[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm taking a foreign language in the fall. What in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9
>I'm taking a foreign language in the fall.

What in your opinion would be the best to take?
I was about to learn German until I heard about those houses of rightwingers being raided.
I don't really have any career goals regarding the language so maybe just the most viable during the European race-war.
I've narrowed it down to
>a nordic language because of my ancestral ties
>Polish
>Russian
Could some Poles and Russians give me insights on the pros and cons of each language? I'm kind of apprehensive about all the Scandi-land languages since they're turning into uber cucks.
>>
GRZEGORZ BRZĘCZYSZCZYKIEWICZ
CHRZĄSZCZYRZEWOSZCZYCE POWIAT ŁĘKOŁODY
>>
Your going to want to be able to communicate with the locals if you ever go to Europe, so Arabic.
>>
Why not French?

Anyway, of those choices, I'd say Russian would be the most useful. I can't give much detail since I haven't studied Slavic languages.
>>
Learn finnish, the hardest language in the world.
>>
>>70294761
nice dog language you got there, Chuck Hunyak
>>
>>70294683
I can speak German and Arabic(I work as an Imam in western speaking Mosques) and I used Arabic MORE than I used my german and I visited most western European countries last fall

So Arabic will be your best bet for travelling to Europe
>>
Hungarian ;) live with us in a decent but white life
>>
Given that you're a Canadian, you're best off learning Mandarin.
>>
>>70294683
Learn Mandarine or Cantaloupe
>>
>>70294683
>Ancestral ties
>1/1400000 nordic
>Bottom scum Canadian
>Topkek
>>
>canadian
learn english
>>
>>70294683
>Nordic language
>lists Slavic languages
fucking leafs man
>>
>>70294683
Japanese so you can watch anime without subs
>>
Auch du lieber!!!!
>>
File: ficki.jpg (86 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
ficki.jpg
86 KB, 700x400
>>70294849
>why not french?
do you even have to ask frog?
>>70294909
pic related
>>70294812
>>70294982
>he thinks arabs aren't going to be expelled in under 50 years
>>70295017
Please tell me more.
>>70295021
>>70295054
>shin, sHin, shIn, shiN
nty f.am
>>70295159
try half with a dash of brit/abo
>tfw government gives me buku bucks and I look like Sven Svenson
>>70295395
maybe I should learn burger.
>>70295512
wow, the reading comprehension on some of these burgers man.
>>70295762
>I don't like anime.
>>
>>70294683
If i were you i would learn either russian or icelandic.
With either of those as your base you will be able to move on to other slavic/germanic languages. This mainly due to their similar sentence structure/ proper word order (nonexistant, meaning of sentence is decided by the declension of the noun/verb/adjective/etc), for example in Rusian you can say the phrase "i love you" in 6 different ways only using those 3 words.
Source: know 7 languages, 3 of them being from northern Europe.
>>
>508 million cucks cucked by us Brits
Feels good
>>
>>70296213
>Asks for help
>Complains about responses

Obviously you have already made the choice on what language you want to learn.
>>
>>70296862
Obviously I narrowed it down and don't care about your shitposting.
Come back when you have a proxy.
>>
It really depends on what you'e interested in. Japanese could be helpful for somethings but would be useless for others. I would recommend either Polish, German, or Russian. Most people are going to speak English nowadays so just go with what you're interested in, what culture you like, and what'll keep you focused for the long run.
>>
File: 1455979425879.png (111 KB, 1026x1234) Image search: [Google]
1455979425879.png
111 KB, 1026x1234
>>70296346
>priding oneself on civilisating animals
>not just killing them and making room for our people

This planet coudl have literally been ours if old grandad didn't fuck around trying to be god with his Empire -- having kikes in our Nation never helped either.
>>
>>70296213
The wages are pretty bad, but the cost of living are pretty low too. If you are qualified to get a job at a higher level at a foreign company you can live the life of a king here. Girls are beautiful and they likes foreigners. You have to get used to the eastern European mentality, but if you can it can be a heaven for you
>>
I would go with russian. It's a whole lot to learn, but you'll get to use it if you ever go to Russia (which you should - Moscow and S:t Petersburg are beautiful cities). However, if you're not planning on visiting any slavic countries, I would say either either french or spanish, since both are widely used outside of their own countries.
>>
And unerelated to the language question - Finland has a strict immigration policy. The picture you have is satire on the green party in Finland, which is concidered to be too liberal regardig immigration. They are in the opposition and haven't really accomplished anything durinf the last years.
>>
>>70294683
I don't know what's the point of lerning some irrelevant language like Polish.
Even if you lern it in satisfying you level (which will be ordeal) you will eventually forget it if you have no one to talk with.

In your place I would choose German it's way easier especially for english speaker.
>>
>>70294683
Dutch If you want to learn an easy language, French if you want to learn a useful language (That is also fairly easy as far as languages are concerned)
>>
Learn italian man.

> beautiful language
> easy to learn (you'll be fluent in 1 or 2 years)
> high demand for italian products (food, fashion, etc) all over the world (-> easy to get a job in importation)
> chicks dig it
>>
Polish or Russian is irrelevant except if you want to spend 20 years in of these countries. German or French and you will find a ton more litterature.
>>
I learned German because I was NatSoc before I even knew what /pol/ was. I travel to Europe often and honestly it's not needed. Most Germans know English fluently and non-Germans in Europe prefer to speak English over German.

Russian is very hard to learn as an english speaker because the alphabet is different and you have to conjugate nouns and shit, where most english speakers have a hard time understanding to do that with verbs
>>
>>70294683
If you're not familiar with the subject of grammatical cases, you should learn them if you want to learn any language like Polish or Russian. It means the endings of the noun and adjectives attached to the noun change depending on its position in the sentence. For example, when speaking of a teacher (nauczyciel) in Polish:

As subject: Nauczyciel uczy klasę.
As direct object: Widzę nauczyciela.
As indirect object: Daję nauczycielowi pióro.
As a possessor of something: Jest to klasa tego nauczyciela.
Calling out to someone/thing: O, nauczycielu!
As an instrument of something (probably rare for people, but just an example): Uczę się najlepiej nauczycielem.
As a location of something (also probably rare): Chuj ucznia jest w nauczycielu.

I studied Polish a long time ago, so there may be a mistake. This is just for examples. You have to learn a separate set of endings for not only the plurals, but also the two other genders (feminine and neuter) and their plurals. Russian is not that much different, though I think it lacks a vocative case (when you call out to someone).
>>
>>70294683
Don't learn Polish if you're not gonna spend much time in Poland
>>
>>70294683

depends on what are your reasons to learn language. what are they?
>>
>>70294683
Russian, Korean,Japanese, Mandarin.
>>
>>70294683
I'd learn French. Ignoring chink and Poo in Loo speak. It's the next most common language next to Spanish. You can travel in several European countries and former territories if you know French.
>>
>>70294683

your pic related is hilariously bullshit, OP

would like to know where you got it so I can blacklist the site

> pro-hint: English alone is spoken by over 1.5 billion people

Even as a graphic for "language as primary/first language" it still is laughable w/ 145 mil Russian ... that's the exact population of Russia, and there are tens of millions outside Russia that speak Russian as their primary/first language.

Russians, BTW, will inform you that Russian is the first and only language of the world, because Russians invented language. If you think Russian is a viable language, then you should immigrate to Russia and get the full flavor experience of living amongst and being a vodka nigger.

In Europe (that is: EUROPE, not RUSSIA), you'll want German and French, race war or not. On top of top-tier English, so make sure you keep studying English at the international, high academic level.

Unless, of course, you want to suck vodka nigger dick .. in which case, just move to Moscow and suck vodka nigger dick. The language is about as elegant as listening to someone try to speak with a mouth full of dick anyway, so that's probably the best path for you tbqh, faggot.
>>
I know a fair amount of a few languages but I've never taken any of them seriously enough to become fluent in any of them. Still can't decide, so I guess I'll never be fluent in anything else.
>>
>>70294683

Here's some stuff i've found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3HA6ZymG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdWlspF3B2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NCF1fRbqlc
>>
>>70294683
Classical greek or latin 2bh.
>>
>>70294683

Does anyone else see a number 7 in OPs pic or am I just colourblind?
>>
>>70294683
Just learn Hungarian m8, it's easy, I swear :^)
>>
>>70302278
>because Russians invented language
Do Russians really believe this?
>>
File: 1443127701509.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443127701509.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>70304773
I love you guys bot your language is so fucking weird to me.

Like from another planet.
>>
File: 1442710084565.png (189 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1442710084565.png
189 KB, 500x375
>>70304578
>Furious Pete is Polish.
haha oh wow.
>>
>>70294683
mando u fucking cunt
>>
Slavic languages are very flexible. They can be very inventive. But if you're intuitive. And that's the worst part. If you're not used to any of Slavic languages they're really hard to learn AND enjoy all the pros.
>>
>>70294683
Cons:
>hard pronounciation for english speaker
>7 cases
>more exceptions than rules
>you will probably have no problem communicating in english in Poland

Pros:
>extremely logical phonetics, once you get the rules (contrary to memes)
>top tier literature
>movies
>>
>>70294683
>>70294761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aVCgV6tIjE
>>
>>70294683
dont bother with cyrillic languages, theyre far too hard for us german based languages to learn. I speak german on probably a 6 year old retarded childs level and im trying to learn cyrillic language so i can connect with my family in ukraine but i legit dont think i ever will man.
>>
>>70306084
cyrillic languages are actually really hard if youve spoken english all ur life. you will never speak legit slav speak as long as you live, ever.
>>
>>70304816
Russians are convinced they are mysterious ancient magical gods
>>
Spanish, French, Mandarin, Russian, and Arabic are the most useful in an employment sense. Speaking the language of an enemy nation opens many doors, I think a white guy who can speaks Arabic would never have a hard time being employed by the government.
>>
>>70294683
Most translated-into languages are English and Russian. If something hasn't an English or Russian translation, it isn't worth reading in 99% of cases.
So you can guess.

Both countries have strong Oriental schools. Brits are into Africa, Russia is into China, both are into American and Indian Indians. You won't miss things.
>>
>>70294683
>Polish
If you don't plan living in Poland don't bother. It will take you forver to grasp it.
>>
File: 1459521703831.jpg (117 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1459521703831.jpg
117 KB, 900x900
>People unironically wanting to learn slavic language
>>
>>70306297
>speaking arabic
thats on par with speaking spanish and i will never learn either because fuck them both each can suck a fucking dick
>>
>>70301263
>Chuj ucznia jest w nauczycielu

U fookin wot Tyrone X---D. Vorged Bolish >X--C !
>>
>>70306594
tryna' gnome sayin like wurl star muh dick halla atcha dick mane tryna.
>>
File: 1458398510596.png (153 KB, 700x1167) Image search: [Google]
1458398510596.png
153 KB, 700x1167
>>70299801
>>
>>70294683
I'd learn chinese if there were people teaching it here, but there isnt. We mostly study english, german and french as a secondary.
>>
>>70294683
Since you're canada learn Punjabi, mandarin, and Spanish. Future p(r)oo(f) yourself.
>>
>>70306528
they are cool, no bully pls
>>
>>70306528
this
slavs cant into economy so why would anybody bother with it
>>
>>70306575
In burger land speaking Spanish would make it easy to get a job (and advance quickly) in law enforcement. If you really hate a group of people than learn their language and fuck them over. If I wasn't gainfully employed already I would learn Arabic to join some anti terrorist group just to fuck them over as much as I could.
>>
>>70304578
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3HA6ZymG8
We speak in Yoda language, woah that's cool.
>>
>>70309290

Słowacki wielkim poetą był.
>>
>>70294761
That looks like the most brutal language I've ever seen I think.
>>
>>70294683
Mandarin Chinese , pleb
>>
>>70302278
Just going to take a guess that it's about the language as a first language, not too hard to figure out.
>>
>>70305790
Any relevant literature or movies are in english already. Like witcher/4 tankisti a pes.

There is almost no practical usage of polish if you dont live there
>>
>>70306160
Not every slavic language is Cyrillic. And you totally can learn it as english only speaker
>>
>>70294683
Japanese for the animes
>>
>>70294683
Chinese is going to be great for any sort of manufacturing degree.

For software some Germanic language was great but Arabic is starting to be more of the language to use over there :D
>>
>>70305896
Kek, I remember that scene
>>
>>70301263
Chuj ucznia jest w nauczycielu.
Fucking kekd!
>I think it lacks a vocative case (when you call out to someone).
There is no regular vocative case cause it dissapeared. There a handful of words where it stayed (old vocative). Also, a lot of personal names and a hanful of other words developed a vocative (new vocative). There are 6 regular casese but also some irregular which only appear in some words
>>
What about Italian?
>>
>>70304816
no we dont
>>
>>70294683
I'd suggest eitther, Polish is easier to get into because letters.

As for Russian, once you git gud, you can just learn to read the script. I couldn't form a sentence but I can read, so I have an advantage.
>>
>>70315271
>>70305896

Awesome movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_YyGBj7eIk&feature=youtu.be&t=42m40s
>>
>>70294683
>Russian
>145 million
Wtf is this shit, russian is official in both Belarus and Kazakhstan, 90% of ukraine speak it, widely used across baltics and central asia, not to mention russian immigrants in the west. Its moar like 250 million. So it is widely used and easier to learn then polish, more material and language courses freely available.
>>
learn the language of love!
>>
>>70316598
I've watched it long time ago. Probly should rewatch. Can you suggest some more polish films?
>>
Whatever you do, don't bother with us Nordic languages.

Reasons not to learn a Nordic language:
1. Bitch to learn
2. No one speaks it
3. You CANNOT sound classy speaking a Nordic language, the language (like the population) is middle-class to it's core.

Reasons to learn a Nordic language:
1. (Except for Sweden) We are the best countries in the world.
2. Getting good at one of the languages means easy access to the rest.
3. Denmark bravely holding the line against shit-skins. (Pic related: Danish police intercepting mudslimes)
>>
>>70294683

If you're going to bother learning a foreign language, at least learn one that actually has a real-world application. Otherwise, you're just fucking around.

Your choices are:

A) SPANISH
B) MANDARIN CHINESE
C) RUSSIAN

There are LITERALLY no other languages worth learning at this point. You'd be dooming yourself to a useless, unmarketable skill.
>>
>>70294683
>not learning one of the UN languages
>Arabic
>Russian
>Spanish
>French
>German
>Englisch
if you can speak two or three of this languages + English, you can communicate in 95% of the world.
>>
learn mandarin
>>
>>70294683
The only useful languages are English, Spanish, and Russian. Everything else is either recreational or a meme. Polish is a meme language.
>>
Japanese, Korean, or Chinese.
You'll get paid big dong/yen
>>
>>70318504
>paid big dong
Is that a thing in america?
>>70318479
True
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.