[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too Rich to be President
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Too-Rich-To-Be-President.jpg (59 KB, 625x385) Image search: [Google]
Too-Rich-To-Be-President.jpg
59 KB, 625x385
In 2012 when Romney was the nominee, the main argument that I heard from everyone was that Romney was too rich and too out of touch to be president,
Fast-forward 4 years and now a self-proclaimed, multi-billionaire is running for president and no one bats an eye. Trumpfags will defend this.

>Romney: $250M net worth = too rich to be president
>Trump: "$10B" net worth = muh MAGA
>>
>>70153707
Congratulations. You debunked Trump's entire candidacy.
>>
>>70153707

Romney = vulture capitalist financier, kike-tier, destroys companies with layoffs and leveraged buyouts

Trump = invests in real things, builds skyscrapers, employs tens of thousands of people, creates businesses

Also a class thing. Trump comes off as working class, Romney's an out of touch patrician type.
>>
>>70153707
>too rich and too out of touch to be president
They couldn't just straight up say they didn't want a mormon as president...
>>
>>70153940
This is pretty correct.....
>>
>>70153707
I think the key difference is the message.
Unlike Romney, Trump revels in his rich man status rather than apologizing for it and then says you can be rich too if I'm in charge.
When someone tries to shame you for being rich, ask them what they did with their life
>>
>>70153707
No one hassles Trump for being rich because he's not publicly ashamed of it. The opposite was true for Romney.

It's the same reason why "faggot" only works as an insult for straight people.
>>
Trump isn't out of touch. The common man has more affinity with Trump than with any other candidate.

Romney lived in a different universe, where blacks in 2012 listen to Who Let the Dogs Out and everyone can start a business by taking a big loan from their parents.

On top of that, Trump ran actual business that produce things, whereas Romney was your typical vulture that lived just to destroy and scrap companies. He never produced anything.
>>
Rich politician =/= Rich businessman
>>
Romney was an elitist faggot who had no concept of how rich he is.

Trump is very, very aware of how rich he is, and proud of it. He's more truthful since he doesn't try to hide his wealth, but he still seems like a guy that most people could have a normal conversation with, instead of Romney who is a hollow political shell.
>>
>>70153707
It has nothing to do with how much money they have, Romney looked and acted like a serial killer and spilled spaghetti all over the place. also, Mormon.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, btw, he seems like it when he's not on the trail, but he was definitely out of touch.

Trump is the opposite. His extreme wealth and ubiquity in the American cultural consciousness makes him MORE relatable, not less.
>>
>>70154120
Yeah. When we said he was too rich, we were referring to the private planet of gold and gems reserved to him by Christ for his service to the Temple.
>>
>>70154325
>everyone can start a business by taking a big loan from their parents.
Trump did this.>>70154308
>No one hassles Trump for being rich because he's not publicly ashamed of it. The opposite was true for Romney.
People vote for Trump because of his celebrity status and because he is a sideshow
>>70154120
>they didn't want a mormon as president...
I didn't either so I didn't vote for him. I live in California so it was going Democrat regardless of my vote
>>
>>70153707
>Trump
>Out of touch

Trump is a direct hard wired iron line into the subconscious psyche of pop culture straight non-cucked white male.
>>
>>70154585
Trump did what?
>>
>>70154680
Trump received "only 1 million dollars" to start his business
>>
>>70154680
received $1M from his father to start a business
>>
>>70154755
That is a small loan relative to what he was getting into with it.

The difference is that Romney told young people that they should get loans from their parents and start business with it. Trump is under no such illusion that the common man has access to such a thing.
>>
>>70153707

It wasn't Romneys money so much as his attitude. Trump never wrote off the 47 percent of Americans who receive some form of government assistance as being worthless and a lost cause, Romney did. Trump wants to bring back jobs for those working class people, Romney is a typical cuckservative neo-con who couldn't care less about them. Also Romney made his money as a corporate raider with Bain capital, taking over businesses and moving the jobs to low wage countries like China and India. Trump = job creation, Romney = outsourcing and investment banker greed.
>>
>>70153940

This
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.