[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shkreli/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 280x180
I've been watching some of the videos of this guy chatting with people. Can't find one where he explicitly defends the price increase stuff though. I just came here to get the Shkreli 101 from you guys, can someone tldr his defense? From the videos he seems like a really smart dude, morality aside. Feel free to include your personal opinions as well.
>>
>>70181706
he claims he's doing it all for the sake of making life saving drugs less damaging to the patient, and to develop new medicines that other companies won't develop.

He says all the price increases will be borne by insurance companies or hospitals, and that any patient that actually has to pick up the bill can just contact him and they'll get it for free.

My take on it is that some of what he says is true, but there's obviously a profit motive here. He's talked about how amazingly profitable the scheme is in emails, and he's right. Just a fraction of the medicine needs to be paid for by insurance companies and he'll make bank.
>>
>>70182167
Why would he hide the fact that he's doing this for profit? The profit facilitates the research, the expansion, the credibility, etc. No shit there's "obviously a profit motive". Why am I angry? I should get a therapist
>>
>>70181706
He's not doing a whole lot wrong, but he is a fucking weird attention seeking weirdo.
i've seen him randomly go on skype calls just to argue and leltroll people for no real reason. You'd figure with the money he's making he'd be doing actual things, maybe even business related activities? sad.
>>
>>70182346
I was meaning that he's doing it partially as a money making scheme and not just to reinvest profits into developing new medicines.

Are you a fan boy or something? Way too defensive.
>>
>>70181706
Shkreli did nothing wrong.

I've fallen in love with this guy since following his finance guides. The guys a genius and very down to earth. Frankly couldnt give less of a fuck about any moral concerns there are with hi's pharama practices, there are none anyway.

Unless you've traded billions of dollars and are worth over 100 mil i dont want your advice or opinions. fuck the haters.
>>
>>70181706
He's not smart. He's retarded.
>>
>>70181706
He lives the life everyone here wants to live.

He gets to sit around all day trolling butthurt SJWs and playing vidja all while having millions and millions of dollars.
>>
File: poohitler.jpg (14 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
poohitler.jpg
14 KB, 320x287
>>70181706
The media paints him as a greedy CEO who steals from the poor for his own selfish ends. In fact, he takes money from the big healthcare business and drug companies who are in the process of ripping off the average American. The Jews who run the healthcare industry shriek in despair, for they cannot allow their precious shekels to be stolen by the goyim. So they get their friends in the 6 major news agencies to run stories about how Shkreli is a cunt until the average, uninformed American believes it.
>>
>>70181706

his defense is basically:

1. it was undervalued seeing how it saves your fucking life

2. by increasing the price of this single drug he's able to fund research on stuff the traditional pharma overlooks

3. everyone does it
>>
File: SATANAS.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
SATANAS.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
Here's the fallacy:

The cost of Healthcare in the good ol' USA is inflated by, like, 900% to go into these pharma companies. This goes into research, the drugs are made cheaper, research goes into new drugs, the world at large benefits from our largely inflated healthcare economy, most of which is subsidized by insurance or the gov'mint.

This sucks for people without medicaid, medicare, or good insurance. The Low to Mid Middle-Class.

Now, that's all fine, fuck the middle class am I right? The problem was that he did this with a hot-topic drug and for some reason the internet picked up on him. He pulled some sperg-shit instead of playing the game and he ate dirt because of it.

Big Pharma scrapes a huge chunk of change off the top of this inflated industry at the expense of a large portion of the american public. We all know it. It's rare that someone fucks up and gets identified, but when it happens the public has no mercy for them.
>>
>>70182609
>billionaire running enterprise
>not smart. retarded

#lastweektonight
#feelthebern
>>
>>70182577
>hi's
this guy definitely knows what he's talking about
>>
>>70182849
This. Increase one to fund others. His example toxoplasmosis. Current meds can be deadly.
>>
>>70181706
He's a smart man, a piece of human garbage, but he's smart.
>>
>>70182849

another point of his is it is a rarely used drug, doctors could go through their entire careers without having to deal with it

the worst practical implication of the price hike was that hospitals stopped stocking the pills because it became too expensive and not that commonly used, which could become a risk for the patients not having them readily available, but he says they are working on providing smaller packages for stocking purposes
>>
File: 29shkreli.jpg (4 MB, 5349x3450) Image search: [Google]
29shkreli.jpg
4 MB, 5349x3450
>>70182609
>got a job at a hedge fund at 16
>started his own hedge fund
>built 2 billion dollar companies and is only 33
>made hundreds of millions of dollars.

yeah the guy is a real pencil-chewer. Probably wears a helmet.
>>
>>70181706
Despite what the media might have you believe, 95% of the people using daraprim have not been affected by the price increase, only corporations have. You can go to the official daraprim website run by Martin's company and have it sent to you FREE. There are much more expensive prescriptions drugs than daraprim that go up to prices above $2000. Turing Pharmaceuticals was a failing company, it was losing money, Martin had to find a way to increase revenue, so he increased the price of a drug that has been proven to not be effective against what it's been labeled as, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>70183223
He is actually a pretty nice guy.
>>
>>70181706

dudes crazy and called out wutang's ghostface killa and says he got goons and shit, think they put a price on his head in bk
>>
>>70183408
No, he's actually not. If you believe he's anything other than a sociopath then you got duped my friend.
>>
>>70182609
>not smart
Friend his mom and dad were janitors. He went and got a degree form basically a junior college, he used talent and his mind to become a millionaire.
He's a genius.
>>
File: cant con the don donald trump.png (370 KB, 406x497) Image search: [Google]
cant con the don donald trump.png
370 KB, 406x497
looks like the guy who tried to sign all his classmates up for a pyramid scheme in highschool
>>70183408
>>70182577
you're the guys who signed under him

pic related is what a proper non-reptilian self made man looks like. shkreli doesn't have the look, probably gets no pussy that he doesn't pay for
>>
damn ghost was right, he does look like pee wee herman

>ayyyy lmao
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVQOZDKlRE

just fucking watch this. He defends his practice from enraged homo-aids fag. Fag ends up siding with him.
>>
>>70182609
Pretty much this. He's basically asking to get fucked by more powerful people in extralegal ways by making a mockery of our monopolistic drug laws. Big Pharma likes their broken system how it is. It's funny, but it's not very smart.
>>
>>70184038
if you look at the two, shkreli looks like the one with aids
>>
>>70183783

yeah but Trump's dad was a multimillionaire, Shkreli's was a janitor. only one of them is really a self-made man
>>
>>70184187
trump only got what, 2 million? and now he's worth 2 billion. this shkreli guy thinks more of himself than he really is. he's a jester
>>
>>70181706
the man is based
>>
>>70182346
He's not hiding this fact, he's perfectly fine with profiting off of greedy insurance companies and hospitals.
>>
>>70184324
>trump only got what, 2 million
stop before you go from stupid to imbecile
just stop
>>
>>70182384
i'm pretty sure he is on house arrest right now, or some sort of court order where he is prohibited from work as he awaits trial
>>
>>70184324

doesn't matter, you can't claim to be "self-made" if you would have never had an opportunity without daddy's millions. the 2 million dollars in loans alone made Trump a rich man compared to the average American. obviously he's a great businessman, but not entirely self made. Shkreli has/had something like $40 million and he came from basically nothing.
>>
>>70182955
>grammatical error
>i'll disregard your opinion
>>
>>70184499
>I have no arguments
>>
>>70184187
i'm a trumpet but this is fucking cope

Trumps very competent and a confirmed genius but lived a vastly more privileged life over shkreli
>>
>>70184324
>Small Loan
>>
File: 1335114297432.png (125 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1335114297432.png
125 KB, 268x265
>>70182849
>sperglord monkey defending this retard
>>
>>70182577
this everything he is doing is legal, but it put him on the radar so everyone is looking for something to wrong him
>>
>>70184868
>>70184591
2 million isn't even that much money. keep jerking off to your here in my garage guy if you want. you're like the people who are fond of ted cruz. just look at his face and you see he's not worthy of respect
>>
>>70185086
kek the bait is low quality
>>
>he's Albanian
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>70182384
>with the money he's making he'd be doing actual things, maybe business
you got that totally wrong
BECAUSE of the money he's making he's got all the time in the world to do things he ACTUALLY enjoys: trolling people who piss him off.

all he wanted was to get rich enough to put giant golden dong in his yard, large enough for the whole world to see, and covered in middlefingers.
>>
>>70181706
Literally half the youtube videos of him are him talking about daraprim because people ask him all the fucking time.
>>
>>70185181
refute 1 point
>>
I don't think anyone ITT has actually summed up his defense for raising the price correctly so I'll try to do it real quick

>company needs more revenue because it has been running a loss
>wants more money for research and development
>price was quite cheap prior to increase
>those who can't afford drug/insurance doesn't cover it can receive it for free
>over 50% of the drug is given away for free, 70% sold for less than a penny for pill or something like that
>nobody is deprived of drug due to cost increase
>>
>Be martin shkreli
>buy a pharma company that isn't making money, but not really losing money
>want to develop a modern version of the drug his recently purchased company makes, because the one being used is 70 years old and has awful side effects
>need money to do this
>increase price of drug, start hiring researchers
>researchers now developing upgraded version of the drug
>media gets wind of the price increase
>tries to start a public lynching

If Shkreli was actually a greedy piece of shit, he'd have increased the price even further. He has less money today than when he bought the company, and doesn't pay himself a salary. Half the people who go onto his stream to call him names think the drug in question treats AIDS, but it doesn't. They just blindly hate him because the news says he's a bad guy.

He can also be really awkward in real life interaction and probably has aspergers.
>>
>>70184989
Another key point of his defense: Something like 60% of the pills he sells for only 1 cent. Anyone who finds themselves unable to afford the pill (due to a lack of insurance) can contact his company and receiving it for free.
So really, he's exploiting insurance companies. No one is dying because of what he's doing.
>>
>>70185896
What is preventing the insurance companies from doing a price hike on their policies and thereby transferring the increased cost to the consumer?
>>
>>70185509
this.

everybody is freaking out calling shkreli and asshole and basically a murderer by raising the price of the drug. but these people are too easily rused into not thinking deeper and finding out the whole story.
>>
He just did his job, it is capitalism. If he doesn't do it then someone else will and he will be fired, so it makes no sense to avoid doing it. If people don't like it then they should get universal healthcare. But people vote to pay lots of money instead, so they need to pay a price that the company can handle
>>
>>70182741
Truly the most successful NEET of our time.
>>
>>70185742
>They just blindly hate him because the news says he's a bad guy.

liberal 18 year olds to late 20 year olds in a sentence.

same goes for trump. "i hate him cuz hes a racist! i saw a meme that said so" yet they cant come up with one racist thing hes said that.
>>
>>70186088
Nothing and they're probably doing it
>>
>>70182853
>Here's the fallacy:
>The cost of Healthcare in the good ol' USA is inflated by, like, 900% to go into these pharma companies. This goes into research, the drugs are made cheaper, research goes into new drugs, the world at large benefits from our largely inflated healthcare economy, most of which is subsidized by insurance or the gov'mint.

This is the situation that Americans have chosen with their votes

>This sucks for people without medicaid, medicare, or good insurance. The Low to Mid Middle-Class.

This is how Americans like it, they don't want free healthcare

>Now, that's all fine, fuck the middle class am I right?

The middle class votes AGAINST stuff that will benefit them like universal healthcare, so why should the poor or rich do it?

>Big Pharma scrapes a huge chunk of change off the top of this inflated industry at the expense of a large portion of the american public.

It is what people vote to have

>We all know it. It's rare that someone fucks up and gets identified, but when it happens the public has no mercy for them.

Which makes no sense, because the public don't want free healthcare. The public votes to keep paying huge amounts of money
>>
>>70181706
I don't see nothing wrong in what he did... He is simply playing the system. Of course people are against him because they fear what they do not understand.
>>
He's obsessed with getting street cred like a feral nigger, just goes about it in a white boy way
>>
>>70188087
He's just doing baka desu senpai IRL, before it was filtered here.
>>
>>70186088
His drug has a tiny effect even with the cost increase, when bigger companies increase the prices of their popular drugs, then the insurances have to pass on the price, and that happens all the time.
>>
>>70181706
>learns the rules of the jewish game of capitalism
>succeeds in the game
>faggots and other jews jealous/mad
He's a chill dude. Only time I hated him was when he was beefing with that Wu-Tang member. That was cringey but other than that he knows his shit and deserves his success.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.