[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody here really believe that our behaviour is fully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: A9aKWQT.jpg (88 KB, 639x558) Image search: [Google]
A9aKWQT.jpg
88 KB, 639x558
Does anybody here really believe that our behaviour is fully predetermined by our genetics? I mean in the sense that our personalities, how violent we are etc are shaped by genetics?

Do you also believe in the notion of free will?

Because those two beliefs seem rather antithetical to eachother in my opinion.
>>
nature and nurture both play big roles.
>>
>>70149488
Could one play a bigger role than another in various circumstances you think?

My friend believes that both shape eachother. For example nature creatres the atmposphere for nurture to occur in and vice versa. If we're raised in one enviroment for a selective period our genetics should reflect this and thanks to that the way our socieites are shaped, how we are raised etc(nurture) would in turn be shaped by nature. So it would be a spiral that either has a positive influence or negative in the long run depending on the circumstances, that would result in free will being relatively non- existant or an illusion.

Any comment on the free will question btw?
>>
>>70149350
>Does anybody here really believe that our behaviour is fully predetermined by our genetics?
Both, a retarded Asian with a genetic defect is still retarded even when raised in a culture that values education and achievement.
>Do you also believe in the notion of free will?
Clearly define free will.
>>
>>70149350
is this babbies first philosophy ?
>>
>>70149350

Free will isn't compatible with science.

You don't have free will. It's just another religious belief.
>>
>>70151337
Isn't cuckolding an example of free will since you're actively going against your nature.
>>
>>70149350
Everything is determined by genetics. We grow up based on how our genes make us act and according to how our parents genes make them act. This goes back into infinity. Everything is numbers and genetics. Given enough time and info about you I could predict your whole life. But we unfortunately don't have the equipment necessary
>>
>>70149350
the dog in a stroller is retarded but the kid on a leash is fine for giving your young un some freedom to walk without the fear of them running into a road or having to hold a hand.

>do you believe in the notion of a free will
well if there wasnt free will we are not responsible for any of our actions and so it doesn't matter if theres a heaven or hell because we arent doing anything wrong, were just following a script.
>>
>>70149488

Pretty much all scientific examination of the subject refutes this. Nurture is near nothing.
>>
>>70151669

they why do white people turn to niggers after being exposed to the Jew Tube?

Explain that.
>>
>>70151828
See
>>70151476
>>
>>70151217
My notion of free will is simply going against my nature. I'm not sure what the commonly associated definition is but whatever.

>>70151309
Yeah I guess, it's only natural to want to put the things and opinions I see here into context.
>>
>>70151608
>without the fear of them running into a road or having to hold a hand.

god forbid you hold your own child's hand
>>
>>70151669
Read about the cloth mother/wire mother experiments and who those monkeys were affected later in life.
>>
>>70152046
Not everyone is a manlet like you :^).
>>
>>70152030
If you go against your nature that action was likely some hidden part of your nature or you were prompted by an external force to change your nature.
>>
>>70152046
holding a child's hand is a pain in the ass. Especially if they're being little shits and trying to sit down. Much easier just to drag them by the leash
>>
>>70151476
I used to think that way too. But looking at how savage the vikings were, and then looking at how cucked and passive us scandis are today, it doesn't make sense... I think it's probably a middle ground between genetics and social factors.
>>
>>70149350
Only problem with this is that both arent leashed and walked. Strollers are for long day activities and babies. If you plan to be at the park for a few hours a stroller isnt necessary for 3 to 4 year olds.
>>
>>70152024
What about unpredictable third(or more) order consequences influences actions or actions prompted by random incidents involving non-living things.
>>
>>70150083
In terms of free will I do think human beings have it, whether we're able to make a decision proves that to me, the ability for so many different possibilities is free will, for our lives to be predetermined is an allusion
>>
>>70149350
Genetics has a huge influence on your intelligence. People who are stupid as fuck tend to be more violent. There are also dumb people who are not violent, and smart people who are violent, but they are less common.

This explains black crimes and violence rates as well as Asian crimes/violence (or lack there of).

It's not a hard concept Sven.
>>
>>70152378
And the people who made it socially acceptable to be passive were genetically passive. If they weren't passive and they were taught it their genes made them more likely to copy someone who was genetically passive.
>>
>>70152798
That's not really my question though.
>>
.>>70152568
Their genes will determine how they act (along with how their parent treated them which is determined by their genes).
>>
You have free will in the sense that you have the capacity to act in any way, but you're inclined to act in a certain way as determined by your genetic make up. Suppose, for example, you were starving. You're inclined to eat something, but you can choose not to. In the same way a German is predisposed to ruin civilization, a swarthy person feels the need to rape and a Jew feels the need to cheat. But they don't have to.
>>
>>70153167
No no no no mudslimes are inclined to destroy civilization. And they do. Germans are just inclined to start war.
>>
>>70149350
I believe that's it's both genetic and environment.

Though I have serious doubts about free will.
>>
>>70153363
The people of that region are just predisposed to ruining everything and replacing it with their own stuff, through cruelty. The various hordes of the Middle East do it now, but the Assyrians and the Babylonians and even the Jews did it before them.
>>
>>70153167

>germans inclined to destroying civilization
>the eternal anglo shills again
>>
According to twin studies intelligence is about half inherited and half environmental
Personality in general is probably the same
>>
>>70154281
They destroyed Rome. Their ancestors fought along the Huns against ours. They tried to end the balance in Europe and create German hegemony. They invented Protestantism and divided the Western World. Right now Germany does as she always has done and floods Europe with barbarian tribes. Sorry my 1/14 German friend but you must resist your destructive tendencies.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.