[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How nice is Oregon? Is it degenerate? Where is a good place to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: the man who got good.jpg (27 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
the man who got good.jpg
27 KB, 640x430
How nice is Oregon?
Is it degenerate?
Where is a good place to move for cheap rent and relatively "safe"?
>>
>>70280279
Do you have a job lined up or an industry that you can get into in Oregon?
>>
>>70280730
Before I set that up I want to make sure to know where to look.
>>
File: 849889789.jpg (90 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
849889789.jpg
90 KB, 720x960
>>70280279
Very, very, very degenerate in Portland.

Oregon on the whole is nice, The Columbia River is one of the most beautiful places on the planet, I've personally counted 25,000 Chinook jumping over the dam in a single day at Bonneville Dam.

No place is cheap to live there, if I had to choose a place to go, I'd go live in Hood River.........fuckin beauty.

WA is a markedly better state, just don't go near the I-5 corridor
>>
>>70280797
If you don't like degeneracy stay away from Portland and Eugene. I think the cost of living is fairly low everywhere outside of Portland. Most of the state outside of Portland is safe from random violence but property crime is quite common due to meth heads.
>>
>>70281106
Yeah, Eugene is fucked as hell too, went there once for a game and a stroll on campus with a dude I went to high school with.............holy fuck, fagland
>>
>>70280958
"cheap" is relative.
where im at now i cant get a studio below 2k a month.
from the listings on CL it looks like in portland rent is 900-1200.
>>
>>70281342

I've been to Eugene. It has a shockingly large gay community.
>>
>>70281352
oh yeah then, 1K will get it done over there, i paid 600/mo for a 2br 2ba house in the woods in wa lol
>>
>>70280279
I'm on the coast outside of Eugene. I pay 750 for a 2 bedroom, like... 275 for essential utilities. There are a ton of homeless people and drug addicts in town- I'm pretty sure that's how it is everywhere in this state- but the actual community members are very nice people. It's beautiful here, too.
>>
>>70280279
Portland, Salem, Eugene, Astoria and Medford are degenerate hell wholes.

Corvallis and Klamathfalls are on the fence.

Outside of the City of Portland Cost of living is relatively in check.

Best Job opportunities are within Accounting, IT, Manufacturing (Places are Leopold in Hillsburro and Lam Research) Engineering, and Aeronautical Mechanics. Welding, Merchant Mariner Corps, Carpentry, HVAC, and Plumbing
are also good areas. Portland PD needs bodies.

This liberals are on the extreme blue pill.
>>
>>70280279
anywhere within a half hour drive to Portland is expensive. Also the vast majority of faggots who live here are Liberal fucks.
>>
>>70282411
What's up with Astoria? I've considered a move there just because it's gorgeous and the apartments are basically all amazing views but I was wondering what the community was like.
>>
Been to Portland, it's pozzed as hell. I passed through Salem and saw only mexicans. I stayed in Eugene for 3 days and had a good time. It didn't seem as pozzed, but there were too many homeless for my liking.
>>
File: 1_balloonsoverbend_2.jpg (145 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1_balloonsoverbend_2.jpg
145 KB, 960x640
Bend is quite nice. Lots of gun stores, and lots of combat veterans. The downside is you also have plenty of purple haired sluts that go to the local college, but they are extremely tame compared to any other liberal college area.
>>
There is no sales tax, but the area round Portland especially is bad. Portland is probably farther left than San Francisco at this point, and just as pretentious. The governor is a bisexual too.
>>
File: 1459728769367.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1459728769367.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
>>70283263
THE TRUE RED PILL
>Live in WA
>Buy your booze across the river
>>
>>70283084
Hows the crime rate and job market in Bend? Preferably something for only HS grad but willing to do trade kind of work
>>
>>70283880
http://www.indeed.com/l-Bend,-OR-jobs.html

Seems to be a few jobs, even basic developmental disability labor jobs.

>Hows the crime

If you're not in Portland nigtown or any other large city nigtown, you're good.

Stay the fuck away from the reservation, unless you like drugs and being raped
>>
I have family that lives in Oregon, been there a lot.

The rural areas and beach towns are really something else. It feels like old California, like the kind that you see in old movies before the 60's. Rolling hills, white-peaked mountains, big farms, small businesses, cozy beach towns. The small towns that dot the country are mostly still historic centers that focus on local character. It's pretty idyllic.

The suburbs around Portland are like the suburbs of any major city really. They're fairly wealthy, have a lot of big businesses mixed with small chains, and have a few ethnic neighborhoods, mostly Asian in Oregon's case. One thing I've noticed is that nearly every strip mall has a Thai restaurant and a pub.

Portland proper's really weird, it's actually unlike any city I've seen. One block will have bums and drug addicts laying about, and right across the street will be an upscale apartment, right next to a building covered exclusively in Chinese. Every block has its own character, but it's taken to an extreme there. Also some of the most openly obnoxious hipsters I've ever seen. Good food though.

I'd say somewhere between the suburbs and rural areas, maybe ~40 minutes out from Portland. That way, you get the scenic beauty without sacrificing too much convenience.
>>
>>70283880
crime rate is practically non existent. Its like over 90% white.

The job market seems okay but not great. Lots of construction jobs currently. However, If/when we have another big crash, it will probably impact the area quite badly like it did in 2008.
>>
File: 1443319100489.jpg (120 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1443319100489.jpg
120 KB, 720x720
100 Prius' per square mile

They're like 50% of the cars on the road
>>
>>70283880
No, the job market here is horrible do not listen to these people. I tried to find a job there with your same qualifications and a couple of years of experience. I would get up at the crack of dawn and walk all over the entire stupid city, go into every single business, ask about job openings, ask to meet the manager and shake their hand and crap, drop off a resume. I didn't get a single response, except one offer months later when I finally got out of there. And two scam jobs, too. There are also a ton of crazy people there. Even went to the unemployment office but they were always packed and never had work. Meanwhile the welfare office has a line out the door and a forty five minute wait.

>>70283084

The schools are literally the worst, they churn out the most worthless garbage people in the world. They have some of the worst graduation rates in the country.
>>
>>70284666
Oh and I searched for months.
>>
>>70280279
The Portland suburbs outside multnomah county are OK lake nonegro is really nice clackamas Sherwood Hillsboro near 26 is all new and nice old Hillsboro is filled with Mexicans North Portland is where the blacks live tualatin is pretty nice Gresham is white trash even Portland with all its liberals is very safe.
>>
>>70284990
Gresham is probably the only place in Multnomah County that you'll see pickup trucks with confederate flags flying from the back of them.
>>
>>70285387

Portland is super liberal but regardless you still see trucks with NRA stickers on them in the city
>>
File: pentti_linkola_quotes_3.jpg (52 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
pentti_linkola_quotes_3.jpg
52 KB, 600x320
Rent is stupid expensive in Portland, the libs are crying for rent control because the city passed some form of rent control that limits the amount rent can increase per year so landlords doubled rent in most cases before they law went into effect.
>>
>>70283263
Portland here. We are in no way as liberal as SF.
>>
>>70280279
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>70280958
>WA is better
No it isn't. I5 is filled with liberal shits, north is fucking indians and Canadians, and east is the Basin. Do you like expansive nothingness? Because that's all the eastern state is until Spokane. At which point you are in Idaho. Oregon is better in every way.
>>
>>70282411
>Medford
Just don't go to W. Main st or the area around South Medford High School.
>>
>>70286370
This
>>
>>70280279
I live in Beaverton, right outside Portland. House market crazy now, wait for it to crash again. Nothing around Portland to rent. Other than that pretty great weather and four seasons, had 84 degrees weather today.
>>
>Is Oregon degenerate

Does a bear shit in the woods? Portland is arguably the WORLDS epicenter of liberal degeneracy.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.