[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is me. Giving a fuck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
This is me.

Giving a fuck.
>>
>>70279797
So the French and British wanted to use your country as a buffer zone to avoid conflict between their colonies :^)
>>
>>70279797
>Iran
>Never controlled by europe

Alexander says hi
>>
File: america fuck yeah.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
america fuck yeah.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>70279797
>lands were conquered by actual competent people
>after settled, we rose up and told those faggots to fuck off
>now the greatest nation on earth
MAN I'M SO ASHAMED COLOMBIA!
>>
File: Imagine being a cuck.jpg (70 KB, 640x555) Image search: [Google]
Imagine being a cuck.jpg
70 KB, 640x555
>>70279797

Man.. how did Euros fucking dominate so hard. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>70280156
Everyone else except Northeast Asians were lower in intelligence, and had circumstances geographically (Europe was the most densely populated and thus had the most competition) that allowed them to lay back while the Europeans had to work hard.
>>
>>70279797
>Japan was never in a European sphere of influence
>Korea was never in a European sphere of influence

Lads there's a slight chance this is a meme image
>>
North Korea was controlled by the Soviet Union after World War 2. Afganistan And Iran was part of Alexander the greats empire
>>
>>70280305
Tell me about the European influence on Japan then.
>>
>>70279998
This map refers to Age of Exploration Europe, but you already knew that.
>>
>>70279797

>Korea not being teal
>Japan not being teal
>Thailand not being green now due to sex tourism
>>
>>70280464
>what is USA
>>
>>70280464
>gunboat diplomacy
>>
>>70280464

When the Portuguese were first making headway into the island. Due to their technology, there were heavily influential with a series of shoguns before the English came and the two powers started competing. Even into the Meiji era, European powers exerted a decent amount of control.
>>
>>70280687
>>70280693
>what is USA
Not European last time I checked.

>>70280702
Only good answer, though did the Portugese extend any actual influence other than just trading?
>>
>>70280909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o&nohtml5=False

much cancer in this video but its very accurate.
>>
>>70280909

Not per se. It was more that they didn't care about too much besides converting the Japanese to Catholicism and trading. But in order to do that they participated in the power struggles between lords and shoguns making sure those friendly to their interests rose to power. That should at least earn it teal on this map.
>>
>>70280909
My reference to gunboat diplomacy was primarily in regard to the Portuguese, and later Dutch.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.