[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Customers downloaded 2686 terabytes of data - equal to 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
>Customers downloaded 2686 terabytes of data - equal to 3.4 million HD movies - up 46 per cent from 1841 terabytes downloaded on a previous free data day offered on February 14.

>"We were really pleased with the way the network performed given this absolute tsunami of data," Ms McKenzie said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/31269708/telstra-free-data-day-downloads-sydney-man-makes-nearly-one-terabyte-of-downloads/

If you tolerate data caps you're a fucking KEK. For home internet we get unlimited data usage by DEFAULT in NL. Can't imagine having a data cap... it seems so... third-world, primitive, 90s, useless. If they introduced data caps in NL people would legit riot. We tolerate a lot of fucking shit from our politicians mostly because of things like our comfy internet, lel.
>>
>>70309276
Data caps are bullshit. Their networks have some huge pipes in them. Data is literally just electrons. They could uncap it permanently without seeing any slowdown whatsoever
>>
I dl at 2mps so even if I had a data cap I'd never run into it.
Back in my day we dl'd at 56k and we liked it. You newfags don't know what it was like.
>>
>>70309276
My provider (Cox) has a "data cap" of 300gigs I believe?. But I have gone over it numerous times and they do nothing about it.
>>
>>70309276
>we remain a bunch of indifferent sheep because our overlords placate us with the sweet broadband heroin
It's like I'm home.
>>
>>70309276
What is a free data day? Are there unfree data days?

Aeound here I can download as much shit as I want and I do that. Prop around 1 terabyte a month.
>>
>>70309463

If anything, this free data day shows that it'd be the way to go. If their network can handle the surge pike this just fine then it's perfectly capable of handling unlimited data normally.
>>
No data caps on mobile networks? sure thing buddy. """unlimited"""
>>
All you need is a bigger truck.
>>
>>70311109
ISP offers unlimited data for customers for 1 day of the month, then caps get reinstated afterwards again.

>>70310411
Mate, if everybody in the world had free access to internet like this, we'd have world piece. No fucking ISIS would want to destroy something as enjoyable as that.
>>
>>70311109
What is your speed and how much do you pay per month?
>>
>>70309463

>They could uncap it permanently without seeing any slowdown whatsoever

Wrong. With the amount of people using wireless internet without data caps there would be a massive slowdown in services. We are a spread out nation we don't have the benefit of places with populations of 30 60 million in countries the size of Massachusetts.

Also data caps are definitely in place so the NSA/CSS can track all internet activity.
>>
>>70310411
>cut off the broadband internet and people will riot against Putin
Nice meme, but it's not going to happen. Russians will just start to guzzle that sweet sweet authoritarian cock even deeper.
>>
>>70310131
Can confirm with Cox
I host two servers in my home office
>>
>>70311818
>With the amount of people using wireless internet without data caps there would be a massive slowdown in services.

That only goes for wireless uses. No fucking reason any direct land line users should suffer, who literally CAN use more fucking data in a single day than the entirety of the world's computers contained in 1995... without slowing down the internet.
>>
>>70309276
LOL we never had data caps. In fact noone here even knows what a data cap is. But then again, we never even had a simlocks on our mobile providers. People have no idea what it is. Get on our level west europe, dont be so cucked.
>>
>>70309276

This was for a phone network dum dum.
>>
>>70315214

In addition my phone connection was fucking crawling that day because so many cunts were downloading.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.