[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just attended a presentation about Microsoft's driverless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
I just attended a presentation about Microsoft's driverless car research.

They were boasting that their in-car automation means that you can now work productively from your car WHILE commuting to and from work.

It's really depressing. "Work while you sleep" invention coming soon?
>>
>>70229662
We are in a dystopia
>>
>>70229662
>Passat station wagon

You guys actually drive these? Didn't even know they were sold outside of Europe.
>>
I don't get it. So many people these days have jobs that could no problem be done from home with a bit of teleconferencing maybe.

I mean, if you can work in your fucking car surely you can work at home?
>>
>>70229662
>Work productively while commuting.
I bet people will be glued to their phones even more now.
>>
>>70230229
They briefly addressed that, actually. Apparently you still need a physical office so your boss can monitor, motivate and discipline you, and remote monitoring software will always be inferior to good old fashioned looking over your shoulder in your cubicle.
>>
>>70230163
I think they are called Jetta sport wagens in the US and are supposed to move over to the Golf branding soon.
>>
>>70229935
>>70230163
>>70230229
>>70230259
Please leave the private sector. If you are bitching about "hurr I have to work outside of my sacred 9 to 5 block", then you will clearly never hold a position worth a shit at any company worth a shit.
>>
People will defend this.

>Lazy faggots I work 120 hours a week! Everyone should have to pull their weight! I worked hard to get to where I am today!
>>
>>70230163
>Passat
retard, thats a Golf
>>
>>70229662
>CHAD

I see why you have such an aversion, op.
>>
Our corporate overlords won't stop until we're working every hour of the day.
>>
File: 1459620785806.png (222 KB, 808x3317) Image search: [Google]
1459620785806.png
222 KB, 808x3317
>>70230497
Is this you?
>>
>>70229662
>that you can now work productively from your car WHILE commuting to and from work

What's wrong with that commuting is a huge waste of time. Driverless cars would be awesome they will raise productivity and make everyone better off.
>>
>>70229662

If my company starts paying me on my commute to work I'll work. Not getting paid? Fuck that noise. Start developing some balls fellow wageslaves and stop working for free
>>
>>70230728
Yeah and /pol/ will be behind them the whole way while arguing we need to lower our wages otherwise "they'll have to increase the cost of goods". Instead of making $7.50 an hour for 8 hours we'll be making $3.75 an hour for 16 hours.
>>
>>70230920
apples and oranges

flipping burgers is not a job
>>
File: suicide nets.png (985 KB, 982x630) Image search: [Google]
suicide nets.png
985 KB, 982x630
>>70230920
I think the endgame is China-tier working conditions for the entire Earth
>>
>>70230998
>flipping burgers is not a job
you're right, it's practically slave labor at this point.
>>
>>70231059
>China-tier
Someone is an optimist.
>>
Keep voting for Republican/conservatrards, morons

at least vote for NatSOC
>>
File: working hours.png (27 KB, 580x440) Image search: [Google]
working hours.png
27 KB, 580x440
>>70230728
>>70231079

Kill yourself marxist retard shill
>>
>>70231361
>says the greek
look at your source, it's the fucking fed.
>>
>>70230639
Are you retarded
>>
>>70231429

Kill yourself you subhuman mongoloid

https://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=ANHRS
>>
>>70231608
yeah, it's totally a Passat ...
>>
>>70231355
Excellent advice my white brother
>>
Driving is how I wind down after wanting to kill myself at work.

If I have to work while driving, it'll take one of the last joys still left in my life.
>>
>>70231361
>>70231429
>>70231617
This can't account for things like answering company emails from home, always being available for service calls, increasingly lengthy unpaid internships and overtime, etc.
>>
Gives new meaning to Blue Screen of Death.
>>
File: 1420022108603.png (1 MB, 722x1265) Image search: [Google]
1420022108603.png
1 MB, 722x1265
>>70230497
>>
>>70230751
while this makes a lot of good points, it's a very bleak and purely utilitarian way of looking at life
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>70230751
>when it comes to your career, you'll never have to worry about it leaving you for someone younger, faster or stronger
>>
>>70233506
I'm going to email this to all my nieces and nephews :)
>>
How is that depressing? What's depressing is that you find it depressing. Being able to work, read, etc while traveling would be a glorious invention. It would add trillions of dollars to the economy, would increase happiness, increase health (less stress), etc

The problem isn't technology, the problem is you. Did you know that Bach walked days just to hear one composer play, and to ask that composer for lessons? Days on end, doing nothing but walking to his destination. If Bach were alive today he would believe that we've reached a utopian-level of society

Also, people have had the ability to work from home since the fax machine, at LEAST since email and cell phones in the early 2000s.

Are most people working at home? No.
>>
>>70229662

Programmer here; I already work in my car. Or while asleep. Or while gaming.

Writing code? That's the easy part, and I hope that within 10 years a machine can do that for me. Much like a compiler from code to machine instructions, I can envision a compiler from abstract concepts into programming code. This would make my job vastly more efficient, since I would no longer be bound by the speed at which I can type.

What I do that matters is beyond the power of current AIs in their current form. Perhaps, someday, my ability to determine which problems and questions matter in the first place will also be duplicated by a machine, and my ability to formulate elegant solutions which use one problem to solve another will be captured in an algorithm, but I don't really feel threatened by this sort of thing: until computers are truly self aware, there will be something for intelligent human beings to offer that machines can't replicate.

And once computers are self aware--well, then we'll find out if we, the human race, are qualified as parents to a new species, because how we treat our AI children (assuming truly self aware AI is possible) will probably be a huge influence on how they treat us.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 510x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 510x288
>>70231949
It's a Golf wagon, see how the c-pillar window has sharper edges than the Passat? Also, every vw nowadays look the same, thank Walter De Silva for that.
>>
>>70234631
What kind of work you do while in car, asleep or gaming? I'm a programmer too, so I am curious to know. As for being bound by speed at which you can type: which languages do you use?
>>
>>70230229
I completely agree. Right now, I'm hiding in the loo from one of my thirteen daily meetings and shotposting on 4chan. I could do all of this from the comfort of my home shitter.
>>
>>70230497
>yes goyim, you're only here to work
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.