[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greece-History-Culture-Civilization-Modern Greek/Hellene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
Feel free to express opinions
>>
>>70204750
Greece used to be cool.
But Greece fucked up.
And now Greece is the main exporter of fuckups to Europe.

Fuck off.
>>
Greece is the biggest meme in history.
Only relevant for a couple of years really.
Inventors of democracy lol
Just one city when only 3% voted and guess what, they were steamrolled by non democracies.
Greek democracy, such an achievment.
>>
>>70204750
Nice people nice food.
>>
File: nigreek.jpg (85 KB, 1024x538) Image search: [Google]
nigreek.jpg
85 KB, 1024x538
we have to pay denbts
>>
>>70205099
>Inventors of democracy lol
>Just one city when only 3% voted
Democracy may actually work if the voter pool is severely limited. You could actually have direct democracy then.
>>
>>70205571
>Democracy may actually work
>there are people on /pol/ who still believe this, despite all the failures of democracy
>>
>>70205571
They were conquered by non democracies.
The strength is all that matters.
Democracies are allways weak.
>>
The inventors of homosexualism.
>>
>>70205705
And hermaphroditism. So, after all, traps are part of modern society.
>>
>>70204750
true greek civilization eneded after battle at Aegospotami during Decelean war

and real greek died out during plague of justinian - modern greeks are just mix of turks and slavs

>>70205705
yes and albonoboboos are inventors of autism
>>
>>70206369
>modern greeks are just a mix of turks and slavs
t.stormfront

every scientist disagrees with you stormweenie
>>
>>70204750
Ancient Greece 10/10.
Heraclitus, Parmenides, Socrates , Pythagoras, etc etc.
Modern Greece pay denbts.
>>
>>70206518
>not bringing any arguments to the discussion
>lets acuse theopponent with retarded memes
>what could go wrong?

unlinke you, i supported my claims with sources, you did not

give me real arguments and i'll happelly agree with you
>>
>>70206369
This is why I still come to this place. Will be reading up...
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1455881145723.jpg (71 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
1455881145723.jpg
71 KB, 500x512
>>70204750
Mad props for democracy yo.
>>
What [the Greeks] achieved in art and literature is familiar to everybody, but what they did in the purely intellectual realm is even more exceptional. They invented mathematics [other cultures had rules of thumb, but Greece invented deduction from axioms] and science and philosophy; they first wrote history as opposed to mere annals; they speculated freely about the nature of the world and the ends of life, without being bound in the fetters of any inherited orthodoxy. What occurred was so astonishing that, until very recent times, men were content to gape and talk mystically about the Greek genius.

Bertrand Russell
>>
>>70206369
There's very little Turkic blood even in Turkey. It's noise in Greece. There's probably more Central Asian blood in Scandinavia via Uralic peoples.

It's true there's an extent of Slavic DNA in the population, probably around 10-15%.

To say that modern Greeks are a "mix" of anything that doesn't include predominantly authentic Greek populations is nowhere close to the truth. Just typical Northerner preconceptions due to inferiority complex.
>>
>>70204750
The Greeks were systematically destroyed by Romans.
>>
>>70209065
Culturally? Hardly. Romans were great.
It's Christianity that put Hellenism (and the entire Western civilization) to sleep.
>>
>>70209421
>>
>>70210294
What's your point? The idea that Romans respected, adopted and progressed Greek culture with time is hardly controversial. Neither is the sentiment that the rise of Judeo-Christian ethics and mysticism is what killed it.
>>
>>70209065
The Thracians, Persians and other easterners were systematically destroyed by greeks
>>
>>70204750
Greece is being financially assraped by George Soros as a means to destabilize Europe and line his pockets.
>>
>>70204750
Greece was lost when Athens became the dominant power over Sparta. Democracy is an insipid disease.
>>
>>70210935
Portugal used to be a great empire and is now the size of Hawaii.
>>
I feel so sorry for the greek people. They lost their cultures and idendity Centuries ago. After the Ottomons conquered their lands and defiled their blood you can't really say that 'pure' greeks exist any longer.
>>
File: 1456570689712.png (292 KB, 440x566) Image search: [Google]
1456570689712.png
292 KB, 440x566
>>70204952
>And now Greece is the main exporter of fuckups to Europe.
greece is just being blamed for all the shit that is happening dont fall for the meme
pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 383x383
>Greece
>civilised
>>
>>70211065
Mustafa, you probably don't realise it, but you're most likely of Greek and Armenian ancestry. You lost your identity and fully embraced your Muslim suppressor. Difference is that mainland Greece held onto it for a bit longer, and here we are now.
>>
>>70211414

but my name is hans
>>
>>70211059
Same with most european countries that had an empirr really? Fairly sure portugal is larger than hawaii, also most of its terrritory is aquatic thanks to the madeira and azores arquipelagos, territory we could use for our gain the the EU wasnt so faggoty with its quotas.
>>
File: polandball greece debts.gif (1 MB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
polandball greece debts.gif
1 MB, 640x400
>>70211348
Faggot.
>>
>>70211203
This. The EU has been bullyinh greece for decades. Any Member country too small or irrelevant to the council is fair game for their quasi commie quota loving asses
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.