[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /pol/ believe in an after-life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Does /pol/ believe in an after-life?
>>
File: memedog.jpg (30 KB, 489x520) Image search: [Google]
memedog.jpg
30 KB, 489x520
it's possible, but i doubt it
>>
>>70296030
Marriage.
>>
This is the afterlife. The sins and virtues of your father's are inherited by living in a better or worse society. If your ancestors were Christian, its likely you live in a Christian cultured society of incredibly low crime and the threat of domestic invasion almost infinitesimal. That is the kingdom of heaven.
>>
>>70296030
no but we do believe in anglo inbreeding
>>
>>70296357
Why should it be possible? Which evidence points towards a spirit body duality?

It's IMPOSSIBLE.
end of story.
>>
>>70301472
It's possible that there is and possible that there isn't, we don't have enough information to know either. Anyone who claims to know with certainty what happens to us after we die is either a liar or a fool because we can't know.

I don't think there's anything though.
>>
No.

If you do you are delusional.
>>
it's just a cycle. never ending death & birth, perpetual torture. the only way out is to obliterate yourself. enlightenment is suicide.
>>
>>70296030
Read a book called 'A New Earth'. It's alright - some interesting ideas. (I prefer stoic texts though in terms of books about life)

It mentions how heaven and hell are a mentality rather than a place.

E.G. if you do not commit murder in your heart (hate others), if you don't steal, if you don't covet, you are far more likely to not suffer than if you did

So heaven is more the absence of suffering, and hell is of course suffering.

This draws a lot of parallels to Eastern Religion, and stoicism
>>
>>70304179
so I should kill myself? cool
>>
>>70296030

It's too hard to explain. Yes and no.

People on both sides sperg out way too much about this. It's more complicated than "this vs that".
>>
>>70296030
no
>>
>>70304240
Exactly

Language is limited to our experience - so how can we express our thoughts about something we haven't experienced such as the after life?

Like trying to imagine a new colour
>>
>>70296030
No. If all the evidence I get is an apocryphal text insisting upon the existence of such, then no. It doesn't make sense.

If god is real, kill me now.

Still here.
>>
>>70304240
I don't know. I think its pretty logical to say there is no afterlife. I think its just part of human evolution to not want to die but because humans are so smart and can understand that they will die we have created a way in our heads to never truly die.
>>
>>70296030
I do. Fuck Dawkins sideways with an iron-staff.
>>
>>70304313

God said He wouldn't do that.
>>
>>70296030

No

Just..."nothing", like dreamless sleep.

Sounds nice, really.
>>
>>70296030
Yeah.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.