[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How likely is a future war in Antarctica? What if global warming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: anarctica relative size.jpg (249 KB, 771x728) Image search: [Google]
anarctica relative size.jpg
249 KB, 771x728
How likely is a future war in Antarctica? What if global warming makes it easier to settle? What if lucrative mineral deposits are found? Keep in mind the Anarctic Treaty expires in 2048.

Why isn't the US being more proactive about claiming our stake setting up "research stations" that will serve as bases in the future?
>>
If global warming allows it to be settleable, it'll be an island archipelago. Flaura and fauna will not spread from one island to the other. It'll still be difficult.

The most lucrative mineral operations besides space exploration when entrance/exit costs less than 200k, is actually deep sea mining. Why do you think nations are fighting over... Water?

Op, be blue pilled and uninformed elsewhere.
>>
I bet you can see Nibiru from there
>>
File: AntarcticBedrock2.jpg (425 KB, 1333x1333) Image search: [Google]
AntarcticBedrock2.jpg
425 KB, 1333x1333
Antactica without ice.
>>
>>70167937
Niburu is meant to exist it in the far Lagrange point of earth, in fact it could explain why earth gravity is a lot stronger than other planetoids of this size.

>>70168105
Is that taking into account the higher sea levels caused by that ice becoming water?
>>
>>70168105
is that assuming the sea level would be the same if all that ice melted?
or is that how it would be if the melted ice added to the sea level?
>>
File: Clover_Pepe.png (119 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Clover_Pepe.png
119 KB, 1200x800
>>70166340
>Antarctica melts
>giant monsters come out and destroy civilization

can't wait
>>
>>70166340
Keep in most they finding plant fossils in Antarctica and tree stumps of million old tree long gone. Who say large amount of fossil trees and ancient sea beds, say coal and oil.
>>
>>70168190
>>70168213
It's not taking into account the higher sea level. It's a map based of NASA scans.
>>
>>70168190
>>70168213
because of buoyancy force ice that is already suspended in water will not change the volume. just as a cup filled to the brim with ice in it will not overflow when it melts. So it wont be as drastic as you think im sure. only the ice suspended on the hidden land should make it rise and ice is less dense than water by a bit. but i havent done much research.
>>
File: Walker_Assault_DICE.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Walker_Assault_DICE.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>war in Antarctica
We Hoth now.
>>
File: Zealandia_topography.jpg (143 KB, 573x677) Image search: [Google]
Zealandia_topography.jpg
143 KB, 573x677
Another place that would be interesting to drill around a little bit is Zealandia, the New Zealand continent that was submerged 23 Ma ago.
>>
Is there anything of geological/historical/whaterever-ical note in Antarctica? Something to unearth that might baffle archeologists.
>>
>>70167707
>deep sea mining

Where can I learn more about this?
>>
>>70168556
Except that ground is fixed to the tectonic plates, it doesn't float like ice and will do the opposite.

>>70168790
There are treaties against that

When I become a big name in politics (green libertarianism, it'll be hilarious) I'm going to ensure Antarctica remains strictly for scientific research.

>>70169047
You can't.

It's so far away.
>>
>>70169041
Antartica had a mild climate and flora and fauna up until like 30 million years ago.
>>
>>70169176
kek it's you again.

Anyway, Russia has a three-man super duper deep sea vehicle, and they went down to the sea floor up at the arctic to verify that there's a big untapped aquafer there.
>>
>>70169176
are you shitposting me australia? i said the ice on land will cause a rise in sea level. but how much?
>>
>>70166340
>global warming

except the globe is cooling.

expect an ice age by ~2030

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKTZRjJFdXk&nohtml5
>>
>>70169176
There are other countries already doing that. It's just the south americans whom tell themselves they somehow have right to antarctic clay.
>>
File: Doggerland3er.png (2 MB, 2166x1212) Image search: [Google]
Doggerland3er.png
2 MB, 2166x1212
There's Doggerland, too, was happened around 10,000 BC and disappeared underwater around 6,800 BC

>>70169041
They found large amount of fossil plants and animals . Keep in mind that Antarctica broke from the Gondwana supercontinent and started going south around 25 million years ago.
>>
>>70169457
Yeah its me.

When I rise my face will become the face of Australian libertarianism. I fully expect the backlash of compromising libertarianism for environmentalism, trust me it's the only issue I'll compromise libertarianism for.

BTW I'm more attractive than Justin Trudeau.

>>70169464
Generally the ice argument is used to persuade people that global warming doesn't cause higher sea levels. My apologies.

>>70169533
We'll fight them on their soil, that's more effective anyway especially when you're the defender in a war. Gotta get that wargoal score, Buenos Aires is getting occupied if those cucks try to abuse Antarctica.

>>70169855
Yes, Antarctica was once thriving with life, in fact life on Australia spread through Antarctica.
>>
>>70170247
And scientists have difficulties recognizing most of the plant fossils in Antarctica, since it was proper for the place. Ancient Australia might have the same plant life before the ancestors of the Abos decided to burn the shit out of the entire Australian continent.
>>
>>70170543
It's plausible that the forests burned because Australia moved northwards into a hotter climate faster than the arboreal forests could adapt, thus they burned and created the godforsaken deserts here.

Its also possible that aboriginals thought they found an epic hunting technique.

The similarities between south American animals (only other place with marsupials, iirc) and Australia already proves that anyway.
>>
>>70171213

>Australia moved northwards into a hotter climate faster

southern hemisphere education
>>
>>70169519
>MFW BF2142 112 years early
>>
>>70171446
Check out the tectonic shifting, this plate is still shifting northwards.

This shit is Googleable...
>>
>>70169519
>a winter world

I wonder how it will look like... There'll be something magical about it.
>>
>>70172005

my point was, i doubt it moved 'so fast' that forests couldn't adapt.
>>
Even if global warming made it warm enough to settle you're not going to accomplish much when night lasts half the fucking year.
>>
>>70173072
It's "possible."

Aboriginal people are the only people who deserve political correctness and affirmative action (even though only Asians actually benefit from it), I've quasi identified myself so I can't really explain more than that. Let's just say it "doesn't matter" what destroyed the forests and grasslands of central Australia.
>>
>>70166340
Atlantropa is far more appealing of an option if land and fertile farming grounds are needed.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.