[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did VICE become such a shithole? They used to have good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: CfkB1QKW8AEArsj.jpg (55 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
CfkB1QKW8AEArsj.jpg
55 KB, 600x395
How did VICE become such a shithole?

They used to have good documentaries on relevant topics like war and economics, now it's all identity politics all the time.
>>
>>70380812
I used to watch them too. But they started to push the muh white privilege meme and white guilt with the neo-nazis in germany.
>>
"the underside of my belly button" i don't know how long regular people's fingers are but fuck me you must have a long finger to do that.
>>
>>70380812

They still do some good investigative stuff, but they've gone way downhill.

The same thing happened with Cracked and I'm skeptical that it's a coincidence.
>>
They are are far too fringe to be taken seriously as a news outlet.
>>
They went in the shitter around 2013/2014. Maybe it's because it was bought out, maybe because it's a lot easier to hire college grads to write articles about their feelings on sex than to hire serious journalists.
>>
The guy in front of me in one of my classes does nothing but read VICE and look at/read about thousand dollar sneakers on his laptop. I feel like that's indicative of the kind of shit they're putting out.
>>
>>70382056
This, plus clickbait = revenue
>>
Vice has been hipster bullshit for as long as I can remember, at least from the early 2000s
>>
They bought out Gavin McInnes (arguably the voice of the magazine during its rise) because he was 3edgy5me and a liability
>>
>>70380812
It gets clicks.
>>
>>70381111
Yeah, I remember how pretty good their videos use to be, that german neo-nazi one also was the one to turn me off from Vice.

also checked
>>
Their documentaries on stuff like the cannibals in liberia etc were pretty pretty cool. Looked up some of their articles recently and i was pretty upset
>>
Ever since Gavin bought out there's nothing to keep the HIV of Shane and paki smack faggot in check.
>>
>>70381842
Vice never did any investigative stuff really

they had drug addict interns that would scour news wires for DUDE SO CRAZY LMAO stories in like newspapers in Botswana and then copy the article and maybe send some hipster out to do a stupid story copying the article
>>
>>70382252

I shake my head everytime I see that faggot and his band of crypto-kikes at Rebellion Media or whatever the fuck.

>we couldn't bully the public into paying for Sun TV as part of basic cable, therefore oppression
yeah, fuck off you fucking moocher.
>>
>>70380812
Because based whatshisname left - Gavin. He was their token quasi-conservative. All that is left now are Brooklyn hipster uber-liberal scumbags.
>>
>>70380812
I get my news from RT; I find it a good amount better than BBC or any other US news. Yeah they treat Putin like a god, but then again the network is run by the Kremlin.
>>
>>70382647
Definitely a bitch move considering they're all for muh free markets
>>
>>70380812
Wait, VICE wasn't always a shithole?
>>
I'd tell you but they'd probably kill me.
>>
>>70382856
>pic related
>>
>>70383150
it's just a prank bro
>>
>>70383150
https://www.rt.com/usa/338964-newjersey-nazi-jews-drinking-game/

>According to the website Drinking Game Zone, the game requires 60 cups of beer and allows each team special “abilities” based on who they represent. The Nazi team can go on a “blitzkrieg” and shoot ping pong balls into the cups until they miss, or they can even send a player on the Jewish team to “Auschwitz,” eliminating them from play until all other team members sink a ball into a cup.

>MY SIDES
This is fucking news. Vice would never publish something like this.
>>
Almost all articles on Vice UK -

DOING NORMAL THING..ON DRUGS!
INTERVIEW WITH A DRUG DEALER
WHAT WERE DRUGS LIKE IN THE 1990s?

Fucking shambles.
>>
>>70380812
They split with Gavin McInnes. I know it's a meme to hate on him on /pol/ but he really was what made Vice what it was. You can see exactly around the time they fired him that Vice decided to pull a 180, going from the cynical as fuck gritty take on urban living angle to the gigantic world-travelling everything all at once left-wing angle.

Listen to Shane Smith talk about anything and you quickly realize he has no fucking clue what the hell he's talking about. He may be a smart business man that got Vice to where it was financially, but creatively speaking I think they just rode Gavin 'n friends to the top before whoring themselves out to the millennial YouTube attention span.
>>
>>70383222
the article is fucking hilarious m8
>>
They were interesting enough to watch and enjoy for a while and then they started giving progressive liberal arts major interns a mouth piece / air time and went to hell
>>
>>70383063
Remembered Kotaku and Cracked being decent.
>>
>>70380812
>I want to build the next CNN
Mission Accomplished.
>>
>>70381111
witnessed
>>
>>70383150
>>70383497

Welp, I know what I am doing this weekend.
>>
File: cute-blue.jpg (816 KB, 1280x3923) Image search: [Google]
cute-blue.jpg
816 KB, 1280x3923
>tfw liberals are trying to turn my fetish into some kind of progressive social cause
>>
>>70381111
quads of truth
>>
File: 1459653822701.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459653822701.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
>>70384714
Damn that's hot.
>>
>>70383150
There's also a variant of ring of fire called Hitler that got some publicity, it's fun as fuck just hope you don't have to drink the holocaust.
>>
>>70384714
They get into everything

Though I don't understand how he's not cold anymore. Torsos slapping together isn't enough.
>>
>>70384714
For all time liberals have been totally unable to comprehend the concept of privacy.
>>
his north korea documentaries were based
>>
>>70384008
Underrated post
>>
It's literally Buzzfeed 2.0

They realized Millenials don't give a shit about actual news and would rather click on articles like the one you just posted.
Its nothing more than a clickbait site that gets revenue for each time you go on it
>>
>>70383497
Theres other rules like you can anne frank a jewish cup by putting it anywhere in the room
>>
RIK Old Vice
>>
File: 1237658376458.jpg (52 KB, 604x341) Image search: [Google]
1237658376458.jpg
52 KB, 604x341
>>70380812

They no longer do captivating journalism.

There was a period between 2007-2013 where Vice would go places no other journalists would go, like North Korea, Liberia, Siberia, etc and get great footage. They'd show viewers crazy drugs like scopolamine and krokodil. They'd interview people like General Buttnaked and Russian oligarchs. The journalists were honest and interesting. There was a strong punk-rock DIY ethos.

These journalists have moved on to other stuff and have been replaced by progressive hipsters.
>>
>>70380812
Shane literally said Vice Magazine and the website is a hipster central blog

Vice news is his child and so far he has done a good job despite what russian apologist would say
>>
It's just so odd to see a titan like that suddenly transform.

One day they're checking out the gun markets of Pakistan, and then next thing you know, SJWs have hijacked apparently everything.
>>
>>70383150
>poker night this week will now be beerpong
>>
>>70383982
>kotaku
No
>cracked
I remember it had Seanbaby for a while.
>>
"Vice" is overly-snarky progressive trash but Vice News is still breddy gud.

I like Shane Smith's podcasts with Joe Rogan. Dude isn't really a cuck as far as I can tell
>>
>>70383150
I played this at my last birthday party with like 100 people in my basement. Why is this a news story?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.