple, they would become like Gods. You believed the lie.
>>
File: 1454214591243.jpg (72 KB, 577x725) Image search: [Google]
1454214591243.jpg
72 KB, 577x725
>>70384769
>Not to mentions that is not compatible with scientific theories.
>>
>>70381692

Because they're both at their core irrational and reactionary against anything that came before them.
>>
Every atheist I know is conservative?
>>
>>70387003

Morality outside of religion exists, you just have to find your own moral guides or whatever they're called.

If people only do good by fear that they might go to hell, then religion only makes those people appear good, but it doesn't make them good.
>>
>>70386177
Because we are smart, only stupid ones do nothing.
>>70387003
Morality stems from empathy.
>>70387221
You are a savage
>>
>>70381550
It doesn't
I'm a Nihlist and a Federalist so you would be wrong just based off that
More and more people are turning to Atheism because religion had no place in society anymore since it's completely bullshit
So with Atheism becoming the majority by default most liberals will be atheist since leftism is a populist no-thinking ideal and will most of the time be the majority
>>
>>70381550
>liberalism seen as "intelligent" and trendy ideology
>atheism seen as "intelligent" and trendy ideology
>morons see this and declare themselves liberal and atheist hoping they'll be seen as "intelligent" and trendy
>>
>>70387558
>"According to the 2010 census, the vast majority of the population identify as African (90.6%), or mixed African with other races (2.7%)."
>Bahamas
>White

Shouldn't you be practicing your spear throw?
>>
File: phplIv3Jm.jpg (28 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
phplIv3Jm.jpg
28 KB, 400x278
>>70387003
>Morality
There is no concrete morality within religion retard. Actions speak a lot louder than words
>>
>>70386225
I don't see Atheism as a solution for today's problems I just see Atheism as an unavoidable consecuence of people questioning their own faith.

In my case I am not going to stop being an Atheist because of kikes. Kikes are a consequence of poor education and lack of rationality not Atheism.

If you think you are going to stop the kikes with religion, think twice, take a look of some of the African countries, South America, and the cucks in Europe most of them are religious to.

The problem is the lack of education and ethical values, political correctness is ruining everything.
>>
>>70387558

> Morality stems from empathy.

Empathy is not a good guide for morality. We are driven by our own self interests. The golden rule becomes; do unto others what we would like them to do to us. This establishes that some are more important to please and sympathise with than others.

Also; how can you establish what is good or evil?

If morality evolves; then is it wrong for a tribe to kill their youngest in order to survive on low rations through a long winter or drought?

You seem to think your moral law is the same as others. You may have to create a religion in order to teach it.
>>
>>70381550
Because they need a morally dogmatic system to which they can identify with, which also gives them an in-group. Effectively they still need religion. I'm an atheist but I am definitely not liberal, I usually say I'm libertarian, but my desire for state's rights and decentralization of powers, and disdain for the idea of a big govt. authoritarian welfare state makes side with conservatives mainly.
>>
>>70386850
>You cannot ask a question that may not have an answer

You're new to this science game aren't you?
>>
>>70388041
Only sane human doesnt like making others suffer thats the basis of empathy imaging how other people would feel if you did something animalistic like steal or kill them and that in turn keeps you civilized and in check. There is a reason why humans devoid of empathy(psychopaths) are the biggest criminals on the planet.
>>
File: 1454530325993.jpg (106 KB, 380x602) Image search: [Google]
1454530325993.jpg
106 KB, 380x602
>>70388029
Atheism is an unavoidable consequence of religions being retarded as fuck.

You can't expect people to keep believing in the reanimated corpse of a kike forever.
>>
>>70388283

Are people who live in bigger cities more empathetic and those who live in small towns?

Empathy is contextual and depends on a number of factors.
>>
>>70381550
I'm an atheist and far-right politically.

Many liberals become atheists not because of cognitive reasons or empirical evidence, but because they are degenerates like the LGBT scum.

Degenerate people refuse to submit to a God who tells them what to do so they rebel and become atheists.
>>
>>70387365
You need quotation in the science side. What is the age of earth according to the bible? What is the human race origin?what the origin of every animal? How bible explain that earth was created?

Actually I want to know where in the bible say for example that the earth is a sphere. Full quatation please.
>>
>>70387003
>life has no value without an afterlife

Why not kill yourself right now? Early Christians did, until the Catholics made it a sin. I value my life, and others, because it's the only one I get. My mortality stems from that, Ahmed.
>>
>>70388743
>I value my life, and others, because it's the only one I get

put it on a greeting card.
>>
>>70388346
>all religions have a Jesus figure and afterlife.

Okay sure.
>>
>>70388721
dude. It tells you where the quote is right under it.
>>
>>70381550
Because religious people/ideologies have conservative values which are centrist/right and
atheists are in some sense against the teachings of religion, which creates this seeming divide. But as I am right-wing and atheist I have to say checkmate OP.
>>
>>70388834
not an argument
>>
>>70388915
>implying the other religions don't have their own messianic figures and death defying shit
>>
>>70388721
Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in

Religious cucks take circle to mean sphere. Circle could also mean circular disk. Another case of selective religious interpretation
>>
>>70388252
"May" my mistake there. There is no answer for " what is the purpose behind a volcano eruption? If you ask that question you are already implying something.
>>
>>70389179
What was the words used in the original Hebrew texts, or sometimes older than the Hebrew texts that have survived Greek texts.
>>
>>70389179
A circle is a circle not an sphere, you are given your own interpretation, the same interpretation with the rest of the quotes.
>>
>>70381550
I'm agnostic atheist but lately a lot of my views have seemed more conservative.

I don't agree with abortion outside of medical necessity and disagree with liberal fiscal policy. Regressives in general have run amok and they are slowly trying to erode our constitution.

And believing in sky fairies is still dumb and a waste of time, money, and energy that could do a lot more to further our species.
>>
Liberals are anti-religion because it's the old political dogma that hasn't adequately kept up with their progressive values. Like not being a giant pussy and thinking gay parades is a good thing.
Liberalism is the new authoritarian religion of the west, which, as an authoritarian system of beliefs stand in opposition to the older religions.
>>
>>70388041
Morality doesn't provide all good answers, sometimes just the best one.

If our morality came from religion we would still be as murderous as we were centuries again.
>>
>>70381692
>Reason and equality in the sentence.
One of those has to go (and its not reason).
>>
Judaic religions were used to make the person who believed in them feel special. Started with the Jews, than the Christians, now the Muslims. And NOW, the SJWs and Marxists. This is the blue-est of all blue pills, avoid at all costs.
>>
>>70381550
The Republican party bases many of its policies on Christianity

seems pretty obvious
>>
>>70389722
>I don't agree with abortion outside of medical necessity and disagree with liberal fiscal policy.

I never understand why this is such an issue, except personal issue. You and your spouse should consider abortion not being a thing, other people got other decisions to go through.
Also isn't so that you apply yourself to other people too much in this? Most people that carry through abortions are fucked up already to even fuck around that much and/or don't use protection. Not to mention they might be low lives anyway and shouldn't breed. Such a non-issue.
>>
Atheists who become leftist are simply weak. They were just smart enough to realize that there is no god but they were not strong enough to face the idea that there is no meaning to life.

So they take up these causes to give themselves the illusion of meaning instead of seizing what they really want.
>>
>>70389332
But anon, volcanic eruptions do have a purpose
>>
>>70382826
No, they don't automatically believe what is traditional and, for various reasons, go against it. This is very basic thinking along the lines of not automatically being a sheep.

I am an atheist because it's hard to take any religion seriously and I've read enough about physics where I can believe much easier that the universe doesn't need some deity and to exist or function. If some religion had some sort of evidence pointing to it being true, I'd change my mind accordingly. But none do at all.
>>
>>70390490
There are reasons for volcanic eruptions, there consequences because of them, but purpose implies there was some kind a premeditated end goal.
>>
>>70390251
Yes they probably shouldn't breed. It would be better for society to take away their ability to breed like taking a pencil away from a misbehaving child rather than allow or force them to keep erasing their doodling.

I'll never understand people who make arguments using the personal viewpoint. It's like you think we don't have any other laws that affect people personally.
>>
>>70381550
I despise liberals.
>>
>>70381550
Because both are correlated with high intelligence
>>
>>70390490
"the reason why something is done or used : the aim or intention of something"

Please enlightened me.
>>
>>70392066
>liberal
>High intelligence

Pick one
>>
File: stephen-hawking.jpg (310 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
stephen-hawking.jpg
310 KB, 2048x1536
>>70392991
>Most intelligent man on the planet
>liberal
>>
>>70393495
>Most intelligent man on the planet
>Needs an adult to help him get dressed.
>>
>>70393495
Not the most intelligent man.

Not the most intelligent physician.

Being good at physics doesn't mean you are good in economics or ethics.

You are assuming many stuff. How many times have you listen his political views?
>>
>>70393982
lol
>>
>>70381550
Because if you believe in nothing, the government is all you have.
>>
>>70394475
"Physicist phone corrector"
>>
>>70381550
Because conservatives and religious people go hand in hand, it's a counter culture
>>
>>70381550
Because liberals traded in their need for a religious cult, with a statist cult. As an example, liberals know nothing about climate... yet they "just have faith" that they are being told the truth... sound familiar?
>>
>>70394475
>not the most intelligent man
>not the most intelligent physicist
Both points are definitely arguable

>being good at physics =/= being good at economics or ethics
Agree. But being in the top 0.000001 percentile for intelligence does mean his problem solving ability is amazing and probably better than all of /pol/ combined × 100
>>
>>70383419
whats important is that you found a way to feel superior to both. good on you
>>
>>70395273
People I know who are climate conscience
>All the scientists agree with climate change it must be real.
Then they never argue further, or give evidence
Teachers and professors I have had
>All the scientists agree with climate change it must be real
Then they never argue further, or give evidence
Bill Nye the science visited my college and gave a talk
>All the scientists agree with climate change it must be real
Then he never argued further, or gave more evidence
If they just followed up with evidence I would be more sympathetic, I looked it up and apparently CO2 holds heat but heat increases some years but not others, and in the past there have been great differences in temperatures. How can we tell that climate change is man made. Most people, even conservatives, just take it for granted that man-made climate change is a fact.
>>
It suits the needs of the System; Religion's in their purest interpretations of doctrine are incompatible with a system based on the techniques of statistics, logic and science; the sacred can't exist because it is scrutinised and examined.

It's no coincidence that leftists are also the most socialised / over socialised, hence their inclination towards atheism.
>>
>>70388743
No life has value when an afterlife isnt present, if it there is an afterlife then life has no value at all infact killing people is just sending their consiousness to another dimension so you really kinda freed them from the burdens of their earth life or something.

If an afterlife was proven suicides would be rampant around the globe all idea of the sanctity of human life gone just like that. However that is not the case we know its light out forever when you die thats why we CARE THAT WE CAN DIE.
>>
>>70387003
>There is no concrete morality.
ftfy
>>
>>70396869
No there is a concrete morality in humans and that is ANYTHING THAT DISGUST ME IS BA AND ANYTHING THAT GIVES ME OXYTOCIN PLEASURE IS GOOD.

All humans except the ones who have no morality at all like niggers, abos and whatever the fuck those things are Papua New Guinea show this.

Good-Releases oxytocin
Bad-Causes Disgust or rage

This is why the west sees pedophilia as evil but the muslims see it as good because fucking little girls releases oxytocin in their brains.

You can literally fool yourself into thinking you are being good by associating anything you do with the oxytocin release. For example most religious nutjobs can murder babies very easily once they get that oxytocin hit IM A GOOD PERSON I SWEAR I DID FOR THE RIGHTEOUSNESS.
>>
>>70381550
They both lack any sort of moral basis so it is a natural fit
>>
>>70387365
i have hebrews 11:3 tatted on my arm... red pilled to the maximum
>>
>>70397820
not gonna lie, thats pretty dope. I might have to steal this someday
>>
File: joo56.png (97 KB, 468x371) Image search: [Google]
joo56.png
97 KB, 468x371
>>70397820
>i have hebrews 11:3 tatted
>hebrews

the goy was good.
>>
>>70381550
Dislike of tradition
>>
Atheist and conservative here

Checkmate christfags
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 1125x2001) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1125x2001
>>70398245
Hey thanks man!
>>
>>70398467
Hebrews is a book telling Jews how fucked up their religion is...
>>
>>70381692

None of the three things in that sign would have existed if not fr the thousands and thousands of years of meaningful religious thought and spiritualism that came before them.

Fuck em.
>>
>>70383848
>iberalism isn't controlled by religious values

Jesus fucking christ bro, do you even western civilization?
>>
>>70398778
word. heres some more candidates ive considered

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Romans 1:22 KJV 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
>>
>>70388721
>What is the age of earth according to the bible?

There isn't one.

What is the human race origin?what the origin of every animal? How bible explain that earth was created?

Read the fucking book. And no, not as a literalist, those people are retarded. Funny how for atheists to make most of their arguments against the bible, they have to use a literalist interpretation...
>>
>>70399419
im digging it man! i chose my verse because its one of the biggest reasons i can not not believe.
>>
>>70399335
Also,
>Liberalism encourages freedom of expression
Disagree with them and you'll be met with shouting, and attempt to destroy any group you may be part of
>>
>>70399939
>Disagree with them and you'll be met with shouting, and attempt to destroy any group you may be part of

I agree, but I was talking about more classical liberalism. Some of the first people to have a concept of economics as its own field were Jesuits FFS.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.