[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this comment on the Star Wars Rouge One trailer. How do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10
File: Star wars rouge one.png (33 KB, 1007x136) Image search: [Google]
Star wars rouge one.png
33 KB, 1007x136
Saw this comment on the Star Wars Rouge One trailer. How do I respond /pol/?
>>
>>70333387
>rouge one
>>
Star Wars has always been shit but that's no excuse for continuing on the path of shitty characters.
>>
>>70333387
>Rouge One
>>
The problem isn't that the movie has a female lead. The problem is that a female got the lead because she is female.
>>
star wars is shit anyway
>>
>>70333387
>he prefers "i rebel" over male leads
>>
>>70333387
the man is pussywhipped and why don't women create a franchise that has global appeal to all demographics instead of being kikes and ruining an established one?
>>
>I rebel
>>
>>70333387
Because Episode 7 is shit. Main female character just magically know how to do everything better than men.
>>
>>70333571
>>70333505
Fuckin' hell
>>
PEOPLE ARENT MAD ITS A WOMEN (well maybe /pol/ is)

ITS SHIT BECAUSE IT THROWS THE CONCEPT OF THE FORCE RIGHT OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW AND TURNS INTO SOME SPLINTERCELLxMISSIONIMPOSSIBLExSTARWARS MOVIE
>>
>>70333387
They are poorly written characters just there to comfort delusional femnazis.
>>
>>70333387
desu maybe if they didn't make every female lead the same character it wouldn't be so boring.
>>
>>70333387
I had a dream that they created a mini-Death Star prototype in this movie and the main character helped destroy it. Not even kidding, in my dream I was so angry I was like Disney stop ruining Star Wars!!!
>>
File: 1454834757607.jpg (49 KB, 662x625) Image search: [Google]
1454834757607.jpg
49 KB, 662x625
>>70333387
>implying Leia wasn't a main character
>>
>>70333575
This and nothing else

Big name movies are about social engineering. Forget everything else
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1333x2000
Miss me yet?
>>
even george didnt make anakin a mary sue and he was the chosen one. i highly doubt you will see the perfect female lead have any sort of flaws
>>
>>70334554
Leia was put into the original story as an integral part with a developed storyline. Her character was written before casting and the starwars story could not exist without her character doing the things she did, she was a smaller part of a larger story, how storytelling should be.

This female lead character was chosen because she is female and they can display only her on posters and slap starwars on the front so that girls who arent real starwars fans have something to relate too and spend money on. This character was created for promotional purposes only to make money off of fools who dont really like starwars and because of it the franchise is completely out of touch with itself. We arent watching star wars anymore, we are watching clickbait the movie.
>>
>>70333387
I might be outing myself as a faggot here but I watch Steven Universe and fucking love it.

It's the creation of SJW's and their imaginary perfect world, except it's not.

The characters are flawed, no one's perfect, and it touches on some very adult themes without being cringy or preachy.

The new Star Wars is straight up pandering on every level with one of my most boring Mary Sue's at the head of the party that I've ever seen.
>>
>>70335563
Talentless hack
>>
>>70336135
>western cartoons
>>>/out/
>>
File: TLmnlhO[1].jpg (28 KB, 454x284) Image search: [Google]
TLmnlhO[1].jpg
28 KB, 454x284
>>70336660
>eastern cartoons
>>
>>70333387
Who gives a shit. Star Wars sucks ass.
>>
It's just another erosion of the female image. We have a main character who is next to flawless and taking on a man's job. This is why men today have a hard time understanding women.

How many special forces are female? How many women go deep undercover into enemy lines? It's fucking bullshit and unrealistic. Women just aren't capable of such things, and if they tried they'd just get raped or cry themselves over halfway there.
>>
>>70333387
But he's right. Having only male leads shouldn't bother SJWs, but it does because they are a bunch of weak minded faggots.

Having only female leads shouldn't bother us. Why? Because you would be no better than they are.

Stop trying to turn this place into reverse tumblr.
>>
>>70337328
My point being, alpha females are an outlier. Stuffing them in Jewlywood movies just furthers an unrealistic image, which feminazis say they're against, but they're not.
>>
>>70333575
/thread
>>
>>70333387

If you don't like this shit - don't pay for it and convince your friends and family not to pay for it. It is the capitalist way.
>>
>>70333387
They made her unbearably god-like in a series that was loved for its nuance of power, not her fault.
>>
>>70333575
I would even mind this if the character wasn't a copypaste of Hunger game main character with a "lol, i'm so edgy and rebel, fuck the system" retarded teenager personality.
Seriously, I feel like the entire intertainment industry decided to copy Katniss when they need a female character.
>>
Fucking bothans where?
>>
>>70333387
Star Wars, not Star Pregnancies
>>
File: 1438089989367.gif (317 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1438089989367.gif
317 KB, 407x405
>>70338931

i know hunger games is shit but did you even watch/read the hunger games. just watching the first one is enough to understand that katniss wasnt "le edgy rebel anarchist". she was just trying to get by under an oppressive society. she wasnt actively fighting the power. she got dragged into the mess. im sorry strong females trigger you so badly but if you want to make comparisons without looking like a woman hating cuck, actually know what you are talking about.
>>
>>70339482
My claim about Hunger Game was only about how the main character look not the personnality.
>>
>>70339482
Should I watch The Hunger Games?

Call me what you want but I've given up looking into anything with female leads as they're almost always shit and I stopped wasting my time.
>>
File: 1410734255979.jpg (126 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1410734255979.jpg
126 KB, 650x650
>>70340023
>how the main character look not the personnality
so she looks like a woman who is in shape? thats literally all she has in common with katniss in looks.
>>
>>70340310

You want strong females?

Robo-Geisha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrKLjoWcbs

You'll thank me later.
>>
Wasn't rogue one supposed to be an elite force and not since shitfaced teenage girl?
>>
>>70340310
1st hunger games is worth watching

The three after are boring and shitty
>>
>>70340310
i saw the first two. they are pretty bad but i didnt mind seeing a strong female lead. its weird how everyone here gets triggered by women so easily. Mad Max is amazing if you want to see a strong female, granted she isnt exactly the lead character. but if woman dont trigger you, you probably already saw it. Also edge of tomorrow was cool for another string female character. dont really know any others worth noting.
>>
>>70333387
>Leia and Padme are not main characters
>listening to stronk wymen archetypes for eight movies is not repetitive
>>
>>70340837
Mulan is probably the most likeable "strong" female lead I can think of, and she was pretending to be a boy.
>>
>>70336660

>not 1999
>liking anime
>>
File: ngbbs4eb7d69ad7b39.jpg (56 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4eb7d69ad7b39.jpg
56 KB, 599x449
>>70339372
Star Whores:
Revenge of the Slit
>>
>>70333387
i fail to see how these idiots dont realize that there's no creativity in making a girl han solo. On top of the fact it's called Rogue One and is nothing to do with Rogue Squadron team .
>>
>>70340342
Let me reformulate.
My problem with the character on the physical level is she basically have the same look/face/haircut than Katniss from Hunger Game. That's not the first time I see this this so I assume Hollywood decided to capitalize on Hunger Game by making every female main character a clone of Katniss.

My other problem is the trailer of Rogue One basically showed this character as "the edgy rebel teenager" and that's sucks for a Star Wars film
>>
>>70341686
Better than whiny teenage rebel
>>
>>70341686
look man its obvious that you dont like woman and thats ok. they dont like you back. but dont you think that there is potential for a "edgy 20 something year old woman rebel" who joins the rebellion to develop into a more complete character. would she be "le edgy rebel" by the end of the movie? i highly doubt it. star wars films are gonna have a high budget and theyre gonna use some of that money to at least not fuck up something as simple as character development. complaining about the "look of the character" now is absolutely autistic
>>
>>70342015
BTW I'm talking about Anakin, the little brat who grows up to be a whiny emo brat, not Luke, the whiny brat who grows up to become a badass
>>
Let see here...

>>70333575
This.
>>70333829
This.
>>70335936
Big THIS on this one.
>>70337328
This too.
>>70338286
>>70340983
And these.

I watched the force awakens last night for the first time, and holy shit, disregarding all the /pol/ rhetoric, it was a really shitty movie. Disregarding the fact that he looked like an actual ape, the whole premise behind Finn was flimsy and lazy, and leave practically no room for character development. The fact that they were both able to use a lightsaber at the same level as a semi-trained sith, not to mention Rey's ability to wield the force without prior knowledge or training to such an extent... This shit just ISN'T starwars.

Cutting through the Female/Minority bullshit, it's still infuriating what they're doing to the franchise.

This is the same bullshit they pulled with GamerGate, people raised real concerns with the direction things were taking, and rather than talk about that, they just accuse everyone of sexism/racism and call it a day. Everyone can see they're doing this shit for profiteering, and it's super lazy, and that's why people are mad, but they're hiding behind political correctness and fans are getting sick of it.
>>
>>70333387
I don't have any issue with a female lead. But let the story and characterization show she's strong instead of shoving down our throats "U GUIZE R GUNNA LUV OUR NEW STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN PROTAG!!!1!"
>>
>implying movies are made based on feels
its literally a business
whatever sells, they do

they made tfa and made money so now theyre gonna take all the elements of it and single them to make stand alone movies hoping to keep bringing money in

so expect:
>more female leads
>more blacks
>more hitler style villains
>more white villains in general

if this shit didnt make money, they wouldnt try it a second time just to spite white males on the internet
>>
>>70335936
>This female lead character was chosen because she is female and they can display only her on posters and slap starwars on the front so that girls who arent real starwars fans have something to relate too and spend money on. This character was created for promotional purposes only to make money off of fools who dont really like starwars and because of it the franchise is completely out of touch with itself.

How can you know any of that without having seen the flick?
>>
>>70342347
I could go on and on about this movie also... The plot was so fucking lazy... I mean it was basically a remake of the episode 4.
>>
COME ON.................
>>
>>70333387
> I agree, let's make Tomb Raider a man, since it's been a woman for so long
> B-b-but... we can't do that
>>
You do know that she's probably gonna die right?

It's cannon that "many" spies died to get the plans, the main movies are taking place some good distance in the future. I really doubt anyone at disney is going to bring her back aged up to slightly younger than mom of an adult child levels.

Either that or it's a backdoor way to jumpstart a new Star Wars expanded universe series in the early years. Could be good-ish, think less Katniss and more Darker Sci-fi Kim Possible crossed with Rogue Squadron.
>>
>>70342178
but that difference was intentional. anakin was supposed to be a whiny emo bitch. a tortured soul who is convinced that its him vs. the world. its why the dark side was so appealing to him. it offered him the freedom and power he wanted. he didnt have to bury his feelings and he would only answer to sidious until it came his turn to become master. luke was not a whiny emo bitch and therefore the light side appealed to him. he didnt need power and an absolute lack of responsibility to others.
>>
>>70333387

People shouldn't be worried about a female lead. Non-issue.

People should be worried about the fact that it'll probably be a mediocre movie at best.
>>
>>70333387
God damn what the fuck happens to someone in their childhood to turn them into this much of a self hating faggot?
>>
>>70342347

I watched it for the first time last night too.

Holy shit. Random storm troopers are apparently able to hold their own in light saber duels with sith lords.

It's laughable.
>>
>>70342347
> wield the force without prior knowledge or training to such an extent... This shit just ISN'T starwars
did you even watch a new hope? they destroyed the death star because luke managed to connect to the force without any real training. i hate the pc bullshit being pushed too but the force awakens was not that bad. im sorry that you fell for the "episode 7 is gonna awful because le woman hating, jews are le ebil" meme.
>>
>>70333387
>Ross
>>
>>70343393
There's a big gap between "skilled pilot becoming slightly more skilled" and "random sand woman duels a sith, outflies Han in the Falcon and mind controls a guard"
>>
>>70342347
>as a semi-trained sith
You're right about everything else, but he's not a Sith.
>>
>>70343770
rey was already heavily into tech. its how she survived. its not a very large gap that she would be able to pilot the falcon given that the falcon is also outdated as fuck. so much star wars lore indicates that the force can be used by gifted force users to some extent even when just discovering their gift. i know it may seem a little lazy but thats the force/fate/god. the gap you imagine isnt there man.
>>
>>70343266
I thought his "change of heart" introduction was one of the laziest plot devices for introducing a character I've seen in a long time. He switches sides for ethical reasons, and in the next scene he's murdering his former comrades with no remorse.

You add in the racial aspect of it and it takes on a whole new meaning as well.

>>70343393
Did you even watch the original starwars? Luke was taken under the wing by Obi Wan before he did ANYTHING and was receiving training from him LONG before the deathstar scene.
On top of that, he was using the force in an intuitive way, not a direct way like with the Jedi mind trick, or FUCKING MOVING SHIT telekinesis style.
In TFA she has NO interaction with force users, no formal training. The ONLY argument you could make, is that the interaction with the saber, and the "battle of the minds" scene with the sith dude unlocked some shit in her... But even then it's a stretch. She (without even knowing it's possible to do so) uses the Jedi Mind trick to free herself. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief on that one, I am! Even Obi Wan said it was a parlor trick and easy as shit to do... But at the crescendo of the movie, SHE OVERPOWERS THE SITH GUY TO GRAB LUKE'S OLD LIGHTSABER USING THE FORCE, which she is UNTRAINED IN vs a guy WHO AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE STOPPED A FUCKING BOLT OF LIGHT AND HELD IT SUSPENDED IN MID AIR FOR MINUTES WHILE CASUALLY HOLDING CONVERSATION.

I realize he was injured at that point, but I'm sorry, that's bullshit and goes against the original starwars franchises depiction of the Force.
>>
>>70342347
>it was a really shitty movie
that's all there is to say, and it's the 4th shitty movie in a row, in a franchise of 7 movies. They've killed it, star wars is dead.
>>
>>70344097
>so much star wars lore indicates that the force can be used by gifted force users to some extent even when just discovering their gift.

Look man, I'm willing to buy this, children are shown to be using the force. But what I'm not willing to buy is that a novice force user can outperform users who are trained and well versed in its use, it's inconsistent with the universe, and it's bad storytelling.
>>
>>70344201
the storyline of the prequels is actually interesting and added hugely to the dimentions of the universe, the workings of politics etc. and even connected to modern happenings in the american republic. It had something beyond just good and evil.

Revenge of the Sith elicits the biggest emotional reaction out of me of any star wars movie, though it would be better without "Noooooooooo". And because I like art that makes me think or brings out an emotional response in me, I think III is the best movie.

VII does absolutely nothing for me, actually it makes me pissed that Disney rejected Lucas' ideas for a stupid rehash of IV that makes no sense
>>
>>70333387

By saying it is unrealistic. In virtually every imaginable indicator, women are weaker than men. I don't know why that is crazy for feminists to understand, evolution was different for men and women. Men were expected to be hunters, women were gatherers and nurturers. It is simple as that.

The fact they expect a a 5'3" women, at most a buck 10 lbs, with no apparent strength to be this badass is ridiculous. Me, and both of my sisters, played division 1 lacrosse. My oldest sister, is a freak for a girl in terms of weight lifting and athletic ability, works out every day, and is 5'5". I'm only 5'8", focused more on skill than weight training, and was a meager in terms of how many reps I could. I was having a party once at my house and my older sister wanted it to end. I refused and she punched me in the face. Barely hurt, and I overpowered her easily. While I'm sure she could kick another girls ass, and maybe a shorter manlet then myself. She doesn't stand a chance against a larger man.

This is why it is ridiculous. In the real world women to not have the ability to fight grown men
>>
Saw this post about TFA 1/2

>That's not the problem with Rey. It's not that she beats the odds or that she has special abilities. She is just overly competent on a, and this is important, IMMERSION BREAKING level.
>We know the the vague rules of Star Wars and and we know the laws of the universe and we know how other characters compare (which is why Mary Sue's are usually fan fiction characters, because they just completely shit on everything that was set in the fictional universe)
>Here let me give you an example:
>A good skill of Rey is that she's tech savvy. She is a scavenger hunting for scrap parts, so of course she knows how technology and electronic parts work. What doesn't make sense is that she can shoot her way out of Storm Troopers (who finally appear as competent in this movie) with a locked gun AND without knowing how to actually use a gun, while the Storm Troopers keep missing.
>Finn doesn't know how to fight with a Light Saber properly, which makes sense and he got a little better with it when he fought Ren, but it still wasn't enough. Then Rey picks up the Light Saber and immediately starts fighting like she's been weilding Light Sabers all her life.
>Then there's the whole force shit. Yeah the force is powerful within her, but even for people who have a powerful force affinity they need to learn how to control it. Luke needed two entire movies to become proficient with the force and STILL was too weak. Anakin got a full Jedi training and was STILL too weak to beat Obi Wan. Rey breaks the immersion here by immediately becoming a force expert simply by closing her eyes for 5 seconds. It's just bullshit.
>Then there's the fact that every character immediately loves her. Han, who generally doesn't trust people, instantly offers her to make her his second officer. Chewie loves her DESPITE NEVER EVEN HAVE INTERACTED WITH HER (leaving aside that Chewbacca is also a character who generally doesn't like strangers)
>>
>>70344895 2/2

>The reason you can't invest into Rey is because everything about her is predictable.
>In the next movie we already know Luke will absolutely adore her (maybe because she's his daughter, Luke actually HAS a reason to adore her, but since the rest of the cast does so too, it will feel just like another addition to the Rey fanclub)
>She's already beaten Kylo Ren, she will only be even more overpowered when she receives proper training from Luke.
>Of course the movie will need to compensate that by making Snoke an even more threatening villain, but this is the problem: We already know how the movie's are going to be because "Rey needs to be a badass everyone loves" is actually a universe rule now. It bends around her. The entire movie universe will revolve around what Rey will do instead of actually feeling like an universe filled with characters independent from each other.
>And it's not like Snoke or powered up Ren will even pose a threat to powered up Rey.
>We already know that she's such a badass she will never need help from anybody and if anything she'll storm in to save Luke's and Finn's ass.
>All the next movies are just gonna be a parade about how strong and cool Rey is. She will never have struggle that feels real and she will never have any character to her. She's just there to be a wish fulfillment character.
>And that's it, if they continue to portray her in the next films as they did in the TFA, she will never seem real.
>>
>>70344132
you obviously have no knowledge on the lore of star wars. if you really did see the originals, if not you may have caught it in TFA. the force surrounds penetrates and binds the galaxy together. i know its lazy to say because the force, but that really is what it is. the force which is a metaphor for god/fate is being used as a tool. you gotta be able to understand what that means.a tool such as that could enable rey to feel kylo's intention. predict movement, any number of things. also luke's training under obiwan consisted of feeling the force. something rey was playing with on her own. you could say she was her own obiwan since that is the only training he offered luke. luke and rey are on more or less even ground when destroying the death star/holding your own against a dark APPRENTINCE
>>
File: 1381978942617.jpg (66 KB, 563x598) Image search: [Google]
1381978942617.jpg
66 KB, 563x598
>>70333829
2bh i don't really care about that, you are a mental invalid if you think star wars lore from any source isn't fucking awful

i say this as a star wars nerd

i just hope the character isn't just "dr. mothma i'm rebel" and nothing else
>>
>>70339482
I have no interest in reading young adult Sci fi thank you very much.
>>
>>70340837
Mad max is kind of overrated. A lot of it was good, yes but there was also a lot of bad that I think people just seem to forget or ignore. Most of the bad involved the brides. I also disliked some of the more cheesy shit like the guy playing guitar and obvious 3D moments.
>>
>>70344132

Kek, when I watched it I just ended up yelling "you fucking traitor!" at the television. It was the casual way he abandoned everything that threw me off. Makes me wonder if there isn't a scene or two that got left on the cutting room floor which might have explained it better than "it's just the right thing to do" fucking lazy fucking writing bullshit.
>>
>>70344468
but its not. consider using the force, something that is everywhere holding the galaxy together, as a tool. a tool like that would give you access to power beyond reason. force users are exactly that. people who use the force, they dont create it or decide the intentions of the force. in a moment of fate, if the force needed rey to survive, then it would influence her to survive. seeing as rey is gifted, also by intention of the force, rey is able to use her ability to survive. i doubt rey could continuously run at kylo(test fate), and hold her own without real training.
>>
>>70333387
> At least they're not NIGGERZ!!!
>>
>>70345122
the force is a metaphor for the author being able to be a lazy asshole and say "thing happens because"

you can hand wave it as fate but don't try and spin it as not being shitty writing

pretty much every star wars story that has to do with jedi and wasn't KOTOR 2 is fucking awful
>>
>>70340661
>supposed to be
You mean before Disney paid billions for the right to legally shit all over the established universe, then yes.
>>
>>70345526

I thought that, plus the resulting memes, were the redeeming parts of Mad Menstruator. Weren't the real weaknesses the nonsensical plot and the flat, static characters?
>>
>>70341500
It may very well be about the actual Rogue Squandron team because I don't think Disney can create a truly original Star Wars plot.

However, while the real plot and story is going on, the camera will magically be focused only on our new Mary Sue saving the day in the background (at first) until everyone realizes how amazing she is so she can save the day in the foreground in as many created-for-future-video-games opportunities as possible
>>
>>70345801
ok. so dont watch something that uses fate to heavily influence the plot. simple. im sorry you cant into story immersion
>>
File: 1457466905883.png (168 KB, 395x424) Image search: [Google]
1457466905883.png
168 KB, 395x424
>>70333387
You know, I really thought the black guy was more of the lead in Episode VII. He seemed like more of a regular guy that the audience was supposed to relate with.
>>
>>70333575
This

Don't forget they made the last one a Mary Sue. I just hope they don't do the same for this one.
>>
>>70333788
It's funny because Finn was 10 times better
>>
>>70346118
i could handle it if 90% of star wars stories didn't fucking hinge on the force being the only reason the main characters actually succeed

it gets old real fast, and the fact that Knights 2 is the only story that actually seems to acknowledge the fact that the force is actually fucking with everyone to keep the galaxy in a constant state of conflict is really telling that star wars writers almost universally have no fucking idea how to write anything good
>>
>>70340837
Alien, Aliens and Kill Bill were also pretty good.
>>
>>70333575
Proofs?
>>
>>70337673
But are alpha females only outliers because society has taught them that being submissive is better? I understand fully how these new movies can be seen as social engineering, but you can't deny that it has been going on for centuries in the reverse light, where men are taught to be heroic and brave, and women are taught to be good cooks and wives to thier man. Maybe these movies are long over due and can change how we view the opposite sex. Not as superior or inferior, just different.
>>
Black guy was ok. I actually enjoyed his character. Girl was too perfect at everything. I couldn't relate at all.
>>
>>70333387
The problem is the female lead is classic masculine macho character only played by a woman and not a genuine strong female character like Ripley is.
>>
>>70346139
Thats was 100% the point of his character despite it being a total failure and horribly written into the story
>>
>>70345851
That too. It was only really good on a visual level I thought.

Tom Hardy's accent was fucking abysmAl I'm glad he barely spoke
>>
>>70333387
Don't respond, it's not worth the energy.

Put some time into figuring out how to screw Hillary instead.
>>
>>70333961
You mean a strong womyn who don't need no man that has no obvious vulnerability?

I guess we'll throw it on the pile with the rest of the trash
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 205x245) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 205x245
>>70333387
Just saw it last week and that lightsaber fight at the end was so fucking lame.
It was like they were swinging glow in the dark lead pipes at each other, was the worst part of an already not very good movie
>>
>>70333387
No one cares about this cunt the movie is just utterly shit
I never saw this garbage not even the trailer and knew it would be shit tier story with retard plot
>>
>>70342884
But in ROTJ Luke was tending towards dark, that's why he wears all black and fights with anger against Vader at the end. This was Sidious' plan, he was OK with being killed by Luke because he knew that doing so would make Luke not Just a Dark Jedi, but a Sith. It would have ended up with Vader being the Sith Lord and Luke being his apprentice. Meanwhile force ghost Palpatine is all "Just as pranned".

Instead, Vader kills Sheev to save his son in a selfless act which restores him to the light and saves Luke's soul from the dark side. What was important was that Vader killed Sidious out of love for his son, not out of anger at Palpatine.
>>
>>70345122
>you obviously have no knowledge on the lore of star wars. if you really did see the originals, if not you may have caught it in TFA. the force surrounds penetrates and binds the galaxy together. i know its lazy to say because the force, but that really is what it is. the force which is a metaphor for god/fate is being used as a tool. you gotta be able to understand what that means.a tool such as that could enable rey to feel kylo's intention. predict movement, any number of things. also luke's training under obiwan consisted of feeling the force. something rey was playing with on her own. you could say she was her own obiwan since that is the only training he offered luke. luke and rey are on more or less even ground when destroying the death star/holding your own against a dark APPRENTINCE
Oh I know all about the Force and what it means etc. However, up until this point, as far as I'm aware, it takes some kind of effort to wield the force beyond feeling/intuition of it. Leia is force sensitive for instance, but she cannot move shit with her mind, maybe with training she could.

Maybe if they had shown a scene where Rey was playing around with moving things, or accidentally did something and it caused an object to move or some shit... But no. She rapidly develops from non-force user, to using full on Jedi level force techniques, within the last half hour of the movie. I'm willing to buy the feeling thing on her being able to hold her own in a duel with this guy (apprentice still means he received formal training)... But the part where she uses the force to snatch Luke's saber? Common man, just admit that it was pretty bullshit, especially combined with the rest of the movie.

And your argument does nothing to defend the Ape holding his own in a saber battle with this guy - unless you want to use that as a counter argument to display the sith apprentice's poor saber skills.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.