[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk marriage/Marriage general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: sdfghj.jpg (80 KB, 634x791) Image search: [Google]
sdfghj.jpg
80 KB, 634x791
1) Since marriage was originally a religious sacrament, why do non-religious people get married? Other than maybe needing a legal document that gives a false sense of fidelity.
Women are more likely to cheat than men, and it's the man who proposes after all. Maybe it gives men a sense of guarantee? Especially if the partner is smoking hot.

2) How more likely will marriage still exist once religion deteriorates from society?

3) Is marriage redpill or bluepill?

4) Last but not least, why aren't you married?
>>
>>70295909
How about we don't since it's off topic
Marriage is not political in any way and hasn't been for generations(since royals married their kids off for allies and whatnot
Therefore it does not belong here
>>
>>70296088
fuck off

>>70295909
marriage has been co opted by secular governments in the west, in the US it confers some kind of tax reduction usually doesnt mean shit because the couple files together
>>
>>70295909
1. Because the woman wants to drop $30,000 on a party dedicated to her own ego.
2. Non-existent. Top-tier alphas will breed, the rest of us will work as slaves. Women will breed and fornicate with the alphas exclusively.
3. Red-pilled in the traditional sense. (1 man + 1 woman, no divorce, no remarriage.)
4. I'm a useless beta faggot.
>>
>>70296088
The institution of marriage is indeed political. So fuck off.

>>70296191
So is it just a legal thing in the west?
>>
should i marry this qt catholic girl (im also catholic) that is from the country and holds traditional values? shes honestly a good person and takes care of me amd cooks/cleans

the catch? she was married before to a douche who used her to pay through college and cheated the whole time, and he would beart her until one day she up and left
>>
>>70295909
>Since marriage was originally a religious sacrament
Marriage is a financial institution. I don't know where you got that religion invented it.
>>
>>70296411
How much do you trust her with half your earnings
>>
>>70296447
Marriage = monogamy

Monogamy = religion
>>
>>70296556
id trust her but she also is big about keeping our own accounts
>>
>>70296684
Separate accounts are one thing. But if you get divorced without a prenup then that's all off the table. Lawyers will vulture everything.
>>
Arranged marriage is real marriage, dating/romance based marriages are superficial and this is why the west has fallen apart.

The decline in marriage rates started long before the 60's
>>
>>70296615
Wnat?
>>70296834
This, exactly.
>>
>>70296991
Monogamy is a religious practice. We wouldn't be monogamous without it.

>>70296411
Followup: how long have yall been together?
>>
>>70297140
Or I should say, was originally a religious practice.
>>
>>70295909
Women want the advantage of a stable provider.
Men want the advantage of not being cucked.

But they expect to uphold these values without sharing the moral code of various religions. In the beginning this may have worked but not any more since the lack of any moral standard, they also lack the dedication and appreciation required to keep a stable marriage.
>>
>>70297530
Most accurate response yet. God I hate these times anon. Nothing but thots.
>>
Also nobody on 4chan should EVER marry.

for the good of society
>>
>>70295909
>1) Since marriage was originally a religious sacrament, why do non-religious people get married? Other than maybe needing a legal document that gives a false sense of fidelity.
>Women are more likely to cheat than men, and it's the man who proposes after all. Maybe it gives men a sense of guarantee? Especially if the partner is smoking hot.

Tax and legal benefits. And societal pressure.

>2) How more likely will marriage still exist once religion deteriorates from society?

As long as the tax and legal benefits stay.

>3) Is marriage redpill or bluepill?

redpilled for the low earner, bluepill for the high earner

>4) Last but not least, why aren't you married?

I am a high earner.
>>
>>70297799
What if you met your wife on 4hcan
>>
>>70297966
4chan**
>>
>>70297948
perfect example of why it was ultimately capitalism and industrial society that ruined marriage
>>
>>70295909

Religious people and wealthy people with estates/monarchies/inheritances live and die by their formal personal unions. Becomes institutionalized in law to accommodate their requirements.

Female rights -> sexual revoultion & freedom from universal economic dependency lessens the need for formal sexual unions and property rights to each others' stuff. Marriage becomes a social statement about voluntary bonding & electing commitment.

Social justice warriors want to take over and own marriage as a social/legal institution and have legal recourse to punish and persecute publicly religious people who continue to view marriage through the requirements of their religion. Now that SJWs have claimed marriage as a social & legal status institution, they want to be able to punish anyone who defines marriage differently.
>>
>>70295909

1. I and wife are atheist buy cultural Christians, we believe in preserving the traditions of our anceators .

2.I think we will see a return to the right and common sense so traditional things will re emerge as dominant ... I hope.

3. Both, my wife and I got married on about £1.2k. We invited only immediate family and close friends, did all the cooking and cake etc ourselves. It was a marriage cus we wanted to do something our ancestors had done for generations before. Happily married 5 years so far.

4. I am married, not much changes once you are married but I'm happy I did it.
>>
>>70298933
See if I were to get married, that's exactly the kind of wedding I want
>>
>>70295909
>Why do religious people get married.
It's the legal side of shit. Insurance, presumption of inheritance (unless explicitly stated otherwise), power of attorney when you're incapacitated. Shit like that.

>2) How more likely will marriage still exist once religion deteriorates from society?
Fairly likely due to the legal reasons I listed above. It may not be called marriage, but it will be the same thing, legally.

>3) Is marriage redpill or bluepill?
Neither. And it's not romantic, either. It's a legally-binding contract. Nothing more.

>4) Last but not least, why aren't you married?
I am.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.