[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millennials major in useless subjects with no job prospects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 30
File: soeart.png (772 KB, 596x596) Image search: [Google]
soeart.png
772 KB, 596x596
Why do millennials major in useless subjects with no job prospects such as Art or Gender Studies?
>>
>>70290865
Because they were coddled as kids and have no concept of hard work for reward, they merely expect the reward for nothing and piss away their time attending college for no other reason than the social experience.
>>
I'm not a Millennial, but what you're saying is there are engineering, math, science etc, and all of those classes are empty, because the humanities building is full?
>>
>>70290865
Bernie will create jobs for those fields.
>>
>>70290865
because what else would we have to post about.
>>
how did she get paint on her face
>>
>>70290865
How does it feel to know that my Uncle was an art major and now makes 250,000 a year as a law professor. Believe it or not, many people don't just get a degree and stop there.
>>
>>70291162
muh dick
>>
>>70290865
Because they are that stupid. Then, they look down on their classmates that went to trade school instead.
>>
>>70290865
Young people have been taught to push back against the idea that a person has material value or worth. Instead, they believe value is intrinsic and "doing what you love" is the highest goal, superseding any sort of practicality. Why develop skills when you believe that?
>>
>>70290865
>follow your heart and the money will follow
>>
But Bernie is gonna give me a job through his youth program
>>
Because they really had no idea what they actually wanted to do for the rest of their lives, but still wanted an excuse to go to college.
>>
Leave Soe out of this
>>
>>70290865
Is he painting a camera?
What the fuck, does he think he is divinci?
>>
>>70291067
Yeah I hear the demand for the privilege checking field will be through the roof in the next few years.
>>
>>70290865
Funny how there’s no pint on her fingers and her make and hair is still perfect.
>>
>>70290865
I almost studied creative writing at University, as a kid I thought I would somehow be part of the 0.0001% of writers who becomes rich and famous, not the other 99.9999% that gets a job as a barista or high school teacher, I'm thinking most students of Art have similar delusions. Thankfully I got good enough grades for med school so I did that instead.

Gender studies are a bit different, it's useless by itself but most people who do it then study law or some sort of social science and then get decent paying jobs
>>
Not all millenials, my cousin, she's a maths teacher in high school, same age as me (22). I'm unemployed tho, because I'm rural.
>>
>>70290999
In college, this is a bullshit idea. All the stem classes are in auditoriums and the humanities are getting cut left and right. I am at a school with 25,000+ undergrads and there are 70 philosophy majors.
>>
>>70290865
You can get a design job with an art degree if you're good.
Gender studies is useless in and of itself, those """people""" don't realize what they're doing, but there's a couple options. If they want to follow the narrow path into academia anything goes. Law school's also open to them, med school just cares about your science pre-reqs and MCAT, an MBA is possible if you get two years of work in and do well on the GMAT, etc etc
>>
>>70291318
>Soe
>>
>>70290865
Why do people on /pol/ pretend they're not millennials?
>>
>>70290865
Because education used to be a thing to strive for. But the classical liberal arts education is long dead and I don't think can ever come back due to the marxism that infects academia. The idea of "I GOTS TO GO TO THE UNIVERSITY TO GETS ME A JOB" is a pretty recent development. Education for its own sake, to create a man capable of rational thought, free and critical thinking and superb debating was the point of education.
>>
>>70291225
I ve seen this as well and its always women who are studying some useless crap
Why are especially women looking down on blue collar workers?
t. welder
>>
>>70290865
>Why do millennials major in useless subjects with no job prospects such as Art or Gender Studies?
because its a great excuse to get drunk and fuck chads for 4 years, if you actually went you would know this
>>
>>70290865

Cause daddy will pay for it
>>
>>70290976
This, my senpai
This is what millenials are, all lazy and self entitled
>>
Because for all their shit, the pretty females from wealthy families can spend their 20s as SJW and playing dykes or fucking niggers and then once they hit 30 or so, will marry a White/kike and never do anything with their lives and just keep the circle of shit going.
>>
File: 1452110407625.jpg (71 KB, 782x684) Image search: [Google]
1452110407625.jpg
71 KB, 782x684
>>70290865
These people literally do not understand how the job market works, how much you need to make just to live/eat, and what exactly they can do with their degree.

I did a project on this a couple years ago and interviewed people who were graduating with useless degrees (music, art, ect. ect.), and they simply did not understand how the world worked. I asked them how much they think they were going to make, and how much they thought a rental, a car payment, groceries, and insurance would cost.
>>
I'd bet you every penny I have-- by age 35, Calra Delevigne, the well-known "dyke," will be married to a Jew billionaire.

I wish there were a way I could put money on it.
>>
>>70290865
You know that quote
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain."?
Well guess what generation we've hit. They took it too literally and now they expect the market to provide a well laying wage based off brainwashed 'learnings' that they indebted themselves permanently for.
>>
File: Arm-Straight-Loomis.jpg (279 KB, 600x778) Image search: [Google]
Arm-Straight-Loomis.jpg
279 KB, 600x778
>>70290865
I understand what you're saying but I really think calling art useless is a mistake
>>
>>70290865
i don't think art is a useless degree, but most artists i know are not willing to make the effort to become good artists and end up being baristas
>>
>>70291217
>Blue cum

Wait, you're a smurf? Smurfs are niggers?
>>
>>70290865
The same reason why many of them gravitate towards atheism yet believe in ghosts, poltergeists, and psychic phenomenon.

i.e. they're idiots.
>>
>>70291318
Hi James
>>
>>70290999
The most popular major at my school was psychology.
>>
>>70291272
>bern victims believe this
>>
>>70291162
for the selfie. i would feel comfortable betting she did it on purpose because she thought it would make a cute picture.
women are such faggots.
>>
>>70292206

I'm not so sure. Her face has bitch written all over it, and I mean in a major fucking way. If her personality is even half as fucked up as I think, any billionaire has much better prospects.
>>
>>70292464
Of course it was. And I wouldn't be surprised if most of the students were female. Women in their twenties love majoring in psychology because it gives them an opportunity to say "Well, I study psychology" during a debate about literally ANYTHING.

Funny how most of them are absolute idiots who simply parrot whatever they learned from their professors. Yeah, cool. You can describe in detail what "cognitive dissonance" means. I don't care. Just bring me my fried okra before I call Cracker Barrel's consumer hotline and complain about your service.
>>
I double majored in CS and EE. I'm a dog groomer now. Easy to get a girlfriend.
>>
>>70291885
Tell me more about this 'original' liberal arts cirriculum.
>>
>>70290865

What do you mean by "Art", art is broad term you moron, you are obviously thinking about degenerate hipster art, performance art, modern art bullshit that is useless.

Graphic design, concept design, CAD, 3d modelling, animation, car detailing etc. ala people who actually have skills they can use and not some retard that can't even draw circles that post shitty artwork on deviant art for attention.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about fatfuck, how many chink rats do you think make your shitty anime girls or those furry pixar movies, videogames etc. etc. almost every kind media needs art of some sort.
>>
Why did soe cut her hair and get tattoes?
She used to be cute.
>>
>>70292660
Dude, look at those eyes. They're pretty, but blank enough that I'm guessing there isn't much behind them.

Even odds that she's a scatterbrained strumpet.
>>
>>70291827
We don't want to associate with them.
>>
>>70290865
Cause they dont want to get dirty and do slavic stem (ag science). lots of good jobs in that you just have to have no pride and think about alfalfa all day

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
>>70291162
Purposefully.

>"lol I'm just so random and artsy! #NotLikeTheOtherGirls
>>
File: 1450804695741.jpg (13 KB, 236x274) Image search: [Google]
1450804695741.jpg
13 KB, 236x274
>>70291067
One cannot create demand for things that require no skill or intelligence.
>>
>>70291344
Dubs of kek
>>
Cause it's easy af.
They can say "i haz degree!" at the very least since it's either that or flip burgers.
>>
>>70292310
Hi /ic/ bro! Bridgman is better.

Oh and to everyone in the thread: Art majors don't study art, they study bullshit. The university system has been poisoned by the idea of 'conceptual' art. These kids are literally studying how to bullshit.
>>
>>70291451
Well, you really don't need a degree to write.
If you pursue it in your own time you can be the best in the world with enough dedication and talent.
You do however need a degree to tickle peoples' insides.
>>
>>70291885
Surely it's more important to procure a degree that qualifies one for a high-paying, in demand job. After one finds a good job with good pay, they can spend their money on whatever further education, or any other fleeting whims their heart desires. Mech Engineering master race checkitychecking in.
>>
>>70291067
If you're expecting some kind of FDR style WPA for starving artist types, good luck.
>>
File: 1459194989348.jpg (258 KB, 1600x940) Image search: [Google]
1459194989348.jpg
258 KB, 1600x940
>>70293168
Don't hate on Loomis motherfucker

If we're going to get into that shit then I'm bringing out Nathan Fowkes
>>
Working illustrator and painter for major comic publishers checking in. Making a living as an artist or illustrator is a fucking hard job. Just making a decent living require a shit ton of inborn talent and a decent amount of business acumen...or an average amount of talent and great tits.
>>
>>70293168
This is totally true. After 8 years of art school, I'm a top-tier BSer.
>>
>>70290865
Eat a dick, first 90% of /pol/ is millennial, 35-18 faggot, second I'm a materials engineer major, so get off your high horse.
>>
>>70292660
it did make for a cute picture though

why are you so upset
>>
Society pretends to value education for its own sake and talks about how college is a time to explore yourself and learn.

So society is lying and not being honest that it's just a job prep factory.
>>
I'm a millennial and all of my fucking friends my age are jobless and all they do all day is fucking play video games, how the fuck do I get these lazy asses to get a job?
>>
File: FUCKING MARX.jpg (5 KB, 252x161) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING MARX.jpg
5 KB, 252x161
>>70290865
because, they're lazy fucking shits who think everything will be fine no matter what, and turn into fucking furry nigger shits, or worse, like the fucking otherkin because of "acceptance" and shit. They think they can pull almost fucking anything and claim it as "muh freedom of speech" or some shit like fucking "this will be useful 2-4 years from now", holy fucking shit how stupid do you need to be in order to realize that GENDER STUDIES DOESN'T GET PAID SHIT! Fuck! Why do people even take art courses, no one is going to look at your god-damned resume when you decide to paint shit! Holy hell, what's next, Furry Studies? Fuck you Marx, you started this god-damned fucking train, and I wish you stayed on it, strapped on by your fucking "proletariat" faggots who literally fap to Reddit or god-damned tumblr, and directly off a fucking mountain into Mount Doom, so Communism and our shitty education would just FUCKING DIE ALREADY!
Ok, I think I got it out of my system now.
But fuck Marx.
>>
>>70290865
Prob mudsliz got it right on this, that bitch looks like she could get a good rape.
>>
>>70293734

by not being their friends and getting friends who have jobs. You can't be friends with low energy losers, life is too big and you need to network all my friends now are wealthy intellectuals who party way more than the norm and have so much leisure time to do fun shit instead of get baked and play video games. Upgrade your life and download new friends best decision of my life, let all the the disgusting degenerates fade away from your existence.
>>
>>70290865
Because they are easy.

The majority of the millennials I know, want everything to be easy.

I picked a hard major and adapted, mathmatics, bio and chem, forensics.
I choose those because they were hard for me, and would change me for the better.

Now bushiness classes I found absolutely boring and would hate/cheat doing them.

Give me some science or hard tests, and I can be challenged. Everything else is easy.

And business and law are boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 529x399
Opposing Force
>>
to be honesto,

we were fed horseshit lies from High school and through college that our degrees didn't matter and that as long as you follow your passions the money follows.

while not entirely wrong in regards to how a degree determines what job you can get (I've known people with anthropology degrees get jobs at Fortune 500 firms in finance), the whole idea of 'following your passions and the money will follow' is total bunk bullshit.
>>
>>70290865
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>70290865
because from a young age we had college drilled into our heads. That we needed college or we'd be flipping burgers. What's that? blue Collar industrial jobs? that's for squares. You want to be the next Bill Gates right? Go to college and you'll be rich.

But Colleges themselves do very little to actually set kids on a proper education path, and just let them do what they want. It's something I noticed when i first hit college. From Grade School to High School, it's all very structured and controlled. you take these subjects and learn these things, and you get a high school degree.

But College they just toss you in and let you have at it. After having been "processed" in a school system since pre-k, the freshman college student, unless they know for sure what they want, has no clue what to do. "Oh, I like history" so they take history and become a history major. Without ever being asked, "what are you going to do with that degree?"

Colleges will let you get a Gender Studies degree, and that's part of the problem. They will allow you and encourage you, to get any degree in any subject, regardless of how useful it actually is.

TL;DR since young, millennials were brainwashed to go to college, but turns out Colleges are a joke and cant into proper guidance and career counseling.
>>
>>70294510
>Who is this semen demon?
Peru, how many white wimmenz backpackers have you raped, murdered, and buried in the rainforest?
A ton of that shit goes on in central/south america. Raping white wimmenz is a sport for them, and the Jew media covers it up.
>>
>>70293168
Theres a reason modern cartoons are so garbage. they don't teach proper techniques in places like calarts or other art schools. proper art technique in animation is literally a lost art. stuff like flow and the action line, are just not taught.
>>
>>70294808
If they stayed on their country nothing would happen to them.
>>
>>70290865
It's an ebin meme
>>
File: 1389790638671.jpg (14 KB, 490x276) Image search: [Google]
1389790638671.jpg
14 KB, 490x276
>That misguided aura

She could have married a man ten years older than her with his life together and still paint for fun, maybe even sell them, without having to worry about student debt.

Why don't girl's do this? Why do they vote for government to make their lives easier when men already want to do that?
>>
File: underemployment-chart.jpg (79 KB, 706x425) Image search: [Google]
underemployment-chart.jpg
79 KB, 706x425
>>70294013
>Because they are easy.

This. Combined with the fact that their boomer parents misled them to believe "If you have a COLLEGE DEGREE you will have a comfy middle class life style."
>>
>>70294510
Soe something. She casts Dota2 and Starcraft I think. I saw her in person once; she is real short.
>>
What about music?
I have aspirations to be a jazz pianist/guitarist. That and an audio engineer. Is that based?
>>
>>70290865
I'd bang her.

Also it's because their parents told them they have to go to college so they chose the easiest subjects.

I study at AGH in Krakow, so all the available subjects are science related and somewhat relevant. The one exception is acoustics. The people that study acoustics know they won't find a job but they are having so much fun. They don't have to study, they make music and party all day every day.

I'm a bit jealous.
>>
>>70294987
>If they stayed on their country nothing would happen to them.
Not saying otherwise. It's actually good, less idiots in the gene pool. But the Jews are always covering it up, you only read about it on pg 10 of the Daily Mail or other UK rags.
>>
>>70290865
Because it's a more serious study than stem.
>>
>>70290865
>Gender Studies
There are only 2 Genders. Male and Female. anything out of that is mental illness and should be sent to the gulag.
>>
>went to the University of Amsterdam to pursue a master in artificial intelligence
>ask around in student activities as to what they study
>dance and arts
>planet studies
>communication
>X language and culture
>european studies
>ARABIC studies
>dramaturgy
>ancient civilization
It's like they want to be unemployed
>>
>>70295363
r a r e
>>
>>70291451
Underrated.
This is why /pol/s enemies are beating us, because why don't take anything seriously.
>>
>>70295363
>Forgetting star-gendered
>>
>>70295473
Ayy Lmao

>>70295525
da fuck is that?
>>
>>70295089
Short or actually short? Keep in mind I'm 5'7 in american meters and I regularly find shorter guys than me.

>>70295177
Maybe the Jews are here too because you barely hear about murdered tourists. At best you hear about raped ones.
>>
>>70295508
>Because why don't take anything seriously
What?

>/pol/'s enemies
You mean like... Everyone except /pol/?
--no wait, scratch that...
You mean like... Everyone?
>>
>>70291342
>he
Uh you know thats a gi-
Wait...
Uh...
Hm.....
>>
>>70291827
Shhhhh.. I'm not one of them....
>>
>>70290865
Because that big gender research facility might be opening up soon. Until then, they can write comments on BuzzFeed articles.
>>
>it's another millennial thread
>lets pretend were not millennials
>ITT: we shit on ourselves in 3rd person
>>
All the STEM classes at my school are held in auditoriums holding hundreds of people. All the liberal arts classes are held in tiny classrooms in the corner of campus. This meme that 99% of people who go to college study useless shit is bullshit. It's just the ones who get six figure student loan debt and can't get a job past Starbucks are the loudest.
>>
>>70295607
You reeeally don't want to know if you don't already... But:

http://fandomstuckdiversity.tumblr.com/post/109478966573/stargender

http://mentemmortaliatangunt.tumblr.com/post/92262946479/nbqt-a-post-about-star-gender-more-some

It's one of the Tumblr genders, basically.

Having the gender of a star.
>>
File: 1436756242262.jpg (373 KB, 495x593) Image search: [Google]
1436756242262.jpg
373 KB, 495x593
Because when you can afford to not die due to starvation, most people would prefer to study something clean and fascinating rather than spend the rest of their lives doing something relatively menial despite it being more likely to put food on the table.

Obviously this isn't always the correct choice, but there you have it.
>>
>>70290865

>no job prospects

It's all the rage in Europe now thanks to nonprofit organizations who steal taxes of working people and ruin countries for muh shitskins, muh sexism, muh gypsies, hell everything that is not white heterosexual man.
>>
>>70295871
Star Gender is a gender that can be broken up into 3 different definitions:
1- The first is simply having the gender of a star.
2- The second is “an other-worldly/non-human gender” which is likened too being beyond comprehension.
3- The third is “no matter how many genders are discovered/coined, none would match for the person.”

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? who the fuck write such bullshit and they to claim as a fact. the west is beyond fucked. just massacre them and save your next generation from such filth for earth's sake. jeee
>>
>>70296220

Honestly I'm waiting for the next civil war, Kuwaitbro. I'm too pussy to spark it, though.
>>
>>70296332
your and our time will come. just let us be patient and more people get pissed at the current situation of this shitty earth.
>>
>>70296220
I warned you man--you didn't want to know about it.

Tumblr has 9001 identifiable genders.
>>
>>70290865
Because there are no jobs.

They're preemptively living as though we were a post-scarcity society. What do all the humans on earth do, when they're manning starships in Star Trek?
>>
>>70292310
>>70293168
This may come off as idiotic, but what kind if education do artists for anatomy and physiology text books and sculptures follow? It would take a proper understanding of the human body of course but also proper drawing or sculpting skills. It seems the general art degree focuses on the history of art and not technique.
>>
>>70295632
>Maybe the Jews are here too because you barely hear about murdered tourists. At best you hear about raped ones.
Dr. WL Pierce, "The Mestizo Menace:"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznwjVoQuow
>>
>>70296433
i do know about tumblr and their corrupted mental illness about genders.

you guys should have stayed to a traditional marriage and stop being degenerated adulterers. we warned you guys. now look at the bad side effect of adultery.
>>
>>70296683
>you guys should have stayed to a traditional marriage and stop being degenerated adulterers
I don't mind the degenerate adulterers, honestly.

I just mind the stupid being allowed to breed and continue their stupidity.
>>
>>70293744
relax and consider not everyone cares about making a lot of money if they do what they love
>>
Truth is optional and facts are offensive
>>
>>70296885
degenerates is what stupid people appear my friend.
>>
>>70292310
That isn't art. Its a technical schematic of muscle structure. The person that drew it was most likely a doctor or surgeon. Just goes to show how worthless art school really is.
>>
>>70296683
This:
>>70296885

Retards can be retards but should not be allowed to have power over non-retarded institutions (Education, Government, Industry, etc).
>>
I got a Bachelor's in Art and I'm making more as a creative director than my STEM friends who are struggling to find a job in their sector, let alone starting a 401k.

It's not all art majors that are bad, generally fine art majors.
>>
Why older generations created this useless study fields? If you know it is useless, only possible explanation is that you wanted future generations to be useless
>>
29 here. Art? Useless? Dude, I've had the opportunity to assist photographers photographing a-list celebrities for the covers of major magazines. The photog I was working for definitely asked if I went to school or not (I went to Community College).

Without going for art, I would have never been able to even know how to email the person.

Education will get you far, and no matter where you're getting it, or what you're getting it in. it's basically the only way to enable upward mobility here in the good ol' USA
>>
>>70290865
Because people are expected to all get degrees, but competitive degrees are often too hard for most people or unpalatable to most people.
>>
>>70297205
>Why older generations created this useless study fields?
jeee you wonder why and who.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1kX-Tdi1Y
>>
because psychology degrees pay as much as engineering degrees starting out.
thanks government for forcing women in the workplace!
>>
The fields are not totally useless. But you don't need that many people to work in them. But who should get to do the jobs? Only way is for people to prepare for them and then apply. So you will always end up with lots of people not getting jobs. But you don't get rid of the fields totally. So what do?

Yes even gender studies is fair to have a few scholars studying. But you don't need a department at every school in the universe.
>>
>>70295874
thanks mr socrates
>>
File: 1438656791004.jpg (244 KB, 1846x1212) Image search: [Google]
1438656791004.jpg
244 KB, 1846x1212
>>70297337
>Yes even gender studies is fair to have a few scholars studying
>>
>>70290865
SO they can put an academic shine on their victim complexes

and so they can later bitch about not having majored in a real major
>>
>>70292841
Literally just google it dude.
>>
>>70293703
> explore yourself
You mean Chad exploring your orifices?
>>
>>70297415
Yes it certainly is. There are legitimate questions about how we experience gender and the role of gender in society. But it doesn't take 10,000 scholars to explore it.
>>
>asians and indians dominaating every schools engineering and science departments
>white people studying these dumb majors

why
>>
>>70297558
Maybe that's one aspect of it.
>>
>>70297239
>29 here. Art? Useless? Dude, I've had the opportunity to assist photographers photographing a-list celebrities for the covers of major magazines.
Translation: "I'm 30 years old and I get minimum wage to fetch coffee for a big fag taking pictures of negresses."
R-really op? did you get an autograph? I-is kim karashian really nice? Did you get to hold her nigger husband's jacket?
>>
>>70297415
>>70297587

Finally, some realists. Yeah I bash Gender Studies but sure, it's probably beneficial to have a couple people taking a hard look at things.

What you have now is half of the future voter base circlejerking eachother into thinking that anything with a cock is evil.
>>
>>70297630
Asian privilege
>>
>>70297670
Isn't it just a part of capitalism though? You might say we should have a quota and only a certain amount get to study these "useless" subjects, only as many as society needs. But that's exactly the kind of central planning most people here hate. So what can you do? We only need so many of these people probably, but you can't force anything.
>>
>>70297630
it's only scale, anon
india = 1 billion, china = 1 billion.
USA only 300 M. it seems like a lot but we only let in the engr /scientists. selection bias
>>
>>70290976
That is true.

How do I change?
>>
>>70297818

If you want to call it capitalism you have to take away ALL government assistance to anybody going to college. Obviously, if the government is paying you to do something (which, in this case, is just pursue ANY degree in general) then you're going to do it more (a subsidy).

Get rid of the government funded degrees and you'll see a lot more people realizing that they're just shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
File: 1408456047288.gif (2 MB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
1408456047288.gif
2 MB, 480x292
*tips fedora*
>>
>>70297239
>Art? Useless? Dude, I've had the opportunity to assist photographers photographing a-list celebrities for the covers of major magazines.
What part of that is "useful?"

>Without going for art, I would have never been able to even know how to email the person.
Honestly, that doesn't sound like what they teach in art classes.

>Education will get you far
Agreed.

>no matter where you're getting it, or what you're getting it in.
Disagreed. You don't have to know the "subtleties" of conceptual art to do pretty much anything.
>>
>>70295089
Idk, probably like 5'0" or 5'1"
>>
>>70297938
Good point
>>
File: 1459100413511.jpg (62 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
1459100413511.jpg
62 KB, 960x949
>>70297587
>There are legitimate questions about how we experience gender and the role of gender in society.

>>70297670
It depends entirely on exactly WHAT these people are taking a good hard look at.

Gender Studies and the various other joke studies were created in entirety for the sole purpose of advancing the interests of communism, though. It's incredibly hard to see even in hypotheticals where exactly the value in such a degree would lie, and easy to see why it shouldn't exist in the first place.

2bh, I feel like any kind of actual positive impact a scholar with a "gender studies" degree would have could also be achieved by literally anyone, who would be equally qualified to do anything that someone with a Gender Studies degree could do, and done better by literally anyone with a degree pertaining to the actual problems at hand.
>>
>>70290976
>>70292074
>>70297882
This is incorrect, see : me.
>>
>>70297882
>How do I change?

Get out of Germany. Prefereably an Eastern European country, or the United States if Trump wins.

Join the military.

Kick the asses of liberals who try to spit on you.
>>
>>70290865
Is it the same guy posting Soe pictures on Pol?

Or do people on this board just like Soe?
>>
File: 1419370037526.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1419370037526.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>>70298167
Why bro why
>>
>>70298176
>This is incorrect, see : me.
You are posting here.

That invalidates your entire argument.
>>
File: 1436198822752.jpg (248 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1436198822752.jpg
248 KB, 1024x576
>the only good majors are STEM
It's like I'm in a room full of dumb highschoolers
>>
File: 1427494786592.jpg (59 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1427494786592.jpg
59 KB, 450x450
>>70290865
I majored in art because I like to draw and shit and have a shitload of money I earned on my own from working a high paying factory job for a few years. I did it without any government or parental assistance and now I'm going for a trade while doing a few side illustration jobs because I enjoy those too.

As long as you spend your own money you can do whatever the fuck you want with it.

Stop being assblasted in what people major. As long as its not on government money, you could major in underwater basket weaving.

I'm willing to bet there's more unemployed STEMfags on government loans on this board than anything else desu.
>>
>>70298285
What does that even mean
>>
>>70298300
>only dumb highschoolers would think STEM fields are better than muh art.
>>
>>70298329
Yes.
>>
>>70298167
>Doesn't realize that by questioning whether gender's role in society should be explored, he is himself asking exactly one of those questions, contradicting his own position
>>
>>70291174
why would you get an art degree to go into law?
>>
File: soe_puppey.jpg (598 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
soe_puppey.jpg
598 KB, 1024x678
>>70295632

This was meant for you.>>70298155

Also here is an image for reference. Dude on the right is 2 meters.
>>
>>70290865
because STEM has no job prospects either so why not do something fun
>>
>>70298251
You started out as the literal "Sultanate of Rome" after some steppe arabs moved into the Anatolian peninsula and sat down on some Anatolian clay that was previously occupied by the East Roman Empire

Think about that for a moment famalam

>>70298411
Sounds like some shit that some stupid faggot with a bachelor's in philosophy can talk about for all I care
>>
File: GOG.png (318 KB, 400x2000) Image search: [Google]
GOG.png
318 KB, 400x2000
it's all part of the Aegean Agenda
>>
>>70298486

There's literally no reason for any particular degree before a degree in law.

Law schools look for applicants who can think well. If you're an artist and that translates into some ability to articulate, then you can go into law. As to why WOULD you, well, why not?
>>
because you're going to be a wage cuck to globalists who don't pay taxes either way, so who cares
>>
>>70298592
I heard that history degrees can kind of sort of help in some cases for some lawyers or something.
>>
>>70298578
Vae Victis. Indo europeans did the same, The only difference between t*rks is years. There are literally no greeks no romans etc anymore populations were either genocided-asimilated or moved (same for Balkans I'm a Balkan t*rk) Yet you are still obessed about it

Accept and move on byzaboo

Also the turkish moon symbol originates from the symbol of Byzantion way before it was Constantinople.
>>
>>70298770
Hey man all I'm saying is that Turkey is a joke and I'm waiting for it to be over.
>>
>>70298757
Well yeah, again, anything that provides some sort of benefit to the application process.

History and English both develop decent writing skills (Holy shit I've written at least a hundred pages on Faulkner and postmodernism this semester). Artists might be better able to express themselves, similarly.

But the subjects themselves don't hold any intrinsic value to being a lawyer. Reading Faulkner won't give you anything except some pretty words to spew at a jury, perhaps. Studying history, also, doesn't directly provide any benefit outside of some more trivia to spit out.
>>
>>70298885
Its not a joke, there are 80 million people who neither associate themselves with roman or greeks have fun waiting.
>>
>>70297658
No autographs. You're not allowed to talk to the celebrities at all :)

Fetching coffee? Hardly. I get to do the stuff I like to do, hold lights, help a shoot come together. Plus, resume! Duh!

Much, MUCH better than sitting around in an office!

>>70298057
It's useful because, once again, resume! Experience! And not to mention If you can compose yourself enough to be around a room full of multi-millionaires, you're set, bro.

You're not going to be drawing,painting, or photographing in all your classes related to which branch of the arts you want to go into. A lot of classes are based solely on the business/communications part, and once you're into say, your second year, your professional teachers--who have worked in the industry --tend to teach you a little bit of the ropes. How to write emails, cover letters. How to put together a portfolio. How to promote yourself, people.

It's a business. MONEY! Never forget that. It's 80% work and probably 7% doing actual artwork.

And plus, I've learned so many things, that I charge a decent amount of money for my services. Because I'm good. B-)

And one thing, you do have to know how to communicate in art. Commercial artwork is hardly just making a pretty picture, you're there to solve a client's problem.

Once again, it's a business. You have to know how to hustle and get your shit together.
>>
>>70290865

Why are painters considered useless?
>>
>>70299062
I never said I expected to ever stop waiting m8
>>
>>70299156

Because very few painters produce things that society finds value in. The rest are a misallocation of resources.
>>
>>70299280

Wasn't Van Gogh literally shit to his society?
>>
>>70299172
Lol, It is as if Constantine 11th will rise from grave, kill all turk farm animal with lyre magijk and then romaioi will rule.

Don't get me wrong I like Romans. I'm a grad student, focused on the time of Heraclius and I appreciate the nuances in Turkish culture that came from them (Music, Flag etc although I don't claim Ottomans to be third rome) still, I always find western romanticism regarding Eastern Roman empire funny
>>
>>70299348

If that's true, then yeah, society didn't value his work until after he died. If he's one in a million, it's not worth putting resources forth for a million painters to go to school in the hopes that we might find another van gogh. The opportunity costs are too high, it's better to make the chances of finding one (which are already infinitesimal) even smaller and have the million doing something we KNOW will be productive.
>>
>>70299156
Painters aren't useless and neither are creatives.

The very letters you're reading were created by a type designer who most likely went to school for design, studied letters, worked a lot, learned how to make letters better, then created the font that is now used by which operating system/browser you're using.
>>
File: boomer scum.png (307 KB, 968x634) Image search: [Google]
boomer scum.png
307 KB, 968x634
>>70290865
>have two STEM degrees
>graduate into zero job prospects thanks to boomers driving the global economy into the fucking shitter
>Living in a western society awash with degenerate lunacy which can mostly be traced back to the 60s and 70s

But hey, it's totally the fault of them kids. I've noticed that a trend among older generations - they love to piss and moan about the sorry state of the world, yet they simultaneously deny any responsibility for their role in creating said state of affairs.
>>
>>70299750
Timestamp of your degrees
>>
>>70299413
>Lol, It is as if Constantine 11th will rise from grave, kill all turk farm animal with lyre magijk and then romaioi will rule.

A man can dream.
>>
>>70298560
>because STEM has no job prospects either so why not do something fun

>Art is fun

>STEM is not fun

I never understood people with this mindset.
>>
>>70299790
>>70299750

post or gtfo
>>
>>70299800
It will happen, Papasios says so !
>>
>>70290865
majored in interactive media and programming can't find shit cause boomers and gen x would rather hire shit skins from India fuck my life.
>>
>>70299111
>It's useful because, once again, resume! Experience!

An art degree is useful because you can claim to hae experience on your resume?

Yeah, no.

>>70299111
>And not to mention If you can compose yourself enough to be around a room full of multi-millionaires, you're set, bro.
Art degree provide this?

Yeah, no.

>>70299111
>You're not going to be drawing,painting, or photographing in all your classes related to which branch of the arts you want to go into.
You're not going to be actually making ART in the majority of art classes. If you actually want to MAKE art, you don't need classes at all for the most part.

>>70299111
>A lot of classes are based solely on the business/communications part
Gee, I could have sworn that's what business classes were for.

>>70299111
>your professional teachers--who have worked in the industry --tend to teach you a little bit of the ropes
If your "professional teacchers" actually made anything of themselves in the industry, they wouldn't be relegated to being your teacher. They'd actually be out making art, and getting paid.

>>70299111
>How to write emails, cover letters.
Oh, gee, yes, this makes me want to take an art class so much.

>>70299111
>How to promote yourself, people.
To what, other "artists" that couldn't make it? Kek.
I swear, your entire post reads like a recruitment flyer. Sounds like all they taught you was how to propagandize.
>>
File: Paint.png (256 KB, 1006x585) Image search: [Google]
Paint.png
256 KB, 1006x585
>>70299465

I mean I have several articles here by Leon Battista Alberti that states that painters are a gift to society. Kings and educated men soldiers coming back from Greek wars loved to paint and it gave them insight to the world and helped sharpen the mind.

I don't see why we shouldn't give resources to this? I can understand if you don't want the girl who dips her vagina in paint and drags it across the floor while screaming about hating men. But how can you not see the value in actual art for society? I'm not defending shitty artists who just think their artists.

Most of the best painters, Robert Henri, Jackson Pollock, etc. They went to school for this shit dude. Pennsylvania Art school has created so many great artists. I just go back from the Art Institute of Chicago. The only garbage shit is Modern Art done by people who don't actually care about anything.
>>
>>70290865

The majority of them have spent their entire lives being indoctrinated with feelgood social justice nonsense instead of a concrete work ethic.

When you accept this all of their behavior falls into place sensibly.
>>
>>70299156
>Why are painters considered useless?
because painters are essentially useless, like most artists.

Unlike fields that contribute to society no matter what (i.e., STEM fields), only a tiny few of artists actually contribute anything of worth to society, and that is almost always "artists" who are only artists secondarily (e.g. Leonardo DaVinci).
>>
>>70290865
As they are told to do something that they like and makes them happy.

Totally negating the fact that working is going to last longer than college/university so they pick short term happiness over long term.

I am a millennial so I would know, although I didn't pick a meme degree.
>>
File: CfD6B9JW8AAM_W4.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CfD6B9JW8AAM_W4.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>Be me
>Be almost 40
>Have no 4-year degree at all
>Have a STEM job, mostly self-taught and experience
>See all these "artists" with Bachelors and above, jobless
>MFW
>>
File: 1458400564253.png (16 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
1458400564253.png
16 KB, 958x660
>>70290865
Why do people major in subjects with excellent job prospects, yet end up feeling empty and eventually have a midlife crisis or an hero?
>>
>>70300881
Mommy didn't love them enough
>>
File: 2-4-x-3-0m-classic-shed-364.jpg (110 KB, 530x463) Image search: [Google]
2-4-x-3-0m-classic-shed-364.jpg
110 KB, 530x463
>>70290865
because of the proliferation of non-jobs (HR, council busibodies, etc.) that seem only to exist to give jobs to women with useless degrees.

Whenever you walk past or drive past one of the huge council buildings do you ever wonder what the fuck needs so much space? Most of it is just people whose job it is to promote/advertise their branch of office - waste of space jobs.

the reason for most of these non-jobs is to create a balance between the genders; they can point to stats and say ' we are an equal opportunities employer'.

Next time you meet a woman ask her what her job is and then ask her 'How do you benefit your company? what would happen if everyone doing your job was sacked?' - they will probably answer with stuff about diversity, company image and other such bullshit.
>>
>>70300881
they dont have struggle in their life and get bored
>>
>>70300657
>almost 40
>posting on a korean cartoon board

think we know who the real loser is here
>>
>>70290865
You're a millennial. Why do millennials pretend like they're not millennials? Why are they so ashamed of growing up in the 00s?
>>
>>70300881
a 9-5 that pays okay money won't fill the void in your heart
>>
>>70301335
>I'll show him! I'll post to tell him how lame it is to post here!
>>
File: bernie.jpg (23 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
bernie.jpg
23 KB, 660x371
Mainly because they are taught
>" Follow your dreams"
and shit like that.

People don't want to go to a job they don't like.
Back in the days it didn't matter were you cleaning restrooms or frying chicken. Job was a job, It was not supposed to be funny and something that you enjoy doing.
>>
There's no point in working. The economy will collapse and all your saved money will be worthless.

Just relax, study things you enjoy and wait for world war 3 to break out.
>>
>>70301441
Problem is it may not collapse for 50 years still
>>
>>70290865
why do you keep posting the exact same thread with the exact same girl every fucking day
>>
>>70290865
Her face is so punchable.

We know you smeared that paint on your face on purpose to look artsy you little slut

I wonder how many likes she got on kikebook?
>>
>>70301441
Yeah I don't know why i'm planning for a stable future that clearly won't be stable.
>>
>>70301675
That's a lot of anger just cause a girl wants to look artsy.
>>
File: DowGloLin.jpg (2 MB, 8393x4799) Image search: [Google]
DowGloLin.jpg
2 MB, 8393x4799
>>70301491
You really think there will be 50 more years of peace until the economy collapses again?
>>
>>70301714
So, what, are you angry that he's angry or something?

I agree with him.
>Herpaderp, look at me, I'm so artsy!
>>
>>70301785
>>70301675

why are you so angry over a random girl painting her face?

aren't you 35 year old men? grow up.
>>
>>70301884
Why are you so angry at people on /pol/ being angry?

Grow up.
>>
>>70301675
Yeah and she dressed in expensive clothes while at it. And her fucking smug... Looks like she practiced it in the mirror and ran to the camera without changing it.
>>
File: bernie_merchant.jpg (23 KB, 287x395) Image search: [Google]
bernie_merchant.jpg
23 KB, 287x395
>>70302016
She needs to be beaten

>>70301884
>>70301714
Yeah, because she will go on to never get a real job and will just trick some stupid cuck into paying her way

Women need to be taken down a peg. They get handed all these guaranteed public loans and scholarships and grants to go major in dumb useless garbage, simultaneously devaluing degrees and burdening society with their nonsense

I know a girl who went to community college for SIX YEARS to end up not even getting a degree at all, she studied psychology. Now she just sells crappy crafts on etsy and lives with some cuck who takes care of her

Literally shouldn't be allowed. If she was just going to get some cuck to take care of her she shouldn't have gone to school at all.

Pic related, it's who's going to encourage more of this bullshit and make college totally worthless by giving it to every moron
>>
>>70302016
>like she practiced it
Well she's apparently painting a fucking camera, so that's a given. There's no way this is a shot of her while she's painting; rather it's that she was trying to figure out, "what will make me look cutesy wutesy!?"
>>
>>70302178
All that cause a girl put some paint on her face? Psychotic much?
>>
>>70302555
Do you even know where you are?

Why are you white-knighting so much, Anon-kun? You do realize that she'll never be wetting your dick, right?
>>
>>70300657

I assume you must be doing something with programming/computing.
>>
>>70302619
Yeah. There's very few other STEM fields in which "self-taught" will get you anywhere.
>>
>>70290865
Because they are lazy and at the same time think they are sooo special that they have to choose something that provides countless ways to talk and act superior... Thing is no business pays someone to be a fucking nuisance and act all superior while at the same time dont actually have a clue or any marketable skills that creates something of worth...
>>
>>70302719

I am about to finish my Comp Sci degree. Need to write my 30k word report by 25th.

Programming is probably one of the easiest subjects you can self-teach yourself, and actually get employed without having a diploma.
One of my friends dropped out of Uni for a year, because he got employed during summer break. He decided to come back and finish his Bachelor's just in case, but at this point, his job experience > the shitty diploma.
>>
>>70302884
>Programming is probably one of the easiest subjects you can self-teach yourself
Truth. In fact, I honestly don't really know how people can learn it in a classroom setting. It'd be interesting to see.

Best thing about programming is that the prime requisite is laziness. The lazier you are, the more you try to program shit to get done for you. And the more you try to program shit that you can re-use without having to program something else.

It's the perfect profession for lazy people.
>>
>>70290865
>Graduate Highschool
>Go into the Army
>Come out in 2011 and use the VA to get a loan
>Start very very small VAR tech company
>rent part of warehouse from larger company
>fastforward 5 years
>own my own building, 2 work vans, 2 work pickups
>employ 14 people

Not a single day in college. Unless you are being an engineer or scientist fuck college.
>>
>>70302950

One of my female friends has an art degree in illustration.

>Moved from ol' country to UK to go to Uni
>Leeched parents' money because she couldn't find a part-time job
>Realised she doesn't like the degree in 3rd year
>Now works as a waitress/hostess in a hotel
>27,000 in debt ($54,000~)

>>70303045
Our Uni teaches us Java for PC/Android. They teach you the basics:
>Loops
>Conditional statements
>Classes
>Objects
>Scopes
>Libraries

Then they give you to do some projects over the semesters and from there on you just go on stack exchange and learn from your mistakes.

Then you have other modules that cover different algorithms (sorting), data structures, design patterns and other bullshit you will forget about after the exam period is over. I haven't even turned up to a single lecture this semester because it's pointless and public transport in London is expensive.
>>
Because since when do Humans not choose the easy way thru life ? and with this fast moveing world we have since a few years espacialy younger people dont plan their future very "far sighted"

so its the art class mane i get to hang out with ma frends an it is super kewl and i don hav do do hard work duuuuh
>>
Tbh most jobs expect you to have some sort of college degree- art and gender studies degrees aren't necessarily "worthless" because they're still college degrees.
They don't prep you for any meaningful jobs, and they generally aren't necessary- it's the easy way of getting a degree but not actually working for it or gaining any meaningful experience from it
sorry artfags
>>
>>70290999
this is actually true here too.
1/3 of eng cap on both schools I went to were used only.... whle social studies etc were ofc fullblown...and ofc they are all women often foreign
>>
>>70292789
So true
>>
>>70301433
No seriously dude, he has a point. If I'm still posting here in even ten years I'll have to remind myself to die.
>>
>>70292179
i'd love to see these numbers. You know what's even funnier. The not big twitch streamers who beg for $1k. They literally have a goal to reach $1k and they think that is enough to live on their own. Im pretty sure a huge majority of neet millennials think $1k = $100k.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.