[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the NRA. Are they trustworthy? Is it in my best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: nra.png (280 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
nra.png
280 KB, 1024x1024
Redpill me on the NRA.

Are they trustworthy? Is it in my best interest to join as a gunowner?
>>
>>70170593
bump, /pol/ is busy tonight
>>
They're cool. Actually Google instead of taking a random motherfuckers word and visit /k/ archive for real info instead of the copy paste "they iz evail!!"
>>
>>70170593
They are not out to protect your rights. Look at Hughes Amendment, they will never repeal it because that would devalue their $20,000 M16's because they would be worth $1k or so.
They will never advocate the Hearing Protection Act (de-regulate suppressors) because they would be worth less than what they are right now.
Tl;dr Kind of, sort of, not really.
>>
>>70170593

Sellouts.
>>
They don't do enough to protect gun rights.

See the 7n6 ban.
>>
>>70170593
They have their flaws, but they are by far the most effective lobbying organization for gun-owners. They have the resources, they have the connections, they have the grassroots organization to most effectively advocate for our rights. Plus you get a cool hat if you join.
>>
>>70171436
Why is it in the NRA's interest to have machine guns banned
>>
They are literally the lobbying arm of the gun manufacturing industry.

It's like General Motors lobbying for driver's rights and auto safety. It's a conflict of interest.
>>
They do a lot of great stuff other than lobbying like firearm safety training and curation of firearm museums
>>
>>70171800
Except there is a common interest. Both gun manufacturers and owners want minimal gun laws, easy access to guns and a wide variety of them. The manufacturers want it because it gets them broader market and more money, the people because second amendment. Very good relationship
>>
>>70171617
You mean to keep them banned?
It's because there are only 182,619 transferable machine guns according to the ATF.
You have to assume that probably 10 to 20% of the 183K registered guns are easily gone now since 1943 (lost, stolen, damaged beyond repair). You have to remember that prior to 86 there wasn't a whole lot of value in a damaged M16 when the transfer or making tax was 1/3 the cost of the gun itself. Similar to suppressors today, who buys a used or damaged can when 25% of the value is in the transfer tax and you could just buy a new one from a dealer.

As a result of the closed registry, we cannot get new machine guns. We simply trade the ones that have been out there for years. This has resulted in very high prices. For example, one can get an AR15 for $600-700 in the USA, but I have seen converted automatic AR15s sell for $17,000. Factory Colt guns can go for $25,000+. Uzis which were a few hundred dollars back in the day are now bringing $12,000! This has created a small fiat driven marketplace for an extremely low amount of goods with an insanely high demand.

tl;dr Machine guns are an investment, you buy one and the price only goes up. People who own machine guns are rich and make massive donations to the NRA, to ensure the ban won't be repealed.
>>
>>70171800
>lobbing
>conflict of interest
Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
They support gun rights and hate Obama hence why I am a life long member
>>
>>70171800
>no two opposing interests
>conflict of interest

CoI does not mean "holds an interest I don't like," it means "holds multiple different interests and cannot possibly serve all of them properly."
>>
>>70172724
>>70172963
He worded it poorly, it's a branch of the domestic gun industry, therefore when foreign competition was banned, they were all for it. Their loyalties lie with the manufactures, not the people's rights.
>>
>>70172566
Machine guns aren't really that big of a deal. Who cares really?

Bottom line-- The NRA isn't perfect, but they have kept us in guns for 200 years, and we're one of the last two or three countries that can say that, meanwhile the rest of the world got completely fucked and lost their guns like UK and AUS.

>MUH SINGLE SHOT SHOTGUN!!

Yeah I know england. What did that take five years of paperwork?
>>
>>70170593

They are a bunch of greedy cocksuckers but unfortunately they are the best we have.
>>
>>70171418
I did google, I get nothing but bleeding heart liberals talking about muh gun control.

Also, I trust /pol/ more than /k/ on matters like this
>>
>>70173791
>Machine guns aren't really that big of a deal
>Who cares really?
Any law abiding, self-respecting gun owner.
Machine guns are a big deal, because they are included in the 2A, yet they are banned. What's next, semi autos?
See "Give a Mouse a Cookie"
>>
>>70175021
Well you are technically right, but I was born and lived my whole life and we never had machine-guns.

But- Yes I should repeat that you are right. it is better for us to be on the offensive, fighting to get our old rights back (silencers, machine guns) than fighting a losing war of defense, as we lose one more category after another and the gun grabbers take more of our rights.
>>
>>70171436
Bro I just got out of the Army, and I was looking on GunBroker for an preban M16A2 for shits and giggles, figuring it would be a few grand. HOLY SHIT was I wrong.
>>
>>70177079
Thanks,
If you want to be on the offensive you can write your State Representative and politely urge him to support Constitutional carry, The Hearing protection Act, or anything else you want him to support.
>>70177234
Well, you can get a Colt R6600 or an R6500 for a 1k or so, and an M203 heat shield for $150 if you want some Army nostalgia.
>>
>>70170593
NRA is normie tier. They support "moderate" restrictions on our constitutional right to bear arms. Give to Gun Owners of America
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.