[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book on WW2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 13528287.jpg (90 KB, 300x466) Image search: [Google]
13528287.jpg
90 KB, 300x466
Is this book good /pol/? I want to learn everything about WW2, but don't want heavy biases. Is "The Second World War" by Antony Beevor any good?

Also, general WW2 thread
>>
looks fine for me anon
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>70344878
Beevor is very good but also check out David Irving's infamous book Hitler's War And The War Path.
>>
The Rise and Decline of the Third Reich
>>
>>70347545
Does that one focus more on The Third Reich or WW2 in general? I want a detailed book on the whole thing
>>
>>70347733
Focuses more on the Third Reich/ European theater.

If you want a good book on the Japanese campaign
WWII in the Pacific

Another very interesting one is
The Invasion of Japan
>>
Watch "The World At War" documentary. It's the best documentary in every way. They ask the people that were actually in the war making decisions what happened and what they thought. Including the most influential and controversial minds including Albert Speer, Karl Dönitz, Sir Arthur Harris, Curtis Lemay ... It's absolutely critical to watch this documentary if you want to learn about WWII.
>>
>>70348153
Thank you. I'll add it to my to-read list. However, I'm looking for a book on everything from World War II, not just Europe or Hitler. Mind if I ask you if this book (the one from the OP) includes BEADY and thee BUF?

>>70348241
Thanks, I'll make sure I watch it someday.
>>
>>70347733
World War II is such a huge topic. It's the biggest conflict in human history. It's impossible to have one book that is unbiased and good and is general enough to fit it all in. I recently took a course on WWII and I got an A-. There is no single textbook because there isn't one good enough. You have to read a series of books to get an unbiased perspective on the topic.
>>
>>70349160
Okay, Mr. Leaf, thank you for the input. I think I'm going to get this one and the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, as the other anon said.

I have to find out if the book on the OP has BEADY in it. Where can I find out?
>>
>>70349503
You're welcome sir.
One of the books we read was
"Eagle Against the Sun" - An American perspective of the Pacific war. It's very good.
"Thunder in the East" - A book on the Eastern Front.
"The Great Patriotic War of The Soviet Union" -by Alexander Hill - (My professor). He did a lot of research on the Russian perspective of the war. This is an important document because we are only now getting documents from the Soviet perspective of the war.
The Eastern Front was where WWII primarily happened.
As much as us Westerners like to believe we played the biggest part.. We were in fact a small part of the war.
"The Necessary War" by Tim Cook
and "Fight to the Finish" by Tim Cook
-These are books written in the Canadian perspective of the war. It talks about the whole war. -Very good books.
>>
>>70349503
It's almost impossible to get documents written about the Chinese side of the war because these documents were destroyed during Mao's "Cultural Revolution" . It's estimated that over 10 million Chinese died during the war. The Chinese government would like us to think that this was entirely because of Japanese war crimes. For this I suggest you watch "In the Name of the Emperor".
However, this is not entirely true. The majority of Chinese deaths were from starvation due to scorched earth policies from "Chinese" people themselves including the KMT.
It's quite a complicated issue because China itself at the time was quite divided.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.