[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quitting smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: German_anti-smoking_ad.jpg (36 KB, 442x360) Image search: [Google]
German_anti-smoking_ad.jpg
36 KB, 442x360
Well, I've decided to get rid of this disgusting habit, /pol/. Could you give some tips or successful quitting stories to help a kamerad?
>>
>>70258057
>Smoked for a few weeks
>Realized it was retarded and stopped

Just stop making excuses and quit it, it's fucking easy
>>
>>70259570
>comparing your 2 week play with smoking with a habit of years
But yeah, I'm not making excuses anymore, m8. Quitting for good.
>>
>>70259768
kek, accidently put a trip up
>>
>>70259570
This. I smoked 10 years and had sweats for 2 or 3 days when i quit. It still smells good but havent smoked in 2 years.
>>
>>70258057
The only way to quit is cold turkey.

When you're having cravings, try exercising.

Do not ever let yourself have 'just one for today only' or any bullshit like that.
>>
>>70258057
>Could you give some tips

Yeah. Smoke all the fucking cigarettes you have and don't buy any more.

Try not to become one of those annoying cunts who constantly bums smokes from people who do still buy them.
>>
>>70260029
>cold turkey
That's the plan.

I still don't understand how I can be so fucking stupid as to tempt myself to quit another time. I know that smoking has no benefits(plus a ton of negatives), yet I feel like I am parting with an old friend...
>>
>>70258057
Work on stopping your casual "I'm bored smoking." Let your morning smoke and smoking after sex stay for now.

Once you break the instinctive go for cigarette you can get rid of the others.
>>
It's just an addiction. Nobody needs to smoke. Once you get over the initial hurdle you won't even want it. I used to smoke. Now it just looks disgusting and weak. I mean really, let's inhale this cancerous smelly smoke 10 times a day. Why oh why would anyone ever do that?

Just remember that your soul doesn't want or need smoke. It's the nicotine and smoke that makes you want to smoke.
>>
>>70259570
>a few weeks
>dude its so easy lmao excuses lmao

are you kidding me? is this a joke?
>>
>>70258057
If you want to quit you just have to stop. I smoked for 5 years and quit 3 years ago.

Don't fall for any the jew products that claim to make it easier to curb cravings and ween you off. The way to quit is to stop and then put up with a bit of a struggle. It'll seem terrible but it passes and then you are fine.
>>
>>70260686
Do you still feel any cravings every now or then or are they completely gone after a certain point?
>>
>>70260460
The only joke here is you fuckface.

Smoking is literally giving your money to the jews
>>
>>70260798
I get cravings because I get tired and that used to be my pick me up. Or I'd get hungry and smoke instead of eat. But, as a whole I don't miss it.

Speaking of eating, be careful not to gain weight after you quit. Don't trade addictions (smoking for eating). I gained 10-lbs after I quit, but now I'm below where I started after I figured out what I was doing.
>>
>>70258057
I used natural herb tablets called Smoke Away. Research it.

I liked them because I was not pumping nicotine in me, like with the patches, and the tablets helped take the edge off of cravings while even having St John's Wart in them for the mood swings. And you have to keep yourself away from cig smoke so you don't crave it.

There is even a psychological component in what to do with your hands. As silly as it sounds it is important. While using the tablets I would mock the motions of taking a puff, while pretending to hold a cig in my two fingers, while putting it to my mouth.

I smoked for 15 years, and it was challenging to rid a habit I did every 60 minutes, every waking minute of the day. When you make it to the other side after a few years, you will look back and know it was one of the best things you did for yourself in so many ways from not spending the money, not looking like a degenerate to not having to live your life dependent on something that makes you ill.

Good luck.
>>
>>70258057
Well, put the cigarettes down. Then don't pick them back up again. Keep not picking them up again.

That's how I did it.
>>
>>70261142
>Don't trade addictions (smoking for eating)
I plan on drinking a shitload of water.
>>
>>70258057
Start with Snus/Snuff.

No real science that can prove it is dangerous (except hurting your teeth if you do not brush).
>>
>>70258057
Wait till you get a few days off work then just binge watch tv. Get a good YouTube channel or Netflix so it never stops. If you need a break just go jerk off.

Remove all the ash trays from the house too. It also helps having like half a pack around so it's not like you don't have them your just not having one right now.
>>
>>70261142
>>70260686
This.

I get cravings when I'm tired and need to stay up because I don't drink caffeine and smoking was my only way to stay awake on long nights of work.

I quit for years and actually restarted after a really stressful load of shit happened at the start of this year. I've stopped again for 5 days now and I still feel cravings all day at this point, of course, but the only way to quit is to quit. I'm not doing anything special I'm just being strong with myself. Eventually the normal cravings will go away like 'haven't had a smoke in x amount of time' but the 'I'm drunk and they're smoking that makes me want one' will always be with you.
>>
>>70261153
Oh yeah ...after seeing >>70261142, I forgot to mention that Smoke Away also has a natural appetite suppressant in the tablets, I gained no weight at all.
>>
Smoked for a few years--quit by replacing it with chewing tobacco. After a few months of that I never wanted a cigarette again.
Then I took it a step further; every time I wanted to chew, Id brush my teeth.
ended up with some bright pearly whites and dropped the nicotine jew
>>
>>70258057
I'm still a smoker, but a lot of succesful quiters replace cigs with a healthier addiction eg. running, biking
>>
File: image.png (174 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174 KB, 250x170
Smokers tongue
>>
>>70258057
I smoked for 3 years and just gave it up. I always lit a cig whenever I got in my car, that was the hardest part about quitting for me. Try to find something to replace the habit, I know it sounds like typical bullshit but I'd chew a piece of gum instead of my car smoke. I got stressed a few months later and smoked a pack and a half. If that happens to you just remember the progress you've made and don't buy another pack, no need to get back in the habit. Unless I'm drinking I don't even like the smell of the smoke anymore, I don't see how I used to enjoy it
>>
Go cold turkey. Any other methods or "remedies" will increase your chances of relapsing. It's all about your will.

I wish you luck.
>>
>>70258057
>tips
Just don't fucking do it, it's not hard. It's not like getting in shape or something where you have to actually do something. How hard can it be to not do something?
>>
>>70258057
It's going to be hard. My grandfather did well with nicotine gum. I, on the other hand, didn't. The cravings can get really bad. The best advice I can give you is to power through. There is no "easy mode" on this one.
>>
>>70258057
I highly suggest reading the book Alan Carr's Easy Way.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I stopped after reading it and it was really easy. It's only like 9 bucks on Google play and kindle so end if it doesn't work for you, it's cheap. I seriously can't stress enough how oddly effective the book is.
>>
I just realised that I don't actually like the taste of smoking, I only smoked due to the addiction. So when I wanted to smoke again I was reminded and after a little while I did not need smokes.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.