[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was raised with mildly libertarians ideals in my house hold,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I was raised with mildly libertarians ideals in my house hold, but I Always find people making fun of libertarians with out providing an actual reason.
Can /pol/ redpill me on the problems with libertarianism.
>>
>>70210373
The problem with libertarianism is libertarians.
>>
It's pro-French revolutionary ideals and thus follows the same philosophical path as left liberalism and marxism. "Rights" don't actually exist. Freedom from tradition and traditional authority are left wing positions and degeneracy incarnate.
>>
>>70210523
Why?
>>
Libertarian: What Has Government Ever Done For us?
Enlightened: economic stimulus:
Libertarian: What?
Enlightened: economic stimulus. stopped the economy from crashing
Libertarian: Well okay but besides
Enlightened: Reformed Health Care
Libertarian: Huh?
Enlightened: Gave us reformed health care, now millions more have health care.
Libertarian: well okay besides reformed health care and a stimulus package...
Enlightened: Bailed out the auto industry
Libertarian: Oh come on...
Enlightened: Billions to stop the collapse of the auto industry, ordered them to make cleaner cars, and now they are making more money than ever.
Libertarian:.. Okay, besides the auto industry and the stimulus and health care...
Enlightened: Increased military expenditure. Reformed Wall Street. Environmental laws. Invested in clean energy. Roads.
Libertarian: Okay aside from the environment and the bailout, and the Wall Street reforms..
Enlightened: It also killed Bin Laden..
Libertarian: OH SHUT UP!
>>
>>70210373
Libertarians are just degenerate conservatives.
>>
Libertarians think the worlds most pressing problems are
>muh taxes
>Muh NAP
>Muh statist gun to the head

Completely out of touch with reality
>>
>>70210373
Soros is funding the destruction of the EU and the left is helping him:
http://www.w2eu.info/about.en.html

This website/guide was found on refugees arriving in greece.
Click though every country and cry yourself to sleep.
>>
>>70210373
As a libertarian, how do you deal with crime?
>>
>>70211333
People would be armed themselves. Personally I'm not an anarchist by any means and I still believe in taxes to fund police and roads. I just think that the federal government should be decentralized and give more power to individuals states. Of course we still need some for of federal government especially for things like foreign policy.
>>
>>70211333
Same way they do now.
>>
>>70210373
Only things that i can think of is that they place too much faith in the invisible hand and many are too isolationist.
>>
>>70211333
Same way as now. Libertarianism is largely about getting the government to stop interfering in areas in which libertarians don't believe the government belongs and very few people don't believe that law and order is one of the areas that government does belong so why should it change? Libertarians are not anarchists,
>>
>>70210373

m-muh collectivism is the argument from both the right and left
>>
>>70211333
I think the great majority of libertarians are fucking retarded when answering this question. As a libertarian myself here's my answer:
One of the roles of the is to insure that people don't coerce or commit fraud unto each other. This is a job that must be strictly enforced. The police must be present and powerful to ensure this. The judicial punishments for crimes must be stern and unsympathetic. No excuses. Libertarians are so against the state overreaching their power, that it seems correct to be against a powerful enforcement by police. The focus must be put on on the ease and overextension of the creation of law. If we have a legislative system where the majority, or politicians can in fact create laws that go against the freedom of others (discrimination laws, quota systems, min. wage, etc) then having a strong police power is counterproductive. If we have a legislative system that is constrained by the protection of private property, freedom of contact, speech, and all other rights, then the police must be made powerful and pervasive to punish criminals. I have no sympathy for these kind of people.
>>
>>70212883
See
>>70211686
This is what I mean. Is like those libertarians who believe in demilitarized police. When in fact they must go all out and arrest all of those thugs destroying property at riots, unlike what they do now, which is just sit there and defend their precint while the city burns.
>>
>>70210373
As a libertarian, the two biggest problems are:
1) They provide a complete theory but then don't fight it when leftists cherrypick certain positions that don't make sense without the whole, essentially working for the enemy.

They have this great idea of "every person is worth the same" which in their mind is followed by "if they fuck up, it's their fault"; but liberals just see "everyone person is worth the same, we should make government bigger to make sure no one has it worse than anyone else".

2) The libertarian "elite" is working on a purely theoretical and academic level which focuses on utilitarian goals like the maximum benefit for the maximum amount of people - but that benefit can lie entirely out of Europe/USA and they don't mind. They completely ignore globalism in their theory.
The whole thought process is stuck in a time when countries like Spain and France and the Netherlands used Mercantilism/Protectionism against each other.

But nowadays laizism just means Islam takes over, free trade means there'll be no manufacturing jobs for decades until all of the third world has caught up, open borders just means certain populations can be replaced entirely instead of "one smart monk/scientist travels and shares his wisdom with his neighbours", no protectionism means a race to the bottom when it comes to environmental standards and such, no nation states just means that within a century, every national cuisine will be halal McDonalds and certain hair or eye colours are gone; and so on.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.