[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freedom vs Justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
Riddle me this, why does America care far more about freedom than justice?

Everything stands or else it falls under your liberty.
Like your freedom of speech which is a concept and therefore open to interpretation where as being just to somebody is concrete. It is because of your governments complete lack of justice that you have the mess that is your second amendment.

You can't judge someone without being just, you can't be just without ethics and ethics is ever changing and flowing, you can't just base them off a 200 year old document and hope everything will work out, sticking your fingers in your ears screaming "SHALL"

Justice should be the goal of a state, not freedom. Although freedom is a good way of reaching that lofty goal.
>>
>Justice
No such thing
>>
File: a87aa6477882.jpg (250 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
a87aa6477882.jpg
250 KB, 720x478
>>70204895
Go fuck a goat and then yourself ahmed.
>>
>>70205376
Wash your flag gypsy.
>>
Because Americans are more afraid of change than any other nation. They've had the luxury of being isolated. Hell, the most exotic people neighbors we have are the Canadians.
>>
>>70205422
Go wash yourself with bleach filthy shitskin.
>>
File: 1459301167888.png (125 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1459301167888.png
125 KB, 1023x682
>>70204895
liberty is all we will ever need

it's unfortunate our 4th ammendment is withering
>>
>>70205202
/thread
>>
>>70204895
>not blindfolded
>sword is higher than scales
that's a bad representation of justice system
>>
>>70204895
SHALL
>>
Why doesn't the UK care about justice?
People are given jail time for saying "islam isn't perfect" but imans are allowed to say "We should burn the evil britons and exterminate them in holy war" with impunity.
>>
>>70205376
>The bacon was greasy and needed blotting, okay? Everyone's so fucking PC these days.
>>
>>70205698
Also shorter sentences for shitskins and women .
>>
>>70205594
Isn't it a scam that all criminal enforcement departments are called "Justice" now?
The job of the state is not to bring justice but to protect non criminals from criminals.
10 years in prison are not justice, but a way to keep the rest of the people safe from that criminal and to make him think twice before comitting another crime.
That's all there is, justice is a meme.
>>
>>70204895
If I punch you in the face and break your eye socket how is sending me to jail going to make you whole? Is me getting pounded in the ass by nigel going to rectify the injustice I did to you? Justice is basically a code word for state sanctioned retribution and vengeance, prove me wrong.
>>
>>70204895
> freedom of speech which is a concept and therefore open to interpretation
>being just to somebody is concrete.

Not sure if trolling, shitposting, or completely philosophically illiterate.

If you're trying to address the topic seriously you have a very long way to go.
>>
>>70204895

Because justice is a "muh feels" subjective shitshow and wholly a matter of shifting political opinion. Surprised we have a legitimate Social Justice Warrior like yourself, but its important to keep in mind that your bastardized, effeminate version of justice is a classic example of why justice should and must always take a distant second place priority to liberty.
>>
>>70204895
>mess that is your second amendment.
0/10
Nice try piers
>>
File: daisy.jpg (72 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
daisy.jpg
72 KB, 474x503
>>70204895
Because you can make more money with an economically 'free' state than you can with a state concerned with moral right and wrong.

In other words, because good deeds don't have a market value.
>>
>riddle me this

First of all your a fucking fairy for starting a post like that but continue.
>>
>>70205927
You're right, the job of the state is to protect individuals from force and fraud. Negative liberty is the goal here. In others words, your right to be left alone. Too bad the state does an awful job of protecting negative liberty, so it's on the individual to protect himself.
>>
>>70206088
This "Money" doesn't coalesce amongst the people. Crony capitalism will implode on itself just like any other form of government will. Everything dies. Except this time around, society is justifying and glorifying the self-destructive behavior of the economic elite. Why we put emphasis on anything other than the proletariat in modern capitalism is beyond me.
>>
>>70204895
>america care far more about freedom than justice

>america
>freedom
choose one
>>
>>70206402
I don't know Austria, doesn't seem like you've been around too long. America sure does does have a hell of a lot of freedom in comparison to the rest of the world. It certainly is diminishing, i'll acknowledge that much.
>>
File: daisy-ridley-3.jpg (7 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
daisy-ridley-3.jpg
7 KB, 190x266
>>70206366
>Crony capitalism will implode on itself just like any other form of government will. Everything dies.

You're absolutely right. What a tragedy it is to live during this time, and especially for our children...

>Except this time around, society is justifying and glorifying the self-destructive behavior of the economic elite.

And they will pay for it dearly.
>>
>>70206553
>freedom
>patriot act

if you call this things freedom, than you have freedom. If you call it freedom that you have to work for health care , than you have freedom. See there are differences in the definition of freedom
>>
>>70206731
Wow things that don't change my daily life

You have changed my mind
>>
>>70206833
>healthcare
>doesnt change your daily life
i hope so anon, i hope so
>>
>>70207005
Do people in Austria cut their hands off daily or something
>>
>>70206402
America is one of the most liberally open nations on the planet. I can sit here all day and encourage killing cops, killing niggers, or whatever the Hell I feel like, and chances are extremely high that nothing will happen to me. May I be pinged in some security database in Langley or wherever? Probably, but chances are small that I'll be visited by the feds.

The problem in America isn't that we are not free, but that we never really developed a strong morality of right and wrong. The nation has only been around for a couple of centuries, and it is founded on pretty loose concepts that are advantageous to morally ambiguous capitalists and industrialists. On top of that, our nation has one of the most dynamic cultures in world history, and one of those cultures is the Christian far-right. They have become so concerned with radical changes in our society that they're having nervous breakdowns in the streets to establish some Christian authoritarian 'utopia' that never existed in our country in the first place.
>>
>>70207091
no, but they get cancer sometimes or other things, or there is a complication with a newborn, or you break one of your bones or something like that... and the best thing about it is, that you dont have to worry you have to pay as much as you have to for treatment in a hospital or at a doctor.
>>
>>70207210
Wow austria sucks, getting cancer and breaking bones is pretty infrequent here
>>
>>70207269
if you sit your whole day on your fat ass its logical that there is not happening a lot
>>
>>70207443
I wish I could do that I have to go to work to afford health care
>>
>>70207487
>have to go to work to afford healthcare
great freedom ahaha
>>
>>70207699
Earning your keep, that's something to laugh about? Nice trolling, here's your (you).
>>
File: dr22.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
dr22.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>70207699
Well it's certainly freedom for the health care industry professionals to govern their own practices and providers to whatever way they choose without the government meddling.

That's the problem in this country. The rich have freedom too, and it is a problem, because they're fucking us all over.
>>
>>70204895
>25% of world's prison population
>no justice

ok anon
>>
>>70205595
Roach is right for once
>>
>>70204895
>why does America care far more about freedom than justice?
Because there is no inherrent contradiction?
>>
its true freedom is overrated

important thing is to tie nationalism / sovereignty with freedom in the memesphere
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.