[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our retarded grandparents should have listened to this man.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Joseph_McCarthy.jpg (577 KB, 996x1191) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_McCarthy.jpg
577 KB, 996x1191
Our retarded grandparents should have listened to this man.
>>
>>70348683

Yup. Too late now.
>>
>>70348683
I had something all typed up about how Nixon was right then I realized this was Jewseph McCarthy.
>>
>>70348683
>justifying political repression
>wanting a totalitarian state
>>
File: 3448297.3591830.jpg (13 KB, 142x150) Image search: [Google]
3448297.3591830.jpg
13 KB, 142x150
>>70348898
Nixon was still right though.
>>
>>70349318
>justifying letting the enemy into your home
>not wanting to keep the kikes and commies at bay

>>>/blm/
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16 KB, 210x236) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16 KB, 210x236
>>70349318
/pol/ doesn't want to make decisions. They are classically bad at choice-making.
That's why they are here in this support group.
>>
>>70348683
In high school learning about this guy I used to think he was too extreme
Little did I know, kek
>>
>>70348683
Just because he's right wing doesn't mean he's smart. McCarthy was fucking retarded.
>>
>>70349876
Why are the Dutch learning about McCarthy?
>>
>>70349646
>le commie joo conspeeruhsee
>>
>>70348683
Whenever i see a black/white picture of an American with widow peak, i assume it is Nixon.
>>
do people actually respect this drunk fuck
>>
>>70348683
Speak for yourself. Mine were always on his side.
>>
>>70349542
So was McCarthy
>>
>>70350054
What was bad about him? Most of the people he came for actually were communists. The accusations weren't baseless. Most were just low-level communists.
>>
>>70349743
Maybe this is a support group, but your other analysis is completely wrong.
>>
>>70349318
Curtailing the liberty of people who would curtail your liberty is the only sensible thing to do. It's the same way we can have a nice, religiously tolerant, liberal state, but we can't have a nice, religiously tolerant, liberal state with Muslims in it.
>>
>>70350517
This is the most core /pol/ value.
In high school I took a class called "war". The Iraq war had just started. The teacher had a politically connected wife who was literally related to dubya and he taught us that why postmodern culture doesn't work is because the golden rule doesn't work. If people want to kill others, not all just some, and everyone can't agree who to kill, then it is useless.
>>
>>70348683
>hear there are communist cells in Hollywood
>start just randomly accusing innocent people of being communist instead going to the president and the FBI to start quietly tracking communist cells without them fleeing
>in the process, just delegitimize anti-communist investigations and set stage for SJWs

Yeah, he was such a great man, and totally not a fucking retard.
>>
>>70350420
Most of them weren't communist spies actually. And all of them weren't given a fair trial.
>>
>>70350517
A tiny fraction of the accused were actually a political threat. Most weren't.
>>
>>70350346

McCarthy was a grandstander that did more harm than good to the anti-communist cause. He knew about the threat but used it for his own political advantage, giving the pinkos and fellow travelers plenty of ammunition to use.
>>
>>70350420
>What was bad about him?

Look at him. His personality was as ugly as his face. While he was right about some stuff, his problem was that he was a sour bitter lying piece of shit. Even his friends hated him.

If he had had any charisma, people might have listened. Same way with Whitaker Chambers vs. Alger Hiss. One was a fat greasy liar, and the other was a debonair sophisticated liar and spy. Guess which one had lots of supporters.

Same way with Nixon vs. JFK. why is it that republicans/conservatives so often seem like people who beat their wives? look at Goldwater.

Reagan was a breath of fresh air because he seemed nice. but look at Cheney, or pic related for god sake. If you were making a movie, and needed to cast "evil politician", this guy would be at the top of the list.
>>
>>70350116
>let me type like reddit because I can't refute that
>>
>>70351108
The cia launched a targeted media campaign against him when he targeted their director. He literally got jewed
>>
>>70351110
I'm not sure what you're implying with the Hiss thing, I've never seen pictures of either of them. But Hiss was guilty. Also
>every Democrat is good looking
>>
File: hiss500.jpg (78 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
hiss500.jpg
78 KB, 500x438
>>70351614
>But Hiss was guilty.

which part of my comment "liar and spy" did you not understand?

first of all, hiss = pic related.
>>
>>70351841
Was the comparison McCarthy and Hiss? I thought you were comparing Chambers and Hiss
>>
File: whittaker_chambers.jpg (14 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
whittaker_chambers.jpg
14 KB, 200x273
>>70351841

and now chambers.

re-read my post, and it should make sense.
>>
>>70352043
How was Chambers a liar?
>>
>>70351976

you and I are having a failure to communicate. I assume one of us is retarded. to make it simple, I'll agree to admit that i'm retarded.

bye.
>>
>>70351108
They wouldn't have been able to if Hollywood had stayed patriotic and kept to the black list. The Jew is a born nation wrecker.
>>
>>70352179
>I expect patriotism from European expats who weren't even born or educated in the U.S.
>>
File: 1398472814010.jpg (159 KB, 825x793) Image search: [Google]
1398472814010.jpg
159 KB, 825x793
>>70350487
>Maybe this is a support group, but your other analysis is completely wrong.

/po/ has wanted to gently place the boot against their neck from day one, as long as there's a white foot in it.
>>
>>70350787
They weren't spies they were just americans who were involved in counterculture at some point in their lives. The issue was most of them weren't high up counterculturists and he was literally too drunk to care. His heart was in the right place. If his grandson were appointed to Trump's cabinet that would be super.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.