[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people go and get worthless degrees? Do people actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: paying-for-college.jpg (642 KB, 1833x1638) Image search: [Google]
paying-for-college.jpg
642 KB, 1833x1638
Why do people go and get worthless degrees? Do people actually believe they will get a good job with shit like women's studies, psychology (everyone has one of these), sociology, etc?

I know someone who went through 8 years of psychology (wtf???) And now can't get a job.

You know what could have been done those 8 years?

4 years of uni and 4 years of med school or even law school
>>
>>70340866
Just follow your dreams man and you'll be happy
>>
>>70341169
I wouldn't be happy if I had $8373827738282 in student debt and a worthless degree
>>
They've been brainwashed into thinking any degree, regardless of how irrelevant, will guarantee them a high paying job.
>>
>>70341169
>>>70340866 (OP)
>Just follow your dreams man and you'll be happy

Fuck you. Don't follow your fucking dreams, follow the cash flow, make your dreams your hobby and tell libarttards to fuck off.

Stupid fucking idea.
>>
>>70341169
Follow practical dreams.

Lucky for me I like computers a lot and can make money in them too.
>>
>>70341307
It's ok just go to college and get an art degree.
>>
>>70341446
There are a large number of lower middle class jobs that require a degree - any degree. Teacher is one, another is office worker for city or state government. It can be in anything. Another is management at retail shops.

The people with degrees that can't find a job aren't looking hard enough or unwilling to work for low wages.
>>
>>70341712
Next year I'm gonna take the test to get into med school, fuck art school tbqhfamilia
>>
>>70341721
My old manager at my part time retail job had a degree in psychology, the job only requires you have a degree.
>>
I study philosophy.

Come at me, bro.
>>
>>70342898
how do you plan on eating.
>>
>>70343027
I plan to waste the taxpayer's money till the day I die. Who do you think is financing my useless degree?

Let this be a lesson, by the way. Don't allow this to happen in your country. Don't become like us.
>>
>>70340866
Last year Automation Engineer student here.
In my country its hard for me to find a job that is industrialy based.Only Q&A IT shitty jobs or web developing.

It depends on the country too what you are studying.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.