[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brazil thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
What do Brazil bros?

How's the impeachment going?

How close are you to societal collapse at present?

Pic unrelated
>>
Bump for potential actual news.
>>
>>70258395

Where the huehuehue bros at?
>>
>brazil
>happening

nope. we are back to monkey business as usual. pls come to the olympics, we dont have zika anymore i swear.
>>
File: 681727683.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
681727683.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>70257646
Nothing is happening. Time to move along, eternal Anglo.
>>
>>70259575
Waters still a health hazard?
>>
>>70257646

>big hole from navel piercing

D R O P P E D

R

O

P

P

E

D
>>
>>70259575

But you've got sewage polluting all the streams for the water events bro, what do?
>>
>>70260130
Drink red bull instead you dummy
>>
>>70260130
rio is basically fucked. its gonna be the worse olympics ever unless Brazil pulls a complete 180.

Whats going on with Dilma atm anyways, hues?
>>
>>70257646
O L Y M P I C S
L
Y
M
P
I
C
S
>>
Post more beach babes OP
>>
>>70260249
thats not what he means, the bay thats supposed to be used by athletes to compete in water events (like boating and swimming and shit) is filled with sewage water and according to CNN its no where near ready for the olympic games just months away. Also apparently no one is buying tickets to the Rio olympics because of some virus scare and general high crime rates against tourists
>>
>>70260560
>>70259575
>>70259739
>>70260249

One for the Brazil bros, quick translation request please bros.

What does she say at 57:23 ?

www.xvideos.com/video8653946/louco_desejo_entre_irmaos

Thanks senpai.
>>
>>70260633

Syringes and shit in the water too apparently.

Imagine having to canoe through there in the water sports.
>>
>>70260938
he's hard
>>
>>70261526

Can you tell me exactly what she says bro?

Just before that she says "ancho que pra voce tambem". Am I right?

Thanks bro
>>
File: marina silva.jpg (403 KB, 1064x1587) Image search: [Google]
marina silva.jpg
403 KB, 1064x1587
>>70257646
>yfw the missing link will become president in 2018 whether or not Dilma gets taken out
>>
>>70262291

Bikini pics?

I thought Brazil was going in the right direction on the politics front anyway?
>>
>>70257646
>>70258395

yesterday the guy in charge of analyzing the accusation and defense pieces for the commision for the implementation of the impeachment process spent 4 hours reading his technical paper

despite this particular accusation piece being extremely flawed and having no basis to incriminate dilma under our current constitution he went forward anyway and recomended the commission should vote for the instauration of the impeachment process on the lower house

today was off-day so everyone in the comission could read the paper, friday through monday they will hold discussions over the document and then finally voting is supposed to take place late monday, which is probably going in favor of the impeachment, however the vote on the lower house should be more difficult since the government is distributing offices left and right to make new allies

this whole deal is pretty shameful btw, I don't think it's coupe d'etat like the government people shout but it's not the best way to make dilma fall, if she gets temporarily taken out on a technically flawed process/accusations we won't get far, the process will be killed in the Senate where people are more reasonable, the Supreme Court will step in and make it null or the vice-president's government would be extremely unstable because he could be accused of the very same charges

another construction industry mogul opened his mouth yesterday and there's piling evidence that the campaign for dilma's 2014 reelection was funded by money fueled by bribes from overpriced construction contracts, plus the guy that got elected to preside the supreme electoral court for this year's municipal elections (and consequently judge dilma's 2014 donations) is fortunately the only single judge left appointed by the previous administration in the 90's before the worker's party rose to power so she is going to be fucked

we should be focusing on this which is sure instead of going with a shady highly political impeachment process
>>
File: 196827567.jpg (120 KB, 884x590) Image search: [Google]
196827567.jpg
120 KB, 884x590
>>70262291
She doesn't really have any chance of becoming president. Democratically speaking, Bolsonaro would be the next president, but due to political instability in the country, democratically electing the next president is an unlikely event.
>>
Just got back from a visit to Brazil, my first. I was with a religious group in the Sao Paulo area. Brazilians seem very friendly, mostly, and love life more than we do, but SP seems either like Italy or like Africa depending on where you go. Strange combination of first- and third-world. Great food and drink, I'm sipping some cachaca as I write this. 8/10 will consider going again someday.
>>
>>70260427
Impeachment voting is in one week, main allied party left government but they also released their government positions for Lula to negotiate, outside of giving money and larger budgets, to buy 1/3 of the congress to avoid the impeachment.

The new closest party of the government has 70% of it's congressman being investigated on the car wash operation. Dilma is just making rallies with unionist and bought "social movements" every day complaining how it's a coup and she is innocent. In the between more and more evidences of corruption in the elections are being leaked.
>>
>>70262727
>Bolsonaro would be the next president

I'm hardly well-versed in Brazilian politics and even I know those are the words of someone with their head stuck completely up their ass

Even Eneas would gather more votes and he's dead
>>
>>70263045

Is it true Lula is planning to run off to Italy and claim asylum? Veja had an article about it last week.
>>
File: 10703183028.jpg (152 KB, 597x400) Image search: [Google]
10703183028.jpg
152 KB, 597x400
>>70263045
>Dilma is just making rallies with unionist and bought "social movements" every day complaining how it's a coup and she is innocent. In the between more and more evidences of corruption in the elections are being leaked.

Which is why the population should remain quiet and out of the streets (protests)/public debates and avoid mentioning these flaws. Works just like quicksand - the more they try to push it the further they'll sink. We should just let them push and they will eventually fail. On that day we can safely make our move.
>>
>>70263236
I don't think you remotely understand Brazilian politics. It's not worth debating at this point, regardless.
>>
>>70263702
>>70263045
>>70262727

Sorry to bother you bros, and interrupt the revolution talk. but could I get that translation please?

Thanks senpai
>>
>>70263806

You give the rest of us an ELI5?

How fucked are you at present?
>>
>>70263423
Unlikely, it was just reporters trying to get a scoop by connecting vague points. He probably believes he can defeat the judge controlling car wash using his political influence, in particular through his puppet president, and connections in the supreme court.
>>
>>70262727

>Bolsonaro would be the next president

God fucking forbid. We don't need any more meme politicians in power.

I'll tell you what we need: first we need a hardass man willing to take unpopular measures to put the country back on track again and then we need a guy with a fucking vision for the brazilian economy like GV, JK or Médici/Geisel had.

>>70262953

>SP seems either like Italy or like Africa depending on where you go. Strange combination

It's called social inequality and I love it.

>>70263423

He was in talks with Italy and Uruguay. He's safe for now though because judge Moro fucked up and the Supreme Court ordered his investigations to be sent to them so they can decide if they want to investigate Lula themselves or send it back to lower instance.
>>
File: hue.jpg (58 KB, 469x599) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
58 KB, 469x599
Only serious answer you'll find in the thread. Savor it while it's hot:

>How's the impeachment going?
It's being voted by a special committee that needs to decide if the process should proceed or not. All indicates that it'll pass this vote and move on to the Senate.

If it reaches the Senate the president is automatically forced out of the power until the impeachment is resolved (regardless of being in favor or against her). It's not very clear if the majority of the Senate is in her favor or not.

>How close are you to societal collapse at present?

Not very. Zika and Chykungunya are annoying but they're not the first and not the worst tropical pandemics we had. Every year for the last 50 years or more we've had Dengue epidemics in summer and by winter mosquitoes stop breeding and everyone forgets about it until next year.

The political unrest has affected economy and the president had to do a lot of things she promised she wouldn't do (like raising the price on gas and electricity and sheit) and now even the people that voted her hate her. She was elected by a 2% margin (51% over 49%) but polls show more than 80% of the country hates her deeply now.

There was a 3.8 million people march to remove her from the government, and people that defend her say it's the media trying to manipulate them. The 3.8 million people say Dilma is trying to manipulate poor people by providing gibsmedats and making them dependent on social programs (which is true and the only reason why her party keeps winning elections).

It's basically the biggest political happening in the history of our country since independence, but the corruption is probably too big to overthrow her, so the impeachment will be stopped soon and we'll go back to normal. The political unrest will stop and we'll go back to being the strongest economy in south america with a lot of government corruption that no one gives a fuck about, and by winter the zika mosquitoes will die down before the Olympics.
>>
>>70264084

Don't kid yourself m8 Lula was about to hop on a plane and live in exile for the rest of his life but Moro stepped in just in the right exact time which made him pissed off and now he's on the ofensive again.
>>
>>70263806
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/poder/2016/03/1751951-pesquisa-datafolha-mostra-marina-a-frente-em-todos-os-cenarios-para-2018.shtml

>less than 5%
>>
>>70264240

Also, everyone here and out expected the World Cup to be a massive failure because of the lack of infrastructure for big international events here, but it was actually a pretty big economic/touristic success.

We kind of need the Olympics to be a disaster to be a final nail in the coffin of this president, but knowing how things usually go in Brazil it'll go decently enough and people will be stupid enough to forget all this shit happening.

I'll be seriously extremely surprised if they manage to impeach her. Corruption here makes House of Cards look like child's play.
>>
Repost the pic of the girl in op
>>
>>70261863
she says: "tou com tezao, e acho que voce tambem", means exacly "im horny, and i think you are too"
>>
File: 1960103_.jpg (46 KB, 428x758) Image search: [Google]
1960103_.jpg
46 KB, 428x758
>>70264082
Can't speak for everyone, but as someone from Rio Grande do Sul I'm fairly comfy. I wouldn't say the same about those currently in charge and under investigation.

>>70264148
>>70264240
Ssshh!

>>70264491
>Datafolha
>Pesquisa

Hahahaha! Got to admit I appreciate the innocence of the American people, proves you haven't been severely corrupted by the government, at least not yet.
>>
>>70264240

Thanks bro. Much appreciated break down. I wish you well bros.

One last request, quick verbatim translation please:

>>70260938

Thanks senpai
>>
>>70264240

>It's being voted by a special committee that needs to decide if the process should proceed or not. All indicates that it'll pass this vote and move on to the Senate.

the commission will vote for the impeachment for sure because its composition was manipulated by Cunha but I don't think the lower house will vote along with it, so it probably won't even reach senate

Lula is too good at partitioning our massive government and distributing it to corrupt people all around the country to make allies
>>
>>70264833

No I mean just after that mate, at exactly 57:23, hard to hear what she says.
>>
>>70264148
>It's called social inequality and I love it.

I'm not one of those gringos crying over the favelas -- I'm sure the shack life can be pretty comfy because of the climate and the cheap fruit and other food, but it must be even harder for poor people in Brazil to climb out of poverty and better themselves than it is here in Canada because the prices of education and real estate are pretty high but the average wage is lower.
>>
>>70265074

She says "Nossa olha como ele tá duro ó".
Which means "Wow look at how hard he is, look".
>>
>>70265074
can help you, she says "nossa, como ta duro!" means "damn thats hard!"
>>
>>70264940
>its composition was manipulated by Cunha
You mean by Dilma that for example had manipulated PMDB internal elections to get Picciani as their leader so to choose people in her favor. She also tried to buy the reporter (relator) with a position for someone he indicated, but he also betrayed her in the end.
>>
File: 08413662.jpg (71 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
08413662.jpg
71 KB, 640x960
>>70265271
>>70265333

Successfully trolled by the eternal Anglo.
>>
>>70265271

So she's not talking to him?

Is Portuguese an easy language to learn by the way?
>>
>>70265333

Thanks bro
>>
>>70264964

You couldn't find any Hot Brazilian nudes... ?
>>
>>70265673
>Is Portuguese an easy language to learn by the way?

It's not bad, easier if you've studied French or Italian or (especially) Spanish before. I was just in Brazil for two weeks and it helped a lot to hear it spoken, although there's a big difference between talking with somebody working-class versus somebody educated -- the latter obviously speaking much more clearly.
>>
>>70265673

She might be thinking out loud or talking to him. Imagine a girl rubbing your dick and mentioning how hard it is out loud.

Portuguese is a bit harder to master than English, but not very hard. You can probably learn enough to communicate well in one year or two.

Just make sure to take classes from a Brazilian and not a Portuguese teacher. People say the Brazilian accents and ways of speaking are a lot easier to get into at first.
>>
>>70265191

>poor people in Brazil to climb out of poverty

To be fair nobody is able to climb out of shit, ous massive and shitty state paralyzes social mobility. Lula supposedly took 6 gorillion brazilians out of poverty by giving them gibsmedats so they could buy levi pants at the shopping mall, but now that the economy is in shambles again they are all back at eating rice and beans only. Gee, that wasn't expected at all!

The poor people will never climb out of poverty because public education and health is absolute shit, so they stay dumb their entire lives electing the same demagogue politicians, wreck their bodies working in the industry, get in line for benefits and then eventually die in line at hospital. Then for the middle class we have to pay a shit ton of taxes on everything (business, employees, food, tech products, imports) and then we deal alone with the costs of private education and health so our children can become office drones stuck 3 hours a day in traffic just like us and die of stress related heart disease in a comfortable hospital bed.

It's a shitty existence overall, Brazil is only good for the government officials and their friends in business.

>>70265397

Well, both tried to manipulate the commission but clearly Cunha succeeded seeing how both the President and the relator are on his side (his own fucking lawyer helped write the relator piece even).
>>
>>70266365
>The poor people will never climb out of poverty because public education and health is absolute shit, so they stay dumb their entire lives electing the same demagogue politicians, wreck their bodies working in the industry, get in line for benefits and then eventually die in line at hospital. Then for the middle class we have to pay a shit ton of taxes on everything (business, employees, food, tech products, imports) and then we deal alone with the costs of private education and health so our children can become office drones stuck 3 hours a day in traffic just like us and die of stress related heart disease in a comfortable hospital bed.

This sounds exactly like Canada desu irmão. I used to live in Toronto and it was exactly the same kind of pointless rat race, so I moved to a remote country region to cut my costs and I've never been happier. I always wonder why the people sleeping on street corners in Sao Paulo didn't just stay in whatever little town or village they came from, they'd probably be better off overall, both spiritually and economically.
>>
>>70266080
How was the trip? Did you explore or play it safe in the tourist routes?

>>70266321

Thanks for the responses mate. Find it interesting that you and the Portuguese bro disagree on what she said, is that because there's a difference in the South American Portuguese from European Portuguese?

A bit like South American Spanish etc?
>>
i want to run away from my precious country, im middle class with higher education(digital animation)
wat do?
>>
>>70266800
>How was the trip? Did you explore or play it safe in the tourist routes?

I was with a religious tour group (wife's idea) so it was kind of controlled that way, which was frustrating, but on the other hand maybe the best way to get exposure to the country for the first time because of the unfamiliarity and the possible dangers. I was pretty much just around the Sao Paulo area so didn't see any other tourists at all, but we did get to meet a fair number of ordinary Brazilians here and there and I can speak some Portuguese, though not well, so I was able to talk them a bit. Next time I'll rent a car and take a look at the back country of SP state and beyond, plus I'll make damn sure I have a hotel room with air-conditioning (we stayed in an old convent without amenities where I roasted every night).
>>
>>70266723

It's the globalists fault fucking over the middle class worldwide. They don't want any social mobility from us, they want to lock us down in place until every third worlder in the planet reaches the same sad mediocre standard of living. If this is the future we are building, and it'll take decades to accomplish, more than our entire lives probably, just fucking kill me already or plug me into VR indefinitely.

>I always wonder why the people sleeping on street corners in Sao Paulo didn't just stay in whatever little town or village they came from, they'd probably be better off overall, both spiritually and economically.

Well, a lot of people are born into poverty in large metropolitan areas and stay there their entire lives instead of exploring the country. It's sad but it's reality. However there's a social strata among very poor people that lean toward the hippie/hobo's mentality called "malucos de estrada" (literally "road lunatics/loonies/nutjobs") that live going up and down massive Brazil via its roads, just walking the road, smoking weed and stopping at towns to sell arts and craft. There's a documentary on youtube, I don't know if it has subtitles yet but it's pretty good, even if there aren't it might be worth to skip through it to see the visuals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2xYfyEANMw
>>
>>70267552

Thanks for the documentary, looks interesting. I'm trying to improve my Portuguese for the next trip so I'll watch it and try to pick up words on my own.
>>
>>70267225

>Next time I'll rent a car and take a look at the back country of SP state and beyond

That's a good idea, SP is the state with the highest HDI and the best infrastructure in the country, but you might find it very homogeneous. As we are very economically developed you'll see tons of companies/industries nearer the capital (megalopolis são paulo-campinas) and the farther you go more and more sugar cane plantations. People in the countryside lead a comfortable quiet life, lots have chácaras (ranchs) or at least their little backyard. Medium cities have the infrastructure and the americanized commerce with shopping malls and food courts, etc.

Some highlights for tourists are:

1. historical tourism you'll have old coffee farms that date back to the 18th century (they were descentralized centers of power so they produced everything, their owners ruled the land, some info on slavery) and old churches peppered throughout the countryside, but there are better historical spots throughout Brazil outside of São Paulo;

2. environmental tourism there are tons of waterfalls in the countryside but the highlight is our coastline which is beautiful like the rest of Brazil. Campos de Jordão going towards the state of Minas Gerais has a mountain tropical climate, which is colder and the architecture is pretty nice.

You might find it odd but the Capital is actually the strongest thing we have regarding tourism by far, so if you are not into modern urban tourism too bad.
>>
>>70268948
>the Capital is actually the strongest thing we have regarding tourism by far, so if you are not into modern urban tourism too bad.

Nah, I'd go to Brasilia just to see the architecture (though I'm not a fan of Niemeyer, it must be said), plus our religious group has some contacts there. Might be worthwhile to drive it from SP. I'm not much into beaches -- I live on the Atlantic Ocean anyway, but what interests me is the "deep" part of any country where the national character is expressed most strongly.
>>
>>70269248

I meant the capital of the state, São Paulo. Brasilia is nice but the weather is kinda rough, veyr dry and hot, but you go to see the architecture and take tours inside the government buildings.

You'll have a rough time knowing our 'national character' in any single car trip though. We are divided in 5 regions (north, northeast, midwest, southeast, south) and it's not arbitrary, every region is VERY distinct, from terrain, climate, vegetation, demographics, tradition, territory occupation, economic activitiy, regional variance of the language, etc.

The countryside people of São Paulo are called "caipira" (redneck). The stereotype of old caipiras would be them playing the guitar by the riverside (like the Piracicaba river) singing lazily in a very heavy accent about the good farm life, but nowadays that is very much gone, replaced by shitty sertanejo music and beer fueled rodeos (Barretos has the biggest arena). You'll also have festivals of corn and what not.
>>
>>70264429
Source?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.