[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rap music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 194x260
Redpill me on rap music. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. Whether you think it's a shit form of music if irrelevant.

Do black African American get the credit for rap music? Because I know there were many people in other countries way back who'd sing songs in rhymes with beats.

Black people always say they were the first ones who brought inner city rap music. And the stuff you hear them rap about nowadays isn't really what it was back in the day. It had more positive stuff in it.
>>
>>70351339
If you pay attention to ANY rap song, it usually talks about death, murder, criminality and over all nigger-behaviour.
>>
>>70351339
It is shit
>>
>>70351339
At best, rap is musical poetry and a form of art.

At worst, well, your pic is very related
>>
It's designed to provoke a few emotional reactions; anger, envy, or lust. Make "songs" with good producers and catchy samples and the words don't matter.

Rappers trick black people into thinking they are doing it for [insert area code] when they are actually rich because black people are buying all these albums when they should be saving money. They are sucking money out of black communities and spending it on hedonistic impulses.

What low IQ people don't understand (most black people, some whites, and a few asians) is that rappers are all professional actors. They present a unique persona and are really good at looking like they are thugs, but they are merely good at acting. Listeners take the message literally and think that the prerequisite to be a rapper is to be a violent criminal, when no rappers actually are.

It's just another form of Liberal mind control.
>>
>>70351339
First rap song to top the us charts was from a white austrian guy, no joke.
>>
Hip Hop was good, about 25 years ago. There was somewhat of a positive social message, live instrumentation, and talent.

Since then, it turned into a degenerate form of violence promoting noise, which has now turned into garbage dance club music.
>>
>>70352112
>listeners take the message literally
maybe the really dumb ones, but no one is actually trying to do the things they are.

That's like saying violence in video games is taken literally and people will imitate it.
>>
>>70351339
It's just zionists implementing the phrase "monkey see monkey do" to their advantage
>>
File: 1243554391337.jpg (57 KB, 456x360) Image search: [Google]
1243554391337.jpg
57 KB, 456x360
http://www.hiphopisread.com/2012/04/secret-meeting-that-changed-rap-music.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ldqSe7wqc
>>
>>70351339
Hip-Hop = before Gangsta Rap
RAP = everything after Gangsta (with few exceptions)

Gangsta Rap is/was shit.
Stopped listening when that shit became norm
>>
Rap/Hip hop is the Jews greatest trick, instead on Jewish produces having to deal with bands full of white people, they can deal with one nigger for which they probably produce the 'beat' whilst taking a dump. Then pay the silly nig 1/5 of what the band would have cost.

It is absolute garbage, if you think you like it you have been heavily indoctrinated
>>
>>70352597
Urban youth violence accounts for a huge portion of the violence in this country. They listen to one type of music.

Video game violence increases aggressive behaviors in children. I don't understand why it's such a logical leap of faith to think that the media you consume shapes your worldview and alters your behavior.
>>
File: 1234567.jpg (250 KB, 1500x1486) Image search: [Google]
1234567.jpg
250 KB, 1500x1486
As everything, it can be art and expression, or just dumb shit.
>>
>>70352877
Gangsta Rap about struggling in abject poverty and having death walking two steps behind you at every turn was goddamn compelling anon

Gangsta Rap about how much money you have and how extravagantly you're wasting your development checks on jewelry is and was indefensible trash
>>
>>70352903
ayy, that was pretty subtle anon. great job!
>>
>>70352112
Eh idk, I feel like Chris Brown/Kanye type shit isn't that popular among blacks past early 20s. We listen to locals as we grow up.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD RAPPER
>>
>>70351339
The genre is not inherently bad. I listened to a lot of it over the summer just to familiarize myself. I listen to mostly >metal but there are definitely some aspects of rap that can be very impressive.

An artist with good wordplay can be really fun to listen to. Memes aside, if you listen to an Eminem song like Rap God and aren't impressed then you're lying.

Or take Kendrick Lamar. Yeah he mostly raps about life as a dindu on the streets, but he does it very poetically, you can really sympathize for the nigger.

That being said, 90% of it is straight trash.
>>
>>70353088
This. If Grandmaster Flash is wrong, I don't wanna be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMkEMCHtJ4
>>
>>70352868
explains alot
>>
>>70353240
>90% of it is straight trash

Even less than metal!!
>>
https://youtu.be/xw5pD-XSMxc
>>
>>70352868
>31 minutes
Somebody give me a TL;DW
>>
>>70353554
https://youtu.be/elDmX_WBMZw
>>
>>70353240
>90% of it is straight trash
It's entertainment, 90% of novels are trash, too.
>>
Hip hop contains both the best and worse music ever to be made.
You're confusing hip hop with radio rap, which is all garbage. Some people also seem to think that all rap is trap music. Trap music pretty much is either garbage, or can only be enjoyed ironically; with a few exceptions.
I usually point people to Lil Ugly Mane as a modern example of a "rapper" who constantly makes masterpieces. Also you'd be surprised how much music falls under the genre of hip hop that doesn't sound anything like what you think rap does.
>>
>>70351339
I like the concept but I don't like the result.
In essence, it's catchy music with nice bases and people with deep voices can make some badass songs. Sometimes they even put recognizable music in the base. Resampling is it called?

Anyway, the thing is that it's a sort of music that's easy to listen to while doing any other activities because it provokes very basic emotional responses, usually to get hyped while working out or something.

The problem comes when the underlining message is about all out degeneracy because one way or another it sticks with kids' brains. I'd like it more if it would be a more neutral message like Skee-lo or some Drake's songs.

Anyway, I only listen to polish rap because I don't understand anything but "kurwa" and some Riff Raff because he sounds really funny.
>>
>>70353240
Most anything on the radio is trash. You actually have to dig to find good music regardless of genre. Radio is geared towards children with disposable income. The same with most things mainsteam really.
>>
>/pol/ on the arts

wew
>>
>>70353656
You can watch the first few minutes, they're discussing that corporations pushed for the commercialization/mainstreamness of music with violent themes in the 80s to fuel the private prison $ystem.
>>
>>70351459
>>70351624
It started changing to what it is now. It wasn't all like this before.
>>
>>70352112
I do believe this. You can apply this to all genres of music. One thing I liked about Japanese people who listened to music is you would never which music they listened to just by looking at them. Instead of the
>420 bob marely
>"Yo, I will bust yo ass"
>Drugs,sex and rock and roll
>nu-male "Listen to indie"
>Bro "I listen to EDM man"
>goth
>emo

I never understood why you had to act and be the music you listen to. Dressing up once in awhile I can get especially when going to a concert. But trying to be and dressing like them every time is retarded. You should be able to listen to the music and enjoy without letting it take your life in control. It's as if they have nothing of themselves so they have try to become something out of nothing.
>>
>>70352388
Doesn't really mean much. Seems more desperate than anything.
>>
>>70352868
Seems totally possible but I'd still blame the nigger. They're to blame if they're so easy to manipulate.
>>
>>70355383
literally been a part of the american cultural scene since the 60's anon

>you believe in peace and love too? great! buy our fucking clothes and show the rest of the world!
>>
>>70351339
Shit thread
>>
>>70351339
It's music for adults.
>Drugs
>Killing
>Struggles
>Sex
Only autistic manchildren don't like it.
>>
>>70355644
I don't think the conversation is meant to absolve blacks of their crimes, just the validity of social engineering through music. I think that the themes of consumerism that were rampant in 90s-00s rap turned blacks into spend-your-money-as-soon-as-you-get-it consumerists. Now with explicit sexual themes and lyrics in rap music that are especially targeted toward youth, accidental pregnancies and abortions are at an all time high.

My point is, fuck the letter and the meeting. Music influences people. Lucifer was an angel of music, wasn't he?
>>
What sickens me is when trendy white people go

"Let's do a rap version of Hamlet to get with the kids."

"Yo to be or not be dats de question bruv innit.?" etc.

fuck that.
>>
>>70357679
no, he was just the 2nd in command of heaven and the first among the angels
>>
>>70351339
Rap is great. The new stuff is trash but the 90's produced a lot of good rap music. I'm fine being a degenerate if I listen to rap.
>>
>>70352112
Rap is popular because whites buy it.
>>
>>70351339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfyDcKCqjJ8
>>
U guys gonna change your mind once you hear Maxo Kream - Paranoia
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.