[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't millennials believe in the American dream?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
Why don't millennials believe in the American dream?
>>
Because the boomers stole it from us
>>
>>70158706
It's actually the Jews who stole it, and now they're making you blame the boomers in order to let them kill off people who get too old and expensive. Typical divide and conquer.

And as long as you are sufficiently demoralized, you won't have a problem with waiting your turn to be culled off after being used up.
>>
Because they're faggots
>>
>>70158636
Because its dead. Read The Great Gatsby
>>
>>70158880
Maybe so, but you have to admit the boomers enabled it to a large degree.
>>
>>70158880

Two heads of the same coin, anon.
>>
Stop whining and start working
>>
File: sad baby.jpg (52 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
sad baby.jpg
52 KB, 450x300
>>70158911
n nno i'm nnot. yyour the f faggot.
>>
>>70158636
Oh good, a millenial bashing thread. I was beginning to get worried.
>>
>>70159023
Yeah, they grew up in a relatively coddled era. Just think: you guys know much more about reality now at an early age.

That could turn out to be quite an advantage depending on how things play out.
>>
>>70159520
Sooo....when will the USA start their final solution?
>>
middle class wages are low and house prices are too high relative to wages

this SHOULD be corrected by the baby boomer dying off, but we're just importing a bunch of trash so it will never be corrected until the economy collapses completely
>>
Although cynicism regarding the idea is valid to a certain extent, ppl call me crazy for believing in the murrican meme.
>>
>>70159638
Final solutions aren't very final, it seems to me.

I don't think we'll start it. Whatever solutions we wind up with will be in large part a consequence of some impending need. Necessity is the the mother of invention, as they say.
>>
>>70158636
Because the system is so fucked.
>>
It's an unattainable dream.
>>
File: beast_the.jpg (620 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
beast_the.jpg
620 KB, 1500x1500
Good old Carlin on the dead American dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
>>
>>70158636
The absence of jobs.
>>
>>70160181
>>70160184
>>70160485
By the way, I'm curious to know what you think the dream is in the first place.
>>
>>70160678
Historically it's been home ownership. White picket fence, two and a half kids and a retriever.
>>
>>70160678
my dream is to make it through my current 6 year contract and have no college debt at the end of it, get a degree with that sweet mgib and live an average life back home for cheap.
>>
>>70160678
When I was young, I believed that, if you truly want it and you work hard for it, then you can achieve anything. Landing on the moon was the symbol for that. Then you realize the game is rigged from the start. You keep denying it, you force yourself even harder, you fight, you struggle, you give everything you have and it's still not enough. But that was, because I live in Germany; although I think many Americans experience it the same way. Maybe even more so, because they live in the promised land.
>>
>>70160915
This, and specifically the clear path to work to have those things. Mobility.
>>
Millennial here. I have no friends and don't care about money. I will probably kill myself by 30.
>>
>>70158636
Because the dumbfucks went 25k in debt for a worthless degree and now they are stuck hoping for a 15 min wage just so they can pay it off.
>>
>>70160678
Also a rags to riches thing. Through hard work and good decisions you'll be rewarded with a good career, good money, good house and kids.
>>
>>70159412
now that trump is imploding we comeback to our regular program.

hate fags, millennial, Nigger, liberals and feminazis
>>
>>70161701
>get degree in chemistry
>get cucked by poo in loos working on H1b visa
>no job for me even though I have a skillset

what the fuck, america
>>
>>70161695
but how will you afford the gun? :^(
>>
>>70158636
They don't know what American is anymore, and I don't blame them. Being American once meant something, usually of European Christian descent. Now anybody can become American, so they're like what's the fucking point? Imagine if anybody could be Japanese just by getting citizenship. The whole meaning of being Japanese would be in the trash.
>>
>>70162161
I'll just look for a rope.
>>
Because dreams aren't real.
>>
>>70160678
History.
>>
>>70160678
If you work hard then you'll be able to get a job, own a home, and support a family.

But for years productivity and inflation have increased while wages have stayed the same.

The idea of a live at home parent is quickly becoming impossible.
>>
>>70158636
>falling for the american meme
you know it only ever is mentioned in essays, news, and immigration propaganda, right

>captcha:1943
>>
>>70158636
Because you have to be asleep to believe it.
>>
>>70162440
just messin with you man. We're not so different
>>
Because they're the first generation to not rely on daily corporate media jewing and are waking up to the fact that capitalism is always going to fuck over 99.9% of people
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.