[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
State news tax in Germany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14
File: germany-01.jpg (19 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
germany-01.jpg
19 KB, 1000x600
Just found out theres a tax Germans pay for state run news media -- or something to that effect? What the hell? You /pol/acks of the German persuasion, is this true?
>>
It's not a tax, it's a fee.
You are not obliged to pay if you don't use them.
Our "statemedia" used to be pretty decent actually. Only recently did ARD and ZDF start to spew what our government wants them to.
WDR is still based imo
>>
>>70250678
almost all european countries have some sort of "media"tax that pays for state run tv-channel.
>>
>>70250678
It's way worse, it's a network of companies owned by a few oligarchs who have royal privlege by the government to force anybody to buy their shit, whether they like to or not.
So not a tax, it's a forced membership by a newly created executive that isn't controlled by anyone.
>>
>>70250914
Oh okay, fee is fine. Same deal with PBS etc here -- except you donate directly if you feel like it. Why do you have "state media" in quotes though? Is it more like quasi public-private or something?
>>
>>70251081
That sucks, first comment says it isn't mandatory though?
>>
It's basically their equivalent of the British TV license.
Most European countries have something like it.
>>
>>70250914
Have you been living under a rock or are you shitposting? You are forced to pay if you have a place to live and don't get Hartz4 (got forbid Turk Herrenmenschen would have to pay for it).
>>
>>70251081
still i love it. No, commercial and decent varied content. Not just fucking master-chef or stupid reality programs 24/7. But, i don't pay the fee beacsue i said i don't have a tv. I download everything anyways.
>>
>>70251082
Sounds awful if everyone is forced as you say -- first comment says no one is obligated though?
>>
>>70251168
First comment is lying his ass off.
>>
>>70250678
you have that in all European countries man
>>
>>70250678
it's a fixed price that we have to pay ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE ADS LIKE EVERY OTHER STATION, TOO.

We literally pay money in order to get us some propaganda shit force-fed
>>
>>70250914
>You are not obliged to pay if you don't use them.
wrong, you have to pay even if you do not own any tvs, radios etc.
>>
>>70251095
Its a fee. Think its 300$ a year or so if you have equipment to recieve tv-signals. In Norway we have NRK, in sweden SVT and i guess the equivalent in UK is BBC.
>>
>>70250678
Yes and they have put people in prison for not paying it.
>>
>>70250914
>You are not obliged to pay if you don't use them.
if you have a tv, radio or anything that can access the internet you have to pay it.
which is retarded, i dont watch tv or use any of their websites and i'm still forced to pay. and since there is a lot of money involved you dont have a chance of getting out of it. recently a woman actually went to jail for 2 months since she didn't pay it. on a side note she had free tv and radio access in jail.
>>
>>70251444
In Germany they have a deal with the government to make everyone pay, wheter they have a TV or not. Only exception are people on welfare (beta faggot students on Bafög, Turk families and other hartz4-dynasties).
>>
>>70251620
Ok, they are probably going to change it soon here to. Less people own tvs. I think sweden went form what we have to a general "media-tax" like you portray.
>>
File: 1457608164928.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1457608164928.gif
833 KB, 200x150
>>70250678

>Paying Propaganda fees

Depends, I lived 5 years in Germanistan and never paid the GEZ.

And since the OGH verdict I also don't pay GIS.

Fuck paying for bad propaganda.
>>
>>70250914
How much does it cost per year?
>>
>>70251396
Some of the answers on here contradict, but maybe it's just different definitions of terms -- but if anyone is bring forced to pay for a channel, ads or not (though the ads probably make it slightly worse) then I don't see how that can be justified in a liberal democracy/western country. Propaganda or not -- most Americans would hate this idea even if the channel was just sports.
>>
>>70251970
And can be easily enforced because Germans are cucks and go along with it.
They even enjoy watching Afd bashing on ARD and ZDF.
>>
File: What 2.jpg (23 KB, 216x310) Image search: [Google]
What 2.jpg
23 KB, 216x310
>mfw Americans give us shit over a TV license when this exists
>>
>>70250914
Are you you retarded, if you have a place to live you have to pay. If you don't you can go to jail or they will impound your bank account.
>>
>>70250678
google NPR
>>
>>70252270
The public channels like NPR, PBS, CSPAN etc in US are paid for through donations, fundraisers -- stuff like that. No one is taxed.
>>
>>70251970
where do they contradict?

>>70252129
Richtig. They actually perform leftist propaganda against right wing parties.

I fucking hate my own country, I physically feel uncomfy being a part of it
>>
>>70250914
Wrong! This must be a ROACH.
You have to pay or end up in jail.
>>
>>70252187
The TV license doesn't sound as bad but i would still prefer a less big brothery approach. Thing is with all media is it can't be completely unbiased and objective because people can't be completely unbiased and objective... there is no real way to ensure that what is being broadcast is something that wouldn't conflict with the taxpayers belief system. Though to be honest this is the first I've head that americans give you shit about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x460
>>70250678
>Germans literally pay to be lied to by their government

Congrats on being even more cucked than Canada
>>
>>70252589
Some of the answers are saying it isn't mandatory. Others, yours for example, say it is mandatory. Taking it all together I'm inclined to believe the answers that lean more toward yours... sounds like it's more or less mandatory, some exceptions here and there, which is the same deal as mandatory in my view.
>>
>>70250914
Our was decent enough when there were only 3 channels. They get way to much money to deliver news and produce shitty series.
>>
File: 1455560994369.jpg (99 KB, 700x495) Image search: [Google]
1455560994369.jpg
99 KB, 700x495
In the Netherlands it is included in the tax.
Very sad actually. It is literally a state-run propaganda channel. They are very social democratic, anti-Putin, pro-EU, pro-compassion and progressive. On their set they have diversity quota's and they even have a gay presentator.
>>
This is all I could find through google.

http://m.dw.com/en/more-and-more-germans-boycotting-state-media-fees/a-19165376

Does anyone know what the tax is called, and who pushed for it? We need to start compiling more data on these communistic shadow intrests. (Who they are, who it profits, who they associate with, ect.)
>>
File: 1446143702284.jpg (80 KB, 599x685) Image search: [Google]
1446143702284.jpg
80 KB, 599x685
>>70250914
>It's not a tax, it's a fee.
and that is plainly wrong.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beitrag
You have to pay it, no matter if you use it or not. It's technically not called tax but it is.
>>
>>70253028
Every day their channel gets millions of views during the 20:00 hour news. Millions of Dutch people, espescially elderly who watch that shit because its tradition, get fed pictures of sad refugee women and children and they show documentaries about how hard the refugees have it. It's always about how we need to help them etc.
>>
>>70252943
you can get jailed if you don't pay. They might not care about you/ might be afraid of knocking at your door if you are a buffed skinhead but at one point they WILL persecute you.

A friend of mine wanted to pay with pennies and THEY rejected but eventually they sued him, resistance is not a choice
>>
>>70250914
>It's not a tax, it's a fee

Like there is a fucking difference
>>
>>70253373
>...you pay this for the opportunity that the state can provide you the possibility of using something
in this case it is quality tv and radio broadcasts. fucking jews
>>
>>70253213
See >>70253028
>>70253390

The Dutch State-run media (called NOS or NPO)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOS_Journaal

Our minister of education, from the labour party (A female) said that the television set on the dutch state run news channel was '"too white" a while ago, and that it needed more people of colour on it.
>>
>>70253473
Having to pay a fee to a private company you didn't order anything from because they have the government on their leash and will let is loose to arrest you is more humiliating than paying a tax.
>>
>>70252943
some people here seem to be stuck in their basement for to long and have mommy handle the GEZ

old regulation: you had to pay for being able to receive public funded programs (TV, radio, computer with internet access)
you could just deny to own such things and deny access to your home, when the GEZ mafia showed up to collect propaganda fees

new regulation: fees have to be paid per household, if you are registered with the city, you automatically receive mafia mail that gets higher and higher if you don't pay

some fight against it and go to court, but most germans are cucks with no balls and a tendency to sheepish obediency
>>
File: 1458718701287.jpg (53 KB, 553x827) Image search: [Google]
1458718701287.jpg
53 KB, 553x827
>>70251869
If you have your own place to live or a car you have to pay 18 euros per month. Except you're on welfare.

The German people are financing their Government Propaganda.
>>
The problem is stockholm syndrome. People in the Netherlands have way to much faith in the government. It is drilled into your heads from birth.
We actually live in totalitarian nanny-states. Many don't want to acknowledge that but it is true. And people are proud on it too. Everywhere you go you see Dutch people laughing at those "silly" americans with their "backward" gun/gay/abortion laws and their "ridiculous" politics, as if the Dutch are intellectually superior somehow. I cannot stand this European arrogance. It is something that the tax-payer paid propaganda channels have kept pushing down the citizens throats and now they believe it like common sense.
>>
>>70250678
fuck you OP, your flag is wrong
>>
And the worst thing is, the police can come into my door any time now and arrest me for making rightwing propaganda and hatespeech. I am not kidding. They will seize my computer and I'll have to go to court. It has happened already. And the worst thing of all, even if your lawyer (which, you don't pay for but is GIVEN to you from the government) proves that you are innocent, you cannot 'sue' the government and receive cash as reparations for the damage down to your equipment and also your social life in general.

The same thing with our constitution, which basically means nothing since the government can change it any time they want. In Belgium they had grea gun laws 10 years ago, then a shooting happened, and immediately they got very strict gun bans and laws, no democracy, no choice from the people, just bam, gun ban. Same thing happens here.
>>
just read that one episode of "tatort" costs approx. 1 million euro.
>>
>>70253656
Thanks, I'll dig in.
>>
>>70254675
Kind of relevant, I'm not sure if you got this but this happened awhile ago, some guy ran live into the news channel on 20:00 when millions of Dutch where watching, with a gun. He said he had a message to the Dutch people that he wanted to broadcast, but the police overtook him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh4QDSyJOU0
>>
File: 800px-Logo_GEZ_2010.png (18 KB, 800x339) Image search: [Google]
800px-Logo_GEZ_2010.png
18 KB, 800x339
>>70250914
>>70251240
>>70253473
>It's not a tax, it's a fee
it used to be a fee you have to pay for owning "media-capable" devices like radios, TVs, PCs and so on.
but they reformed it and since 2013 everyone has to pay
18 EIGHTEEN € per MONTH

only a few people with low income and so on can apply for a temporary exemption from this
>>
>>70254966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyJ8nYzkME&nohtml5=False
>>
>>70254540
Fuck me indeed -- so it is. Wonder why that is -- one of the first images that pops up on Google if you search germany.
>>
>>70255457
i thought you were making a meme joke towards >>70254540 pic related ... sad it actually is indeed one of the first few pics on google ...
>>
>>70255966
Does it have an alternative meaning? -- more believable that the kid just fucked up his little poster, weird that a geography site would get it wrong. http://edugeography.com/content/germany.html
>>
File: Maerz1848_berlin.jpg (154 KB, 900x705) Image search: [Google]
Maerz1848_berlin.jpg
154 KB, 900x705
>>70256239
no diffrent meaning from different ordering of the colors.
it just dates back to the colors used in 1848 and wrong order would just be historically incorrect.
Only thing wrong with getting the coloring in wrong order is that it shows, how little you actually care about germany (aka the place little achmed wants to call his home)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Germany
>>
Isn't that the standard tv tax
>>
>>70250914
I know everything about TV maksu.

It's literally robbery and TV maksu is a great reason for why we need a 2nd amendment in Finland.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 98x118) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 98x118
>>70250678
>>
>>70250678
Hast du schon GEZahlt?

Theres a golden rule in Germany, if it exists there are taxes for it
>>
>>70257369
no such thing anymore isnt it all yle-vero which was just a way to force even those without a tv to pay
>>
>>70257854
They just got sneakier
>>
AHHHHHHH SAD COP LMAO
>>
>>70251869
About 204 € per year.
>>
>>70254966
Wow.

Maybe he was crazy, or maybe he had some truth to share.

Was he truly acting alone? Or is that what thr globalist police want you to think because they killed his network? We will probably never know.
>>
It's 17.50 a month and you have to pay it no matter what

But it's always fun to rage at the political discussion shows with the other german anons, so I feel ambivalent about the issue
>>
>>70262684
But you are lliterally giving your money to the globalist machine that will use it to create more convincing false flags and policies that will strip you of your rights and your children and countrymens free thought.

This is literally forced brainwashing on a massive scale.
>>
>>70262960
Life is hard

All we can do to counter those who control 'information' is to control 'context'. How do you control context? With the 'genes of culture', memes. Do you understand anon, for our memes to be effective, we need this. THEY are playing into OUR hands without even knowing it.
>>
File: 1406.jpg (53 KB, 335x400) Image search: [Google]
1406.jpg
53 KB, 335x400
>>70250914
>Our "statemedia" used to be pretty decent actually. Only recently did ARD and ZDF start to spew what our government wants them to.
This is a lie and you should know better.
Today German media is not allowed to publish anything that goes against the "European idea", which is exactly the same situation you guys we're in a bit earlier. It just was about the east (reunifiaction, ding ding) you weren't allowed to talk shit about. Now its the EU. Your press was never free to begin with.

And that's not coming from some silly mountain jew, but comes from some ex ARD-kek (I think) that had an interview with some Telepolis kek some months ago... Too lazy to find the source, but there you should find it.
>>
>>70263529
See:
"Heute quatscht einfach jeder mit"
http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/47/47891/1.html

Journalists are, if not afraid as fuck, annoyed as hell already. kek.
>>
File: billboard.jpg (121 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
billboard.jpg
121 KB, 500x333
>>70252752
>doesn't sound as bad
>>
File: 1455194016066.png (66 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1455194016066.png
66 KB, 616x596
>>70250914
WTF?
Are you full of shit?

It IS an obligation! You fucking subhuman!
And the program is liberal-leftist shit, 24/7
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.