[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the tech industry/silicon valley culture a byproduct of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: adultdaycare.jpg (105 KB, 1190x595) Image search: [Google]
adultdaycare.jpg
105 KB, 1190x595
is the tech industry/silicon valley culture a byproduct of a generation of Bluepills?

> no power suits, lazy casual wear at work
> ping pong tables/bean bag chairs and other childish items in the work environment
> colorful and playground-like designed workplaces with open feel good spaces
> bullshit 'drink the koolaid' cult-like following of companies you're a wageslave for
> incredible wealth but people would rather buy a prius and wear shitty khaki shorts

Contrast it with testosterone driven Wall Street a generation ago. How do we fix this?

Software culture is embarrassing.
>>
>>70197638
they fancy themselves to be 'libertarians'
make of it what you will
>>
>>70197638
Only good thing about this image is that there are no women in it
>>
>>70197638
We could beat them with baseball bats.

That usually works.
>>
>>70197638

Lol you just described my company. As far as I can tell those things are just frills and everyone is spending their time being stressed out and working their asses off just like everyone else at any other job.
>>
>>70197690
>>70197759
>>70197849
>>70197997

Where are all my coke binged software related jobs? Finance Analyst positions?
>>
>>70197638
>using retarded meme concepts like 'bluepills'
>caring about hoe people dress
>thinking people who try to use less resources are in the wrong
>caring about the decoration of the workplace

holy shit /pol/ is filled to the brim with mouthbreathers who left the traditionalism/conservatism rose tinted glasses too long to cause brain damage

neck yourself you metro sexual faggot
>>
>>70198320
CIA
>>
>>70198485
> thinking how you present yourself doesnt mean anything
> dumping all your income into a retirement account to spend until 75 is 'living life'
> working for a business is already kindergarden 2.0 you don't need to make it look like it

I'm mad about it because I am in Software and I present myself well and I am tired of the neckbeards with videogame tshirts
>>
>>70198690
How you dress doesn't have any bearing on the quality of your work, which is the only thing that matters in the software developing business, you aren't selling used cars, friendo.

How people spend their money is up to each individual, spending huge amounts of money money on shitboxes that take you from point A to point B doesn't mean you're 'living large', as a matter of fact I'd say it is retarded considering the vast quantity of things you can acquire that aren't cars or luxury clothing. I'd rather travel and acquire experiences than to spend money on a mobile box.

I'm sure someone has studied the effects of decoration and colors in workspaces, I would be willing to bet that people do their job best in relaxed and 'kindergarten' workplaces than they do at a boring, bland, formal office.

you seem to have obsessed wirh Gordon gekko too much friend
>>
>>70198690
>get to dress how you want, live how you want, get paid

I'll take that over choking to death on a tie any day
>>
>>70197638
Its because facebook is like that. They have a pool, gym and everything at their workplace cause they want their programmers to stay at work for as long as possible.
>>
>>70197638
Even though my life is a mess i am so glad i didnt end up like these normal beta orbiters.

I thought silicone valley was a mockumentary when its more of a documentary

Fuck its a funny show though mike judge is on point, all of his shows are red pilled as fuck
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.