[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you support a minimum wage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: Occupy Democrats wages.png (224 KB, 474x528) Image search: [Google]
Occupy Democrats wages.png
224 KB, 474x528
Do you support a minimum wage?
>>
Yes, but it should be at the local level (province/state/county/city) and pegged to inflation.
>>
>>70262801

Yes, I want to make it harder to break up big company's monopolies without gov't assistance.
>>
A lot of these are franchises. They aren't run by the CEOs they are run by local owners separately. They are the ones that have to deal with the increase in price not the CEO.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x370
>>70262801
Butt rape for small business. It will just fuck them over so hard. How in the fuckity fuck can we afford that under all the other taxes and shit!
>>
>>70262801
Liberals act like if we got rid of the minimum wage, everyone would be making $1/hr. In reality, nothing would really change. Some places would pay less, some places would pay more, but it'd all even out.

Also, that picture makes me more motivated to be a CEO than it does to protest corporations.

$5,000 an hour? That's inspirational.
>>
how does Dunkin's CEO still make 4889/hr? I thought that company was fucking dead
>>
>>70262801
Wew! So if you took all of the CEO's wage it wouldn't even start to cover the amount of people they employ. You could increase people's wages by less than cents, yay liberals with no understanding of how money works.
>>
>>70262801

Don't you support common sense gun laws? What do you mean only law abiding citizens would be affected (shall not be infringed) and criminals would still have access to guns? That's racist!

>occupydemocrats

Fuck off, nigger.
>>
>>70262801
Do they not understand the risks a CEO has? Do they assume A CEO just collects an exorbitant salary and faPs to anime all day?

They think that because that's what they want to get paid to do.
>>
>>70262801
>look at how much more CEOs make, can't we afford to pay every person off the streets more money if the person who makes some of the most important decisions makes a lot more than they do?
Oh how I love big scary numbers without context

>>70262902
I am in support of something in line with this, not a flat rate that ignores differing costs of living but one that mirrors the costs of the area.
>>
They're going to be getting rid of workers soon anyway due to automation. Not since the times of the Roman Republic has such a potential problem come up, just like Slaves did the work of Romans and created mass poverty and unemployment so too shall machines do the work of man. Might as well milk the cunts while you can.
>>
File: 65465465462546.jpg (402 KB, 746x1000) Image search: [Google]
65465465462546.jpg
402 KB, 746x1000
>>70262801
I don't think corporations can afford $15 because toilets flush backwards in Australia.

poster note: this argument makes as much sense as the one in OP's pic.
>>
>>70262801
The have more minimum wage workers than ceos
>>
>>70263710
hell, it's what I want to get paid to do too, can't really blame them
>>
>>70262801
1. Franchises are owned locally, but even if they weren't, sector distribution has about 200 people working within each 50 mile radius.

2. You're not asking to increase minimum wage for just corporations. You're doing it for every single business in the country, including the small ones who actually can't afford it. By implying that only big countries matter, lefties are being radically right and trying to crush competition.

3. Minimum wage increase doesn't just effect people who currently make $8.50/hr. It effects everyone who makes between $8.50-14.99.

So lets do some math, shall we?
Lets say you own a small... beef jerky business.
You have a 30% profit margin and you pay your 3 workers $10 an hour (because your generous or something)
So, for every dollar in revenue, you earn $0.30 in profit.

So lets say I sell 100 strips of beef jerky an hour (for 1 hour) for $2 each.
That's $200 revenue and only $60 profit.

So, before I paid my all my workers: $30 and I keep the rest.
Good Deal.

With $15 wage, I'm now paying $45 and I keep $15. This is equal payment, but not equitable payment.
>>
>>70263093
You cannot make this click with the common street liberal, muh free shit, sanders cucked, self loathing little maggot, puke shit stain degenerate, entitled pink haired feminist, Carl and his band of aids spreading micromen.
They cannot fathom such things because they were cucked into thinking the way they do.
For they not know how cfucked they are.
I almost feel sorry for them. You think the army will provide them a safe space on the battlefield of ww3? After they are drafted and conscripted to serve as fodder?
>>
Once again, you could take away all the money those CEOs made and ever will make and repossess all their liquid assets until they're living in the streets, and it wouldn't come close to covering the cost of a pay hike of that magnitude

Also lol at evil Walmart having the most modest CEO salary of any of them
>>
>>70263296
How about a minimum number of employees?
>>
>>70263377
>TFW you wish they'd get rid of min wage so you can get a second side job
>>
>>70263611
Yeah if you take gun rights away it only effect law abideing citizens cause anyone can go online to the silk road buy fully automatic gun thounds of rounds and whatever else without the government or anyone knowing sent to your home it will never stop guns from falling in the wrong hands
>>
>>70262801
Those aren't individual franchisees. Franchise owners are sometimes just as poor as their employees.
>>
>>70262801
It isn't that they can't m80, it's that they won't.
>>
>Libcuck breeding grounds Starfucks and Shitpotle give their CEOs more than the "conservative" companies
lmao
>>
>>70262801
> People that work hard to get paid more shouldn't be paid more
> Reward those that do the bare minimum doing something anyone can do
> Not those that built the company to what it is

The only way this argument works is if a company is known for great service. But when was the last time you said "Wow, that Walmart employee was really nice and helpful"?
Other than that, all those people are expendable. You are talking about raising the min. wage everywhere. Even in places that have high unemployment and have a lower GDP than most places. Yeah, that is going to help local economies
>>
>>70262801
No minimum wage. No fiat currency. No central banks. Noone too big to fail. No illegals. No H2B visas... problem solved
>>
>>70262801

>Occupy Demmocrats
>Posted by a FUCKING LEAF

That's double discarded opinion material right there.
>>
>>70262801
>CEOs manage multi billion dollar companies
>CEOs responsible for tens of thousands of employees
>Tyrone put a cup in a machine then puts a lid on it and fucks it up 25% of the time

yeah they deserve the same
also
>occupydemocrats
sage
>>
>>70264225
> and most importantly your the one taking the risk.
>>
>>70262801
I only make $14 working in a call center and I'll be damned if some fast food shit server is going to earn more for doing less.
>>
>>70262801
>CEOs per corporation: 1
>minimum wage workers per corporation: thousands

What a dumb infographic. And I didn't even get to the part where, just because they can afford to pay a certain amount doesn't mean they should have to. Are we going to start charging rich people more for the same product?
>>
File: unemployment-and-minimum-wage.jpg (30 KB, 705x439) Image search: [Google]
unemployment-and-minimum-wage.jpg
30 KB, 705x439
>>70262801
>>
>>70262801
>Macy's, Chipotle's and JCPenney's CEO getting paid anything other than actual shit.
wtf is wrong with their board and shareholders?
>>
I support more jobs. You shouldn't be working a job where you're pretty much stuck making the minimum wage for the rest of your life. These jobs are called "Entry-level" because they're supposed to be a way to gather experience and move up the ladder. But everyone is unemployed, failing to retire, and competing with thousands of other poor underskilled suckers so they're pretty much stuck making the same shit wage the rest of their life. The only way to fix these shitty dead-end jobs is to bring Chink-level manufacturing back to the United States and prevent underskilled shitskins like Dominicans, Mexicans, and Puerto Ricans from entering our country illegally, because all they do is take up space at the bottom of the career ladder.
>>
>>70262801
In the end big corporations still win because you royally ass fuck small businesses and drive them out. Then the workers get replaced by machines because $15 an hour is expensive as fuck and then nobody but the big business wins.
>>
>THESE LARGELY SUCCESSFUL CORPORATE MONOLITHS CAN AFFORD IT, SO WHY CAN'T SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS?

Is there something I'm not getting here, or is raising the minimum wage not as clear-cut as it seems?
>>
>>70262801
Do a bit of math and you'll find if every CEO took $0 and gave the rest to their employees they'd at the very most get a $0.50 an hour raise and have no job shortly after because the company would collapse.
>>
Arent they paying the Macys guy too much?
>>
>>70262801
NO if you knew anything about business here you wouldn't be opening your fucking mouth. You realize a company here has to double EI and CPP contributions of an employee and match the tax collected off your check.

Jesus christ, FIX THE FUCKING MONEY THATS THE ONLY FUCKING SOLUTION.

Minimum wage hikes wont mean shit when you can't buy a bottle of water for less than 16 dollars.
>>
>>70262801
Obviously we know the big corporations can afford it you fucking mongoloid.

The debate is over how it would affect small businesses and startups
>>
>>70263483
Maybe in Canada, they own all of New England/East Coast and even contest Starbucks here in NYC making them run for their money.
>>
>>70265322

>you must hire 10 people minimum
>you must pay them 15 dollars minimum

Oh well I guess all small businesses that can't afford this just go out of business.

Oh well I guess all small businesses that can't find enough people to work there go out of business.

The megacorps will not be affected precisely because they have so much money. Any ruling what so ever of any kind that limits or forces companies to do shit hurts solely the little guys.
>>
is "occupy democrats" a troll organization?
>>
>>70272280
no, unfortunately.
>>
>>70264225
your math is flawed. the wages are out of the overhead not the 30% profit.
lurn tu count
>>
>>70268722
what policy caused unemployment to fall in 03
>>
>>70271831
Dunkin Donuts is better than Tim Horton's, but no other Canadian will admit that.
>>
>>70266597

This guy gets it.

>Go to Wal Mart
>Can't find something
>Ask for help
>"I don't know. Maybe someone else can"
>Doesn't even offer to call someone over, makes me find them on my own.
>Walk the fuck out.

Bonus to this story, I know the store manager from my time working at Wal Mart years ago. Unhelpful faggot is now unemployed.
>>
>>70268133

>Sits on ass all day
>Thinks anyone does less than them

Topkek
>>
90% of the positions in those companies should be filled by people 18 and under. There's no way you can work there as an adult unless half your cranium is filled with pus.
>>
>>70275745
Are you saying you shouldn't work there for 30 years, never rise up the ranks then complain you're only on $9.50 an hour?
>>
>>70262801
>"muh corporations are evil"

The Canadian says, while drinking from Starbucks coffee while posting on his fancy new computer with open tabs of shopping carts from Amazon filled with anti-corporate propoganda.
>>
File: 1459395397120.jpg (33 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
1459395397120.jpg
33 KB, 780x438
>>70262801

>jcpenney
>4629 /hour
>105000 employees (2015)
>everybody gets a 4 cent raise
>ceo included
>ceo now makes 4 cents /hour

Liberals everybody
>>
>>70262801
In 2013 Chipotle had 45,200 employees. If you divide the CEO's salary entirely among its employees, that's only a .30 increase for every employee.
Highest minimum wage in the US is San Fransisco at $10.74
So as you can see using simple grade school math, no they cannot afford to pay their employees $15 an hour
>>
File: 1458933770802.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1458933770802.gif
1 MB, 200x150
macy's can't afford ANYTHING anymore either

I wonder what happened
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.