[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't vegans eat insects if they're so concerned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
Why don't vegans eat insects if they're so concerned with the well being of animals and the environment?

Instead I just seem them bitch about what everyone else needs to be doing. Typical authoritarian leftists.
>>
>>70276958
Insects are living things
>>
>>70277096
So are vegetables
>>
Insects are animals, though. In fact, many full-blown vegans will avoid honey, too.
>>
>>70276958
>>70277150
insects are also animals
>>
>>70276958
Vegan means no animal products. Insects are animals.
>>
>>70277150
tell that to a vegan and watch them squirm.
>>
>>70277096
>>70277275
so they eat vegetables that have never had pesticides on them?

homicide, genocide, pesticide.... its also problematic that we even call them pests, aren't WE the pests in reality, refusing to live in harmony with mother nature?
>>
>>70277150
They are organismes I belive. And yeah as stated above I think its vegans who do not eat anything animal produced, including honey.
>>
>>70276958

Better yet, why don't vegans care about plant suffering? Seems like a cheap cop-out by modernist wannabe Buddhists.
>>
>>70277448
Dont know about that, usually the vegans i know go for naturally grown shit.
>>70277523
Because plants do not suffer.
>>
>>70276958

Insects have nervous systems.

Plants do not.
>>
>>70277775
A jellyfish also has a nervous system

Ok Its not quite a nervous system but it may as well be
>>
>>70277698

>because plants don't suffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLABm7jJ-Y
>>
File: 35Gf7OP.gif (4 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
35Gf7OP.gif
4 MB, 360x203
a venus flytrap proves that plants are living things
>>
>>70277855
And I doubt vegans are eating jellyfish either.
>>
>leftist

No political ideology or philosophical framework is necessarily intrinsic to observing veganism, at all.

And the babbling about authoritarians makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

When you say shit like this, it's fine when you're talking to other uneducated plebs, but you're basically announcing to anybody who has ever cracked a book that you're a complete retard who has no idea what they're talking about at all.
>>
>>70277977

>plants are living things

Was this ever in doubt? They are not conscious if that's what you meant. Good luck proving plants are self-aware and not just running on programmed DNA behavior.
>>
File: 1455938885166.jpg (64 KB, 375x515) Image search: [Google]
1455938885166.jpg
64 KB, 375x515
>another vegan thread
doing my duty to post this in every one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng
average vegan
>>
File: canada.png (285 KB, 1861x1081) Image search: [Google]
canada.png
285 KB, 1861x1081
>>70278090

k
>>
>>70278247
how is your programmed need to shit post any different then a plants programmed need for photosynthesis
>>
>>70278311
LOOK AT HOW FUCKING HOW SKINNY SHE LOOKS
>>
File: cowMurdered.jpg (45 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
cowMurdered.jpg
45 KB, 400x300
>>70277775

Insects don't feel pain

>>70277096
>>70277275
>>70277298
>>70277385

Yes but you have to ask yourself what is the fundamental reason they don't eat animals? It's because they don't like the thought of some cow being chopped to pieces, because cows can suffer and feel pain. And insect does not feel pain.
>>
>>70277923
Im too tired to watch a youtube video, send me a study on it and i will read into it
>>
Nothing with a face is the general rule.
>>
File: dzfbaehrbdzfn.jpg (617 KB, 2000x1346) Image search: [Google]
dzfbaehrbdzfn.jpg
617 KB, 2000x1346
Regardless of if they are animals o whatever, insects are not a sustainable source of food on a large scale. The only countries that consume insects literally go into their backyards and collect them. In a country like the states, you would need insect farms.

Now there are a lot of real reasons which insects are not a viable source of food for a developed nation. For example unlike meat which is notoriously un-allerginic, insects cross react with one of the most common food allergies, shellfish, making them deadly to many people.

But instead of listing them all, I would like for you all to think about this for one second. Imagine, trillions of insects being raised on a farm. Trillions of insects, all bundled up all over eachother, itching for some free space. And some high teen thinks he is funny and cuts the net holding them. Now cattle, you get a mass escape from a cattle farm and what? Worst that happens is you block some nearby highway for a few hours while they are captured. But insects... trillions, billions, a massive swarm of little speedy insect getting loose. And now my friend, you have a problem. Vegetation and ecosystems for hundreds of miles will be destroyed, with nothing you can do about it.

Swarms of insects have been the bane of human existence for as long as we have lived. And anyone that unironically thinks it is a good idea to purposely breed a biblical plague, is a moron.
>>
>>70277977

Of course they are "living" It's called photosynthesis
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (32 KB, 466x382) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32 KB, 466x382
>>70278828

Great speculation, t. Arm chair philosopher
>>
>>70278965
I don't see how it isn't a sensible speculation. I mean, you can't breed it so it doesn't eat vegetables.
>>
>>70278311
>average vegan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni5zFqDrY1k
>>
>>70278607
Yes and no. Everyone has their own reasons not a vegan myself so cant tell you. But usually its something about animal suffering/eating things that have lived etc.

And also to all the other shotposters you gotta be kidding yourself if your only argument is that "plants suffer". If you have ever actually been to a slaughter factory you know what kind of conditions production animals live in. Its not pretty
>>
>>70279217
looks like it was shot in a cuckshed lol
>>
>>70279052

>Insect farms

Put them in a wooden crate and dump a rotten carcass in there. Funnel the insects into smaller containers for shipment.

>insects cross react with one of the most common food allergies

Source? Not all insects I'm sure

>trillions of insects

I already did, they wouldn't be in one gigantic room. I take it you've never seen crickets for sale at the pet store, or an ant farm, or a mealworm farm.

Sounds like an idealist vegan that wants to talk the talk but doesn't want to walk the walk.
>>
>>70279516
I almost typed a long rant explaining exactly why you are a faggot but then I double checked and saw you were OP and realised it was already confirmed.

FYI the only thing I hate just as much as vegans, are autists that actually think a pet store that supplies enough crickets to food some iguanas is the same as the large scale mass production of insects required to feed 300+ million humans.

the fact that you were not aware that ALL insects cross trigger shelfish allergies is proof enough of your lack of knowledge on the subject.
>What is chitin

TL;DR Autistic reddit virgin with no science background on the subject read some buzzfeed article on why you should eat insects and thought he automatically became an expert.
>>
>>70278766
>Too tired to watch a 3 min video.
Plants feel pain, everything you believed about them is a lie.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm
>>
>>70280059

>buzzfeed

You're the Buzzfeed vegan shilling on its behalf, I'm merely trying to understand why you're happy to force meat eaters to 3 pounds of shitty vegetables for "muh climate change" and "muh animal suffering" but you won't eat insects? Pretty fucking hypocritical don't you think?

>large scale mass production of insects
>what are rooms
>what is containment

>ALL insects cross trigger allergies

Proof? Burden of proof is on you dipshit, you're the one making the claim. Allergyfags can just dine on a special diet, that would still solve your vegan crisis about "muh climate change" and "muh animal suffering"
>>
Bugs are fucking gross and you can do fine eating plants. Plants are easier to produce than meal-grade insects. All the morons pushing cricket flour and shit are just delusional idiots that somehow think they'll get more converts if people have the option to eat bugs instead of plants (hint: this is stupid, nobody wants to eat bugs). Cloned meat is a more realistic avenue for carnivorous humans in the long term, but its not here yet so you better be a good earth citizen like Adolph T. Hitler and eat your fuckin plants.
>>
File: 1459958193452.jpg (159 KB, 720x516) Image search: [Google]
1459958193452.jpg
159 KB, 720x516
>>70276958
they don't eat animals, i am ok with that,
but why they want to convince the whole world to do the same.
Fanatics like Muslims, EAT VEGETABLES OR "ELSE"
>>
>>70280580
>>70280059

No, fuck the both of you.

If you fucking faggot vegans are going to make it so I have to eat plants because your shilling jacked up the price of meat, you can be damn fucking sure I'm going to be shilling on behalf of insects.
>>
>>70277298
No insects are insects.
By your definition microbes and mushrooms would be animals
>>
>>70280787
My god, you can't be that stupid, can you?
>>
>>70280517
>Burden of proof
>On a Biology 101 subject

Okay guy. Okay. You keep pretending to yourself that you have any intlectual gorund to stand on here :^)

>"The beetle's back and the crab's shell owe their toughness to a common compound called chitin... This and other results support their hypothesis, still under study, that chitin causes inflammation and allergy"

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2007/04/7228/one-lifes-most-common-compounds-causes-allergic-inflammation

>"Research in murine models has proved that chitin is a size-dependent microbial-associated molecular pattern, with the ability to induce an immunological response via pattern recognition receptors."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21736263

I could go on.

Now excuse me while I enjoy some delicious chicken.
>>
>>70281220
look at the flag
>>
>>70280704
Meat is super fucking cheap, can you seriously not afford it? What kind of shitty job do you work?
>>
>>70280787
For as much as people love to tout STEM and eugenics on here, so many of you seem to have never even taken Biology 101.
>>
>>70281289
Stop fucking with my fun
>>
>>70281248

>chitin
>beetle and crab
>there is only 1 kind of insect
>this applies to 320 million people
>>
>>70281329

Why do you think vegans are shilling so fucking hard? Do you really think it's going to stay the same? Do you really think 20 years from now meat won't become more of a luxury item? Do you not possess any foresight?
>>
>one million escaped cockroaches
http://qz.com/118767/chinese-cockroach-farmers-are-making-a-bundle-selling-pulverized-bugs-for-89-per-lb/
>>
>>70281557
>"Bu.. but. Muh buildings! Muh rooms!"
>>
Plants do not have central nervous systems, and we kill many more plants trying to feed all of the live stock.
>>
>>70276958
They just want to stroke themselves over something. The majority have zero special qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>70281418
Wow man. I get being embarrassed by your public humiliation and being exposed like this but at least do yourself a favor and do the fucking research when a guy is helping you out here yeah?

Chitin, is what makes the exoskeleton of ALL creatures that have exoskeletons. No exceptions. That includes ALL insect, ALL crustaceans, and some other things (fungi).

>What is giving examples
>>
>>70282084

So then people who are allergic don't eat this diet? What part of this is so hard to understand?

Not to mention many allergies stem from the fact that the person had low exposure to the said allergen at a young age. If everyone was eating insects then they would grow up on an insect diet and thus this allergy would be greatly reduced.
>>
>>70277448
>refusing to live in harmony with mother nature
But we are living in harmony with nature. This is our place in the natural world, which we got to through our evolution just like every other animal.
Rejecting our predatory skull structure and omnivorous metabolic processes is the true crime against nature. Vegans are fish that refuse to swim, flight-capable birds that never take to the air.
>>
>>70282331
>Being this autistic over a small footnote of an argument simply because you can't handle the girth of the argument which was insect escaping, of which a based anon already gave you a source to prove why it is an issue even on the small scale they were doing it.
>>
>>70282615

Well I'm glad you can handle plenty of girth
>>
Another anti-vegan thread on /pol/? I'm starting to enjoy this place more and more. Nothing amuses me more than whiny sausage lovers. Where you raped by a vegan?
>>
>>70278567
you sound like a landwhale SJW
>>
File: hearhaerhaer.png (254 KB, 269x198) Image search: [Google]
hearhaerhaer.png
254 KB, 269x198
>>70282929
>Welp I can't refute the scinetific evidence they have provided against me"
>"Better start making fun of their sexuality/penis size/etc."

You are literally a tumblr-tier sjw liberal type. go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>70283549

Ignoring the fact that you're samefagging this thread from mobile - I've already refuted your points and you got BTFO.

You just want to keep repeating the same shit over and over again as if saying it more makes it true.
>>
>>70276958

It's been argued that insects have "interests" and might have evolved to feel pain in a way we don't understand yet. It was once thought fish don't feel pain. I also don't know any vegans who try to push their lifestyle onto other people. It's always ppl like op bugging vegans with shit like "why don't u eat meat hurrrr? Animals eat animals therefore it's ok."
>>
>>70284616
Australians are shitposters but at least they realise that.

Americans are dumb as fuck but they don't even notice that.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.