[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this election change all elections after this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 2000x1000
With the way elections are currently looking. Do you think the idea of a third party is a bad idea? Pls give a valid argument on why you think this.
>>
>>70321269

I realize you have been stuck in a 2 party system for over a century, but is it really all that hard to imagine new political parties on the political stage?

It works in Europe why wouldn't it work in America?
>>
>>70321269
>>70321824
270 electoral votes needed for presidency make more than two parties impractical. Third party could take smaller offices, but only party loyalists vote in those elections. The only way a third party can thrive in America is when one dies. There can only be two.
>>
I hope you don't turn into us and have 5+ parties who don't agree ruling the country
>>
Honestly, I like the idea of a third party. This election is really bringing to lite how different it is between high class, middle class, and low class citizens.
>>
>>70322210
Well this is why I am curious about this topic.
>>
>>70322210
Do you think that is worse than 2 parties who agree to be shills for corporate interests in power forever?
>>
>>70322456
I honestly think none of the systems really work
look at france they have 3 relevant parties and 2 of the will do anything to keep the third one out even if it means stepping out of the race in certain departments
the grass is always greener but in the end you'll always lose
>>
>>70321269
It's now become very clear that there's a huge divide between the Rust Belt and the Northwestern states and the rest of the country. You'll have to figure out how to deal with that issue before it becomes more serious.
>>
>>70321269
Another problem is that winner take all voting makes a third party non-viable in the US. It makes voters reluctant to vote for any third party because they don't believe that party can win and don't want to be a spoiler for whichever of the two remaining parties they prefer over the other.
>>
If anything, this election, and the fact that Trump (formerly Reform Party) and Sanders (a Commie) can run, has shown that the two big parties cover a lot of ideological ground.

The control of their elites, however, is a different issue.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.