[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
to address the massive amount of bad shit posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: dale.jpg (21 KB, 379x339) Image search: [Google]
dale.jpg
21 KB, 379x339
(I realize the isn't a political topic, but shit look at the entire front page of pol and find me one that is?)
For all those who found this board in the last 20 days due to Microsoft's Tay bullshit or the BB article-- let me explain to you how it works here, how we survive as a functioning board.
On any given topic, when someone is talking bullshit, within a few minutes we have genuinely knowledgeable people who call out idiot. We thrive bc have a higher proportion of high IQ ppl than retards. You are ruining that balance.
Today, opened pol and the very first thread was of a tranny's ass and " see this: what do?" Over 90 replies, not a single one telling him to fuck off/report it.
Not trying to come off as "exclusive or elitist," but you're ruining this board. Whatever image we have as "virgin NEET neckbeards," you'd probably be surprised to learn that a good many of us are either in top unis or graduate programs and are well above the average IQ, which even the hit piece in the last "National Review" article on us admitted.
If you wan too come here, lurk, get interested in politics, current events, ask relevant questions, etc.. fine, no issue.
However, if you'd like to post pictures of "traps" bent over and "walk in, see, what do?" then what's the point? You already have b, why not just keep it there?
I know: "You're not a Mod, you can't tell anyone what to do..." However, I'm one of the people who has been here for a long time, and one of the (relatively) few we have who make a habit of posting substantive stuff.
This recent flood due to media attention is killing us. Regulars here need to report b-tier threads, and we must reclaim what we built. If not, everyone semi knowledgeable/serious is going to leave.
To b/R9k/newfags, if you want to be a part of us, lurk, do research, ask smart questions. Don't litter this place with inane shit.
t. /pol/lack.
>>
File: nat_view.png (175 KB, 1738x520) Image search: [Google]
nat_view.png
175 KB, 1738x520
See this-- even hit piece on us from cuckservatives admits: "The people on /pol/ are smart, sophisticated, clever, even funny. They have an incredible felicity of language. Their jokes are complex. They are not sad uneducated rednecks that the service economy has left behind."
You new people are ruining us and what we do every day here:
https://newrepublic.com/article/132039/tay-exposes-fairy-tales-tell-racists
>>
/pol/ right now is /b/ in the 2006-2010 era
We're getting allot of media attention and it's bringing allot of new shity posters
/pol/ is in a meme golden age and /b/ / /r9k/ faggots want in
And I realize the election year has something to do with it, I just hope Newfags we'll stop making the worst thread possible in a attempt to shit up the board
>>
>>70216412
You have to also remember those who want to deliberately sully the board. Alot of people don't like 4chan. Some in high places. We are one of the largest right-wing hubs living in a liberal internet. So if we make valid points, they can use distraction tactics and point out those type of threads.
>>
Just saying "this is offtopic" does not make it ok.

Complaining about the moderation, which is what you are doing, is a rule violation.
>>
File: 1434211762038s.jpg (7 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1434211762038s.jpg
7 KB, 208x249
>/pol/ is about to become 4chan's biggest board
>we will make 4chan great again
>we will make anime great again
>we will make the world great again
>>
File: 1458182179363.png (433 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
1458182179363.png
433 KB, 800x850
I sweat to Christ this happens all the time with every board I arrive on.

First it was /v/ and suddenly gamer gate happened, then I moved to /r9k/ and suddenly pepe became huge. I went in here in September for the trump rush and it must have been a call from some warp god to attract all these newfags here.

Every time I find a new board to settle into and a new rush of newfags come and ruin everything, and suddenly I have to migrate once more. Maybe I'll have to do the same soon enough.
>>
File: intellectually impaired pepe.jpg (9 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
intellectually impaired pepe.jpg
9 KB, 238x192
FBLFBLFBLFBLBFLBFLFBLFBLFBL
>>
File: 1460008075436.gif (3 MB, 252x263) Image search: [Google]
1460008075436.gif
3 MB, 252x263
>>70216412

Seriously, learn to format, faggot.

That being said, I seriously hope that we won't finish like /b/.
>>
>>70216412
Well said Anon, there's been a surge of shit posting by newfags and it's just so painfully evident that they're not here to contribute in any meaningful way, all they do is sully the board.

I honestly wonder if this is yet another not so subtle attempt by SJW from all those other boards to sabotage any and all conversations and reduce /pol/ to /b/tard levels.
>>
>>70217746
what would you think of
>Criticizing the government is a law violation
>>
/pol/ moved from intelligent paranoid basement dwellers to retarded paranoid basement dwellers with no sources.
>>
>>70216412
>complains about shitposting
>is a trump supporter
>the most prevalent shitposting is trump posting
>there's a dedicated general for shilling trump
>I'm not the problem
>only shitposting I support is acceptable
>>
>>70218686
Half the problem is cross posting faggots like you that don't lurk enough retard
>>
>>70219846
>cross posting faggots

I hate that term, because it is meaningless. Posting the same shit on more than one board is multi-posting, or spamming. Even if you post links to all the threads, they are still distinctly different threads. Reddit clowns make the same stupid mistake.

True crossposting hasn't existed anywhere since Usenet flamed out. For example, if I could post a thread on /ck/ and /pol/ that was actually cross-posted, then all the replies would show up on both threads, because it is actually just one thread, cross-posted to two or more boards.

It would be funny as hell if we had that feature. What made it extremely funny on Usenet is that with every post, you could add or delete groups from the list that it went to. So, if someone said something in a needle-point group about a dumbass pizza delivery guy, you'd post a seemingly innocent reply, but slip in alt.pizza.delivery.guys in the list, and let the hilarity ensue.
>>
>>70218686
You should probably move on to Reddit
>>
>>70216412

fuck off newfag
>>
>>70222125
It's not meaningless when you cross post without knowing anything significant about the board

I don't care if people post on multiple boards
It's when they may as well be newfags, because they have the same effect

Like you, you ironic faggot
>>
File: tfw.gif (971 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
971 KB, 500x500
>>70216412
On the same note,
report off topic threads when you can,
If you can't figure out how something legitimately relates to a political discussion immediately,
report it swiftly.

Some shit posting is expected, but shit threads belong on /b/ and off topics thread belong on it's appropriate board
>>
>>70216412
This board is 100% ironic and pure shitposting. You think we're serious about the Jews running the world? You fell for the ruse. Don't lie and say you want actual intellectual discourse. Go to 4+4chan or something if you want that shit (mixed in with some v nice preteen biddies).
>>
File: 1459499021184.png (62 KB, 420x350) Image search: [Google]
1459499021184.png
62 KB, 420x350
>>70216412
Isn't it also spring break? So all you college smarties and underagebait have all the time in the world to shitpost?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.