[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voter turnout is generally low. How could more people be persuaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
Voter turnout is generally low.

How could more people be persuaded to vote?
>>
A voting app.
>>
>>70223226
That can easily be compromised and hacked, though. too complex, don't you think?
>>
>>70223431
It's the only way. People are lazy and can't be fucked to go somewhere and vote otherwise.
>>
>>70222902
free food at the polling place
>>
>>70223543
What about government issued electronic voting devices, which sole purpose is for voting? And as secure as a blackberry so it can't be easily hacked.
>>
File: 1459890792970.gif (1 MB, 515x411) Image search: [Google]
1459890792970.gif
1 MB, 515x411
Get em at work?

I would hold a big BBQ day. Veggie options for the cucks too.
>>
>>70223708
Expensive, and the devices could be stolen or lost.

A ton of new systems would need to be put in place just for them.
>>
>>70222902
Give us choices that aren't shit.
>>
>>70222902
Put polling booths at gas stations.
>>
>>70222902
honestly, i want people to stop voting. fuck the democratic systsem, and fuck all the faggots who think the US ought to be fully democratic.

i want off this ride.
i want to live in a tribe of 30 people far away from civilization where i wake up, plow my wife, meet up with the hunter bros, catch some food and fuck off the res tof the day.

fuck modern society
>>
>>70223853
/thread
>>
get better politicians
>Canadian elections was Weedman
>Harper again (would've been in office a decade by now)
>some ndp commie cuck
>>
Fine people. A thousand bucks out of your wallet would be a nice incentive to vote. They made people wear seatbelts,have helmets etc. using this.
>>
>>70222902
online voting.

one vote per social security number.
>>
File: 1459713925277.jpg (635 KB, 1260x1890) Image search: [Google]
1459713925277.jpg
635 KB, 1260x1890
>>70223969
bREDY GUD
>>
>>70224056
Holy fuck that's genius, can anyone think of a reason this isn't already in effect?
>>
Free beer
>>
>How could more people be persuaded to vote?

We aren't voting because we don't want any of the options being presented to us. If you want more people to vote, stop the political parties from controlling which candidates we get to choose from during the primaries.
>>
>>70223226
Yes, give millennials even easier access to destroying our country. Great idea faggot!
>>
>>70223431
Jesus man come on, it's not like they don't fuck with ballots already any way, at least this way you can try and get everyone involved.
>>
dank memes
>>
>>70224484
True. I think the idea of online/mobile voting where there's one vote per social security number is the best.
>>
>>70224609
Could be actually really good, a system like that so you have one vote per person as well as maybe having it tagged to the location the vote came from as well so you can prove it was that person.

Bonus points if you don't allow someone to vote on a topic until they've been forced to watch a 10-30 minute video on the topic too, that way you don't have people voting on financial and economic policy when they can barely count how many fingers and toes they have.
>>
There's no reason to make it easier for people who aren't interested in voting and politics to do so. Why the fuck would you want more uninformed morons voting? It'd only shift the electorate leftward at this point.
>>
>>70224402
yeah, greta idea. instead of people voting to get 50+% during an electional, lets elect someone who only got 31% of the vote. that sounds really stable and like nothing could go wrong.

especially in this new age of militant campaigning and support.

use your brain for a second before it drips out your ear

>>70224609
until someone inevitably breaks into the system, modifies it and fucs the entire election up. just because its fast and easy doesnt mean its secure. youre most secure and protected data warehouse is still less secure than an isolated system of proprietary machines.

are you aware that states have different methods of calculating votes?
>>
>>70224991
What makes you think more people voting makes libtards have the advantage? Data and research suggests otherwise, that higher voter turnout generally correlates to conservative success.
>>
File: 1432168879995.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1432168879995.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
>>70225077
>different methods of calculating votes

Fuck you assholes got common core math everywhere fast didn't you?
>>
>>70225231
>brit
>talking shit about math
lol, i participated in your education system. i didnt learn fuck shit for math, but sure did a whole bunch of video watching and paper cutting
>>
I dont vote and probably never will
>>
>>70225512
And that's is why you're taking the kebab in the pooper dumbass bong
>>
>>70222902
Don't have 50 fucking elections before the actual election.

Have an actual party system like the UK instead of the retarded shit you guys have.
>>
>>70225579
I live nowhere near muslims, not my concern

I dont think it makes a difference anyway tbqh
>>
>>70225664
That's not democratic enough. Our "50 fucking elections" are so the CITIZENS can choose the party's nominee, and so the corrupt party doesn't choose the nominee itself.
>>
>>70225512
get fucked then
>>
>>70225077
>lets elect someone who only got 31% of the vote

What's the difference between a useless hump winning with thirty percent and a useless hump winning with fifty percent?
>>
>>70225373
What was it like being in one of our nurseries?
>>
>>70222902
A few minor and simple changes:

1. Change from FPtP system to Alternative or Single Transferable Vote system, so no vote is wasted and people will see value in their vote.
2. Have a minimum of 3 candidates on every ballot, nothing is black or white, why should voting choices be?
3. Allow votes to be cast on the internet. Fraud can be kept to a minimum be posting a password out to every eligible voter as well as asking a personal question eg, date of birth
4. Fine people. Singapore has one of the highest turnouts in the world simply because they fine people who don't vote.
>>
>>70222902
Why?
>>
>>70226397
Real talk though, why do brits have such horrible teeth? Is there no dental coverage in the NHS? How often do you have check-ups? Mine are twice a year in Texas, for comparison.
>>
>>70225880
That's because you're not voting for Farage you dumb fucking cock sucker
>>
>>70222902
offer tax breaks for those who vote. Poo fags who pay no tax wont get benefit and wont vote making the world a better place.
>>
>>70222902

Why would you want more people voting? You already have incompetents and ideologues and idiots voting, and now you want to add lazy people?
>>
>>70226742
Oh my god I got an orgasm just from reading that. no more dindu votes.
>>
>>70226792
Higher voter turnout correlates to more conservative election outcomes. Look it up fool.
>>
>>70226869

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Are you a cuckservative or something?
>>
File: 1426009322977.jpg (112 KB, 786x514) Image search: [Google]
1426009322977.jpg
112 KB, 786x514
>>70226709
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12054216/Americans-do-not-have-better-teeth-than-the-British-study-concludes.html

Actually it's due to cultural difference (hahahaa no seriously) you guys basically put more value on having shit like perfectly straight and white teeth, whereas we look after our teeth in a more functional respect.

When I was a kid the dentist told me if I wanted I could have a set of braces for the bottom row of teeth but functionaly my teeth are fine, it's basically just the two centre incisors are slightly turned in, so I just said nah, doesn't bother me all that much. On the other hand in the US as you've shown with that post you guys have a thing for the visual aspect of your teeth, likely due to celebrity culture and their perfect smiles.

We're more pragmatic whereas you guys tend to be preoccupied with image.
>>
File: 1459722919353.jpg (2 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
1459722919353.jpg
2 MB, 4608x2592
>>70225995
60% have the right to say they didnt vote for you.

>>70226397
bullshit honestly. i got a good base art education and chased some tail, but besides that, i liekd it better in the US, especially for the education.

spent most of my time in the uk getting beat by cock-knee brain dead thugs and visiting castles. school time was spent being in trouble for not being roight-bri'ish-faygo, then laughing at how inept your teachers were.

i literally cut out a reverse swastika, and the teahcer played it off like it was good design and the kids gobbled it all right up.

they didnt even know what a fuckign swastika was xD
>>
>>70226709
>>70227012

implying its not because you dont have to wait in line for 6 months and by that time, youre teeth are fucked beyond repair

>youre teeth can techniclly still smash food, so you should be good.
>>
>>70225206
As far as presidential elections, voter turnout hasn't varied by more than 10% in decades, and often times higher turnout was a Democratic win - Johnson, Clinton, Obama.
Republicans are usually credited with winning midterm Congressional elections due to low turnout.

It's no good to encourage disinterested people to vote.
>>
>>70226997
> calling a conservative a cuck
> coming from a liberal who wants more government power so they can bend over and watch the government fuck them
>>
>>70227012
That's interesting, and thanks for the article. Cool read. Didn't mean to offend you, it's just what I've experienced whenever traveling to the UK.
>>
>>70227213

>Coming from a bunch of shit I just assumed

Yeah because the last few conservative presidents have done a bang-up job too. You're definitely not a cuck being used by idiots pissing in the wind about gay marriage and other meaningless shit.
>>
File: CPS race.png (29 KB, 481x289) Image search: [Google]
CPS race.png
29 KB, 481x289
>>
More nationalist candidates = more turnout
>>
>>70222902
We don't
>>
File: CPS age.png (29 KB, 480x303) Image search: [Google]
CPS age.png
29 KB, 480x303
>>
>>70225206
2008 and 2012 had high voter turnout.

I don't remember President McCain or Romney
>>
>>70227012
>>70226709
Mexicans usually feed their kids soda and Mexican candy, so their teeth are rotten from the beginning. Tons of them have caps before they're in their teens
>>
Blowjobs. Nothing ffor women, they shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.