[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: 1459467417530.jpg (33 KB, 375x315) Image search: [Google]
1459467417530.jpg
33 KB, 375x315
Hey /pol/, do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure - before it was ruined by SJWs, cucks, normies, and degeneracy? Older youth speak of the 90s as the time to be alive, but I say naught.

Us youth born between 1995-2000, we grew up in an era of digital pioneering, an era in which the internet, video games, the newest books, and the playground down the street all lived in complete harmony, none at the expense of the other.

Us tail-end millenials will always remember Youtube in the days of Shoes, Charlie the Unicorn, Fred, AVGN, Nostalgia critic, Scatman john, Mario 64 bloopers, Dr. Robotnik, Dr. Rabbit, Leeroy jenkins, Chad Warden, Rick astley, Zelda CD-i, Planet Unicorn Theme Song, Boxxie, and Bon qui qui, just to name a few.

We'll always remember laughing at the toddlers playing Webkinz while we thought we were so much better playing Club Penguin.
Runescape, Star Wars Battlefront, Halo - They all were pastimes.
When Green Day was cool to listen to, when the newest pop-Punk dominated our ears.
When pre-movie Spongebob and Drake and Josh were shows of choice.
A world that had yet to be explored, a world that looked so fun and optimistic.

How I wish to experience that era all over again.
>>
File: 1459878327342.jpg (44 KB, 507x556) Image search: [Google]
1459878327342.jpg
44 KB, 507x556
Holy fuck kill yoursrlf kid
>>
File: 1457460554182.jpg (112 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1457460554182.jpg
112 KB, 597x519
>>70190175
>The memes starting to get on
>Rickrolling your friends
>the Youtube Poops
>All this is gone
>mfw
>>
File: 1452502339092.jpg (429 KB, 1477x1941) Image search: [Google]
1452502339092.jpg
429 KB, 1477x1941
internet is too easy now

we need to make it harder to use
>>
>>70190175
I've never wanted to reach through a computer screen and punch someone more than right this second, you smarmy little fuck.
>>
Pingas
>>
>>70190175
Fuck OFF kid.
>>
>mfw gen Z
>mfw my childhood was wasted
at least I tried to do a bunch of stupid shit as a teen to make up for it but all my friends were dumb goys on their niggerphones
>tfw wasn't born in 1973
>>
File: onion-full.jpg (42 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
onion-full.jpg
42 KB, 950x534
>>70190175
I'm pretty sure I witness the first instance of Rickrolling, back in 2007 when I was still browsing for 10 hours a day. Someone claimed it was a link to a GTA4 trailer. Not just any trailer, a gameplay trailer. This was before it was called "rickrolling", it was similar to a duckroll and someone said "what is this, a rickroll?" after users kept reposting it for a few days.

It was surreal seeing a 4chan shitpost become a serious cultural-shaking thing. Anyway, we first used the original music video with the original song title. A few weeks later a guy uploaded the Astley video titled "Rickroll'd", and that became the standard link for the rest of the internet. It got 60 million views, and he took credit in press interviews for being the inventor of the Rickroll.

It was a bullshit story, because I uploaded a rickroll video titled "GTA IV Gameplay trailer" over a week before his, still on youtube. I called him out on lying in reddit PMs, he stopped replying once I dropped the evidence in the form of my link.

Anyway those shitty reddit meme comics also originated and thrived on 4chan, as much as people like to deny it. Still, something in my mind broke when I first saw them on IRL t-shirts. Up until then I considered the internet to be it's own self-contained universe that only elitists connected to like in the Matrix, and then it spilled over into real life.

I was also on the Katawa Shojou staff for the first 5 months, but that's another story. My only lasting contribution was coming up with the protag's heart disease.
>>
>>70190452
Glad I'm not the only one

#fuggintriggered
>>
>>70191172
Gen z starts in 2001, not 1995
>>
File: huge.gif (713 KB, 1250x1666) Image search: [Google]
huge.gif
713 KB, 1250x1666
Animemusicvideos.org
Ytmnd.com
Wow off topic forums
Homestar runner (who else has a cheat hoodie?)
Fark
Something awful
Newgrounds
Digg
Flash browser games
The best board for all this nostalgia is >>>/f/
Its like pre chocolate rain internet.
>>
File: PDP-11.jpg (66 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
PDP-11.jpg
66 KB, 800x540
>>70190175
>between 1995-2000, we grew up in an era of digital pioneering
I disagree, I was born in 1977, just in time to get in on the ground floor. I learned Assembly then C by the time I was 11-12 and had a Cardinal 12 baud modem (the kind you actually had to hang your phone handset on), and because of all that bullshit I was forced to actually learn how the HW works, and write drivers etc. Those were the pioneering days, the days of TRS-80's, C-64, Amiga, and (god help me) PDP-11's. I'd gladly warp back to that shit if it meant absolutely no online etiquette and zero SJW's in the tech world
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.