[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
niggers and liberal scum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5
Military, Hamburgers and Minimum Wage
A little info for the liberals.
Low military pay was not mentioned in the State Of The Union speech. However, increasing the minimum wage
for those fast food employees striking for $15 an hour was mentioned. Let's do some math:
At $15 an hour Johnny Fry-Boy would make
$31,200 annually.
An E1 (Private) in the military makes
$18,378 or $8.85/hour
An E5 (Sergeant) with 8 years of service
only makes $35,067 annually or 16.86/hour.
So you're telling me, LaTisha McBurger Flipper, that you deserve as much as those kids getting shot at, deploying for months in hostile environments, and putting their collective asses on the line every day protecting your unskilled butt!?
Here's the deal, Baconator, you are working in a job designed for a kid in high school who is learning how
to work and earning enough for gas, and hanging out with their equally
goofy high school pals. If you have chosen this as your life long
profession, you have failed. If you don't want minimum wage, don't have
minimum skills.
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If it's in English, thank a Veteran.
>>
>>70235392
thanks
>>
>>70235392

of course, soldiers also receive room & board, meals, and their wives/children get stipends as well. not to mention all the money they suckle from the government teat after they finish their service.

in other words, kill yourself OP
>>
Gets better every time it's posted.
>>
>>70235392
Politics works on compromise, it's a negotiation. You need to open high and negotiate down to what you actually want.

With the exception of areas with a high cost of living, you shouldn't expect to actually see a 15$ minimum wage.
>>
>>70235659
You forgot tax free income while deployed in addition to all the hazardous duty pay.
>>
File: 1459902422398.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459902422398.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>70235392
They're actually saying that burger flippers deserve way, way more than guys getting shot at. Military jobs are salaried and involve working long ass fucking hours, way more than just showing up and doing a shift at McDonald's. The burger flipper job comes with a lot more time off, and that time off isn't spent in the middle of nowhere or in a tent in a desert.
>>
>>70235899
>>70235812
>>70235674

hi children!

see >>70235659 and>>70235899
>>
>>70235972
>quoting your own post
kill yourself
>>
>>70235392
A Sgt only makes 35k? My recruiter told me military pay was great and that he makes a fortune and he's a Sgt. WTF. He talked about how he just bought a tv that he can move left and right on the wall. That cock sicker lied to me. Is it to late to quit? I haven't gone to boot yet
>>
>>70235392
Anon, all you have done is prove that soldiers should be paid more.

>>70235899
Again, that seems more of an argument to pay soldiers more, not burger flippers less.

"Occupation A is worth more than Occupation B so the salaries of people in Occupation B should be kept low" is not a sensible argument.
>>
>>70235392
Most military personnel are bigger welfare queens than niggers
>>
>>70235392
>$31,200 annually

Why are you assuming minimum wage workers are full time? If you're minimum wage chances are high that you're part time, and your employer will simply cut hours to keep labor costs down
>>
reminder that just because someone makes more doesn't mean you make less
>>
>>70236249
It's right there on the fucking website, anon. Sgt start at 26k. After 4 years they get 30k. After 6 years they get 35k. Do some fucking research on your career.
>>
>>70236462
Yes it is. Value of labor is relative. Its also why raising the min wage doesnt magically get rid of poverty, and just results in inflation and less jobs
>>
>>70236642
>This nigga thinks managers at mcdonalds will make more than 15.
>>
>>70236691
I didn't think I had to. I assumed my recruiter wasn't a lying sack of shit
>>
>>70236203

no rebuttal? stay in school you fucking teenie bopper
>>
>>70236746
>chances are high that you're part time

One full time manager over a dozen flippers
>>
Nice how t here's nobody in that building. You think they're at the Burger King across the street, because they don't want to put up with what used to be someone's job?

Because that's what happened here in Florida to one that did it. They replaced the cashier with a machine and now everyone's going to Hardee's next door because the machine does what they tell it to, and they're a bunch of goddamned idiots. Of course, that just means no lines, but it also means he's closing the store because revenues dropped 60%. he saved 3% of gross cutting the cashiers.
>>
>>70235392

>People in the military have shit, unlivable wages paid by taxes
>Spend billions upon billions invading countries for oil and building unusable aircraft, but leave veterans to fend for themselves with mental health conditions caused by the goverment wanting war
>Therefore no one else should get higher salaries paid by private industries and live in equal shit income situations because fuck people who have to end up working in McDonalds and in the military
>>
>>70235392
To my surprise I came across a McDonalds that had these self serve kiosks the other day. They had them on stands behind where people would normally order because they still had tills open, which everyone I saw there was still using. It worked great. They're nice for me because I order all my shit plain, which is fine 9 times out of 10 with a cashier, but there's always that one time where the cashier fucks up my simple order and I have to take my food back to the counter feeling like an asshole for telling them to remake it.

Thank you for reading my post.
>>
>>70236958

>he doesn't know about the american race to the bottom
>>
>>70236678
>doesn't understand inflation and real buying power

I honestly don't know why i bother anymore
>>
>>70237257

>he thinks minimum wage has a real impact on inflation
>>
>>70236564
That's because they aren't paid enough.

>>70236718
>Value of labor is relative
That doesn't contradict anything I've said. The value of labor can be relative but that doesn't change the fact it doesn't make sense to limit one person's pay just because otherwise they'd make more than someone in another field you feel is more valuable.

>inflation
The reason it needs to be increased is because it lagged behind inflation in the first place.
>>
>>70236923
sorry faggot im op that isnt my post.
>>
>>70236941
That's actually interesting. I wonder if that will be a trend in the coming years. I would guess the machines will get better, but I'm not fucking psychic

>>70237107
No problem, friendo
>>
>>70237464
Yeah, that free college education worth over $100k and all those other benefits aren't enough. Fuck off
>>
>>70237571
I don't actually have an opinion on whether or not soldiers should be paid more. I'm only saying that minimum wage has lagged behind inflation and that it makes more sense to pay soldiers more than insist that burger flippers be paid less just because their salary would be higher than a soldier's otherwise.
>>
>>70237381
Maybe not on the national inflation rate, but it does cause inflation in specific markets.

Seattle went full retard and announced a $15 minimum wage. Low-cost apartment rates in the entire area have been skyrocketing
>>
>>70235392

You forgot to add in the ridiculous cost of living and other pay that the military get. It practically doubles their salary plus they get benefits and retirement.

If you're so dumb that you can't become an officer or get a decent job in the military, you don't deserve to make 50k+ a year to check people's IDs at the mess hall or flip govt burgers. You are a glorified welfare queen. You're just as bad as LaTisha McBurger Flipper.
>>
>>70237792
>Low-cost apartment rates in the entire area have been skyrocketing

not because of inflation
>>
>>70235392

L fucking O L

The kings of gibmedats want to be paid more and are butt mad that they are stuck in a legal binding contract with the pound me in the ass government.

HA!

Im , a vet also, I can only imagine the butt fury in active duty.
>>
>>70235392
>If you can read this, thank a teacher.
>If it's in English, thank a Veteran.
Oh, what, because you think if it weren't for American soldiers, we would have been invaded by Nazi Germany and all speaking German?
Do military guys actually believe that nonsense?
>>
File: 1451444386138.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451444386138.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>70235392
>If it's in English, thank a Veteran.

brah
>>
>>70237887
>rising costs isn't inflation

I don't even know why I participate in these threads
>>
>>70236249
How bad do you have to screw up to be an E-5 for 8 years or even after 8 years service.

Aren't you supposed to make E-7 in 10-12 years?
>>
>>70238299

i don't know either, you clearly don't know what you are talking about
>>
>>70235392
>>
>>70237837
>If you're so dumb that you can't become an officer or get a decent job in the military, you don't deserve to make 50k+ a year to check people's IDs at the mess hall or flip govt burgers. You are a glorified welfare queen. You're just as bad as LaTisha McBurger Flipper.

Need a four degree to be an officer.

Need a four year degree to make it past E-7. DEFINITELY need an degree to make it to E-9

A lot of military training can be exchanged for college credit.

The myth of the dumb soldier is just a meme
>>
>>70238474
>raise minimum wage
>more people are able to get a cheap apartment
>apartment owners raise rates due to higher demand and wait times
>increasing prices = inflation within a SPECIFIC MARKET

Where am I wrong?
>>
>>70238816
>apartment owners raise rates due to higher demand and wait times
>>
>>70238759

You would be surprised dumbass.

The military is made for teenagers and retards to learn quickly and easily.

Also, army
>>
>>70239138
You don't think apartment owners raise their rates?

I'm legitimately asking
>>
>>70235392
Honestly can't wait for this. The stupid niggers behind the counter are unintelligible.

>sum finna fryz mah nigga
>>
>>70239370

of course they do
>>
>>70239452
I don't know what's worse; a nigger who can't speak english, a mexican who can't speak english, a white kid who's angry at the world because he thinks he deserves to drive a BMW, or a 35 year old who's angry because he just lost half his shit to the divorce and his boss is an angry white kid
>>
>>70235659
t. DD-214
>>
>>70236806
lol u should have done your homework before you joined. have fun for the next 8 years, try not to get sent to alaska like i did
>>
>>70235392
>enlisted working 40/hour weeks
who told you that?

>>70235659
food+housing+miselea caps out around ~$2000/mo difference which bumps E1 to 21.35/hr and E5 to 29.36/hr. This is pretending a 40hr work week, which is incorrect from the start because at minimum it is a 45 hour work week because of physical training. The reality is closer to 11 hour days while in garrison.

Which is all before taxes, tricare and dental for dependents.
>>
>>70239592
And one of the reasons why they will raise (or lower) rates is because of demand. If they have a lot more people showing interest in moving in than they have units to sell, they'll increase the price.

Wouldn't you, if you owned an apartment complex?
>>
>>70236249
Regardless of what they tell you you can quit any time until you step on the bus
>>
>>70237764
>t. Pseudo-contrarian
Also, let's say we wave a magic wand, everyone gets paid the same amount relative to today's salary and with the minimum wage raised to 15/hr.
So we pay Shooty Man the same amount relative to Burger Boy but burger boy now gets 15, then what? Whole lot of people start getting laid off.
Rich people and especially rich companies will downsize, shrinking employment, raising unemployment, and ultimately POP--there goes the economy, there goes the poor folk, lot of death, and for what? Cause you wanted 15/hr in a volatile market
>>
>>70240467

i would know that its not from inflation
>>
>>70238386
E5 is a good stripe to put on between 3-6 years. Then another year or two for E6. E7 happens when it happens, just one of those things.

E1-E4 is automatic unless you suck at life.
E4-E5 is a bit daunting because of the big scary promotion board.
E5-E6 isn't much more than doing the same kind of things you did to get E5.
E6-E7 is a centralized promotion system that you can't interview for. Its based on whatever criteria the board decides and how many E7 slots in that particular job are open.
E7-E8 same centralized promotion system, even less slots, transformation from platoon level operations into First Sergent duties of managing personnel in a company.
E8-E9 same as above but now Sergent Major for battalions and above.
E9-E9 the pay is the same.
>>
>>70240832
My entire point is that if you raise the minimum wage, you'll increase the cost of living.

If you don't want to call that inflation, fine, whatever. Call it whatever you want bro
>>
>>70240832
Ofc it's inflation. It doesn't matter if he's selling ice cubes, igloos or apartments. More people need it, prices go up, INFLATION.
>>
>>70241234

demand doesn't cause inflation
>>
>>70240467
Some of that is boiling frogs. You raise the prices to squeeze more out of the same property without increasing expenses in any way.

Some tenets move out, some tenets accept the higher rent. As long as tenets move in (paying the new and higher rate) to replace the ones leaving its a net gain.

It is very capitalistic, but in a bad rent-seeking behavior. Charging more for rent doesn't produce new wealth, it just moves the wealth around.
>>
>>70235392
>milatary.
>food free, housing free, family compensation.
You fucking government worker leech.
>>
>>70241305
>Demand doesn't cause inflation
Let me guess, societal constructs do.
>>
>>70235554
why do yanks always bitch about the military, dont you think the pay they earn is justified.
>>
Soldiers get payed way too much, especially when a good number of them are just dicking around in Germany, Japan, or the UK. The incentive for joining the military should be serving your country or furthering your ambitions, not for money
>>
>>70241490
What it works out to is that single soldiers are paid less for the same work. Discrimination based on marital/family status. Quanitize the benefits and then examine what the pay+benefits becomes.

It ends up being near median income.
>>
>>70241408
Won't disagree with you, but does it really matter (to the owner)? Like everybody else, the owner wants to move wealth into his pocket so he can go on that sweet vacation.

I'll kinda disagree with the idea that it won't produce new wealth - the owner may want to use the extra cash to buy a new car or new house, or expand his complex (all of which would count in the GDP)
>>
>>70235392
military wage...
I didn't even get 2000 krones a month...
>>
>>70241305
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're going to uni studying economics or finance or something

Instead of saying anything about my point that a higher minimum wage translates to higher cost of living, you're getting hung up on the exact definition of inflation and how it relates to supply and demand and employment and all that shit.
>>
>>70241848
Wealth is a large part of ambition anon.
>>
>>70242769

no, i just find it funny that all of /pol/ suddenly believes the LTV when it comes to minimum wage and the cost of goods
>>
>>70235392
>An E5 (Sergeant) with 8 years of service
>only makes $35,067 annually or 16.86/hour.
LOL, I don't think so. I know several E4's making nearly $60-80k a year. The military gives out bonuses and extra pay for the most random shit.

The only stupid shit making $35k in the military is probably a complete fuck up that needs to be EAS'ed as soon as possible.

>/pol/ in charge of knowing how US military welfare queens actually make
>>
>>70235392
>as much as those kids getting shot at
they get more benefits than just pay
>>
>>70242930
But there IS a connection, anon. It's not as simple as politicians make it out to be, but it's there.

If you're not going to school, where are you getting your info? Any books you'd recommend?
>>
>>70242359
What are the three important attributes of good real estate? Location, Location, Location.

Free market competition doesn't work as smoothly as it does for commodities or consumer goods. Real estate moves a lot slower and involve physical locations. It is difficult to acquire property in an area that isn't selling.

Now if the rent prices get too high the tenants will move to other properties that are priced lower but may be less ideal for many reasons including commute time, quality of school district, proximity to retail/restaurant/grocery/church/community activities plus the physical differences between the two properties.

Raising rent while doing nothing else does not increase total wealth. Successful competition against high rents does increase total wealth.
>>
>>70244375
Bruh, I'm pretty sure we're agreeing somewhat. Both of us are just adding more complexities each time we post.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to /gif/ and jack off. Nice talking to you chaps
>>
File: beatnik_doctor_george_costanza.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
beatnik_doctor_george_costanza.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>there are people on /pol/ that are defending greasey high school dropouts and illegals that want $15 dollary-doos an hour for working at an easy job

>arguing that they should be paid more then citizens of the U.S.A fighting for freedom in the middle of mass desert against a bunch of brown jews

>thinking that a $15 dollar minimum wage will give more jobs

Wow I didn't know it was summer already
>>
>>70236249
That pay is only for sgt's that still live in the barracks. If you have a family, you get WAY more money. Being married and having a kid will increase your pay greatly. Almost doubles.
>>
>>70244866
the division of /gif/ and /wsg/ was a great idea.
>>
Let's take a look at it. Say you're an e4 with 3 years. You get $2238 per month base pay. Sucks right? Well. With my current company full insurance with dental and vision is about 1600 per month for a family. So factor that TAX FREE for military. Now, in Pensacola fl where I was stationed, you get 1176 per month for housing. TAX FREE. Now on to BAS, that's 367.92 per month, also, TAX FREE. that comes to 64,584 per year. If you consider the money you save for not paying income tax social security and medicare, you are at almost 75,000 per year in the state of Florida. That's not including optional benefits like tuition assistance for free (almost) college, free or EXTREMELY reduced child care so your spouse could work as well and many many more. And that's as an e4 with 3 years. It goes up a whooole lot with years and rank. I'm not saying the military doesn't deserve it. But I do get tired of the "they're poor" meme
>>
>>70240088
what's so bad about alaska?
>>
>>70235392

I hate those bernie fags too but your analogy is stupid..

it's a volunteer military, you're the sucker if you sign up to die for israel
>>
>>70247663
It's cold.

BUT

It's actually a cooler place than getting sent to one of the bases in the south in the middle of nowhere.

Not as cool as over seas though.
>>
>>70248225
Do you get a higher allowance in Alaska? I heard everything is like 3 times as expensive there because of the cost of shipping it.
>>
>>70236718
Increasing pay doesn't increase inflation

Inflation increases because of money printing

You spout words without even understanding what you're actually saying.

>>70235392
People will be replaced by more efficient automation regardless. The difference between $15/hr and $8/hr isn't meaningful when automation can effectively run at $1/hr or less.

There aren't enough jobs to go around anymore. Either you do something about that issue, or you face poor starving masses inciting revolution. It'll probably be a socialist/communistic revolution too, because those bozo's have the biggest influence over the general public right now.
>>
>>70236249
Your not IN in untill you take the second oath at your 2nd meps.
>>
>>70248317
Depends on the goods, but generally most things are much more expensive. But housing certainly isn't, and pay is pretty decent in the state when you subtract the eskimos.
>>
>>70235392
THESE ARE THE WORDS OF TRUTH, THEY HURT YOU LIBERAL FAGGOTS SO BADLY LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BTFO LEFTIST SCUMLORDS.
>>
>>70235875
yeah your right cuck, flipping burgers are way more hazards than killing and being killed by sandniggers that are secretly funded by leftist jews.

kill your self liberal scum.
>>
>>70236642
america is the part-time work force capital of this cucked world. thanks to O'Nigger care.
>>
>>70235392
Maybe start by admiting flipping burgers doesn't require more skill than being in the military.
>>
>>70249089
Guess illiterates are eligible to join the military, huh. He said hazardous duty pay for deployed as an example of additional income
>>
>>70249089
I know it's something you're probably too retarded to understand, but he's saying that soldiers actually get paid more than burger flippers thanks to a variety of expensive benefits not directly included in their pay.
>>
>>70235392
>you are working in a job designed for a kid in high school who is learning how
>to work and earning enough for gas, and hanging out with their equally
>goofy high school pals

>The latest data show that just 40 percent of Americans have finished an associate's degree or above, while an additional 22 percent attended some college but failed to graduate.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.