[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do animals have rights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1380517292362.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1380517292362.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
Do animals have rights?
>>
>>70196177
limited rights, yes

How much and what kind of protections depends on the country and the animals in question.
>>
>>70196177
If a species cannot wipe its own bottom that species does not have rights.
>>
>>70196177
Not as much as us.
>>
>>70196177
Rights are a human social construct.
So if someone with power decides to give animals rights, then animals have rights.
>>
>>70196177
some do, it depends on what country
>>
Yes.
But not very many.
>>
>>70196177
No.
>>
>>70196177

The right to be cute
>>
>>70196177
We can barely apply rights to ourselves why would we bother extending it to animals?
>>
>>70196303
This. Animals have certain protections under the law so they have some rights.
>>
File: 1428102677533.gif (4 KB, 256x272) Image search: [Google]
1428102677533.gif
4 KB, 256x272
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_Civil_Rights_Movement_%281954%E2%80%9368%29
>>
>>70196268
that's not true, east indians still have rights and they can't even poo in the loo
>>
Hmm, if I ruled a country I would outlaw zoos and carnivals.

Keeping dogs and cats would be fine, birds if adequate space is provided.

Anyone caught torturing an animal gets 2 years, chance of probation.

I would definently change the disgusting conditions of animals raised to be slaughtered, I don't want to eat cow shit.
>>
>>70196438
I said "species" not "nationality."
>>
>>70196177
Limited rights, yes.

You can't torture them for shits and giggles, for example.

That's about it though.

Even then, I wouldn't say that the animal has the right to not be tortured; I would say that a human has no right to torture an animal.

They also have the right to be delicious
>>
>>70196177

>natural rights

They warrant much more ethical consideration than they currently garner

>pro animals rights people tend to be progressive moral cult cucks, so therefore it's ok to beat and flay-alive animals, because that's badass and fun, fuck liberals praise kek etc etc

/pol/ pretends to "see in between the lines", yet will dismiss by association such an incredibly important moral dilemma
>>
>>70196177

don't be mean to the animals :(
>>
>>70196863

I feel the same way.

Animals are like babies, innocents.
Even when they do fucked up shit they're still only animals.
>>
I think as a superior species, humans have a higher duty to treat animals humanely and with dignity. I feel that we lower ourselves by behaving cruely and disrespectfully to them.

But I don't believe that beasts in nature are born with rights and responsibilities like we are. It's a choice that we make.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.