[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genetic link to Intelligence BREAKTHROUGH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_mp19q7mZv41qhwdcyo1_1280.jpg (316 KB, 1280x859) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mp19q7mZv41qhwdcyo1_1280.jpg
316 KB, 1280x859
The genetic variants associated with various cognitive functions are now more understood than ever. In a huge blow to liberal ideologies, the biological foundations of many social differences is being revealed.

A simple genetics test can now give an estimate of 5% of your cognitive ability variance. Which means embryos can be tested and improved right now by a small factor. This predictive ability is likely to improve rapidly.

Futurology BS:
- We can now pinpoint many genetic variants and their effect on cognitive functions.
- We can now test embryos for predicted intelligence and start to select or manipulate them for improvement. With current technology.

SUMMARY
http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/mp201645a.html

The present results make advances in, and encourage much further work on the genetic foundations of cognitive differences. Until recently, GWASs of cognitive functions had provided converging information about their polygenic architecture—especially via SNP-based heritability estimates—and modest power to predict cognitive phenotypes in independent studies. However, they were near-bereft of significant, replicable genetic variants that could be followed-up to understand why some people have more efficient cognitive functioning than others. This drought is ending; work can begin on the genetically driven biological mechanisms of cognitive differences and the biological foundations of the many associations between cognitive abilities and bio-medical, health and social variables.
>>
File: 1460096877260.jpg (66 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1460096877260.jpg
66 KB, 500x625
https://youtu.be/vqMKnFkbKq8?t=920
15:20

Vice did a video on CRISPR with a qt half asian

(note girl pictured is same as OP girl)
>>
>>70337308

1/2 Asian usually can't have green eyes.
>>
>>70337068
Of course. It's not as if evolution stopped at the blood brain barrier out of respect for our modern ideal of equality.

After interacting with abos it's hard not to believe nature can undermine nurture in intelligence.

The surprising thing is that they are allowed to study things that might have offensive outcomes.
>>
>>70337471

They'd have to have an ancestor with blue or green eyes on the Asian side.
>>
>>70337068
She is so naturally pretty
Great look
>>
bump
>>
File: tumblr_lxo5scSP3c1qde0e2o1_500.png (441 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxo5scSP3c1qde0e2o1_500.png
441 KB, 500x587
>>70337471
This is a pretty popular half russian half japanese woman and her eyes are natural.

Seems to be pretty common with half Japanese.
>>
>>70337068
Well, should I just kill myself then? The next generation will have 200 iq's, so what's the point of doing or trying anything? Once everyone becomes super humans life will have no meaning for me.
>>
File: tumblr_nwsyasdu6a1uh0kguo1_500.jpg (73 KB, 420x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwsyasdu6a1uh0kguo1_500.jpg
73 KB, 420x750
China is definitely already engineering "better" humans. Now it's just a choice, does the West want to compete or give up?
>>
>>70339605
True, but most current jobs will be obsolete by automation and AI anyways.

We actually have two competing major methods that will make you obsolete. The thing is both also make the world a "better" place in terms of resources available. Just as long as you aren't purged as waste.
>>
>>70337068
So if i am to have children in lets say a short time span like a year or two i can increase their intelligence a bit with this technique? Will this be viable to me?
>>
>>70340230
Not unless you have enough money to go get it done on the black market.

Right now it's mostly genetic disease prevention. The cheapest way to improve your child is to get a genetic test of yourself and partner to determine carrier statuses.
>>
>>70339774
West is going to have to compete if it wants to stay relevant, no matter how much the butts of liberals are going to hurt.
>>
>>70339479
Btw Her name is Becky and she is half brit not russian.
>>
>>70339905
In that state, what's the point of life? Striving to better oneself and working towards a goal will be replaced by pure genetic determinism.
>>
>>70339774
Weird man like short legs
What her name?
>>
Why the same thread from yesterday?
>>
>>70341123
It's not replaced, you are just more aware of it.

Did you think your soul determined your eye color and brain morphology?
>>
>>70340550
How much are money are we talking about? Where is the black market? China?

But as the technology gets more advanced and cheaper wouldn't it make sense to do this as a standard procedure if there is no down sides to it? A small increase in IQ in the population is a big deal.

And if China where to implement this then i can't see how the rest of the world would not follow.
>>
File: tumblr_o4crkbPQZP1uh0kguo1_500.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4crkbPQZP1uh0kguo1_500.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>70341758
There is tourism to places that do gender selection. Intelligence selection would be brand new so you would have to investigate what could be offered yourself.

You are forgetting the situation in which countries do it in secret to avoid competition and public outcry.

90% of Americans oppose genetic engineering of intelligence.
>>
>>70339774
this, China will embrace embryo selection eugenics "soft genetic engineering" fast because of their culture

imagine a situation where the average Chinese IQ is rapidly rising and is around 170-200 with the 90th percentile in the mid to high 200s

that is 100 of millions of geniuses, economic and military competition will be over, they will completely dominate the west

liberals will 100% ban it instantly and we will keep on getting shitter
>>
>>70342168
Pretty much. Both AI research and Human cognitive enhancement should be considered as the Manhattan project was considered.

Any society which has a massive cognitive advantage will dominate the world easily. Much more so than even nukes offered.

It's an existential race, not a moral choice.
>>
>>70337068
>5% of your cognitive ability variance
WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>70342443
It was 1-2% before and in a short time period raised to 5%.

Being able to take a genetic sample and determine 5% variance in cognitive abilities is a monumental leap in predictive capability. It was not long ago it was near zero.
>>
>>70342168

I hope they grow intelligent enough to force their culture on us. Maybe brilliant Chinese conservatives are the only way things like feminism and racial tolerance will be destroyed.
>>
>>70340652
pretty much this
>>
>>70337068
what's her name again OP?
>>
>>70342168
>>70342368

I don't understand you ppl. If you keep increasing the human IQ to super human levels, life will become meaningless.
>>
>>70344786
IQ correlates with wealth and happiness, albeit at a risk of mental illness.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.