[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY IS THERE NO IMMORTALITY RESEARCH?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
WHY IS THERE NO IMMORTALITY RESEARCH?
>>
>>70199034
Religion.
>>
It's not profitable
>>
>>70199034
>>70199151
There is.
Dont think it wont be reserved for the elite though.
>>
>>70199034
>discover immortality
>its stolen from you and given to nignogs and durkas because whites must pay for slavery
>>
>time is a concept that exists in one's mind
>our sensation of time is dependent on our living; our conception of "all of time" only exists without our own individual temporal frameworks
>when we die, time does not die with us; we cannot experience anything absent of time, and so we are all effectively eternal

are you happy?

You will never die, because "you" will never experience death. Such a thing would imply an absence of time, which is inexperiencable.
>>
File: 3ga7s.png (251 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
3ga7s.png
251 KB, 1190x906
>>70199165
>>
>>70199165
How is it not profitable? Virtually infinite money if you're immortal...
>>
>>70199034
stop posting pepes in fedora threads
>>
>>70199200
so what happens if i get atomized then huh?
>>
sens.org

google also has a life extension company that it's investing millions into
>>
>>70199034
there is
you are just too much of a filthy goy to know about it :^)

I will give you a hint tho:
>Its le current year + 29
>>
>>70199034
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_on_Aging
>>
>wanting immortality
>so you can wageslave for even longer

Great. If you don't age there isn't even any point in retirement.
>>
And have more people lying around doing nothing? No thanks, there was a podcast that discussed this thoroughly . there wouldn't be a Steve jobs, a Michaelangelo, a Trump , if all of us had all the time in the world to do something.

Why work out now? Do it tomorrow will be

Why do it now? Do it in 500 years.
>>
>>70199034
The jews don't want their secret to get out.
>>
>>70199034
People need to die it's apart of life.
>>
>>70199034
There is
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aubrey_de_Grey?wprov=sfla1
Some Ted talks too
https://www.ted.com/talks/aubrey_de_grey_says_we_can_avoid_aging?language=en
>>
>>70199034
There already is research into extending out lifespans to about 300 years without aging much. According to the research what we call aging(to death) is a biological glitch that shouldnt really exist after all why the fuck would life program itself to die if it wants to survive? In the future grey haired all timers wont exist and the oldest you will look is like in you 40s. In the far future we will keep our gorgeous prime 20 year old appearances forever.
>>
>discover secret to immortality
>richest jews of the world buy it
>world forever run by scheming kikes

Thats why
>>
>>70199459
>according to the research aging is a biological glitch

Holy shit, this is the most retarded thing I've read in months.
>>
>>70199034
>IMMORTALITY
Because everything has a price in this existence. The price of our miserable lives is death.
>>
There is, just not for you or me.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/david-rockefellers-sixth-heart-transplant-successful-at-age-99/

Seriously though, why doesn't that fucker die already?

This really makes me wonder what kinda procedures are hidden from us since so many people die from 1 heart transplant and this fucker got his 6th at age 99
>>
>>70199705
But what if he wants to be a nigger and get handouts forever instead of paying for something by himself?
>>
>>70199656
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/07/is-aging-an-acc.html

Our aging is caused by our telomeres being shitty.
>>
>>70199034
There is. Google just investested a shit ton more money into it. People ITT claim it doesn't exist "because it's not profitable". Yesterday there was a "moon landing hoax" post. This isn't the board you want to go for if you have a question regarding anything about scientific progress. /pol/acks consider it "degenerate".
>>
>>70199034
The only way to biological immortality is to reduce cellular wear and tear. Even machine immortality has its price. Plus there's that chance that all it will be doing is making a copy of your memories, not actually transferring your consciousness.
>>
>>70199861
Nice source, retard. Do you believe every shitty pop science article on the internet? Did you manage to finish high school, or do the Bahamas not have those? Do you even know what telomeres are?

http://www.nature.com/nrc/journal/v8/n3/abs/nrc2275.html
If telomeres were longer, or sustained their length, preventing "aging", we would die of cancer very fucking quickly. Here's a nice Nature review for you to read.
>>
>>70199034
1. Religion. I don't say this to be a fedora tipper but most of the world is religious and deep down the idea of living forever seems very wrong to them even if they joke about wanting it

2. When everyone lives, nobody dies. Population control measures will have to be put in place because humans are too retarded to invest in space colonization and interstellar travel

3. There are other, more pressing things. Who cares if you can "live forever" but you die of cancer at 52?

4. It would almost certainly be hoarded. Either the research kept a secret or the costs raised artificially to prohibit all but a few from attaining immortality.

5. What happens when a human gets 150? 200? 250? 500? 1000? We would need a long term study, a very long term study, to determine the safety of the treatment. For all we know, humans snap around age 150 and turn into serial killers like Ted Cruz. We see diseases like Alzheimer's attack and completely ravage your mind, it might not be the only thing lurking.

6. Moral issues associated with suicide. Let's face it, a lot of people are going to just want to die at some point. While that doesn't sound like that big of a problem, imagine if that became one of the only ways you could die? In many religions, suicide under most circumstances is a free ticket to Hell. So what if the treatment is permanent and someone wants to go but has a limitation like that? I remember reading about men and women long ago who would mill children for this very reason. Children are seen as innocent so they will go straight to heaven. Then you are arrested by the police or soldiers of what have you, and executed for your actions. Suicide by cop in the most extreme manner. It's assumed that this way, you will be judged and possibly sent to heaven if you pray hard enough.

7. Death may become taboo, forbidden, and I think that's just a bit frightening
>>
>>70199871
All you need is the brain. If you can make a replacement machine body and transplant the brain, then you might be able to live hundreds of years.
>>
>>70199871

Biological immortality is not possible, it is just better aging.

In science fiction the best immortality process was done by the cylon and their resurrection ships, you get a new body with all your memories as soon as you die, but well, you die anyways, this shit is not profitable at all and it wont be until we get asteroid mining right.
>>
>>70200046
The brain's cells deteriorate too.
>>
soros wants to keep it to himself

same as to why there no water powered engine or cure for the common cold.
>>
>>70199861

that's one cause, to cure aging entirely all causes have to be addressed but I think cell aging and epigenetic drift is primary
>>
They don't want autists like you to some how live forever. Thats why they research guns instead.
>>
>>70200046
Our neurons age slower than the rest of our body .

http://www.livescience.com/27423-brain-cells-outlive-bodies.html

So a brain transfer into a new body would work.
>>
Look up temperature reduction to reduce metabolism. If you are cold enough your body slows down metabolic processes and your cells deteriorate less often. Also fasting has some interesting effects on longevity.
>>
>>70199034
Only a few are allowed to be immortal.
>>
>>70199751

It's a black man's heart.
>>
File: 1440583039888.jpg (77 KB, 599x602) Image search: [Google]
1440583039888.jpg
77 KB, 599x602
>>70199200

>Time is a concept that exists in one's mind

Except that's wrong.

Albert Einstein proved that time and space are both relative.

Time is not just a concept, it's real and can bend and warp.

So your entire theory is shot.
>>
File: Aubrey De Grey.jpg (98 KB, 570x360) Image search: [Google]
Aubrey De Grey.jpg
98 KB, 570x360
Oh but there is.
>>
File: image.jpg (508 KB, 1163x1979) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
508 KB, 1163x1979
>>70199385
sigh, wagies btfo yet again
>>
>>70199751
Human cloning.
>>
Imagine George Soros never died.
>>
>>70199034
That's it I'm putting your brain in the robot.
>>
>>70199200
Except when you die you no longer exist.
TIme/space go on but without you existing - what once resembled you continues to experience form in a decomposed state that is not compatible with even 1% of what you used during life.

>>70199400
So wait, it's all egocentric for you? If I can't use resources and people around me just for the sake of my satisfaction then nothing works.

Others around you harm your existence with absolutely nothing - the same human nature is inside all, but then with everyone sticking around forever you can learn something from everyone and teach them back - serve and be served and join the circle of love.

This is not to be achieved with technological progress tho - only possibility to reach immortality is trough resurrecting in glory with Jesus - then only a handful of people will join the Kingdom of Heaven the rest are separated in an everlasting darkness and a lake of fire.

So you won't spend your eternity with low criminals, assholes and so on - they'll spend eternity all together.
>>
File: cute funny doge.jpg (278 KB, 900x625) Image search: [Google]
cute funny doge.jpg
278 KB, 900x625
>>70199034

There's this.

>Russian man to undergo world's first full head transplant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11672996/Russian-man-to-undergo-worlds-first-full-head-transplant.html

> Thirty-year-old Valery Spiridinov hopes to have his head transplanted on to another man's body in 2017 but some doctors have doubts.
>>
>>70199861
They aren't shitty at all, humans are among the longest living animal races on this planet.

Aging is one side effect of cosmic radiation and other environmental factors fucking with the self-replication capabilities of our DNA. But without those mutations there would be no evolution and adaption to changing environments, and without natural death there would be no point in reproduction anyways.
>>
>>70200185
Look up relativity, there is no time except for inside your head.
>>
>>70199861
>>70199986
In fact, I'm going to assume you won't have access to that, and add some open source articles:

http://www.impactjournals.com/oncotarget/index.php?journal=oncotarget&page=article&op=view&path[]=6938&pubmed-linkout=1

http://hmg.oxfordjournals.org/content/25/8/1663.long

>>70200092
You're even stupider than him. Cell aging is primary? Really? We age because our cells age? Tell me, what else is important?
>>
>>70199034
Just look up the 2045 initiative.
>>
>literally wanting to be controled by the eternal jew
>>
>>70200327

I read about that, his technique actually worked on a chimp. just imagine if it works on a person, it'll be revolutionary.
>>
Death is necessary for progress.
>>
File: Nixon.png (240 KB, 706x540) Image search: [Google]
Nixon.png
240 KB, 706x540
>>70200480

How long til we?
>>
>>70199034
There is though
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 401x711) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 401x711
>>70199034
We don't die, we multiply.

Life is immortal already, and we keep getting "better" with evolution, individual immortality stops the progress of life and should be avoided.
>>
>>70199034
I'm looking for the link right now, but scientists either just made or just started used a new type of material/wire that better connects with our own electric signals.

I think this is the eventual key to immortality, upload to a server, unless we can prevent brain degeneration. Of course then we have to figure out how to send signals to control ourselves in the server, etc.

But of course all this is assuming our consicouness/soul/YOU is made up of electrical signals or biological, transferable/recreatable bits.

Just some thoughts.
>>
>>70200185
>Albert Einstein proved
A phony, a fraud, a plagiarist and a jew.
>>
>>70200803
Are you implying there is something wrong with that pic? It won't fry if its not connected and cleaning electronics like that won't automatically destroy it.
>>
>>70200919
Waiting for that link
>>
>>70201213
looking, i fucking suck
>>
File: wojak 2.jpg (87 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
wojak 2.jpg
87 KB, 645x773
>>70199034

Imagine a world where everyone lives forever

It would be crowded.

Humans need culling.

Our only purpose in is to give life to the next generation, not live in the next generation.
>>
>>70201213
>>70201263

http://www.t3.com/news/scientists-invent-mesh-that-connects-your-brain-to-the-internet

This is cool in the meantime.
>>
Because if you spend more than 20 seconds to think about immortality and how rad it would be, you'd realise being immortal sucks
>>
>>70199034
George Soros devours young organs.
>>
>>70201337
Does this mean I can aspire to an afterlife of shitposting as a brain in a vat? I wonder how long it will take before we work out how to digitally replace eyes with certain kinds of eye damage... hearing aids are already a thing and image processing has advanced tremendously.

Hell, even LASIK is bomb, I got it a week ago and it's been great.
>>
>>70199034
There is, just for not public access.
I mean, if you had the ability to turn anyone you want into an immortal, would you?
I probably would not.
>>
>>70201117
he's using a fucking hose from tap water you retard

that is the opposite of a controlled cleaning.
>>
>>70201626

>Does this mean I can aspire to an afterlife of shitposting as a brain in a vat?
I hope so. Seems like our only hope. It seems like every other could be replaced with the right systems.

> I wonder how long it will take before we work out how to digitally replace eyes with certain kinds of eye damage... hearing aids are already a thing and image processing has advanced tremendously.

It'll probably take us hundreds of years(or maybe one huge discovery), but I could see us finding out which electrical signals correspond to ever system of our body and replicate those signals. We already have limbs connected to and controlled by the nervous system, it will expand. hopefully. If people aren't scared and do it right.

>Hell, even LASIK is bomb, I got it a week ago and it's been great.
Nice, I hope to get LASIK too, it's strange how bad eyesight is so common, would think basic vision would be an strong evolutionary trait.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.