[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work for the New York Times. Am I going to hell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: new-york-times-logo.png (69 KB, 420x272) Image search: [Google]
new-york-times-logo.png
69 KB, 420x272
I work for the New York Times.

Am I going to hell?
>>
Is it really not in a good shape?
>>
>>70277216
My department is doing perfectly fine.
>>
The times is a shitfest right now. WSJ and FT are barely tolerable, I don't know where to go for news these days
>>
>>70275862
Is there a portrait of Carlos Slim in your building?
>>
>>70277351
Reuters and AP. That's literally where everyone else goes.
>>
-How strictly is leftist ideology enforced?
-How are the editors' pick comments chosen?
-Can you please crash the servers or something?
>>
>>70275862
You're on 4chinz...

We're all going to hell.
>>
File: 4chanCatQuestion.png (251 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
4chanCatQuestion.png
251 KB, 382x417
>>70275862
How much do you get paid?
>>
>>70277599
-everyone's either an outspoken leftist or just quietly neutral (like me)
-some love level guy likes a comment, sends it to his department head, department head says yes or no
-no but I can tell you they encourage us to browse reddit for social media trends.
>>
>>70278037
*low level
>>70277881
$375 per day after taxes
>>
Take some money out of the tl;dr last month's news department and put it into hiring copywriters.
>>
Is there any consideration / awareness that the paper is increasingly a liberal echo chamber, with an agenda, that hurts its objectivity? Has readership gone down?
>>
>>70278619
Readership numbers are low but that's true for all publications. It's all about outrage now, and NYT is delivering a more toned down version of that, for older crankier readers with better vocabularies. There's a very "it is what it is" attitude around the workplace. I think the current people at the top want to be more like Vice.
>>
>>70275862
Jews don't believe in hell.
>>
>>70279023
Do you see any end to the outrage culture? Any backlash? It seems like a pretty obvious race to the bottom that can only hurt the company in the long term.
>>
>>70275862
No. Just the unemployment line.

Die in a fire, faggot.
>>
>>70275862
If you're not jewish prepare to lose your job this year
>>
>>70280513
Horeshoe Theory is already in effect in several traditionally leftist news outlets I've come across, like Cracked and AVclub.com. The pendulum will swing back again very soon. My department isn't editorial so I'm not too worried about having to adapt to the new world order.
>>
>>70278113
makin fuckin bank over here
>>
>>70275862
What's your name? We're going to find out who you are now anyway, so you might as well tell us. Unless you're faking.
>>
>>70280761
Ramon Tavaris
>>
>>70275862
Do you get your content from /pol/?
>>
>>70280741
ah, are they eating each other? that's sweet to hear. also seems like you're not a writer guy. can't wait until /pol/ has its own New York Times columnist
>>
>>70281047
I probably should desu
>>
The New York Times used to be a respected newspaper. Now it's just Marxist propaganda that's barely fit to be birdcage liner.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.